Sparvhjerta

Winter village: Train station/platform

Here is my entry to this years winter village contest. This is my first post here and also my first moc since coming out of a 20 year long dark age, anyways here goes:

23051822904_58f5d37fc0_b.jpgIMG_8326 by Olle Östlund, on Flickr

This is my winter village train station. its a small stone cottage like building. With a little platform. I imagine this being the end station and its not a very busy station. There is a small cafe inside were you can enjoy a cup of warm apple cider hot chocolate and take a seat in the rugged but comfy armchair. There is an old lady working in the cafe, and a cat living in the station house. As i wrote this is not a very busy station but there are some mail and boxes being delivered as well as man coming home after a business trip, with presents to his wife and son who is there to meet him.

The set comes with six minifigs. The family with husband and wife and their little boy. The old lady working in the cafeteria. A handyman taking care of the snow shovelling and the deliveries of goods and lastly the station manager.

23052901673_49168ece97_b.jpgIMG_8327 by Olle Östlund, on Flickr

deliveries.

23052948793_9843c93844_c.jpgIMG_8304 by Olle Östlund, on Flickr

a happy reunion.

23053017873_a86b1f2304_b.jpgIMG_8338 by Olle Östlund, on Flickr

serving cookies and hot chocolate, as well as selling tickets and newspapers.

23773604125_8274218b48_c.jpgIMG_0136 by Olle Östlund, on Flickr

the fireplace. Enjoying a warm cup, waiting for the train.

Edited by Sparvhjerta

Very nice. Looks like it should fit right into the Winter Village. The only thing is... I would rather have a nice warm hot chocolate instead of cider ;) ;)

Andy D

I would rather have a nice warm hot chocolate instead of cider ;) ;)

Andy D

haha me to, i don't know were i got the cider idea from... I've never had it warm, don't know if its even a thing... i was totally blanking out on what to serve! hot chocolate it is! :)

This is really nice! Looks like it would fit in perfectly with the official Winter Village sets.

Your build is quite great. And the details are well done.

However i really miss a train to go along with it. You know, being a winter willage contest, comparing it to usual LEGO sets, i would be quite dissapointed buying a train station and having no train for it.

Dont get me wrong, its not in any way that im hating or something. Just my first thought.

Lovely work with the station however ! :thumbup:

No worries, but to my mind I don't think Lego ever released a train station with a train as well. Also the rules says it's supposed to be as big as the sets out there. Adding a train would up the piece count quite a lot.

No worries, but to my mind I don't think Lego ever released a train station with a train as well. Also the rules says it's supposed to be as big as the sets out there. Adding a train would up the piece count quite a lot.

True that :classic: ..... Its lovely nevertheless ! :wink:

Love this set!

All fits perfectly into the Lego Winter Village, except for the roof. In my opinion is missing something. Maybe add some windows in it like the Bakkery? Or let the chimney go thru the roof instead. Then this set could be a winner!

And why not lit the fireplace? It is cold outside! ;)

I agree that the roof need some love, it look a bit plain. If I find the time, got two kids still in diapers at home, I will try to spruce it up a bit. Also thanks for all the feedback!

Now, this is very wintervillage-ey, I like it a lot.

Great detail for a 10x24 (well, 24+5) base.

I especially like the busy platform, with all its details.

I was going to mention the nice but sort of plainish roof, but others (including you :classic: ) already mentioned it.

Maybe a dormer of some kind would look nice?

Keep clicking those bricks together!