LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

The only official message i found was this , from when they announced merging PAB and B&P.

Additionally, we’ll improve the shipping time in the US and Canada by implementing a new fulfilment area in our US warehouse. This will reduce shipping time for our top 1,600 elements from 13-18 working days to up to 5 working days. There will likely be some shipping delays for a short time after we launch this experience.

This was announced long before the new factory was announced.

Edited by TeriXeri

51 minutes ago, karrit said:

Invites from who?  What are your news sources?  Where exactly is this new factory located since you claim to have been invited?

No news sources, internet happens so fast for me but I have been given links like these about working there and apply 🤷

https://www.legocareersvirginia.com/

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

No news sources, internet happens so fast for me but I have been given links like these about working there and apply 🤷

https://www.legocareersvirginia.com/

That's the new Factory being built in Virginia that won't open fully until 2025.  I don't believe they've even broken ground yet but should be soon.  It's going to be a complete production facility, not just BAP.  As TeriXeri stated above they did implement a new fulfillment area in the US warehouse a few months ago but that only handles the Best Sellers BAP.

Since B&P / PAB has been changed and offers less parts, I feel I have lost a lot of interest.

I regularly checked B&P for rare pieces, like minifigure parts or printed tiles, and I couldn't resist buying (too much of) them. Now they aren't listed anymore, I don't have the urge to be such a completionist... and I and especially my wallet are fine with it :laugh:

On the other end I'm also a lot inclined to MOC, since it's has gotten harder to get the required pieces on the LEGO website to build my digital creations. I know there are other sources, but I was used to rely mostly on B&P and PAB.

I don't really understand the changes. It has gotten one page, but it still seems it are two different systems. It has gotten more expensive, there are much less different parts offered and the search function works terrible. :sceptic:

Edited by Wesley D

8 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Since B&P / PAB has been changed and offers less parts, I feel I have lost a lot of interest.

I regularly checked B&P for rare pieces, like minifigure parts or printed tiles, and I couldn't resist buying (too much of) them. Now they aren't listed anymore, I don't have the urge to be such a completionist... and I and especially my wallet are fine with it :laugh:

On the other end I'm also a lot inclined to MOC, since it's has gotten harder to get the required pieces on the LEGO website to build my digital creations. I know there are other sources, but I was used to rely mostly on B&P and PAB.

I don't really understand the changes. It has gotten one page, but it still seems it are two different systems. It has gotten more expensive, there are much less different parts offered and the search function works terrible. :sceptic:

I’m 100% with you. My patience gets shorter with this new system.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:02 AM, Wesley D said:

Yep. This thread was full of life and now it's kind of dead. So probably we aren't alone.

I was doing MOC's/MODs on basis of B&P as well.  If figs would be gone I'd understand but since the change I've checked 4 times and any (pretty standard) parts I've looked for weren't even shown or only available in a few colours. I feel like "OK you want me to have worse service, worse selection, higher prices, no figure parts, animals, accessories, no new parts and I should pay more"? Nope. Other (100% legal) brands offer cheaper parts packs and several interesting parts (like ball joints) in more colours.

After my last B&P order in January I didn't get anything other than magazine gifts and 1 polybag. TLG sets without parts to modify them aren't worth it for my perfectionist taste. I do have a small hope TLG feels some pressure of having lost "us" MOC'ers and bringing back at least parts. But as others have corrected me here before - we are probably the minority and were more effort than profit for Lego. Or not enough profit.

But yeah my wallet is happy. My partner is also much happier with no new sets or old never to be finished MOC/MOD projects taking what small space we have. Since May I got rid of about 90% of my sets. Refugees having lost their stuff due to Russian invasion are getting something small and I don't have to obsess how to buy parts for improvement now that I don't own many sets anymore.

And I get Lego rather wants long term investment and in some years maybe they'll have a super efficient system for "bestseller parts" instead of serving a minority creating MOC's and building armies instead of buying sets. It's just not my thing anymore. Which is healthier anyway.

18 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

And I get Lego rather wants long term investment and in some years maybe they'll have a super efficient system for "bestseller parts" instead of serving a minority creating MOC's and building armies instead of buying sets. It's just not my thing anymore. Which is healthier anyway.

Totally agree. I stumbled upon B&P late in the game and fell down that rabbit hole rather quickly. Finding fun animals and printed pieces and the occasional rare minifigure part or accessory. It was fun while it lasted, but my wallet is much healthier without the distraction of what new parts have come out. Also the high prices on bricklink help me to stay away from impulse buying. If LEGO ever fixes this new system (which in its current form really stinks) and finally adds new parts, I may dabble in getting a new animal or two, or exclusive minifigure parts. But I know it will not be to the unhealthy level that it was before the change. 

