I'm not even sure why there's a conversation about comparing BL and Lego.

because BL / Brick Owl / Bricks & Pieces (&PaB, I wonder why that one still even exists) are essentially parts shops. It totally makes sense to compare them, when you need parts these 3 are options to buy from.

I wasn't talking about availability, I was talking about the actual product listing.

well it makes sense that BL isn't gonna list an item that no one offers (besides, what's good if the part is listed in B&P if it's not buyable?). But let's be honnest, BL's catalog is much much more up-to-date than Lego's own. If has never been listed on BL, chances are that it doesn't exists.

Now where it does suck is for the compatibility. Different part #'s for the same part, variant molds, etc.. not easy for a beginner to find his way through that mess.

Edited by anothergol

well it makes sense that BL isn't gonna list an item that no one offers (besides, what's good if the part is listed in B&P if it's not buyable?). But let's be honnest, BL's catalog is much much more up-to-date than Lego's own. If has never been listed on BL, chances are that it doesn't exists.

But you can't even list the item if there's no entry for it, that's my point. And yes, one of the biggest issues with Bricks & Pieces is just that, they put up new sets but don't have the stock of new parts for long after the set release.

I do agree that BrickLink's catalog is vastly superior, offering so much in the way of old, extinct, retired parts and sets that LEGO will never offer. That's its biggest advantage.

But you can't even list the item if there's no entry for it, that's my point.

you sure? I thought new entries were added by sellers

In any case, I got most of the 2016 parts I wanted through BL, while none of them has appeared at B&P yet.

you sure? I thought new entries were added by sellers

In any case, I got most of the 2016 parts I wanted through BL, while none of them has appeared at B&P yet.

Well, I guess I'm not sure. I've never sold on BrickLink. But I noticed that some people had to make custom listings for certain items, so I assumed it was because no listing existed.

I also got what I needed through BrickLink for the same reason. I wish I could have just ordered the parts I wanted directly from LEGO.

'Scuse me for chopping up your quote like this; it makes it easier for me to follow on with some points.

Has anybody tried contacting Customer Service to find out why almost all the 2016 parts are completely missing?

[...]

It's not like they don't have them either, I had to request some missing 2016 parts that don't show up on their database back in February and TLG sent them out to me no problem. But I had to email them with element ID's and everything.

I'm assuming from the activity over at The New Elementary, that maybe TLG is dealing with LUGBULK orders as a priority? I dunno how those things work with all their secret handshakes and one trouser leg rolled up. It's a kick in the teeth to see piles of parts that us mere mortals can't yet buy directly. I might be cheeky enough to email Customer Service with a list of stuff as you did and see if they'll send me a quote. I believe that's how it was done in days of yore anyway.

My OCD is going absolutely bonkers that I can't even easily find out about new parts via Brickset or Rebrickable [...] And I know it's not just me who's unimpressed with the incomplete inventories either.

I'm also waiting to scrape the images for my offline inventory app, hah. Also, a weird thing I noticed: since B&P cuts off any single part's quantity at 200, there are a load of inventories (particularly those with hundreds of Technic pegs) which are wrong on Brickset.

Well, I guess I'm not sure. I've never sold on BrickLink. But I noticed that some people had to make custom listings for certain items, so I assumed it was because no listing existed.
Parts are being added by both seller and buyers. The reason custom listing was used for official, non modified pieces was the laziness of a person selling it. Simply adding that piece into catalogue would resolve the issue.

It's a kick in the teeth to see piles of parts that us mere mortals can't yet buy directly.

I was thinking the same seeing those filled bags at New Elementary. I'm trying to find the cheapest nexo knights bots to get those new cool pieces, and I see those bags that would represent a fortune for to buy :(

And if BL didn't exist, instead of 100's of euros per bag, that would represent 1000's in full sets.

I don't know what Lego is thinking. It's not like MOCers would buy the sets anyway - unless it's one filled with a specific part (like, Brick Bank filled with LBG bars). I'm not paying 400eur in sets to get 20 Nexo Knight bot bodies/shoulders, that is for sure. Especially when I find the theme ugly & have no use for neon orange & metallic parts.

But maybe there's another reason Lego isn't selling the parts? Who knows..

Edited by anothergol

I don't know what Lego is thinking. It's not like MOCers would buy the sets anyway - unless it's one filled with a specific part (like, Brick Bank filled with LBG bars). I'm not paying 400eur in sets to get 20 Nexo Knight bot bodies/shoulders, that is for sure. Especially when I find the theme ugly & have no use for neon orange & metallic parts.

But maybe there's another reason Lego isn't selling the parts? Who knows..

That's exactly how I feel about the select Nexo Knights parts I do like. I'm not about to buy a set to get them. That's a waste of money to me, since the rest of the parts would go unused.

Parts are being added by both seller and buyers. The reason custom listing was used for official, non modified pieces was the laziness of a person selling it. Simply adding that piece into catalogue would resolve the issue.

It is not necessarily laziness. It is not always that simple to add parts, even worse if someone else has started to do it and not completed it.

