I was looking forward to 1x6 and 1x3 bricks in sand green, but no such luck.

Most of the newer printed goodies aren't listed, like the sushi and chocolate tiles or the latest newspaper, and what the hell is up with those red apples? Why are red apples 3x the price of green apples? :sceptic:

It's back in Germany as well... maybe. I spend two hours picking out parts, then wanted to go to checkout, was redirected to the online store... everything gone. *huh*

Well, s@h and Chrome never quite work. So I went to my computer, fired up Windows, spend another hour in Edge, went to checkout... everything gone. :damn:

Will try again tomorrow with a smaller order as a test. The language I would normally use to describe this experience is not appropriate for this forum...

@TomKraut:

That just happened to me! :wall: But mine was a smallish order, and I tried again and it worked. That sucks, man!

Bricks and Pieces can be really great for minifigures sometimes. I got lots of average city torsos and one time there was a tusken raider head, torso, and legs in stock! (I wish I would have gotten it while I had the chance because the next day the legs were gone :sad:)

I'd really like to get a hold of a blue 32x32 baseplate from Bricks and Pieces. This is the only thing stopping me:

"We’re sorry, but this part isn’t available to buy through Bricks & Pieces because you’ll find it in our LEGO Shop assortment.

Click here to find the set this part's in."

They make it look like you can buy it from Bricks and Pieces only to find out that the one thing stopping you is that there's already a set with it... that's retired :sceptic: . Come on, LEGO, you can do better than that!

Edited by fatsomania

I had the checkout problem the last time so i took a screengrab of everything in the basket before confirming and rightly so, as it skipped to frontpage. The second time i just copied the design id's and quantities to speed up the process. Went through 2nd try after logout, close browser, login.

So glad this service is still available, I find it a very useful tool for buying larger quantities of rare pieces.

I was a bit worried when I tried to show it to a fellow AFOL a couple of days ago and it wasn't there.

I don't really understand why they don't just merge it with Pick-A-Brick though, having one site for all purchases would make a lot more sense.

I've just placed an order, it seems even more broken than it used to be :(

While I knew I'd lose my order as everyone (but still took screen captures), and made sure to first place a dummy order so that the second works, the second didn't work, and it got worse as I couldn't even remove anything from my shopping cart until I reopened my browser.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that Bricks&Pieces, even closed, wasn't at least browsable until now. Because there are parts I could have gotten in some past BrickLink orders that I didn't order enough because I thought I'd get them later in B&P. And it's not like I was hunting for licensed minifig parts here, I was expecting parts like these available..

22885.jpg

It's not like Lego has to protect THAT kind of piece that's designed to be widespread..

I had made a list of all the new interesting parts, looks like the shop offers ZERO of them :(

They reason they closed the site is due to higher demand for replacement parts because of the sales increase during december. I doubt they would have had the time to update inventories and decide what they could or could not make available.

We can only hope they start updating it during the coming weeks. This is not their core business so it will not be a priority...

But they did update the inventory, and they weren't magically busy until exactly february first. Pretty sure there's a marketing reason behind everything that's not available.

It's not like Lego has to protect THAT kind of piece that's designed to be widespread..

I had made a list of all the new interesting parts, looks like the shop offers ZERO of them :(

That snot brick was one I was hoping to get too, among other, but I think it's just a matter of time, I think these bricks will be added soon, it's not a matter of protection. Most of the interesting stuff from 2016 sets is missing.

Edited by Sven F

My order did eventually go through this morning. I think the trick was to log out of s@h before going to b&p.

Pretty sure there's a marketing reason behind everything that's not available.

Probably because they need these parts in sets, and know from experience they can never meet the demand for these separate pieces. Besides, their core business is selling sets to kids. They have every right to withhold certain pieces to force us to buy the set... And we will...

I don't really understand why they don't just merge it with Pick-A-Brick though, having one site for all purchases would make a lot more sense.

That would be most awesome - the bricks and pieces site is quite annoying to handle IMHO. You have to manually type the number of the element you want to purchase - some pieces which are 'sold out' become available when you call them. And of course you have to pay for the shipping whereas pab is free at 50 EUR and you get vip points. Some pieces are more expensive on pab and vice versa. But in the end its good to have bap around considering how limited pab is.

