LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

18 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

6408195 & 6317230 - These are both in stock right now so it shouldn't still be held up.

Here's hoping my order gets shipped soon.

I hope my Feb 17th order (currently labeled "in warehouse") doesn't get held up by out-of-stock parts (with the exception of part 6400117 and maybe part 6407767 there is nothing in the order I absolutely can't live without although I absolutely need the 6400117 to show up before the show in early May...)

Ooh Merida's orange wig recolour of the Sigourney Weaver Ghostbusters hair has finally been added! (OOS for now) I've been wanting that piece for a long time and always bummed it wasn't available for purchase.

They seem to have added another blue forestmen hat for some weird reason?

AKMPpVa.png

Cheaper price is nice, at least.

It's a different design ID, so I bet they made a new, higher capacity mold. If so, this likely means we'll see more of this hat in the future!

On 3/12/2023 at 3:37 PM, Rockstaremcee said:

Terrifying as I placed 3 large orders using this to start the month.  I haven't had an issue previously though so hopefully this won't happen.

6408195 & 6317230 - These are both in stock right now so it shouldn't still be held up.

I'm still dealing with this issue, LEGO has yet to ship out my order, when they cancel an order they create a new one rather than change the method of payment and I know that puts me back of the waiting list, so whenever he was telling me it was shipping out soon I knew he was lying, it's been exactly a month and still haven't received anything.  Crazy thing is I had an order from January ship out last week and as of today no trace of the tracking number or shipment.  

With Paypal, be ready to have the full amount ready if you get the email that it didn't go through.  Another caveat is that I have not received my downpayment I had to pay towards the pay in 4 payments, I got back my paid in 4 amount but not the other half I put down to get approved...

On 3/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, Sir Dano said:

AKMPpVa.png

Does that mean a new blue forestmen torso is coming out soon?  Fingers Crossed

Edited by eldiano

On 3/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, Sir Dano said:

AKMPpVa.png

Actually, it's the bard's hat from series 22

48 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Actually, it's the bard's hat from series 22

They one discontinued was the one from series 22, because as of last year they had the series 22 blue forest torso on PAB and took it down after lion castle went up, I hope they bring it back again as Well

17 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the candy cane from series 23 is on pick a brick

But so expensive at $1.66 each. If you're near a LEGO store, they have/had them in the BAM station as an accessory. I left it a bit, in case they were really popular, but was able to get 70 of them (nearly five BAM packs worth), as I want to build a Christmas bonsai tree with them. The staff at the store were very good letting me do it, but because it wasn't when they were freshly released, they said it was fine do to.

did they change the way they ship items now? I've had an order marked shipped last week and so far nothing's showed up on my USPS informed delivery, around march 10th i got the email receipt but it's been 10 days and no email confirming shipment?

Edited by eldiano

56 minutes ago, eldiano said:

did they change the way they ship items now? I've had an order marked shipped last week and so far nothing's showed up on my USPS informed delivery, around march 10th i got the email receipt but it's been 10 days and no email confirming shipment?

I never get an e-mail confirming shipment of PAB Standard parts.  Just the e-mail receipt and a notification from my credit card issuer of the charge.  Usually takes a while for it to show up on my USPS informed delivery.  I have one currently showing that USPS is awaiting the package as of 3/18, Lego sent the invoice e-mail on 3/15.

I placed my first order since December last night. Got some baby animals, and a load of the castle and Viking torsos and legs (some were out of stock sadly). And, most importantly of all, bits for a few MOCs, by which I mean things from Rebrickable that others have made. Although having said that, I was pleased to try Studio for the first time to modify a Cadillac I found on Rebrickable, to go with the Palace Cinema. It's a really cool tool (obvious to probably everyone here).

r/lego - New to Studio and loving it. Using it to modify a Rebrickable Cadillac MOC by Chricki for the Palace Cinema. There are some wonderful digital builders here, but my first efforts feel good.

I was charged shipping on a $100 order though, which feels like an error. Annoyingly, I forgot to check how much was attributed towards standard vs bestseller, but I didn't think it would make a difference now that it's merged. Certainly doesn't appear to get called out on the T&Cs. Might have to do an online chat later to see if it's wrong.

21 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I was charged shipping on a $100 order though, which feels like an error. Annoyingly, I forgot to check how much was attributed towards standard vs bestseller, but I didn't think it would make a difference now that it's merged. Certainly doesn't appear to get called out on the T&Cs. Might have to do an online chat later to see if it's wrong.

The UK checkout process marks them as separate handling fees. As standard and bestseller are dealt with in separate locations, it makes sense that there are separate handling fees if you place small orders.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

The UK checkout process marks them as separate handling fees. As standard and bestseller are dealt with in separate locations, it makes sense that there are separate handling fees if you place small orders.

I think it may be the handling fee, and it's just labelled as shipping on the order. My spreadsheet shows that I may have only ordered $8 of bestseller parts. Should never do these things in a rush. Oh well. Worth it to get things complete! :laugh:

On 3/20/2023 at 8:55 PM, karrit said:

I never get an e-mail confirming shipment of PAB Standard parts.  Just the e-mail receipt and a notification from my credit card issuer of the charge.  Usually takes a while for it to show up on my USPS informed delivery.  I have one currently showing that USPS is awaiting the package as of 3/18, Lego sent the invoice e-mail on 3/15.

As of this writing, none of my PAB standard orders which should be all 3 of them have yet to pop up on informed delivery, one order was supposedly billed on march 11th and as of today I have not received or got a tracking number, I’m curious to see if people are experience similar delays.  In my previous experience, PAB usually took a week from start to finish and like you mentioned a couple of days in the past when it came to shipping them.  I have no idea what’s been going on with LEGO this year.  

