Hello fellow builders.

I'd like to introduce my new creation. This time I decided to make a light-weight motorcycle - Café racer.

So I have recently bought Moto Cross Bike (42007) with the idea of putting it on my shelf, because I really think it‘s a great set, but then I have decided to modify it. I was inspired to do the cafe racer look, since it‘s my favorite style.

This one is loosely based on a BMW motorcycle. I wanted to create a boxer engine that BMW bikes are known for.

The Engine came out a bit different than what i originally intended because I wanted to give the cylinders a more complex look, but I could not manage to do it, maybe because of the lack of pieces.

This cafe racer may not be as detailed as my previous models. There aren‘t many details on the engine this time, the gearbox takes a good part of the engine space but in the end it turned out pretty well, having a clean and simple outlook of the classic motorcycle era.

Inspiration: BMW R75/5 DS

Features including front and rear suspension, Two speed gearbox (with neutral first and second), cardan shaft, working steering, a V-2 aircooled BMW boxer engine with moving pistons, and a kickstand as well as other smaller details: a big fuel tank, exhaust,a seat, headlight. The handle bars have a quite interesting looking grips, I also added a side mounted license plate.

14499205701_SPLASH.jpg

1449920568m_SPLASH.jpg

14499206766_SPLASH.jpg14499205713_SPLASH.jpg14499206721_SPLASH.jpg14499206732_SPLASH.jpg14499206743_SPLASH.jpg14499206754_SPLASH.jpg14499206755_SPLASH.jpg

Thanks for taking your time, please tell me what do you think about it :sweet:.

This is the first time I see a motorcycle with a gearbox, which is awesome! Can you tell me what the handlebar pieces are? I dont know those bricks..

Edited by Zblj

This is the first time I see a motorcycle with a gearbox, which is awesome! Can you tell me what the handlebar pieces are? I dont know those bricks..

Sure, the Item No:18587, which is fairly a new piece :)

That piece looks shaped just like the hub pieces... Does a CV joint fit in the split? Sorry for offtopic, just curious :wink:

Good looking motorcycle, congratulations. I think it looks like a scrambler more than cafe racer due to knobs of tires. Maybe hybrid? :wink: Good rear axle setup by the way.

Off-topic: I think LEGO engine pieces look small at this scale motorcycle mocs.

Edited by nikolyakov

Can you tell me what the handlebar pieces are? I dont know those bricks..

You can find that part in the ferriswheel :wink:

That piece looks shaped just like the hub pieces... Does a CV joint fit in the split? Sorry for offtopic, just curious :wink:

It has some similarities indeed, speaking about the cv joint, it fits perfectly :)

Thanks guys for all your kind words :) :thumbup:

Very nice bike, another BMW on the forum.

New handlebars pieces looks interesting

Cool thing - Love the gesrbox idea

Great build...and do agree with the above! :thumbup::classic: Well let me try too to combine this CV joint with part #18587... :thumbup:

Good looking motorcycle, congratulations. I think it looks like a scrambler more than cafe racer due to knobs of tires. Maybe hybrid? :wink: Good rear axle setup by the way.

Off-topic: I think LEGO engine pieces look small at this scale motorcycle mocs.