2 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Totally agree. I stumbled upon B&P late in the game and fell down that rabbit hole rather quickly. Finding fun animals and printed pieces and the occasional rare minifigure part or accessory. It was fun while it lasted, but my wallet is much healthier without the distraction of what new parts have come out. Also the high prices on bricklink help me to stay away from impulse buying. If LEGO ever fixes this new system (which in its current form really stinks) and finally adds new parts, I may dabble in getting a new animal or two, or exclusive minifigure parts. But I know it will not be to the unhealthy level that it was before the change. 

As I had a taste now of cheaper alternative services (again all 100% legal) I have to say I see no option going back to the inferior quality of most Lego pieces, sets and services. Figures with 360 degree printing, moving knees, ellbows, shoulders for 1€? Large variety of smooth plates and smooth plates for the underside? Take this and then go to a Lego store post-Covid with the employee telling you you can't modify pre built BAM figures and if I want one hair piece I have to buy the whole figure with plain legs and a random face. Nope.

That being said Lego has great quality and improved in almost every way don't get me wrong. One thing I miss with other brands is that there is almost no diversity - like in the old days of Lego.

So yeah some figs and parts would still intrigue me but I also have confidence that I wouldn't escalate as much anymore since I have eaten from a better table.

I’m so confused, I tried ordering parts earlier and was irate at how bare bones B&P’s is now, Its worse I agree, I had in my cart 9 bricks at the moment, nothing fancy just a 1x4 white brick priced at .96 cents, for example and with 9 bricks my shopping cart was sitting at a whopping 18$, I had a double take but they low key added all this hidden fees like a service fee of 5.00 my original price point was 11usd, before it was bricklink’s outrages shipping fees now it’s lego, not to mention the limited inventory I really don’t know how to feel about this since it feels like Lego wants you buy more sets for spare parts 😭

for the time being I’m done, it’s mind blowing how missing pieces uses the old PAB setup but not B&P’s 😭

Just to throw some love into the thread, I popped into a LEGO Store this afternoon to find 1x2 trans light blue tiles on the wall.

I bought all of them.

It was only 2.5 large cups (about 3850 based on weighing 100 of them). I felt a bit bad clearing them out, but I've been wanting to make a canal for ages, and didn't fancy buying them on Bricklink or the PAB website, as they're pretty expensive. I'm so pleased!

On 8/6/2022 at 9:02 AM, Wesley D said:

Unfortunately this summarises my thoughts too. Sweden only has two LEGO Stores (both in Stockholm) and they are on the other side of the country for me. Now BrickLink is my only source of parts, and that is often more expensive than I would like.

There is just one thing from which you said that I would like to change. The new B&P/PAB search function does not just work terrible - I can't get it to work at all.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:57 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I was doing MOC's/MODs on basis of B&P as well.  If figs would be gone I'd understand but since the change I've checked 4 times and any (pretty standard) parts I've looked for weren't even shown or only available in a few colours. I feel like "OK you want me to have worse service, worse selection, higher prices, no figure parts, animals, accessories, no new parts and I should pay more"? Nope. Other (100% legal) brands offer cheaper parts packs and several interesting parts (like ball joints) in more colours.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

As I had a taste now of cheaper alternative services (again all 100% legal) I have to say I see no option going back to the inferior quality of most Lego pieces, sets and services. Figures with 360 degree printing, moving knees, ellbows, shoulders for 1€? Large variety of smooth plates and smooth plates for the underside? Take this and then go to a Lego store post-Covid with the employee telling you you can't modify pre built BAM figures and if I want one hair piece I have to buy the whole figure with plain legs and a random face. Nope.

You have a lot of comments that contribute greatly to the conversation, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. But we've heard a number of time about how you're happy with other brands. As this is a forum to talk about LEGO let's keep the conversation on topic.

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You have a lot of comments that contribute greatly to the conversation, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. But we've heard a number of time about how you're happy with other brands. As this is a forum to talk about LEGO let's keep the conversation on topic.

Ok sorry I wasn't sure how the rules apply specifically. I thought we just shouldn't accidentally advertise the knockoff brands by namedropping them.

As conversation was a lot about logistics, services, especially for parts and newer/specific parts I thought it would be on topic and not against any rules. Got it now.

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

A bit sad that it has to be about the brand instead of the parts, though (unless it's a sponsoring problem, then I get it).

