LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Anyone knows how frequently 6082 BURP piece in Dark Blueish Grey (4279446) becomes available? Need a bunch of these but on Bricklink they're double the price...

19 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Oh thanks. @J4ck sent me a link from new elementary on IG about the piece. It is new and it is a photo holder piece. 

They’re a really good website for information about pieces.

Just now, Ponga91 said:

Anyone knows how frequently 6082 BURP piece in Dark Blueish Grey (4279446) becomes available? Need a bunch of these but on Bricklink they're double the price...

The last set it was in was a 2018 set, so I doubt very much it’ll be available again until it appears in a new set. With that being said, it is in 2 serious play sets so there’s a small chance it could come back. No idea when though.

16 minutes ago, J4ck said:

The last set it was in was a 2018 set, so I doubt very much it’ll be available again until it appears in a new set. With that being said, it is in 2 serious play sets so there’s a small chance it could come back. No idea when though.

Thank you. So it will be a long way to finish my diorama…

7 minutes ago, Ponga91 said:

Thank you. So it will be a long way to finish my diorama…

You can send a mail to Lego customer service and ask, maybe you are lucky :wink:

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

You can send a mail to Lego customer service and ask, maybe you are lucky :wink:

Will try today! Thank you

1 hour ago, Ponga91 said:

I managed to order 15 a couple of days ago so they do still appear occasionally. I was watching for a few weeks though. 

11 minutes ago, Beardybricks said:

I managed to order 15 a couple of days ago so they do still appear occasionally. I was watching for a few weeks though. 

This gives me hope to not wait a whole year or so, thank you.
Waiting for an answer from customer service

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

Oh that’s really cool. So do you do a lot of MOC building?

I MOC a little almost every day. So yeah, you could say I do a lot :classic:

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I MOC a little almost every day. So yeah, you could say I do a lot :classic:

Oh that's awesome! I am starting to get into it more and more. B&P is where 75% of my building bricks come from.

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

Oh that's awesome! I am starting to get into it more and more. B&P is where 75% of my building bricks come from.

If you have the opportunity to be part of a LUG that helps a lot too.

How many of each element do you have to order to get it shipped pre-sorted, instead of dumped in one bag? What about getting an order shipped in a box? This would be nice especially to help protect large pieces and transparent pieces. 

6 minutes ago, BaristaBricks said:

How many of each element do you have to order to get it shipped pre-sorted, instead of dumped in one bag? What about getting an order shipped in a box? This would be nice especially to help protect large pieces and transparent pieces. 

Last year I ordered huge trans purple window pieces (from legomovie bus) and they came in enveloppes, all scratched. Lego resent them twice as they were always badly scratched then I gave up. :/

12 minutes ago, BaristaBricks said:

200 I think @Megbricks said.

If they are bigger pieces then probably less.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

If you have the opportunity to be part of a LUG that helps a lot too.

Unfortunately the opportunity hasn’t arisen yet. Are they easy to get into?

36 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Last year I ordered huge trans purple window pieces (from legomovie bus) and they came in enveloppes, all scratched. Lego resent them twice as they were always badly scratched then I gave up. :/

Ordered about 40 1x4x6 clear window panes for my Hall of Armor MOC and a lot of them came scratched up too. Really disappointed. I thought about contacting them but I just put the scratched pieces on the backside of the MOC instead.

Edited by Legocity2713

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

Ordered about 40 1x4x6 clear window panes for my Hall of Armor MOC and a lot of them came scratched up too. Really disappointed. I thought about contacting them but I just put the scratched pieces on the backside of the MOC instead.

Ordering large transparent parts is definitely hopeless. I go to Bricklink for those. 

53 minutes ago, BaristaBricks said:

In my experience the threshold is around 100 for small parts to get their own bag. Again, this does not help with large/transparent pieces. LEGO will still pack everything else together so they all end up scratched.

Edited by Tusserte

Sorting a just-received B&P order is the best part of all of this. Throw them all in one bag!

I'm sure hand picking and individually counting the pieces in all of these orders is a tedious and mentally taxing job. We should all send them advil or pizza or pizza with advil on it or something.

2 hours ago, BaristaBricks said:

It’s around 100 for medium pieces like the limb elements (leaves).  200 for most others.  Tiny stuff like 1x1 studs can be mixed even at 200.

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I actually siding know where I would be using mine because of the weird shape it has so I tried to get a nice one but eventually gave up. I mean we could have gone in a loop where they kept on sending me damaged ones. I don’t think lego customer service has a lot of power over what happens in the B&P warehouse. 

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I don't think the way the employees handle the parts is to blame; I suspect is either has to do with parts falling from the conveyor belt into the bins onto each other, or with their transport from the production line to the B&P warehouse. That said, I have never been inside a LEGO (or other) factory; it's only a theory.

Also, my order arrived yesterday, I'll share a pic later. :classic:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

I don't think the way the employees handle the parts is to blame; I suspect is either has to do with parts falling from the conveyor belt into the bins onto each other, or with their transport from the production line to the B&P warehouse. That said, I have never been inside a LEGO (or other) factory; it's only a theory.

From the damages that were on mine it was obvious that the most damage came from the shipping. The envelopes had parts « poking » and because of their « rounded » shape they rubbed against other packages and in my mailbox

Found the picture from last year:

32228902667_3b4d48d8e1_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

From the damages that were on mine it was obvious that the most damage came from the shipping. The envelopes had parts « poking » and because of their « rounded » shape they rubbed against other packages and in my mailbox

Found the picture from last year:

[image]

That’s nasty! Did you contact Lego?

I purchased the half Speeres from B&P. One was scratched (not as bad as Megbricks’ purple windscreen) and asked for a replacement, they sent one. That one was scratched so I called again and explained the problem and I also observed the same with PAB in Lego stores (for this reason I never purchased any transparent bricks from PAB) and Lego sent me another one. So instead of getting one gyrosphere, I now have 2. I’m surprised Lego is not learning from their mistakes. 

In other news, UK Lego Customer Service is now open 9am-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.

Edited by J4ck

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Yeah I’d agree, its just the nature of having sharp 2x2s ship alongside smooth trans pieces.

11 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I actually siding know where I would be using mine because of the weird shape it has so I tried to get a nice one but eventually gave up. I mean we could have gone in a loop where they kept on sending me damaged ones. I don’t think lego customer service has a lot of power over what happens in the B&P warehouse. 

Haha yeah they’re really good at replacing parts even from B&P orders. I remember about a year ago emailing them that my order was taking about a month to ship (it was out of the warehouse for that time period already) and wanted to know if they knew anything about it and they just resent the whole order free instead. It was about $50 and arrived around the same time as the original order funny enough. I didn’t really need or want double the amount of parts but it is what it is.

Edited by Legocity2713

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That’s nasty! Did you contact Lego?

I purchased the half Speeres from B&P. One was scratched (not as bad as Megbricks’ purple windscreen) and asked for a replacement, they sent one. That one was scratched so I called again and explained the problem and I also observed the same with PAB in Lego stores (for this reason I never purchased any transparent bricks from PAB) and Lego sent me another one. So instead of getting one gyrosphere, I now have 2. I’m surprised Lego is not learning from their mistakes. 

In other news, UK Lego Customer Service is now open 9am-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.

I did contact them  I think they resent 3 times! :) then I gave up