LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It is in the UK. Multiple other reports too, so presumably worldwide. You can easily check by logging on to the lego site.

There is no notice displaying for the US site as of now

pickabrick.jpg

According to what I have read elsewhere, Standard parts ordering is paused for everywhere except North America (i.e. the places that get their bestseller from the US instead of Poland) and will return in January (parts from the August sets will be released in January as well). Orders placed before the pause are apparently going to continue to be processed and shipped as normal. Apparently the pause is to reduce demand over the xmas period (when they will see increased demand for replacement parts) and something to do with changes in their Poland factory although exact details aren't known.

Parts that are out-of-stock will not display at all right now so if the high-demand stuff like forrestmen or vikings or farm animals isn't showing up even for the US then that doesn't mean its totally retired.

I just placed an order for both standard and best sellers and it went through. I'm in US. So who knows. But since they always pause it this time of year, it doesn't surprise me.

I have some standard parts in my basket and they still show.  I might try checking out in a few days.

Weird that standard is still open for the US but nowhere else, given that standard all comes from the same place. But if it's just an issue of cutting down on workload/orders, it does make sense to keep some markets open and not others.

Now I feel good that I didn't redeem any Black Friday VIP vouchers, since I very likely wouldn't have been able to use them on PaB within 60 days!

Meanwhile Ali is gonna get my money that Lego doesn't seem to want
(well not really, I bought a lot of Lego on black friday, but I should start thinking about boycotting them entirely, it's insulting what they've been doing this year)

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

New wording for the US:

image.thumb.png.b122fc4d4bd69ed0cf2889f32c7b3d22.png

Can still see Standard parts though:

image.thumb.png.1f40db1831cbe9a7fef70f6be089083d.png

I saw that a day or two ago. I thought it was new. Thanks for confirming that.

Standard part orders already take so long that I wouldn’t expect anything I order from now on to be here by Christmas anyway.  So changed language isn’t that significant.  Appears they are not shutting down here (North America) at least.  The only thing different so far is not being able to see out of stock items.  And my only question is if they are not shutting down is there any hope of adding new parts or at least restocking some before January?

I have confirmation from LEGO Customer Service that my standard parts order placed on 23/11 (for shipment to Australia) is still being processed and will ship as per normal and isn't impacted by the pause. So that's good.

The bestseller parts from that same order have apparently shipped (I have notification of them shipping as well as the VIP points from them) but the tracking number isn't working yet for whatever reason.

Edited by jonwil

So many hair pieces available for purchase on PAB. You know which piece I wish they would add? M’Baku’s. I need his hair for my Lego Blade figure as I feel its the best choice but I don’t want to have to buy an $80 set for it and even if I did I would probably not want M’Baku walking around bald without it. So I hope eventually his hair piece becomes available for purchase because I’m sure many others would also be excited to get to buy it.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, MKJoshA said:

New wording for the US:

image.thumb.png.b122fc4d4bd69ed0cf2889f32c7b3d22.png

Can still see Standard parts though:

image.thumb.png.1f40db1831cbe9a7fef70f6be089083d.png

How about orders placed before Halloween? Any promise they will show up before the new year? :hmpf:

48 minutes ago, Maple said:

How about orders placed before Halloween? Any promise they will show up before the new year? :hmpf:

I placed orders including best-selling and standard parts mid-November (14-17), and I think all but one have shipped. I'm hoping to see them by sometime next week. I don't think tracking has updated on them, but I'll check later.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

I sure hope so! I placed 2 orders, one on the 14th and one on the 15th. The 15th has shipped but the 14th has not yet.

I felt like I was forgetting something all week, it was I didn't order the calves! They were in stock for once when I looked and only like $2.xx. I could have bought 20 of them and gotten the two GWP. Now they are completely gone.

It seems like we won’t get any august pieces this month, so far it’s been two weeks since Lego released that black inverted slope piece, at this rate who knows, I feel they are avoiding the upcoming holiday rush 😭

15 hours ago, eldiano said:

It seems like we won’t get any august pieces this month, so far it’s been two weeks since Lego released that black inverted slope piece, at this rate who knows, I feel they are avoiding the upcoming holiday rush 😭

The service is x-mas closed in most of the world so no reason why they should add new parts then until they open again.

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

LEGO have said that August parts will come in January.

This is most likely yes, but have you seen a conformation from Lego?

They should add the pieces. That way the USA gets them first. It would almost (not really) make up for the outrageous price differences between the USA and Europe on many sets. :tongue:

9 hours ago, Maple said:

They should add the pieces. That way the USA gets them first. It would almost (not really) make up for the outrageous price differences between the USA and Europe on many sets. :tongue:

I don’t think any of the crap being talked about as far as PAB is concerned applies to North America.  At least I haven’t noticed it so far.  Standard parts still available to order.  In fact, just recently they added plain green legs for the forestmen. While not a “new” part, this part has not been available for almost a year since they changed everything.  And just added it in December when supposedly they aren’t adding anything.  And although they first uploaded it as a bestseller it was quickly changed to a standard part and I had put it back in my cart as such.  So that is one example at least of adding a “new” standard part in December.  So not giving up hope that more August set parts might be uploaded in December in North America.

20 hours ago, Maple said:

Outrageous pricing goes both ways. There are some and you think how can they justify such a high US price, but others where the European prices are way out of line with the US ones. I think some sets are priced ready to discount.

The pricing on PAB tends to be somwehat clearer though. There are sometimes outliers, but many parts tend to be priced with very similar exchange rates.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Outrageous pricing goes both ways. There are some and you think how can they justify such a high US price, but others where the European prices are way out of line with the US ones. I think some sets are priced ready to discount.

The pricing on PAB tends to be somwehat clearer though. There are sometimes outliers, but many parts tend to be priced with very similar exchange rates.

I'm I'm not going down the rabbit hole of prices again butI can't think of any average sets (Not huge exclusive sets) that aren't cheaper in Europe.