LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

5 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm I'm not going down the rabbit hole of prices again butI can't think of any average sets (Not huge exclusive sets) that aren't cheaper in Europe. 

I hadn’t realised US prices had increased (relative to Europe) but I see that they have.

https://thetoyzone.com/the-countries-that-pay-the-most-and-least-for-lego

Having said that, I’m in the UK, so have limited sympathy. In fact, I’m glad the august pieces haven’t been released, my wallet could take the strain!

On 12/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, Maple said:

How about orders placed before Halloween? Any promise they will show up before the new year? :hmpf:

My order from 18 October is still in warehouse.

On a cool note, my order from Nov 14th, with standard parts, arrived today Dec 7th. (In US)

Oddly enough, the Nov 12th order has yet to arrive, but is shipped. Nov 15 order is also shipped and will hopefully arrive soon. And Nov 16th order is still in warehouse. Odd.

(I placed a bunch of orders as parts became available last month.)

Edited by Happy_Lego_Guy

7 hours ago, Grover said:

I have an order from 7 october, also still in warehouse..
Wrote them yesterday, to ask whats up, and if it will get sent this year, no response yet tho..

16 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

I hadn’t realised US prices had increased (relative to Europe) but I see that they have.

https://thetoyzone.com/the-countries-that-pay-the-most-and-least-for-lego

Having said that, I’m in the UK, so have limited sympathy. In fact, I’m glad the august pieces haven’t been released, my wallet could take the strain!

That methodology is a bit shady. Just look at the price of the Disney Castle, 100 in Canada vs 350 in the US, this is no way a realistic difference and simply indicates a big sale at the time the survey was done. But such a price difference seriously impacts the average that's only computed on 8 sets.

When Jangbricks was still displaying prices, it was pretty clear that street prices were significantly lower in the US. But it's also clear that street price means nothing in Europe, that it only applies to toy stores and that -30% is standard on Europe's Amazon.
It was also rather normal for prices to be lower in the US if you account for Europe's 20% VAT. But it would also sound normal for US prices to have increased along with the euro dropping by 20%, since Lego is european.

It says Belgium is supposed to have the best prices, that's not the truth (I'm Belgian) since I buy a lot and I generally buy on the german Amazon where it's the cheapest (& it's cheap in germany because they have to compete with Playmobil). But I understand why it would appear the cheapest in Belgium at one specific time, because of one shop named Dreamland that sometimes has really serious sales, and probably had one at the time of the survey.

Edited by anothergol

43 minutes ago, anothergol said:

That methodology is a bit shady. Just look at the price of the Disney Castle, 100 in Canada vs 350 in the US, this is no way a realistic difference and simply indicates a big sale at the time the survey was done. But such a price difference seriously impacts the average that's only computed on 8 sets.

When Jangbricks was still displaying prices, it was pretty clear that street prices were significantly lower in the US. But it's also clear that street price means nothing in Europe, that it only applies to toy stores and that -30% is standard on Europe's Amazon.
It was also rather normal for prices to be lower in the US if you account for Europe's 20% VAT. But it would also sound normal for US prices to have increased along with the euro dropping by 20%, since Lego is european.

It says Belgium is supposed to have the best prices, that's not the truth (I'm Belgian) since I buy a lot and I generally buy on the german Amazon where it's the cheapest (& it's cheap in germany because they have to compete with Playmobil). But I understand why it would appear the cheapest in Belgium at one specific time, because of one shop named Dreamland that sometimes has really serious sales, and probably had one at the time of the survey.

Not to mention Dreamland has stopped most of those sales as of this year. 

11 hours ago, Grover said:

My October 28th order is also still in warehouse...  Bit strange to be honest, I saw other, later, standard orders from people nearby already arrive. 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:46 PM, betaplayer said:

Not to mention Dreamland has stopped most of those sales as of this year.  

What do you mean?
They had pretty good prices very recently. I got the AT-AT for 560, it has never reached this price anywhere else.

I just keep seeing the number of available bricks from the 12220 drop all the way down to 11,950 😭

My first Pick a Brick order came! I placed this about a month ago, which isn't too bad timewise for Australia. I'm glad I spent the time looking up some picture-less parts, and found that the book-exclusive Percy Weasley hair and orange airtanks were available.

PXL_20221212_095706507.thumb.jpg.ddf040a337a61a4f9245fa860fccaedb.jpg

So my order from November first, not October 31st like I thought, still no where to be seen. But this new system is sooooo much better. :sadnew:

On 12/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, Clone OPatra said:

My first Pick a Brick order came! I placed this about a month ago, which isn't too bad timewise for Australia. I'm glad I spent the time looking up some picture-less parts, and found that the book-exclusive Percy Weasley hair and orange airtanks were available.

PXL_20221212_095706507.thumb.jpg.ddf040a337a61a4f9245fa860fccaedb.jpg

Nice score! What is the green castle looking torso from? Third in, top row

still waiting for my 1st Nov order, supposed to be shipped around 15~17 NOV ... time to call customer service to follow up i guess.

5 hours ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Nice score! What is the green castle looking torso from? Third in, top row

And if you meant third in from the outside (the white one with some sand green down the centre which also looks medieval-y), it's from 80037 Dragon of the East. Here's the part and the set.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, Pchan1983 said:

still waiting for my 1st Nov order, supposed to be shipped around 15~17 NOV ... time to call customer service to follow up i guess.

Did you ever call? I just noticed they actually charged me for my order from Nov 1st. That seems wrong to me.

3 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

It arrived before I call, the courier arrived like 730pm on a Saturday!!!

here is my latest order! Lego also sent DUPLO I didn’t order ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmSA7_ZhFwk/?igshid=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

I'll send them an email. Last time they screwed up the VIP thing (which is really stupid) but gave me a refund and 2000 points. 
Is that a Duplo car base? That's really funny as that's a huge piece.

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

It arrived before I call, the courier arrived like 730pm on a Saturday!!!

here is my latest order! Lego also sent DUPLO I didn’t order ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmSA7_ZhFwk/?igshid=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

Nice haul!

What's that head with round sunglasses and stubble, and what's the black hairpiece near the lambs?

4 hours ago, Maple said:

Is that a Duplo car base? That's really funny as that's a huge piece.

yes, 2 big DUPLO car bases plus a chicken.   

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

What's that head with round sunglasses and stubble, and what's the black hairpiece near the lambs?

the head is from one of the stuntz biker. really cool head.

the black hair piece is the black version of Doc Brown hair.

Once a piece is out of they haven’t brought them back, I see that number of available shrinks since early December, Lego is playing it safe! 

as a matter of fact they didn’t send me my forestmen shields and lo and behold they “sent” replacements but it’s been a month and half already 😔 not holding out hope anymore

It's a Festivus Miracle! My November 1st order has finally shipped! Now just another 6-8 weeks for it to arrive.