LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

44 minutes ago, Maple said:

What are the two steps forwards.
It's been 10 steps back. That's it. It's a mess. It has been all year. Not a single change LEGO made has been for the better when it comes to PAB or B&P.

You're wrong, we have an amazing search function that means we can now search not only by sets but by colour, category etc. You should chill out a bit.

Yes parts are disappearing from the system but those are parts that are being retired for whatever reason and would likely not have been available under the old system either (just without it being as easy to tell what went MIA as it is now)

I can confirm the US finally has parts through March of 2022. Now we just need them to start adding more months.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

and 3.Countries that have all the new parts

Belgium 13478

Switzerland 13478

Czech Republic 13478

Spain 13478

Ireland 13478

Italy 13478

Lithuania 13478

Luxembourg 13478

Norway 13478

Portugal 13478

USA 13475

New Zealand 13478

For once Norway is in the right group :pir-triumph:

8 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Now we just need them to start adding more months

Yes, I am waiting for the June animals :sweet: Since they now have more or less the same parts as before they removed the 2022 parts, new ones should be next in line right:excited:

6 hours ago, Maple said:

What are the two steps forwards.
It's been 10 steps back. That's it. It's a mess. It has been all year. Not a single change LEGO made has been for the better when it comes to PAB or B&P.

Except for new parts being late to arrive almost everything is better. Top of my head, I can't think of anything that is worse. 

- Search is better

- Search now supports multiple element id's so it's super quick to search for items from my wishlist in a single search

- You can select to show 400 elements per page now, instead of the endless "show more" clicks

- It is easier to browse by category

- It is easier to browse by color

- Cart works better, no more nuked carts

- BAP now qualifies for GWPs

Canada now has 13475 parts, Estonia has 12443 and the other 4 countries still haven't changed.

Also no parts from April or May have landed yet so those will presumably be the next to land.

Edited by jonwil

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Except for new parts being late to arrive almost everything is better. Top of my head, I can't think of anything that is worse.

Really? What about the 9 eur handling fees, that are hard to avoid because you can't fully use B&P now, you are forced to use PAB in disguise ("best sellers")? You cannot order all of your parts from one single place anymore, that "best sellers" thing is just stupid. PAB should have merged with B&P, and they did the total opposite of that. They're now more separated than ever, only they're now using the same GUI and Lego pretended they've been merged.

As for searching, B&P used to suck, it still does, but it doesn't matter, we've never asked for/expected B&P to be good at that. Bricklink, Brickset, Bricker and New Elementery were and will always be the perfect companions to B&P. B&P is full of unlisted parts & parts only listed under one of the various design IDs. B&P isn't designed to be used alone, that hasn't changed and that has never really been a problem.

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

BAP now qualifies for GWPs

that's pretty much the only thing that has improved

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

Checking various countries I see the following parts counts: (with "out of stock" turned on)

meanwhile when you buy in China, everyone has the same choice

11 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Really? What about the 9 eur handling fees, that are hard to avoid because you can't fully use B&P now, you are forced to use PAB in disguise ("best sellers")? You cannot order all of your parts from one single place anymore, that "best sellers" thing is just stupid. PAB should have merged with B&P, and they did the total opposite of that. They're now more separated than ever, only they're now using the same GUI and Lego pretended they've been merged.

As for searching, B&P used to suck, it still does, but it doesn't matter, we've never asked for/expected B&P to be good at that. Bricklink, Brickset, Bricker and New Elementery were and will always be the perfect companions to B&P. B&P is full of unlisted parts & parts only listed under one of the various design IDs. B&P isn't designed to be used alone, that hasn't changed and that has never really been a problem.

meanwhile when you buy in China, everyone has the same choice

I have no problem avoiding the fee, the 12 Euro limit to avoid fees is pretty low in my opinion. To get a 9 eur fee you need to fail to buy 12 eur worth of bricks from either.

I don't see the problem with some parts arriving quicker if you order both bestseller and standard?

I disagree about the search, it is much better now. If you prefer other sites for searching for items you want to buy, fine - that doesn't mean that the new BAP has not improved by quite a lot.

If you prefer to buy stuff from China, go ahead - BAP does not prevent you from doing that.

Yeah the thresholds to avoid the handling fees are quite low. 12€ in Europe, $19 here in Australia. That's a very easy threshold to make.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Canada now has 13475 parts, Estonia has 12443 and the other 4 countries still haven't changed.

Also no parts from April or May have landed yet so those will presumably be the next to land.