Btw it has never been so difficult to order a bap bag than today, I guess too many people ordered stuff after the winter break

Edited by Andrzej777

I find the pab interface much more confusing of the two, the categories are all named in a way to help laymen understand them, but that makes it harder to find pieces quickly if you are used to a more advanced system with element id's I assume most afols have a wanted list on bricklink which is easy to use as reference for finding pieces on b&p except you have to know both color name languages.

And of course you have to pay for the shipping whereas pab is free at 50 EUR and you get vip points. Some pieces are more expensive on pab and vice versa. But in the end its good to have bap around considering how limited pab is.

For me B&P is quite cheap, though. It's not even 2eur, which would be the shipping price from my own country, I wouldn't find cheaper on BrickLink.

In fact, PaB from my own country costs 5eur shipping, that makes no sense.

It's normally shipped from Denmark so I don't know how they do it. Well, I've BLed something in Finland the other day and it was under 2eur as well, but it had to be under 50g for that.

Edited by anothergol

I'd really like to get a hold of a blue 32x32 baseplate from Bricks and Pieces. This is the only thing stopping me:

"We’re sorry, but this part isn’t available to buy through Bricks & Pieces because you’ll find it in our LEGO Shop assortment.

Click here to find the set this part's in."

They make it look like you can buy it from Bricks and Pieces only to find out that the one thing stopping you is that there's already a set with it... that's retired :sceptic: . Come on, LEGO, you can do better than that!

I got some by calling Lego. Not available on website anywhere. They were £6 each plus £2 shipping

I've just placed an order, it seems even more broken than it used to be :(

While I knew I'd lose my order as everyone (but still took screen captures), and made sure to first place a dummy order so that the second works, the second didn't work, and it got worse as I couldn't even remove anything from my shopping cart until I reopened my browser.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that Bricks&Pieces, even closed, wasn't at least browsable until now. Because there are parts I could have gotten in some past BrickLink orders that I didn't order enough because I thought I'd get them later in B&P. And it's not like I was hunting for licensed minifig parts here, I was expecting parts like these available..

22885.jpg

As above, that is a new part. It will appear in due course. I imagine quite a few people are waiting on that one.

For me B&P is quite cheap, though. It's not even 2eur, which would be the shipping price from my own country, I wouldn't find cheaper on BrickLink.

In fact, PaB from my own country costs 5eur shipping, that makes no sense.

It's normally shipped from Denmark so I don't know how they do it. Well, I've BLed something in Finland the other day and it was under 2eur as well, but it had to be under 50g for that.

I agree! Its not that I find bricks and pieces terrible or that the shipping price was to high or something, I think its the normal thinking of a customer - when you get pab shipped for free (at a certain threshhold) AND VIP points, then you feel a little shortchanged when you have to pay for shipping and get no VIP points - other than that I like it very much and have placed lots of orders over the course of the year :). These are just minor complaints - it just could be even more awesome :)

Edited by Andrzej777

I agree! Its not that I find bricks and pieces terrible or that the shipping price was to high or something, I think its the normal thinking of a customer - when you get pab shipped for free (at a certain threshhold) AND VIP points, then you feel a little shortchanged when you have to pay for shipping and get no VIP points - other than that I like it very much and have placed lots of orders over the course of the year :). These are just minor complaints - it just could be even more awesome :)

You can get shipping for (almost) free, just like with PAB. If you order £50 in BAP, then add a 6p brick via PAB, the shipping is free. You will obviously have to meet the threshold for your country.

You can get shipping for (almost) free, just like with PAB. If you order £50 in BAP, then add a 6p brick via PAB, the shipping is free. You will obviously have to meet the threshold for your country.

You're kidding!!!!!!!!

That would be awesome - have to try it out right tomorrow...

Hey guys!

I just ordered on bricks and pieces, does anyone know if you also get robins mini fortrex or do I have to buy a set in order to get this free polybag?? my order was over 30 euros. ikow i dont get any vip points, but how about their free polybags giveaways??