LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Thanks!

You’re welcome! I’m assuming you’ll be requesting a small order? If so, let me know how it goes please, I’m tempted to order pieces through there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That email thing seems to be intended for people buying lots of parts for a large scale creation and it suggests the parts dont come from the usual Bricks & Pieces stockpile but come off the production line or get made specially or something (hence the "parts we dont produce anymore" statement on the page which would explain parts that are out of production but still in stock on regular old B&P not being included in the order and also the statement about Pick A Brick plus the mentions about "200 of an element"). I dont think its intended for someone who just wants a small quantity of x number of parts.

Me, now that I figured out what parts LEGO will sell me (or at least make available to me in the B&P interface) and what those cost on B&P vs BL (some parts are much cheaper on B&P like the roller coaster tracks/cars and all that Chinese food while other parts are much more expensive like the printed vet clinic window from the Corner Garage, the 6 x 14 plate in purple, the 8 x 8 plate in purple and the front nose from the current passenger train) I can make up an order on B&P and see if LEGO will actually sell it to me or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonwil said:

That email thing seems to be intended for people buying lots of parts for a large scale creation and it suggests the parts dont come from the usual Bricks & Pieces stockpile but come off the production line or get made specially or something (hence the "parts we dont produce anymore" statement on the page which would explain parts that are out of production but still in stock on regular old B&P not being included in the order and also the statement about Pick A Brick plus the mentions about "200 of an element"). I dont think its intended for someone who just wants a small quantity of x number of parts.

Me, now that I figured out what parts LEGO will sell me (or at least make available to me in the B&P interface) and what those cost on B&P vs BL (some parts are much cheaper on B&P like the roller coaster tracks/cars and all that Chinese food while other parts are much more expensive like the printed vet clinic window from the Corner Garage, the 6 x 14 plate in purple, the 8 x 8 plate in purple and the front nose from the current passenger train) I can make up an order on B&P and see if LEGO will actually sell it to me or not.

I knew that when posting the link, but I’ve heard (more like read!) of people ordering parts via email in this thread and wondered wether that was the email used to order the parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I cant even access my order status page anymore. Lego site is a complete joke. Ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Hey.

I called yesterday and since I didn’t have that many pieces, they took my order by phone. 

Who are you and what have you done with Megbricks?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have discovered that if I use parts I already own, omit parts that are purely decorative, buy parts on the cheap from various places and possibly make color substitutions, I can get most of the way to owning the big red roller coaster at a lot less than the RRP of the entire set if I buy all the track pieces from B&P.

I wonder if anyone else has discovered that they own enough of the parts for a set that they can use B&P to buy the rest and have the entire set...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonwil said:

I have discovered that if I use parts I already own, omit parts that are purely decorative, buy parts on the cheap from various places and possibly make color substitutions, I can get most of the way to owning the big red roller coaster at a lot less than the RRP of the entire set if I buy all the track pieces from B&P.

I wonder if anyone else has discovered that they own enough of the parts for a set that they can use B&P to buy the rest and have the entire set...

 

Yes. I often do this. You get to build a set at a fraction of the price.

Although there is always the debate about whether you own the set if you have not bought it as a set and do not have the box and instructions. You have the parts to build it, but do you have the set? For some people that matters. For other people(including me) so long as you get to build it and enjoy it, that is all that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another smaller annoyance that's still there, is the age entry that locks you out (with a long timeout) when you missed a digit.

Not only it's really stupid & useless, it also shouldn't even be there considering that Lego already knows your birth date when you're logged in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 10:23 AM, MAB said:

Although there is always the debate about whether you own the set if you have not bought it as a set and do not have the box and instructions. You have the parts to build it, but do you have the set? For some people that matters. For other people(including me) so long as you get to build it and enjoy it, that is all that matter.

I agree about having the parts is enough to build & enjoy a set, doesn't matter if the parts came packaged in the same box or not. I prefer building with digital instructions even when I have the instructions as it saves desk space and I don't need to weigh the instructions down to keep them on the correct page. I usually get the actual sets though, since I love minifigures and in many licensed sets there are figures unique to that set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, J4ck said:

Who are you and what have you done with Megbricks?!

Hahaha I am a robot and Megbricks has been disassembled:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like (probably due to the issues they are having with payment) they have completly disabled Bricks & Pieces online and direct you to call and place an order if you really want parts.

Me, I am going to place a Shop @ Home order for a couple things (a second Powered Up motor I need for my train and the purple Metalbeard mech which isn't being sold in Australia at all even at the LEGO store) and then use Bricklink to buy whatever parts from my wish list rather than waiting for LEGO to sort out B&P or try and make a phone or email order.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonwil said:

... from my wish list rather than waiting for LEGO to sort out B&P or try and make a phone or email order.

