LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

If I get anything in less than 4 or 5 weeks it's a minor miracle.  I think I got one order in a little over 3 weeks once.  When it's pushing 2 months I start to get antsy.  Other than the lag over the holidays I've gotten everything in what I consider a reasonable timeframe.  Other than the missing letter 1x1 round tiles that seemed to be an issue due to them changing the part number everything has been pretty smooth turnaround time this year for me.  They did give me $20 worth of VIP points for that issue which was more than generous.

You guys are getting points as apology? I got a "Your order is now with the warehouse for picking and packing and should be shipping out in the next week or so" and nothing else.

I got the points as an apology for parts that were missing from one of my orders.  They were having trouble getting the part number in the system to work so had to escalate through other channels to get the replacement order to go through.  This is the first time I've ever been gifted points for a problem and I've had multiple orders that were missing parts that I've called about over the past few years.

I received an order placed on Feb 22nd today. So roughly one month later and the other order I placed a day later (feb 23) also dispatched the same day so should be here on Tuesday. So I guess here in Europe everything is going as it should.

My Bestseller PAB order arrived on Saturday, but only just had time to sort through it. I got a 4x8 black plate instead of the 2x6 reddish brown plate that I ordered. And I ordered the 2x6 plate to replace a broken piece from my Hogwarts castle set, and I've started to hear too many people being banned from missing pieces for seemingly very few requests, so figured I'd just order one.

And now I'm in a quandary over what to do... :laugh:

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

My Bestseller PAB order arrived on Saturday, but only just had time to sort through it. I got a 4x8 black plate instead of the 2x6 reddish brown plate that I ordered. And I ordered the 2x6 plate to replace a broken piece from my Hogwarts castle set, and I've started to hear too many people being banned from missing pieces for seemingly very few requests, so figured I'd just order one.

And now I'm in a quandary over what to do... :laugh:

go to Bricklink! Don't have to worry about being banned there!

On 3/24/2023 at 10:42 PM, Sir Dano said:

You guys are getting points as apology? I got a "Your order is now with the warehouse for picking and packing and should be shipping out in the next week or so" and nothing else.

I got points because they messed up my order, the problem was on their end, but like others mentioned in the past i also have gotten points from missing bricks in some orders to be honest. The biggest deal for me was payment problems on their end then made me wait another month because of it.   

People have do indeed caught wind of the services, i got two of my orders, it seems like lego indeed is bulk shipping orders at a time, I used to be able to guesstimate them now it’s like whatever they wants us to wait at this rate.  it sucks but oh well..  2021 was the last perfect year haha

I'm just thankful that my January 18th order finally changed to shipped this morning.

Now to see how long they take to ship my March orders...

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

I'm just thankful that my January 18th order finally changed to shipped this morning.

Mine is still "In Warehouse"

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

My January 18th order shipped last week.  The order consisted of 3 lots of standard parts with 5 pieces in each lot.  The current price difference between PAB and the cheapest Bricklink store in the USA that could fill the same order is ~$75, so waiting makes the most sense for me.  I'm sure the price difference was much greater back in January.

8 hours ago, eric_son_of_joseph said:

My January 18th order shipped last week.  The order consisted of 3 lots of standard parts with 5 pieces in each lot.  The current price difference between PAB and the cheapest Bricklink store in the USA that could fill the same order is ~$75, so waiting makes the most sense for me.  I'm sure the price difference was much greater back in January.

The difference probably was greater. For new parts, BL prices naturally drop as more people buy the sets the parts came in and part them out or they get their PAB orders and sell them.

20 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You may want to contact CS. I just chatted with a rep. - the 4th time for this particular order. And for the first time they admitted that something was off about it. They said normally once the backordered parts come back in stock there is an indication that the stock is confirmed and a date for them to be picked in the warehouse. On my Jan 18 order this never showed (it bounced around between in process, and in warehouse several time over the past 2 months). This last rep said that is not typical and wasn't sure it would ever resolve itself. They ended up re-shipping the order (though tbf it is a small order, only $36, and they may be so quick to do this on a higher value one).