Oh cool!!!! *runs on the website to order:)

6 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I have no problem avoiding the fee, the 12 Euro limit to avoid fees is pretty low in my opinion. To get a 9 eur fee you need to fail to buy 12 eur worth of bricks from either.

mmh no, you'll get a fee if you fail to buy for 24eur in the very best case. But that's really in the very best case, because most likely you'll have for like 30eur of parts and still a fee because you only ordered 2 "best seller" parts.

I used to place an order each month for the new parts, for around 20-30 bucks. Most likely this would now add one (if not two) fee, AND I'll get my order mailed in 2 parts. It's more costly and less green (not even counting the letters they will mail again for the missing parts, because they have no system to postpone unimportant missing parts to future orders), I fail to see what's better here. It's only better for Lego.

I disagree about the search, it is much better now. If you prefer other sites for searching for items you want to buy, fine - that doesn't mean that the new BAP has not improved by quite a lot.

You still need Bricklink/Brickset or other sources anyway. Please don't pretend you don't.

Let's say I need part 24246, that's a pretty common 1x1 "half circle" tile. Searching for that in B&P will display nothing (in the old B&P it would have, but only some colors). Can I search "1x1 tile", or "half circle"? No, B&P won't display anything related. Say that by luck it's its new ID 35399 that I know, I'm still screwed because I need it in trans blue and that's yet another ID. Really, B&P isn't designed to search for parts, and that's fine, because we have better tools for that.

If you prefer to buy stuff from China, go ahead - BAP does not prevent you from doing that. 

oh I do. I already did, for the many recolors that Lego doesn't have. Only since the new B&P debacle I'm now also getting colors that Lego does have, in China. And they're not even cheaper, quite often they're more expensive. But I get what I ask (with mistakes, as much as with Lego, BL or any other source), no stupid fees, and it doesn't take 3 months (how amazing is it that it takes less time to come from China). They also won't change the pricing behind my back, and in the case of missing parts I can still get a refund or the parts sent in my next order.

Talking about the half circle tile again, Lego just has produced them in dark bluish grey, in the large castle set. It's safe to say that we won't be able to buy them directly from Lego for the next several months (except some BL sellers apparently found a way to, as they're listing thousands). Well that doesn't matter, I already had them, bought them years ago as "recolors that Lego doesn't have". And now that I need more, if Lego doesn't wanna sell me legit ones, I know where to find ones that will do.

Edited by anothergol

16 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

- Search now supports multiple element id's so it's super quick to search for items from my wishlist in a single search

That is amazing - didn't realise you could do that until now - thanks for that tip.

This is now the biggest benefit to me - just putting my entire wishlist into the search box and it all coming up at once (well apart from the fact they are too new to appear) will save so much time. I did notice you need to be careful not to include a set number in there though - not sure how many (if any) set numbers correspond to element numbers though. Turns out I had one set number in my list to find a part I didn't write the element id down for.

7 hours ago, anothergol said:

mmh no, you'll get a fee if you fail to buy for 24eur in the very best case. But that's really in the very best case, because most likely you'll have for like 30eur of parts and still a fee because you only ordered 2 "best seller" parts.

I used to place an order each month for the new parts, for around 20-30 bucks. Most likely this would now add one (if not two) fee, AND I'll get my order mailed in 2 parts. It's more costly and less green (not even counting the letters they will mail again for the missing parts, because they have no system to postpone unimportant missing parts to future orders), I fail to see what's better here. It's only better for Lego.

You still need Bricklink/Brickset or other sources anyway. Please don't pretend you don't.

Circumstances are different around the place. We have always had a $149 minimum order in Aust so when doing a PAB/BAP order ordering the $19 minimum seems like nothing when we need to order 7.5 times that to hit free shipping. Considering the items are bestsellers they will likely be around so you could just order them less often to hit that threshold and just get standard, or do what you do and get them elsewhere.

I don't really see the problem with Lego not sending this stuff out for free which was essentially what was happening before for some orders where people - myself included - would order a 1 or 2 c part from the old PaB system, and the rest from BaP and stick Lego with the bill to post the PaB. Yes different warehouses is annoying but unfortunately I understand the logic behind it from Lego. I live somewhere where all postage costs and minimum delivery costs are high though, so I am much more resilient to high charges around this sort of thing. In my experience these charges are not that bad compared to what other companies charge down here.

Also we always needed Bricklink/Brickset before as well so that hasn't changed with the new system (apart from this current wait on new parts).

8 hours ago, anothergol said:

Let's say I need part 24246, that's a pretty common 1x1 "half circle" tile. Searching for that in B&P will display nothing (in the old B&P it would have, but only some colors). Can I search "1x1 tile", or "half circle"? No, B&P won't display anything related. Say that by luck it's its new ID 35399 that I know, I'm still screwed because I need it in trans blue and that's yet another ID. Really, B&P isn't designed to search for parts, and that's fine, because we have better tools for that.