I mean at the end of the day we're MOCing with what we can find & buy. I totally understand that any recolor that Lego has never released, and obviousy any part that Lego has never offered, "isn't Lego". But here there are recent recolors that Lego doesn't wanna sell to us in quantities, but that are available unbranded. Still Lego in my book, if I can't tell the difference. I used to be a purist but even when I was, it wasn't about the brand for me, but about the limitations, the rule of being limited to whatever Lego has produced, whether it's digitally, using Lego parts or copies if a genuine part happens to cost big bucks on BL because Lego only has produced it for one rare set.

I will never pay 10 bucks for one technic half bush in black. Yes that's their average cost used on BL. Yet I will totally allow myself to use those, because Lego has produced them. Clones here totally look like a legit option to me. It's not ripping off Lego as Lego hasn't produced them for ages and has clearly locked the color of half bushes since then. Yes it may be ripping off BL sellers but I don't have much sympathy for someone making absurd profits from rarity (even though I do feel bad for sellers because many parts also have zero demand and are worthless). And today we're in a situation where Lego doesn't wanna sell us new parts either and we can either pay the BL ransom because the parts aren't old enough, or find alternatives. It's not about promoting other brands because those are simply unbranded.

Anyway, if this thread has to stay strictly on topic, not much is gonna happen anymore since nothing new has happened on B&P since March.

Edited by anothergol

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Ok sorry I wasn't sure how the rules apply specifically. I thought we just shouldn't accidentally advertise the knockoff brands by namedropping them.

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

A bit sad that it has to be about the brand instead of the parts, though (unless it's a sponsoring problem, then I get it).

I mean at the end of the day we're MOCing with what we can find & buy. I totally understand that any recolor that Lego has never released, and obviousy any part that Lego has never offered, "isn't Lego". But here there are recent recolors that Lego doesn't wanna sell to us in quantities, but that are available unbranded. Still Lego in my book, if I can't tell the difference. I used to be a purist but even when I was, it wasn't about the brand for me, but about the limitations, the rule of being limited to whatever Lego has produced, whether it's digitally, using Lego parts or copies if a genuine part happens to cost big bucks on BL because Lego only has produced it for one rare set.

I will never pay 10 bucks for one technic half bush in black. Yes that's their average cost used on BL. Yet I will totally allow myself to use those, because Lego has produced them. Clones here totally look like a legit option to me. It's not ripping off Lego as Lego hasn't produced them for ages and has clearly locked the color of half bushes since then. Yes it may be ripping off BL sellers but I don't have much sympathy for someone making absurd profits from rarity (even though I do feel bad for sellers because many parts also have zero demand and are worthless). And today we're in a situation where Lego doesn't wanna sell us new parts either and we can either pay the BL ransom because the parts aren't old enough, or find alternatives. It's not about promoting other brands because those are simply unbranded.

Anyway, if this thread has to stay strictly on topic, not much is gonna happen anymore since nothing new has happened on B&P since March.

To each his own on using other brands. I'm 99% purist myself. Which means even I have a couple things that aren't Lego official. You can certainly talk about the use of other brands as long as you're not promoting something illegal like a stolen MOC being sold by other brands. Some of them comments in this thread have just started to shift from that kind of discussion to being more off topic. If you think you may be at fault and would like a specific example send me a PM. No one is in trouble here so I'm not going to call out any one comment, but we do need to keep things on topic. Which is parts that Lego produces that are available to buy on their website.

The change from BnP to "PaB standard", as the old PaB is now "PaB bestsellers", has almost killed this thread. Someone could even update the name

I have chosen a new part and I will check monthly if it shows up. Until then I'm done with the new PaB. The parts-purchasing hobby was nice and it would be great if we can carry on with it again but I can carry on without it

Specifically I'll go with the Technic, Brick Modified 1 x 2 x 1 1/3 with Rotation Joint Socket 80431 because is non-licensed, useful in a wide context and I think that bricklink price is not far from what would be Lego price

1 hour ago, bitbamboo said:

Specifically I'll go with the Technic, Brick Modified 1 x 2 x 1 1/3 with Rotation Joint Socket 80431 because is non-licensed, useful in a wide context and I think that bricklink price is not far from what would be Lego price

I think that's typically a part that is indeed probably already as cheap on BL, and will be much cheaper in the future. For Lego the price is more based on size/complexity and offer, for BL it's based on demand and I would assume that MOCers generally go for the freedom of ball joints instead of ratchets that are more a toy thing (other rotation joints litteraly cost pennies on BL). I know I'll get some as a detail part but I don't think it'll be too popular.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

To each his own on using other brands. I'm 99% purist myself. Which means even I have a couple things that aren't Lego official. You can certainly talk about the use of other brands as long as you're not promoting something illegal like a stolen MOC being sold by other brands. Some of them comments in this thread have just started to shift from that kind of discussion to being more off topic. If you think you may be at fault and would like a specific example send me a PM. No one is in trouble here so I'm not going to call out any one comment, but we do need to keep things on topic. Which is parts that Lego produces that are available to buy on their website.