1 hour ago, Themiddlebrick said:

You may want to contact CS. I just chatted with a rep. - the 4th time for this particular order. And for the first time they admitted that something was off about it. They said normally once the backordered parts come back in stock there is an indication that the stock is confirmed and a date for them to be picked in the warehouse. On my Jan 18 order this never showed (it bounced around between in process, and in warehouse several time over the past 2 months). This last rep said that is not typical and wasn't sure it would ever resolve itself. They ended up re-shipping the order (though tbf it is a small order, only $36, and they may be so quick to do this on a higher value one).

That's almost exactly how my 2nd conversation with CS went. They said it bounced back and forth. But they said that was normal and to just wait the 40 days. But my order is over $150 which could account for why they don't want to try any other solutions just yet. I'm going to call them again next week if nothing happens.

9 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

That's almost exactly how my 2nd conversation with CS went. They said it bounced back and forth. But they said that was normal and to just wait the 40 days. But my order is over $150 which could account for why they don't want to try any other solutions just yet. I'm going to call them again next week if nothing happens.

To be clear, what wasn't normal was that the order didn't have the indication that the stock was confirmed with a pick date after the part came back in stock on Mar 20 and was in warehouse. That was what lead them to re-ship the order. Not the bouncing back and forth between statuses which does happen sometimes. By my calculation it has been about 70 days now right? 

4 hours ago, Themiddlebrick said:

To be clear, what wasn't normal was that the order didn't have the indication that the stock was confirmed with a pick date after the part came back in stock on Mar 20 and was in warehouse. That was what lead them to re-ship the order. Not the bouncing back and forth between statuses which does happen sometimes. By my calculation it has been about 70 days now right? 

If you're just counting 5 days a week to account for "business" days it's been 51. But who's counting :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

If you're just counting 5 days a week to account for "business" days it's been 51. But who's counting :laugh_hard:

Per Sam Vimes from Ankh-Morpork, you also need to account for two grandmothers' funerals, and probably a variety of special holidays like 2x4 brick appreciation day, dented box Thursday, and the 'watching people swarm over the PAB wall when we put masonry bricks in it' event, which is like the Superbowl and Word Cup combined for these folks.

I reckon you've only been waiting about 30 official LEGO days by that reckoning. :wink:

On 3/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, Sir Dano said:

Now to see how long they take to ship my March orders...

Wild, my order from the 5th already shipped. Of course it was only 30 pairs of lion knight legs, 2 horses and 4 viking helmets so I guess it wasn't hard to pack up.

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

My standard order was shipped on the 17th to Australia, should I be worried yet?

I received a standard bestseller order on Friday from an order placed on 23 Feb 2023. I got an email on 28 Feb 2023 advising it was shipped. So a bit over a month from "shipped" to my door.

For some reason it was listed as shipping from "Grant OGorman" which I haven't seen before. I did receive an email on 23 Mar 2023 from Australia Post advising that it was delayed (which I originally thought was  spam as I had no idea who Grant OGorman was). So you may not need to be too worried.

Edit: I meant bestseller - not standard. That said the time from shipped to delivery remains the same. I suspect the only difference between bestseller and standard would be the picking time, not the shipping time.

Edited by timemail

So, I got two out three orders in, I was away on vacation for 10 days and started to catch up with my stuff back home and i'm missing my order from the 17th of march, I called lego to confirm because this is the order they screwed me over since january and supposedly like someone else mentioned the boxes are still held by customs and they are still working on it, LEGO should hear something from US Customs this week and hopefully resolve this in a timely manner.   

My Standard order (placed 17th February, shipped 17th March) arrived today here in Australia which is good news (there are 4 of 6400117 in the set which I needed to have in order to continue working on my current project)

The bad news is that I ordered 2 of part 6400668 and got sent 2 of part 6097174 instead. I contacted LEGO on the phone and they are going to send out the correct heads (the packing list shows the correct part ID and the correct head) which is good. (and the heads I was missing aren't something I absolutely needed in any case and certainly not holding up my project :)

I don't even get mad or sad when LEGO sends wrong parts or missing bricks, just a quick call and two weeks later and you get the replacement and some extra bonus VIP points. hehe 

Has anyone been paying attention to what days they add new parts? I wonder if there's any pattern to it or if it's just seemingly random. I'm still waiting for the pink shields and the space torsos. I'm getting especially nervous about those torsos because they're long overdue and I've already bought all of the other parts I need for those minifigures.

Getting a little impatient waiting for new January parts to be added.  Of course my wallet is happy but also fearful that they will finally show up once the next big wave of newness gets released.