I searched half circle in PaB and then selected trans light blue and the half circle in trans light blue came up - maybe the search is different in Belgium - it does seem there are some differences in site functionality across the regions. You did say trans blue which I couldn't find on Bricklink either, so if the problem there is you want to buy a piece that Lego don't make, then yes -  your solution is buy from another company which you were already doing - so that is not a new thing.

As a novice I found old B&P unsearchable. I used to go to Bricklink, search the piece, find a set it was in, go to old B&P, search the set, find the piece, use the id to find others the same. I couldn't find an easier way to use that search system. I must admit I wouldn't have known the old element ids which you are using though, so yeah - Lego changing ids does suck if you learned the old ones.

I have also used the category/sub category on new PaB to refine things down which worked well for me. I do find this new system much easier to use.

8 hours ago, anothergol said:

Talking about the half circle tile again, Lego just has produced them in dark bluish grey, in the large castle set. It's safe to say that we won't be able to buy them directly from Lego for the next several months (except some BL sellers apparently found a way to, as they're listing thousands). Well that doesn't matter, I already had them, bought them years ago as "recolors that Lego doesn't have". And now that I need more, if Lego doesn't wanna sell me legit ones, I know where to find ones that will do.

I agree that having to wait for these pieces is really annoying - I am hoping over time it will improve but not holding my breath. Fortunately I have only just started building MOCs so this is not a huge issue for me yet. I can certainly see it becoming an issue for me in the future.

As a novice this system seems much superior to the old system. Parts not being available straight away is the only issues I have - although thinking about it the new parts I wanted to buy (e.g. animals, minifig parts) would always go out of stock as soon as they released so the only change there has been how long I need to wait before I see everyone else buy them before I can.

17 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

- Search is better

- You can select to show 400 elements per page now, instead of the endless "show more" clicks

- It is easier to browse by category

- It is easier to browse by color

- Cart works better, no more nuked carts

- BAP now qualifies for GWPs

Those are so incredible minor things, more so because LEGO still won't give us all the new pieces.

I rather have the pieces and the system Bricks and Pieces gave us than the new system and less pieces.

12 hours ago, anothergol said:

I think something got lost in translation there, that's what I said, to get a double fee both standard and bestseller needs to be below 12 EUR.

I made no such claim and I'm not pretending anything, did you really read what I wrote? 

"I disagree about the search, it is much better now. If you prefer other sites for searching for items you want to buy, fine - that doesn't mean that the new BAP has not improved by quite a lot."

What you can do with the new improvements in BAP is to set your page size to 400, and then select subcategory "Plates, Round & Angles" and you will find your half circles both solid, transparent and printed variations quite easily. Much better than the old B&P. You could also first search for "circle" and then select the subcategory to get a shorter list. 

The subcategories are great, I use them all time. 

You can also filter all available parts by color, much better than the old B&P.

The #1 best new search feature is the multi-element search. I use a Google sheet to take note of elements I need /want. I have a formula in one cell to show the image based on element id, and a link is generated to the new BAP search that search for all elements that are available from that list. For example:

https://www.lego.com/nb-no/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6250597+6251070+6378417&page=1&perPage=200&includeOutOfStock=true

4 hours ago, timemail said:

Fortunately I have only just started building MOCs

Mmmh but what were you placing large orders for so far then?

To me, MOCing, especially small or medium-sized models, means having to very frequently place small (<20 bucks) orders. There's always 3 little parts that you need & require 3 orders in 3 different shops, and while you're waiting for them you improve your MOC and already have to place new small orders. (well that's when you do it digitally I guess, otherwise you just "do with what you have")

Since covid, Bricklink isn't ideal for small orders anymore, as shipping prices have skyrocketted. Now B&P isn't ideal anymore either (but orders were taking 3 months to arrive anyway). It sucks that the best (& fastest) way today is to get things shipped from 8000km away.

11 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

What you can do with the new improvements in BAP is to set your page size to 400, and then select subcategory "Plates, Round & Angles" and you will find your half circles both solid, transparent and printed variations quite easily. Much better than the old B&P. You could also first search for "circle" and then select the subcategory to get a shorter list. 

Yeah, I get it that it's "much better", but all it means is "it sucks less".

It's not good, there's no point in using it, doesn't matter if it sucks a bit less now. When you don't know the ID of the part, if search "half circle tile" in B&P you find nothing related. It appears on page 4. Who reads page 4 on Google? No one. Meanwhile "half circle tile" in Bricklink gives you the part immediately.
But generally you do know the ID, when you're a MOCer and you're using the part digitally. Except, as I said, it's most likely be an older ID that won't be found in B&P.

