A free-build for the Guilds of Historica and a continuation of the story of Adira Magdeburg. Please check here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117558#entry2390759 and the builds before it for backstory. Long live Kaliphlin and the High Council!

This is primarily a story post, so please read it! :)

23059325443_d444a660d9_c.jpg

She was going to do it. She was actually going to do it.

Adira's mind was running in circles, a fact she was barely conscious of. Her hands were shaking and she clenched the handle of her blade until her knuckles were white. Her eyes, red with lack of sleep, stared through the shadows of the tree she was hiding behind at the road. The idea that he would travel by any other road was unthinkable, and every moving shadow, every hare that made it's way across the road was him.

Adira shook her head, furious with herself. What are you, some lover waiting for their sweet-heart on a deserted road? The idea amused her and she smiled. Absently her right hand closed around the end of a rope that hung down the trunk of the tree she stood behind. This is what she would do it with. This is what she would take his life from him with.

23577829712_287b11ab36_c.jpg

A flash of gold caught her eye on the road. For a moment she stared at it, then hid behind the tree trunk, pulling her cloak tighter around her. It was him, she would know his features anywhere. Her hand reached for the rope, her fingers slowly folding around it. She listened as his footsteps drew closer, thudding softly along the road. One... two... three!

The rope fell, and and a muffled cry came from the other side of the tree. Not wasting a moment, Adira pulled on the rope again and the old tree groaned under the new weight.

23318434059_65c62c2501_b.jpg

Adira stepped out from behind the tree, shivers running up her spine. It was Sirhan, now dangling helplessly from a tree, Adira's rope pinioning his arms to his side. He saw her, and fear flooded his countenance. Oh, sweet revenge! A cruel smile curved my lips and I drew my blade. His eyes widened, then shut.

“Your guilt has made you weak, Sirhan.” Adira walked up to where the masked man hung, smiling broadly. Drawing his sword, she tossed it into the underbrush nearby. She was no longer smiling when she turned back to him. “A certain friend of mine is asking for your head, though he is not quite able to receive it. You remember Udgr, don't you?”

His eyes remained tightly closed. “Just get it over with, demon women! If you must kill me while I am bound at least have the decency of doing it quickly!”

Adira raised her blade a placed the point on Sirhan's neck. His mouth twitched, and his breath came quickly.

23059332763_961dc87b41_c.jpg

Twang!

Sirhan fell to the ground, too surprised to break his fall. After a few seconds he scrambled to his feet, stepping out of the lasso. His eyes slowly rose and stared into Adira's, incredulous. Hers were cold, and the blade pointed at his throat froze him to the spot.

“Tell your little King that the will to ressist him has not left Kaliphlin, and that in whatever he does he will have an enemy in Adira Magdeburg.” Adira gestured with her sword toward the road behind him. “Run, Sirhan, and don't look back.”

He didn't need to be told twice. Sirhan backed up two paces then turned and bolted down the road as fast as his shiny armor, now plastered with the mud of the road, would allow. Adira watched him, a smug smile on her face. This was definitely the more satisfying option. Let him forever tremble in fear of her, just as the Desert King must be made to tremble before his foes, for they were many.

To be continued...

23059328953_6520f6645b_b.jpg

The build. This is, again, an old one (The last of the very old ones, I'll be reverting to my more recent ABS Challenge builds soon). With this build I experimented with my tree-making skills and adding dark blue to a landscape. It's a vig., really, but I liked it.

:classic:

And yes, I am reading Crime and Punishment. Amazing book.

Thoughts and critiques are always welcomed!

Soli Deo Gloria & Sola Gracia!

Love the title, and nice story!

Thanks, Andrew!

Nice story!

Glad you like it, Captain!

Lovely story, and nice build too!

Thank you very much, Titus!

Nice build, and great story!

Thanks, Vlad!

Great story! I can't wait for the next installment!! :sweet:

Thank you! I'll try not to keep you waiting long. :wink:

Nicely done!

Thanks, Graham!

Excellent landscape, the SNOT base matches the wedge plates nicely :thumbup: Interesting story continuation as well, I'm glad Adira didn't kill Sirhan.

Excellent landscape, the SNOT base matches the wedge plates nicely :thumbup: Interesting story continuation as well, I'm glad Adira didn't kill Sirhan.

Thank you, Isaac! Yes, I was attempting a slightly less cliche form of revenge. :classic:

Nice story, Adira is developing into a well rounded character. My only sore point is the blue landscape touches. I usually support your landscape choices but thos one is a bit weird to me. Other than good job.

Nice story, Adira is developing into a well rounded character. My only sore point is the blue landscape touches. I usually support your landscape choices but thos one is a bit weird to me. Other than good job.

Thank you very much! This is quite encouraging!

And yes, looking back, I'm not sure the dark blue goes well with the dark green... so thanks. :classic:

Great story and a lovely moc!:)

Thanks, de Gothia!

Very interesting continuation to your story! The build is great too, those mushrooms were a good touch :thumbup:

Very glad you like it! I'm hoping the next installment will be even more so. :wink:

Nice litte build, I like the base quite a lot :classic:

Looking forward to reading more of the story!

Nice litte build, I like the base quite a lot :classic:

Looking forward to reading more of the story!

Thank you! The next installment is our crossover, and I'll try to post it before the year is out. :wink: