23654710185_74ca1f8baf_c.jpg

Hi everyone, today here I am to show you my version of the Batpod. When 5004590 was released, everyone was thrilled and tried to replicate one on their own with their parts. However, 5004590 looks just strange when you compare it to the real one. I bought the book The Dark Knight Manual to understand the design more, and research on the Internet for a month, and finally I built a version that I think is closer to the real Batpod.

The original Batpod is an escape pod from Batman's Tumbler, and the mechanism is based on the S-shaped axis. Each of the two wheels are connected to the body by one-sided arm only. 5004590 set does not do this while mine follows that design.

23628638556_87383dc4b7_b.jpg

23654709145_436d2404a6_c.jpg

The shape of the Batpod is also in a reverse V-shaped manner, without any horizontal element. The LEGO set did not do that at all, and my version tries to follow that original profile, with rear part elongated as well to match the proportion.

23286762339_59146f7f97_c.jpg

Front view, which shows the asymmetrical design of the wheel axis.

23027647693_4844fffa2d_c.jpg

The front view has mounted 3 pairs of weapons, with headlights on the sides too.

23654709895_21cff6d30a_c.jpg

Middle part, which retains some of the details of the original 5004590 set.

23026540844_2c31989d96_c.jpg

I like this part the most, which keeps the original design of the Batpod: mudguard between the two pedals. I tried to add some wiring to mimic the original, but it looks too busy and so I ditch it in the end.

The whole exercise was started as an MOD, but with my design goals to rebuild the form in the most realistic way, I redid the entire chassis in the end. Looks like an MOC at last! Anyway, there is one technical issue that prevents the front wheel guns from holding permanently, but as a display model, this is perfect already. Thanks for watching!

Wow! Looks like you really did your Bat(home)work! That looks really sleek and true to the original movie look. I like it a lot! Must have been a real pain to get that thing sturdy and not bulky at the same time. Again: awesome work!

This is a smart and systematically mod. I like also the area of the front wheel. Titan coloured parts is all we need now :). Thanks for sharing.

Edited by took9

get that thing sturdy and not bulky at the same time. Again: awesome work!59.gif

Edited by weamonwe

This is excellent, I'm hoping to bricklink the official batpod as I have the tires and shields ready. I would much rather build your version, though!

Do you have an LDD file or could you provide instructions/breakdown pics?

Thanks!

That is really really good. The simple but effective tiled floor really sets it off too. Great work sir.

Liking this. Just Bricklinked the official set but there are a lot of things I'm not happy with. This is much much closer to what I would like. Good work!

I really like this bar pod design and would like to build one. Any chance I could get the instructions and parts list?