Outworlder

(MOC) Allegiance-class Heavy Star Destroyer (EU-Dark Empire)

Allegiance-class Heavy Star Destroyer from the EU Dark Empire comics.

Kind of like a star destroyer on steroids... the Allegiance-class is basically a bigger, badder version of the Imperial-class ships seen in the original trilogy.

It has no hangers but makes up for it with an ton of firepower. A star destroyer custom built for large ship-to-ship combat. It has no deployable ground forces, support ships, or tie fighter compliments... just a lot of guns.

23055581564_0892314670_z.jpgallegiance by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23601182931_60ce040fa0_z.jpgAllegiance 1.1 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23601172651_4a28d2bc9e_z.jpgAllegiance 4 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23601178391_b038f4f1b5_z.jpgAllegiance 2 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23601173701_4e33ea987c_z.jpgAllegiance 3 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23575076572_b160c8d934_z.jpgAllegiance 7 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23575181792_e0f83ab629_z.jpgthe_allegiance_destroyer_by_gutworm-d5tgvnu by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23683636115_16fd9d75ce_z.jpgAllegiance 5 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23056586013_20bdff68a5_z.jpgAllegiance 6 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

23315680319_ca733592fc_z.jpgAllegiance 8 by outworlderohlendorf21, on Flickr

Edited by Outworlder

Awesome! I love the Dark Empire comics! A lot of untapped potential there when it comes to Lego MOCs. Anyone can make an Imperial class, or SSD, but not everyone can make a left-of-center SD like you've done here! This reminds me of the Pellaeon-class that was posted back in 2013 (also very awesome). You've certainly captured the Allegiance class, and more importantly you've captured the feel of the Dark Empire comics. What is the look of the Dark Empire comics? Slightly blocky, pretty severe, and with 100% more greeblez. I think you've inspired me to re-read Dark Empire and MOC something up from there! Absolutely terrific! :wub:

Also, wonderful Eclipse! Have you ever posted that here?

Edited by Junior Shark

A little bit on a bulky side but otherwise it's fantastic. I like that jerac-like edges and whole build seems great. Well done!

Oh wow! I feel like such an idiot! After perusing your Flickr, I discovered that you are also the one responsible for that Pellaeon-class I linked to in my first post! :blush: Am I embarrassed? Very. However, that only makes me respect you even more! Since I'm posting again, I'd like to point out your awesome use of smooth tiles and 1x1 plates w/clips on the edges.

A little bit on a bulky side but otherwise it's fantastic.

The bulkiness is the charm of it, though!

Some really effective techniques here! The brick-built fuselage in place of the classic plate approach looks great. And the detail around the engines is perhaps my favorite feature - looks fantastic!

Great work.

Meticulously designed and great detail on this! I love how the smooth top surfaces and the greebly back and engines are so contrasting in appearance :classic:

I agree with the star destroyer on steroids statement. Interestingly, when looking at it from the side, the ship looks like it has had growth in strange areas, making it look squashed :wink:

Can you provide any dimensions on this, and how heavy it is?

The whole design is amazing, but what keeps my attention the most is the fact that the ship doesn't collapse on itself despite the size of the upper part. Great job !

It looks pretty neat, the engine detail is beautiful especially. The upper deck looks too clean though, It kind of clashes with the rest of the ship. Accuracy wise it's a bit disappointing though compared to your other works. It looks like a chibi version of the source material, short and stubby.

Excellent work. It looks good next to the Eclipse, even if they're not intended to be exactly to scale. As a Star Destroyer enthusiast, I hope you continue to churn out Imperial capital ships.

Really cool! I love how stubby it is--super cute, but incredibly deadly at the same time. Great job!

One of the most impressive surfaces of all time.... it doesnt even look like Lego :oh:

And the grebling around the engines is top notch!!

The MOC itself looks impressive! The ship itself looks kinda short for a Star Destroyer, but I don't think anyone can deny that the MOC is awesome and impressive.

Dang. At first glance I thought that was another picture of a canon model. Very smooth, very accurate, I really enjoy those main cannons and the engine area, with the cannon fitting in with the smooth aesthetic on top, and the engine area creating an area of controlled greebling.