Edited by eldiano

So I've been looking into the delays in delivery of US standard parts. I have three open orders from Feb 5 - Feb 15 that shipped between 22 and 8 days ago, all way outside of the normal delivery window. This is a separate issue than the backlogs we sometimes see on TLG's end (or orders like my Jan 17 order still held up because of a backordered part).

For those who are unaware, standard orders to the US (and most countries) are bulk shipped air freight from Denmark to a single port of entry (in the US this is JFK airport) and clear customs. They are then taken to DHL distribution (in Avenel NJ) where they are broken out into the individual orders and delivered to USPS for delivery (it isn't clear at exactly what point they hand over to USPS, directly from distribution or at a more local level)

According to Lego CS, apparently orders placed between Feb 4 and perhaps as late as around Feb 10 have had their bulk shipments held up in customs. This is a known issue with Lego. They are asking for an extra week of grace time before reshipping any orders (21 business days from shipping vs 14 business days). 

To answer @karrit lego sends the invoice when the order ships (this is because they do not consider the transaction closed until it leaves their possession). So for standard orders when you receive the emailed receipt from legoshop.com that is an accurate indication of the ship date (if you are not receiving these emails you may need to contact CS to make sure they have the correct email address on file, if you ever changed account info this can cause issues with their communications).

Also FYI they can track standard orders to the US, CS seems to be more open to this lately, in the past you would really have to press to get them to do it, some reps simply don't know it is possible.

1 hour ago, Themiddlebrick said:

For those who are unaware, standard orders to the US (and most countries) are bulk shipped air freight from Denmark to a single port of entry (in the US this is JFK airport) and clear customs. They are then taken to DHL distribution (in Avenel NJ) where they are broken out into the individual orders and delivered to USPS for delivery (it isn't clear at exactly what point they hand over to USPS, directly from distribution or at a more local level)

The tracking that I've had for this, shows that DHL hand it over to USPS in their Westborough, MA facility, to delivery to be in Boston (30 miles away). So it would appear to be either regional or local handover and not centrally in NJ.

It may just be me, but sometimes I enjoy this kind of reverse tracking to see how things are done.

I got my order from Feb 17 delivered yesterday.  So seems to be the normal time it usually takes from when I receive the invoice from Lego to actual delivery to me in Colorado for standard PAB orders.

I've really tried to be patient with PAB as it's an amazing service for AFOLs and I don't want to see it go away. But I'm really tired of the crazy delays. You tell me 2 weeks, no problem. You tell me 4 weeks, no problem. You tell me 2 months... well at least it's better than LUGBulk but that's starting to push it. It's now been 2 months and 1 week since I placed my Jan 18th order and it's still marked as In Process. They gave me 500 points for the delay and keep telling me to wait just a little more. I appreciate the CS reps efforts, but at some point you just have to admit the system broke down. The reality is there isn't a better option outside of PAB. Bricklink sellers don't have new parts in large quantities and even if they do the mark-up is crazy. So we're all going to keep coming back to PAB. Just seems like Lego needs to put more man-power behind it to make it work better.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I've really tried to be patient with PAB as it's an amazing service for AFOLs and I don't want to see it go away. But I'm really tired of the crazy delays. You tell me 2 weeks, no problem. You tell me 4 weeks, no problem. You tell me 2 months... well at least it's better than LUGBulk but that's starting to push it. It's now been 2 months and 1 week since I placed my Jan 18th order and it's still marked as In Process. They gave me 500 points for the delay and keep telling me to wait just a little more. I appreciate the CS reps efforts, but at some point you just have to admit the system broke down. The reality is there isn't a better option outside of PAB. Bricklink sellers don't have new parts in large quantities and even if they do the mark-up is crazy. So we're all going to keep coming back to PAB. Just seems like Lego needs to put more man-power behind it to make it work better.

I hear you. I'm also waiting for a Jan 18 order. All because one bracket part was on backorder. I've now called CS about this issue 3 times. The part in question was supposed to be in stock on 3/20. Yesterday they put me on hold for 15 minutes to talk to the billing dept. and "push" the order to the warehouse. It is clear they are dealing with more volume than they can handle. Hopefully they are investing in technology to automate picking the orders because it is kind of a mess. Especially considering their standing as a major multinational (and multibillion) retail corporation. 

Also a measly 500 points? That isn't much in the way of an apology if you ask me.

Sorry if this comes off as entitled, but as someone who has also never had an issue with the long wait of PaB before (I mean wasn't it in 2022 that the wait was around 3-4 months at one point?) TLG has me feeling a bit salty about their quality of service lately.

9 minutes ago, Themiddlebrick said:

I hear you. I'm also waiting for a Jan 18 order. All because one bracket part was on backorder. I've now called CS about this issue 3 times. The part in question was supposed to be in stock on 3/20. Yesterday they put me on hold for 15 minutes to talk to the billing dept. and "push" the order to the warehouse. It is clear they are dealing with more volume than they can handle. Hopefully they are investing in technology to automate picking the orders because it is kind of a mess. Especially considering their standing as a major multinational (and multibillion) retail corporation. 

Also a measly 500 points? That isn't much in the way of an apology if you ask me.

Sorry if this comes off as entitled, but as someone who has also never had an issue with the long wait of PaB before (I mean wasn't it in 2022 that the wait was around 3-4 months at one point?) TLG has me feeling a bit salty about their quality of service lately.

We're paying for a service. Right now they say it could take 40 business days. It's been 50. It's not entitled to ask them to either keep their word or make it right.

There are too many people using it now. I used to get orders in 6-8 days back when I first used it. And those were actual days not working days!