LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, jonwil said:

So it turns out that "I have most of the parts and can buy the rest from B&P/BL" doesn't necessarily mean you get the bargain you were expecting when its a set with over 4000 pieces and you still need over 1000 to complete the set...

It *really* depends on what the parts you're missing are and how they compare on Bricklink. A good "for instance" is that if you were trying to build a Cinderella Castle, the Light Grey Round Walls (3X6X6) are excruciatingly expensive on BL. But on B&P they're a steal - 1/5th the price.  

 

16 hours ago, J4ck said:

They add the inventory of the sets within 2 days of official set release.

Small chance some of them will become available at some point.

Likewise for the Disney Train set - everything useful and not IP locked is now up - save a cow catcher and a few other odds and ends.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buying the parts from B&P (ignoring BL and not counting the sticker sheet, the 2x3 medium blue tile or the red unprinted head all 3 of which B&P wont sell me) would have cost me around $391 based on Aussie B&P pricing (not far off the $400 I actually paid for the set). Now BL would have brought that down a fair bit but probably not enough to make it worth doing (especially when shipping costs from B&P and multiple BL stores are all factored in) vs just buying the whole thing and getting brand new LEGO with the stickers and instructions and box and everything.

I wonder if the piano keys tile from the Friends set (and that purple Metalbeard mech) is considered IP locked or if its actually "out of stock" and will be available later.

 

Edited by jonwil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Buying the parts from B&P (ignoring BL and not counting the sticker sheet, the 2x3 medium blue tile or the red unprinted head all 3 of which B&P wont sell me) would have cost me around $391 based on Aussie B&P pricing (not far off the $400 I actually paid for the set). Now BL would have brought that down a fair bit but probably not enough to make it worth doing (especially when shipping costs from B&P and multiple BL stores are all factored in) vs just buying the whole thing and getting brand new LEGO with the stickers and instructions and box and everything.

I wonder if the piano keys tile from the Friends set (and that purple Metalbeard mech) is considered IP locked or if its actually "out of stock" and will be available later.

None of the new pieces are ever “out of stock” they either have plans to sell it later, not at all because it’s “IP locked” or small chance so many AFOLs have bought it it’s out of stock but it’ll be back in a few days if that is the case and would also have to be available in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B+P is down again for me. The link is green and you can go through and pick your parts, but when you try to add it to basket you get 'Bricks and Pieces is currently not available'. Cleared browser data and still the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

B+P is down again for me. The link is green and you can go through and pick your parts, but when you try to add it to basket you get 'Bricks and Pieces is currently not available'. Cleared browser data and still the same.

Last week I ordered by e-mail since site was down and it went ok. If you have a big order like mine, from B&P when in the page where you review your total and have to accept terms, just print it as a .pdf file and attach it to the e-mail. Service told me they have to copy and paste IDs themselves so this way it's easier for them and maybe you wait a bit less for your order confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ponga91 said:

Last week I ordered by e-mail since site was down and it went ok. If you have a big order like mine, from B&P when in the page where you review your total and have to accept terms, just print it as a .pdf file and attach it to the e-mail. Service told me they have to copy and paste IDs themselves so this way it's easier for them and maybe you wait a bit less for your order confirmation.

Oh that’s so useful thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Disney Series 2 parts such as 6258502 are now available on site. I think it's the first time we see parts from Minifigure Series available while Series is currently on sale, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ponga91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

Last week I ordered by e-mail since site was down and it went ok. If you have a big order like mine, from B&P when in the page where you review your total and have to accept terms, just print it as a .pdf file and attach it to the e-mail. Service told me they have to copy and paste IDs themselves so this way it's easier for them and maybe you wait a bit less for your order confirmation.

Thanks. I just wanted to add a few pieces to a sets order, so I think emailing will just complicate things, but what you say is good to know for the future.

 

B+P is now officially closed off again. :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

Some of the Disney Series 2 parts such as 6258502 are now available on site. I think it's the first time we see parts from Minifigure Series available while Series is currently on sale, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not the first time. It’s been happening with all the series this year.

13 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks. I just wanted to add a few pieces to a sets order, so I think emailing will just complicate things, but what you say is good to know for the future.

 

B+P is now officially closed off again. :wall:

Yikes lass. Seriously again? Hopefully they will fix it with all these repairs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Yikes lass. Seriously again? Hopefully they will fix it with all these repairs!

I sure hope so. Although I get the feeling they don't know what they're doing!

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I sure hope so. Although I get the feeling they don't know what they're doing!

One day it will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they still have a bunch of parts that aren't supposed to be listed for sale (either because the part is listed for sale when they have no stock or its a part that is "IP locked" or otherwise not intended to be sold but its being listed for sale) and the run of orders in the time since B&P came back up have included a bunch of such parts.

Thankfully I wont be doing any B&P order anytime soon, not after finally scoring a deal I was happy with and buying the roller coaster outright.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone know the numbers to any/all of the CFM series?

