c0rnedfr0g

Non-Purist Superhero Figures

Any ideas for good acurate bruce wayne and clark kent head for the new Batman V Superman movie

Also anyone have any custom figures for Civil War?

@krikkit: There aren't dual molded black/white legs on Julia, right? Silk, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider!

Is it a custom from somewhere?

@krikkit: There aren't dual molded black/white legs on Julia, right? Silk, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider!

Is it a custom from somewhere?

Yeah she is custom.

MOCed Deadpool. Minifig and katana brace are LEGO. Hood, katana, belt/holsters and pistols are third party. Torso design is MOC.

Not sure whether or not to keep the torso markings or to have it plain. What do you think? Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the plain version.

deadpool.jpg

You can post here Super Heroes figures made using decals.

If you want to showcase your own decal designs, instead, feel free to open your own topic, and get feedback on them.

MOCed Deadpool. Minifig and katana brace are LEGO. Hood, katana, belt/holsters and pistols are third party. Torso design is MOC.

I love the white eyes behind the mask! Really captures the expressiveness they had in the movie.

Cool! Your selective removal of the neck-line and arm-hole print is very clever. :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm pleased with how it turned out. Soon I will have to take a group shot of my entire Super Friends / JLA !!

Non-Purist The Question

thequestion.jpg

For the torso, I erased 1 button / button hole to make it appear more like a trench coat and less like a suit jacket. The legs also had some erasing done to match the torso. Finally, the entire face was removed from this head except for the cheekbones.

973pb1089c01.jpg970c00pb457.jpg3626cpb1191.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Non-Purist The Question

For the torso, I erased 1 button / button hole to make it appear more like a trench coat and less like a suit jacket. The legs also had some erasing done to match the torso. Finally, the entire face was removed from this head except for the cheekbones.

Thanks for looking!

Those cheekbones don't match that head, do they? Am I just hallucinating?

I think, since it's a double sided head, it's posed so the erased face areas look sideways. This way, you look at the 'ears' area of a normal head, and the cheekbones appear inverted.

I think, since it's a double sided head, it's posed so the erased face areas look sideways. This way, you look at the 'ears' area of a normal head, and the cheekbones appear inverted.

A-ha! Thanks! Indeed, you both are correct. Once I had removed both faces, I must've inadvertently rotated the head 90°. I agree in that it did feel like something was off, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Though, it does seem somewhat fitting that The Question minifig would have an air of mystery about him :laugh:

Edited by c0rnedfr0g

You erased it with a pencil eraser?

Yes. And I used bits of scotch tape to protect the areas of printing that I wanted to remain intact.

Yes. And I used bits of scotch tape to protect the areas of printing that I wanted to remain intact.

I never used pencil eraser, because i heard it gives the plastic a matte shine. But i guess it works quitte well. Thanks.