Sign in to follow this  
Pimbo

[MOC] Tribute to the Black Falcon's Fortress

Currently still on my wishlist, the 1986 Black Falcon's Fortress is one of those sets that was re-released for a reason: it's simple but epic. Therefore, I built a small castle for these cool and mysterious guys that surely would make them feel right at home.

dscf4637_.jpg

Overview shot of the fortress, located on a small peninsula.

dscf4605_.jpg

Two guards stand.. well.. guard, at the main gate as a patrol party returns to the castle. For one of the guards, this means relief from his duty and off to dinner!

dscf4602_.jpg

The courtyard has stables for some horses and a walkway along the battlements accesible via a door in the keep.

dscf4650_.jpg

There's also a trap door with a staircase underneath...

dscf4620_.jpg

..that leads to a hidden door at the rear of the castle where one could moor a small boat.

dscf4617_.jpg

The rear of the castle with de hidden door clearly visible (heh :sceptic: )

dscf4615_.jpg

The keep opens up, as a play feature..

dscf4627_.jpg

..as does the roof of the armory

dscf4629_.jpg

I'm really happy with the composition of the castle, it's really compact and I find it visually pleasing.

More pictures in the Brickshelf folder here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=541898

On behalf of the Black Falcons, thanks for viewing, and don't tell anyone about the hidden passageway!

Epic and nostalgic are the most suitable words for the MOC. I've been collecting LEGO sets for more than 25 years now and I really mean those compliments. Keep on building!

This is excellent! I love the play features and the little fireplace is great. The Black Falcons would be proud. Keep up the great work!