Site is down for me now. I'd really love to find out what there actual issue is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, jonwil said:

Buying the parts from B&P (ignoring BL and not counting the sticker sheet, the 2x3 medium blue tile or the red unprinted head all 3 of which B&P wont sell me) would have cost me around $391 based on Aussie B&P pricing (not far off the $400 I actually paid for the set). Now BL would have brought that down a fair bit but probably not enough to make it worth doing (especially when shipping costs from B&P and multiple BL stores are all factored in) vs just buying the whole thing and getting brand new LEGO with the stickers and instructions and box and everything.

I wonder if the piano keys tile from the Friends set (and that purple Metalbeard mech) is considered IP locked or if its actually "out of stock" and will be available later.

OK, I get you now. Typically, when I'm ordering parts to build a set (or part of a set), then I've run through my collection already and pulled about 1/2 to 3/4 of the needed parts from my existing stock. I was able to get the Disney Train engine and tender down to $20 in new parts orders by doing that.

But if you're ordering an ENTIRE set via B&P, then it makes sense it should work out to right around MSRP. There is a markup on B&P parts over production cost - they're priced at roughly the "I'm the designer and I want to include it in a set" cost. When you compare part-for-part with, for instance, a bulk AFOL LUG order's price list, you can easily calculate the markup percentage over production costs yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't trying to order the entire set via B&P, I only needed about 1100 pieces (out of the 4k pieces the set has) and that would have cost me (at .AU B&P pricing) the $391 price I quoted (the 2 x 2 round white bricks would have cost $71 just by themselves). Bricklink could have reduced that $391 price but not by enough to be worth doing vs just buying the whole set.

Trying to buy any set via B&P will cost a lot more than RRP that's for sure, its only worth it if you have close to all the parts (or if there is only a specific part of the set you are interested in like the example of the engine from the Disney Train)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TJJohn12 said:

But if you're ordering an ENTIRE set via B&P, then it makes sense it should work out to right around MSRP. There is a markup on B&P parts over production cost - they're priced at roughly the "I'm the designer and I want to include it in a set" cost. When you compare part-for-part with, for instance, a bulk AFOL LUG order's price list, you can easily calculate the markup percentage over production costs yourself.

Have you considered that all the parts are handpicked thus meaning extra salaries that need paying etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 11:37 PM, J4ck said:

One day it will be better.

Yeah, but just a shame it is one day per year! :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they cancel parts, do they give us a chance to order replacements?

I need parts for fairly small MOCs. If a couple of key bricks are missing, it will defeat the whole purpose of ordering in the first place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I placed an order today, but had to do it by phone.  The new VIP system is a mess, and without B&P up, you can't tell how much the pieces are.  I had to call to get the prices, then go to my VIP account to cash in the points I needed, then get the certificates back to the B&P on the phone... it was cumbersome and a real hassle.  This would be a lot easier if they just made the VIP points worth cash and let you buy what you wanted through the VIP system.  Why do you need two separate codes for online or in a store?  That makes no sense.  As for the bricks, all the bricks except one were in stock and so I ordered everything, but the order will wait on the one backordered brick until it appears again and then will ship.  So you can order on B&P, but doing an order with a lot of elements is difficult to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally! I was able to make an online B&P order a few minutes ago! :thumbup:
I've not received the confirmation email yet, but the order does appear on my account. The Paypal payment did not work (I had to pay with the credit card) but I don't know if the issue comes from the Lego website, from Paypal, or from my own connection.

I noticed a few licensed parts available :
- Monica's head from the "Central Perk" set (Element Id 6162427)
- Owen Grady's dark blue legs with brown holster from the Isla Nublar sets (Element Id 6226515)
- The wings of the Hungarian Horntail from the HP "Triwizard Tournament Challenge" set (Element Id 6279960)
- Old Luke Skywalker and Sirius Black's headpiece, in both dark brown and dark tan (Part Id 35494)

Not licensed but gladly welcomed, the light orange leaf elements from the "Tree House" are available as well (Element Id 6273388).

 

Edited by Aurore
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Aurore said:

- Monica's head from the "Central Perk" set (Element Id 6162427)

That one has been available for ages. They didn't design a new head for Monica, they are just reusing the head from Sally Ride and Tina Goldstein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, jonwil said:

I have no clue if you can actually somehow order through it (and I don't want to try) but for me at least this link

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/sale?customizationId=53dee6e9-c382-4a22-9d53-6408261034b1&productid=&market=US&locale=en-us&sessionId=e83d0667-d283-4ff5-8dd7-4a8465eeb3c3

lets me browse Bricks & Pieces and see prices in AUD.

Funny thing, we can see your whole cart (or maybe not anymore, I've emptied it to start over & try placing an order).

On one hand Lego's website times out so quickly that we often lose our cart while filling it, and here your session ID is still valid 3 days later? They really don't know what they're doing.

So, for what it's worth: https://www.lego.com/fr-be/service/replacementparts/sale alone just works for me now. It's without the /sale that it tells about it being closed. Sadly it's still all in AUD inside a french layout, lol. And of course the cart doesn't go through anyway.
It's taking me to a bad request page now, sry if I broke your session :(


Meanwhile I emailed Lego to know if 3 specific little parts now finally had a price & could be ordered (by phone), and they sent them to me, for free.. but 3 tiny parts in a letter.. grrr.

 

Edited by anothergol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.