It is not necessarily laziness. It is not always that simple to add parts, even worse if someone else has started to do it and not completed it.
It is really easy. The most time consuming is getting pictures in correct size, but as you are making custom listing you have already made a picture, right? From my experience you can't have half ready entry. It might have essential details provided, but be missing something like picture and thus pending approval. Missing stuff can always be added by another person. If you have issues adding part into catalog - post about it on forums, this will be either resolved or explained.

Loadsa "new" parts just got added!

And of course, they're all out of stock. Well it's a start :1

Loadsa "new" parts just got added!

And of course, they're all out of stock. Well it's a start :1

Such as....

Such as these, apparently

(CLICK THE IMAGE UP BIG)

cool, where's that pic from? Did you make it?

Nexo knight robot parts are there as well. I hope Lego will want our money soon.

Edited by anothergol

I hope Lego will want our money soon.

Same here, but the problem is they want too much of it. They expect us to buy the whole set for the pieces we want. To me, that's just not economically sound. In the end, I don't spend at all.

So yeah, I really hope that LEGO will want the money I'm willing to part with.

I have sorted the color of legos, and for minifigures the headgear and head things, body and legs, and then accesories.lego-feat1.jpg

I'm assuming from the activity over at The New Elementary, that maybe TLG is dealing with LUGBULK orders as a priority? I dunno how those things work with all their secret handshakes and one trouser leg rolled up. It's a kick in the teeth to see piles of parts that us mere mortals can't yet buy directly.\

Huh? Did you read the text, it says TLG sent those parts to be reviewed. What does lug bulk have to do with it? My understanding is it takes quite a bit longer than that to get LUG bulk parts anyway.

I have sorted the color of legos, and for minifigures the headgear and head things, body and legs, and then accesories.

-snip-

Hi, I see you are new on this forum, welcome!

This thread is about the discussion of the service "Bricks & Pieces" on the Shop@Home site. :wink:

Do you know if Bricks and Pieces online purchases qualify for the free items? Example: If I spend $75 tomorrow will I receive the free set?

I just ordered some pieces on bricks and pieces and was so suprised that I got some VIP points. Is this new? Because previously when I ordered on BAP i diddn't get any. Does that mean that we can now get free polybags also?

On 5/22/2016 at 2:13 PM, Vorkosigan said:

Huh? Did you read the text, it says TLG sent those parts to be reviewed. What does lug bulk have to do with it? My understanding is it takes quite a bit longer than that to get LUG bulk parts anyway.

I'm not the Conspiracy Theorist but it seems to me that New parts are often 'delayed' simply to 'force' us to buy the whole new sets ... isn't this the case?

The other 'legitimate' reason is that most sets are built 'on-demand' i.e., they make several runs depending on how quickly some sets sell vs others. In such case, it makes more sense for TLG to save 'new parts' to put in whole sets as opposed to sell them. It only makes sense.

Yes, I too wanted new parts as soon as I saw them released in new sets, but never managed to get them, they're always NOT available.

It's like the DVD/BD version of a movie ... it's released a long time after the theater sales have 'dropped', simply to force audiences to pay top $$$ and go watch the movie in a theater.

Edited by DrJB

I hauled minifig parts (mostly) just a few minutes ago! :classic: There's a lot of pieces that have become available, where included in sets from the beginning of this year. I found parts from Nexo Knights, Elves, Assembly Square and Disney Castle, Minecraft, Ninjago, Ideas, and TLBM. That is also more or less the order of new parts now available from largest number of pieces to lowest. 

37 minutes ago, cebelicamya said:

I just ordered some pieces on bricks and pieces and was so suprised that I got some VIP points. Is this new? Because previously when I ordered on BAP i diddn't get any. Does that mean that we can now get free polybags also?

I don't think I got any. 

Just now, DrJB said:

I'm not the Conspiracy Theorist but it seems to me that New parts are often 'delayed' simply to 'force' us to buy the whole new sets ... isn't this the case?

Yes, I too wanted new parts as soon as I saw them released in new sets, but never managed to get them, they're always NOT available.

It's like the DVD/BD version of a movie ... it's released a long time after the theater sales have 'dropped', simply to force audiences to pay top $$$ and go watch the movie in a theater.

Well, sort of. At the beginning of this year, I didn't buy Nexo knights, Elves and Ninjago sets, because I knew that probably quite a number of the specific (minifig accessory) parts would become available through B&P after a few months*. If you can keep your patience for a few months, you don't need to spend money on entire sets with only that one specific part that you want. :wink:

*This doesn't seem to apply to themes with fleshie minifigs; whatever specific parts become available is pretty random.

On 24/04/2017 at 4:31 PM, DrJB said:

It's definitely the case for minifig series parts - at least Lego is even clear about these. They're not even delayed, they're exclusive. I wish we could still find paint roller parts in grey.

All the new parts are there for a few weeks now btw. A huge update it was. Very slow.. ordered the 7, they've just been sent today.

Edited by anothergol