 

Beeing who I am, I have now placed several B&P orders over the phone in the past few days and they are really nice it goes smoothly. For larger orders they often ask that you send them an email after phoning them. Maybe prepare the email before you call with a list of numbers and qty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

Beeing who I am, I have now placed several B&P orders over the phone in the past few days and they are really nice it goes smoothly. For larger orders they often ask that you send them an email after phoning them. Maybe prepare the email before you call with a list of numbers and qty. 

What email address is it lad please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Looks like (probably due to the issues they are having with payment) they have completly disabled Bricks & Pieces online and direct you to call and place an order if you really want parts.

Me, I am going to place a Shop @ Home order for a couple things (a second Powered Up motor I need for my train and the purple Metalbeard mech which isn't being sold in Australia at all even at the LEGO store) and then use Bricklink to buy whatever parts from my wish list rather than waiting for LEGO to sort out B&P or try and make a phone or email order.

 

Yesterday it said it was shut but you could still click through (in the UK at least) and make up an order for, it would seem, free. It took you to a page like replacement bricks. Recognising that I didn't continue with my order. This morning, however, it is completely shut, except I had an order in my basket and I can still click the 'edit' button and go to the site with prices and make changes and come back through to the basket again. Goodness knows if I would be able to make payment in the end, but they really have got this all messed up. :cry2:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

*removed content*

Edited by J4ck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I have it in my basket too. Would this link work for y’all:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/service/replacementparts/sale?customizationId=3a10fc00-7a50-44c1-999b-c9ea012f5dc9&productid=&market=GB&locale=en-gb&sessionId=1cc56b43-eb1b-4375-9143-65b428a564b0

And of course change “...en-gb...” to “...en-(your country code here)...”

Also change “...market=GB...” to your country code too. Does it work? I have no idea because I have my cookies saved on my browser.

That link works for me. Comes up as having a Hidden Side torso in the basket. Correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

*removed content*

Edited by J4ck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That link works for me. Comes up as having a Hidden Side torso in the basket. Correct?

Don’t try editing your cart, you’ll get the access denied message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because a company as big as LEGO clearly has an incompetent development team and IT department that can't do something as simple as run an online store in 2019, LEGO is going to lose out on $100-$200 (or maybe more) worth of parts order from me (and I am sure I am not alone)

Unless there is something else going on and the current "offline" status is for reasons other than technical problems...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Unless there is something else going on and the current "offline" status is for reasons other than technical problems...

Could be they are setting up different parts centre across the globe?  as far as I know, the replacement parts are sent from Denmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

Could be they are setting up different parts centre across the globe?  as far as I know, the replacement parts are sent from Denmark.

I don't know if that is where they originate, but for many years mine have been postmarked from Germany.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Because a company as big as LEGO clearly has an incompetent development team and IT department that can't do something as simple as run an online store in 2019, LEGO is going to lose out on $100-$200 (or maybe more) worth of parts order from me (and I am sure I am not alone)

Unless there is something else going on and the current "offline" status is for reasons other than technical problems...

 

 

Compare that to the number of $100+ sets they sell in a day and it is obvious why the bricks and pieces service doesn't get the attention we think it deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they would be opening new parts distribution centres, having more than what they have now just increases costs (having to ship parts to each of the parts centres, paying the running costs of those centres etc) and also increases the chance that parts are out of stock and people can't get what they want (or need in the case of "my new set has a missing/broken part").

I decided not to wait any longer and ordered the Powered Up train motor I need plus the purple Metalbeard mech I wanted (which isn't comming to Australia even to the LEGO Certified stores)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jonwil said:

Unless there is something else going on and the current "offline" status is for reasons other than technical problems...

It's offline, but you can still place orders by phone, time consuming as that may be so my guess is technical problems. I mean when isn't it!

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

Don’t try editing your cart, you’ll get the access denied message.

It was still working for me until about five minutes ago and now the whole website seems to have given up. Really frustrating considering that I want to spend a decent amount of money tomorrow when the HS promo goes live. 😤

And I haven't even tried using my VIP vouchers yet ... this is going to be fun! :sarcasm_hmpf:

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

Because a company as big as LEGO clearly has an incompetent development team and IT department that can't do something as simple as run an online store in 2019, LEGO is going to lose out on $100-$200 (or maybe more) worth of parts order from me (and I am sure I am not alone)

Nope totally not alone. I've completely given up on my parts order, but now it looks like I may not even be able to buy the sets I want. I'm talking Hogwarts Microscale Castle and Central Perk so a decent order I've been saving for. Perhaps to Lego this is all small change compared to what they sell in stores, what's a few online orders. At least, that's what I have to tell myself because I can't see why a company would keep running such a dysfunctional website otherwise. Wish I could just walk into a store, but I have no Lego store for 200 + miles. Oh and I've just redeemed my VIP points for 'Online' vouchers ...

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.