So is it allowed to start a new thread about all Lego-compatible parts, and if so, in which section?

While the parts selection has reduced a bit, it's not significantly smaller than before (is it?). The notable difference is the lack of new pieces. I've tended to use the service to build things from Rebrickable, or sets I have most pieces for, and don't want to pay aftermarket prices for the whole thing, or even a few MOCs. Those all generally use widely available pieces.

I'm curious about those of you that now no longer use the service. Do you already have a huge collection of parts, and so the new parts are the only ones of interest when you're building? Or do you just like ordering the new parts because new is generally fun? Or am I missing something that suddenly makes it worse for building MOCs?

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

While the parts selection has reduced a bit, it's not significantly smaller than before (is it?). The notable difference is the lack of new pieces. I've tended to use the service to build things from Rebrickable, or sets I have most pieces for, and don't want to pay aftermarket prices for the whole thing, or even a few MOCs. Those all generally use widely available pieces.

I'm curious about those of you that now no longer use the service. Do you already have a huge collection of parts, and so the new parts are the only ones of interest when you're building? Or do you just like ordering the new parts because new is generally fun? Or am I missing something that suddenly makes it worse for building MOCs?

Well, old parts are generally less expensive on BL. Now on BL the problem is that you've got to place lots of orders and shipping becomes a very large part of the price, especially since covid. So B&P used to have an advantage here. But now if you don't reach the minimum, you can end up with 2 large handling fees + the shipping fee, so neither is a good deal nowadays.

I have placed a few BL orders since then, but none on B&P, because I don't wanna have to deal with the new system if it's not even for new parts.

11 hours ago, anothergol said:

So is it allowed to start a new thread about all Lego-compatible parts, and if so, in which section?

There are lots of instances where we've allowed discussion about other brands and their compatibility with Lego. The key to that is the word "compatibility." Those kinds of discussions happen in the relevant forums and we don't need 1 topic about it. We're not here to talk about out right replacing Lego with other brands. That discussion has a home, just not on a forum dedicated to talking about Lego :head_back:

Okay, I started to lose my faith in PaB system pretty much after witing for new parts.it is quite frustrating so I decide to abrandon time lame system for other marketing websites like Bricklink, eBay,et. 

I mean,Idon’t understand why there are no new parts since the new system was up and running. I really like the old B&P as I found it more fun.

38 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Okay, I started to lose my faith in PaB system pretty much after witing for new parts.it is quite frustrating so I decide to abrandon time lame system for other marketing websites like Bricklink, eBay,et. 

I mean,Idon’t understand why there are no new parts since the new system was up and running. I really like the old B&P as I found it more fun.

I agree, one of the main reasons for me was because it was easy and brand new bricks from lego, now they made it complicated that I started using bricklink and start to support my local lego third party stores again! 🤷

one of the few main reasons I stopped going to my local lego third party stores was because of lego but wow did they drop the ball big time… 

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

There are lots of instances where we've allowed discussion about other brands and their compatibility with Lego. The key to that is the word "compatibility." Those kinds of discussions happen in the relevant forums and we don't need 1 topic about it. We're not here to talk about out right replacing Lego with other brands. That discussion has a home, just not on a forum dedicated to talking about Lego :head_back:

If I may ask; my last comment on this issue:

Is it a sponsering issue or more dependent on a "only Lego" philosophy? If it's about the philosophy: the Forum is called "Eurobricks" and not "Eurolego". Would it be possible that - at one point - the forum could adapt/become more open?

Again, I don't know how things are in the US? One of the most accepted, high quality alternative brands is Cobi - a polish company growing a lot at the moment. 100% produced in the EU but I know they are exporting to higher prices in the US as well; Jangbricks is reviewing Cobi sets from time to time. Again, it's 100% legal; in this case many recent parts of Lego were even inspired by older Cobi parts. In Germany, alternatives have been exploding for a while now. For sure there are other forums - but Eurobricks is simply the best and most professional forum about our brick based hobby. You guys and gals as admins are doing a fantastic job and the community here is great.

If it's about economy I get it; debate is over for me. But if it's philosophy only - why not be a place for everyone? After all we only want to build great stuff and share it :wub:

9 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Is this why when I type element id numbers the design colors don’t pop up?