Hmm, i own 1 rechargeable bb and it is a good bb - but it is also very expensive - alltogether ~ 100€ (incl. charging unit)...

and i disagree: the standard bb is often better removeable/accessable then the studded rechargeable one...

anyway, slightly offtopic here ;)

Reasons for using rechargeable battery in the chassis had to do with the available space. Of course, the AAA-box can be used (which are used in the instructions). Reason for using the normal AA-box on top had to do with cost. It's not needed for counterwheight, a rechargeable bbox can be used there as well.

I am collecting parts for this now. I hope to have it finished by the new year. I'll post my impressions when it is ready.

One feature think I've never seen in Lego telehandler models is an automatically levelling pallet fork (always keeping its angle as the boom rises). Does this model have such feature? (BTW I'm developing a telehandler for years now. Pretty much the only working feature it has yet is the automatic levelling...)

Actually, several of the Universal Set forklifts have had this feature:

8064-4isosmall.jpg

8082-4isosmall.jpg

and even the little 8045 mini telehandler

8045isosmall.jpg

These sets all keep the forks parallel to the ground, but cannot actually tilt the forks. The models with tiltable forks do not keep them parallel. It is certainly possible mechanically though. Some of the loaders manage to do this with the buckets, as does Sheo's front shovel.

Sorry, I meant telehandlers with telescopic boom.

It's quite simple mechanically, but I think it's an important play feature.

I finished building this model last weekend and it is quite beautiful and functional. The instructions were excellent as always. I had fun driving it around my house and annoying my dog, but I had to stop when he started eating it. The functions all work wonderfully. The only thing I would consider changing is the location of the mini linear actuators used for the outriggers. Because they attach to the outrigger off to the side instead of in the middle, they bend tremendously under the weight of the model once it is lifted in the air. However, moving them to the middle would be no easy task.

Are there sbricks profiles available for this MOC? I'm currently building a black-yellow version and I expect to complete the build by the end of next week, to allow another bricklink order to arrive :).

Thanks.

Does anyone have an estimate about the buildingcosts of this machine, if you need all PF parts and about 80% off other parts???

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Go to this models rebrickable page > export to bricklink wanted list, remove what you already have available to you, and start ordering the pieces. That's how I always do it.

That I know, but I only ask far an estimate, not an exact number. And doing that via Bricklink takes a lot of time. But I only want to know if it is going to take 5,6,7,8,900 euros to build.

On 11/20/2016 at 10:07 PM, emielroumen said:

Are there sbricks profiles available for this MOC? I'm currently building a black-yellow version and I expect to complete the build by the end of next week, to allow another bricklink order to arrive :).

Thanks.

Status update end of November.
I made some minor changes to Jurgen's original creation:

• 2 M motors in the upper carriage for the boom extension and fork adjustment,
  • large battery box in the carriage,
  • added a small indicator (2 thin red lift arms in the picture below) to indicate the steering mode (picture shows PF switch in center position),
  • instead of 4 IR receivers I'm using 2 sbricks.

Most of the changes are because I would like to keep Kevin Moo's Forklift MKII and D3K's Swingloader MK2 intact. These both use the small battery boxes (of which I have only 2) and additional L motors.

status-november-small.jpg

Click here for a larger version.

Edited by emielroumen
Added hyperlink to larger version