IGRION

REVIEW 75137 LEGO CARBON FREEZING CHAMBER

Definitely not buying this set. Not even the Ugnaught is worth it. Plus if we ever do get a UCS Cloud City, Ugnaughts will be included in that.

I bought this set a day before christmas because it was 20% off, so I got it for around EUR 24,-, which is an OK price, I guess.

Having built it yesterday, I have mixed feelings about it. This is such an iconic place from TESB! But I think the set is a little letdown, actually. I think it's just WAY too small. The minifigs are awesome and I appreciate them - it's my first flesh Han Solo and I also like the updated carbonite block (I still have the one from set 4476, like 15 years ago!). But to truly represent this awesome place, the set simply feels way too small. I see the reason for basically cutting the platform in half, playability and such. But I think the whole mechanism as to how the "freezing" works is just too off. I would prefer the Han Solo minifig to be lowered into the bottom of the set and then being replaced with the carbonite block instead of the rotation thing. Also, the folding staircase makes little sense.

All in all, I do appreciate the set because of the minifigs and the general theme. Also, the ugnaught is funny. But I think overall, the set lacks some serious scale and completeness. When I finished building it, I had the immediate desire to widely expand on it in order to better represent one of my most favorite scenes from the movies. But then again, the design is kinda too special for me to just add to it, because I lack most of the necessary parts.

I will buy this set even though it is disappointing to get only a small Cloud City set after such a long wait. At least we can cross one minifigure of the list with the Ugnaught, and we can always hope that the existence of that Ugnaught mould will increase the chances of a bigger Cloud City set in the future.

Is it expecting too much to wish for something a little more like this by Markus1984:

I would happily pay $350 USD for a UCS carbon freezing chamber that looked remotely like the one from Markus : ) It's such an iconic scene deserving of this level of love from TLG.

Can't wait to pick this one up! I only collect the environment/playset sets now do I'm excited to grab this one! Plus I can afford it! College is taking a toll on my wallet lol :p

Edited by coolguy2323

Picked this up today, but I think I'll be breaking it down and using the parts to MOC something in a similar style as it feels a bit unfinished to be honest. Ugnaught is rocking though!

The ugnaught looks great but the lack of Willrow Hood really is unforgivable

A complete farce that he's not included! He would be the ultimate SDCC exclusive minifig, though (you hear me Lego?!?)

Given the current UK prices of TFA sets, Ill get one for the figs and nice parts, probably have to try to mod it into a complete chamber through....

I wouldn't be surprised if a second set came out to address the issues raised here. Much like the rancor/palace sets previously. If

TLG haven't planned this they might want to consider it.

This is a nice (stand alone) play set if you look at it from the perspective of Legos target audience. It has a villain, a hero, a standby and some action features. I have to admit, if I were a child, I would enjoy this set.

As an AFOL, however, I appreciate it for its Simplicity and appeal as a play set, (display set)

one version we got of him in 2015[/url] had a clone head as well. ]
Boba Fett is a clone why would he not have a clone head? Edited by PLP

Not as much fun as I thought but I got it 25% off so the parts are worth it. The set are OK and won't fall apart easy if you have little kids to play with it. But overall it could use some work. If I were to guess, I think LEGO was forced to make this a little dumbed down just to have a set in the $20-$30 range.

Nice number of trans-orange parts and it is fairly recognizable as something from SW:ESB. But I wouldn't get this set unless they were under $20 and mostly for parts.

So no one else thinks this is the cheapest way to get a bobba fet?

Oh yeah, it's that too! Especially for those of us who don't have the UCS Slave I and don't want to shell out the big bucks for the UCS fig on Bricklink.

Only bought this set for the minifigs as I sold my collection a few years ago. The set is meh, a weird freezing mechanism... Would rather of paid £40-£80 for a complete chamber! I think TLG should of made a UCS Cloud City instead of that stupid Hoth Playset.

Bought this set yesterday, it's a great set!

Initially I just bought because I wanted a good Bobba Fett figure without having to pay $200+ for the UCS. But, I was really surprised about the quality of the build The part count is low, but it builds up into a fairly large structure. I'm not a fan of the Ugnaut mini fig that everyone seems to be gushing on and I don't like how Han Solo's mouth pokes out from under the hair piece.

Overall 7.5/10.