Sign in to follow this  
Sir Brickalot

Left or Right?

64 members have voted

1. 1. Left or Right?

• Left
    • Right

This is a very random, weird topic, but are you right or left-handed? :laugh:

I'm left, and I have the utmost respect to fellow lefties because of the struggles that come with being left-handed! It's horrible.

So what are you?

Right handed. I've tried to teach my left hand to write many years ago...it looks like a toddler wrote it, but it's legible. So, I'm sort of ambidextrous...although, not really. :tongue:

Right handed. I've tried to teach my left hand to write many years ago...it looks like a toddler wrote it, but it's legible. So, I'm sort of ambidextrous...although, not really. :tongue:

hehe, even if I write with my right hand, it looks like a toddler wrote it. Left is even worse :grin:

I wish I was ambidextrous... But I am very very very much right handed.

P.S. When I first saw the topic title I thought this was going to be about politics and I was a tad bit worried... Lets keep to the hand discussion then!

I thought it was about which way you 'dressed'... but seeing as it's not... I'm right handed. ;)

100% right handed. Makes life very easy looking at the comments from above.

Right handed. I think I once heard somewhere that many people are right-handed because in old-timey days it was considered the "proper" hand to use. Sounds just crazy enough to be true. Any ideas?

Edited by Junior Shark

Right handed. I think I once heard somewhere that many people are right-handed because in old-timey days it was considered the "proper" hand to use. Sounds just crazy enough to be true. Any ideas?

Well, my grandmother was left-handed and her school teachers used to tie her left hand behind her back and make her write with her right hand! Very cruel.

I'm a righty, but I play hockey left-handed.

I bet video games are harder to play if you're a lefty. Seems to me that left-handed controllers are hard to find.

I'm right handed. And yeah right handedness has been 'favoured' for ages. Knights were all meant to fight with their right hand (as far as I'm aware).

Edited by Mutant Orc

Thought this would be a thread about politics and figured I should slip in before the lock (right handed by the way).

I started writing on the left and then was schooled that right is right. I find some things I do better left handed and other things better right handed.

I find some things I do better left handed and other things better right handed.

erm....

I'm primarily right-handed and do most things with my right hand, but some things I find easier or better to do with my left hand.

I guess I'm kinda both, but primarily right.

Once on Discovery channel, there were discussing about why some people are left handed while the majority are right handed.

They explained a very weird scientific theory. It goes like this:

Most of left-handed people started out as twins while in utero. The theory is that in a set of twins, one is usually right-handed and the other left-handed. But on an early stage of pregnancy, the right handed twin died and the other twin absorbed the dead fetus. That happens if the mother is not healthy enough to carry 2 babies, so her body kills one of the babies to guarantee the other one will survive. The mother's body bets for the healthier twin and kills the other one.

So, some of you probably killed and ate your own twin :oh:

I saw this years ago but I never forgot about it, because my little brother is left handed *oh2*

(I'm a right handed :purrr: )

Edited by Robert8

I'm ambidextrous, I work as a welder, and was origonally right handed, but due to my line of work i had to learn to weld just as well left handed as i could right handed, as the dexterity with my left hand increased through my work, I've slowly started to do more and more things left handed, to the point that I now do most things just as well left handed as right, and many things better leftie, such as using a hammer or cordless drill.

Once on Discovery channel, there were discussing about why some people are left handed while the majority are right handed.

They explained a very weird scientific theory. It goes like this:

Most of left-handed people started out as twins while in utero. The theory is that in a set of twins, one is usually right-handed and the other left-handed. But on an early stage of pregnancy, the right handed twin died and the other twin absorbed the dead fetus. That happens if the mother is not healthy enough to carry 2 babies, so her body kills one of the babies to guarantee the other one will survive. The mother's body bets for the healthier twin and kills the other one.

So, some of you probably killed and ate your own twin :oh:

I saw this years ago but I never forgot about it, because my little brother is left handed *oh2*

(I'm a right handed :purrr: )

That's uhh...... a very enlightening story ya got there, Robert. :laugh:

I'm right handed, but for some reason I'm left footed. :wacko:

I've been trying to teach myself how to throw a baseball left handed, but I can only get to around forty feet (By contrast, it goes about 220 feet from my right hand). I'm still working on it. :blush:

I an right-handed. But my brother is left-handed.

On another note, at the place I work they had us do an exercise to write with our non-dominant hand. It was to show with some practice you would get better at something.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Very right handed, so I am envious of those of you who are ambidextrous. While I have no doubt that there is a genetic basis for right/left handedness and that people are born with it, I don't buy that lefties consumed their twin :tongue: .

My left hand is mainly used for removing lids off of jars, and for shooting rifles (because I'm left eye dominant). In highschool I would paint sculptures with a paintbrush in each hand, while talking to my art teacher. He thought I was crazy.

I'm left handed! My right hand is useless for writing, but, gets by for most everything else.

Lefty's are al"right"!'

Jamie

It's very true that in the past being left-handed was considered unfavourably, and the word "left" means weak. In some language the word means evil. Even my parents tried making me right-handed as a child. Also in many cultures to this day, your left hand is reserved for sanitary purposes - you'd better use your right hand for everything else!

I use my left hand, but my right arm & right foot. It's annoying when items are contoured for the other hand!

I struggle when cutting my left fingernails with my right hand (of course it's easier than cutting them with your left hand). I can't throw or kick properly with my left. I can write okay with my right hand or upside-down with my left, but sideways is not good. I always consider myself a lefty, except in regard to sport or those nut cases who play guitar the wrong way around. It's always a "wow!" moment when I see someone write with their left.

Write and draw right-handed.

Shoot and play baseball left-handed.

Can switch between either and only suck moderately at billiards.

Have a nasty habit where sometimes my free hand will try to mimic the actions of my in-use hand. This primarily happens when I'm trying to use a lighter or dial a cell phone.