I don't see the point of praising the search because it sucks less, it still sucks, and no one even asked for an improvement here. God knows why Lego didn't ditch this thing completely and opened their own official Bricklink store. What was the point of buying Bricklink? [yeah we all know why, they wanted to make sure Bricklink would always be limited to official Lego, which they immediately proved]

I'm sure that "multi-element search" is useful to some, personally I'm never gonna use that.
But hey, here's an improvement: it seems to bug a lot less. You don't browse for parts in fear of going back in your browser and completely losing your cart anymore. But they had fixed the old P&B anyway, so that's not even "new".

Edited by anothergol

4 hours ago, timemail said:

This is now the biggest benefit to me - just putting my entire wishlist into the search box and it all coming up at once (well apart from the fact they are too new to appear) will save so much time. I did notice you need to be careful not to include a set number in there though - not sure how many (if any) set numbers correspond to element numbers though. Turns out I had one set number in my list to find a part I didn't write the element id down for.

I recommend using a Google Sheet or other spreadsheet to keep track of your wishlist, you can then use a formula to generate the link for you, as well as pull in images to show the elements directly in your spreadsheet.

10 minutes ago, anothergol said:

I don't see the point of praising the search because it sucks less, it still sucks, and no one even asked for an improvement here. 

I don't see the point of denying the existence of improvements even if things can be improved further.

For my use it is way better than the old B&P, so it deserves the praise. And it's not just the search, also the other things I mentioned in my earlier post.

9 hours ago, anothergol said:

Mmmh but what were you placing large orders for so far then?

To me, MOCing, especially small or medium-sized models, means having to very frequently place small (<20 bucks) orders. There's always 3 little parts that you need & require 3 orders in 3 different shops, and while you're waiting for them you improve your MOC and already have to place new small orders. (well that's when you do it digitally I guess, otherwise you just "do with what you have")

Since covid, Bricklink isn't ideal for small orders anymore, as shipping prices have skyrocketted. Now B&P isn't ideal anymore either (but orders were taking 3 months to arrive anyway). It sucks that the best (& fastest) way today is to get things shipped from 8000km away.

Mostly minifig parts and animals, along with select bricks with the intention of creating castle MOCs in the future. I am new to Lego so coming from a different place to you. Since I have so little Lego there is no problem for me to order a few extra of things as I know I will use them in the future. When I started using the system I was quite shocked at the fact I could order a single brick, pay no extra postage, and someone would pick and post that one brick out to me without holding everything else up, and at no extra cost. It really didn't look like a sustainable system to me.

My point is more that the IT system associated with it seems much better. I can see that the parts side of things is worse, and to be honest that is the key part of the system so I would agree that overall we are worse off now than before, but I am holding some hope that will improve in the future as we can see improvements are now being made to that end with new parts being added. A long term sustainable system may come at extra cost to us as consumers, but to be honest it is expected from all companies and I think that we had it too good to start off with. The fact it was such a good system for consumers before is what likely led to it needing to be redone. Not a fan of a lot of the price increases on some of the items though - they do seem excessive for some.

9 hours ago, anothergol said:

It's not good, there's no point in using it, doesn't matter if it sucks a bit less now. When you don't know the ID of the part, if search "half circle tile" in B&P you find nothing related. It appears on page 4. Who reads page 4 on Google? No one. Meanwhile "half circle tile" in Bricklink gives you the part immediately.

I tried searching on the Belgium English and Belgium French site and searching for "half circle" brought that part (in solid colour) up on the first page (20 per page) with the ability to filter to get transparent versions using the filters. "Half circle tile" also brought it up, but the addition of the word "tile" adds additional results. Each extra word will give more results so maybe searching with less words will make it easier to find the bricks you are after (certainly the wrong word will get you nothing though and I tried other languages than English and got nothing). i.e. the search is showing results for each word, not the combination of words and I couldn't figure a way to include an AND statement to just find things that had both half AND circle which would filter it more.

8 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I recommend using a Google Sheet or other spreadsheet to keep track of your wishlist, you can then use a formula to generate the link for you, as well as pull in images to show the elements directly in your spreadsheet.

Hope you don't mind I sent you a pm. I do record my wanted pieces on a spreadsheet but would love to see a spreadsheet with the links including images so I can just copy it. Not hugely tech literate but could likely copy the links to get it working on my end.

1 minute ago, timemail said:

"Half circle tile" also brought it up, but the addition of the word "tile" adds additional results.

Yeah, who'd think that being more precise about what you're searching pushes the only matching part to page 4..

Even "tile" alone ALWAYS results in the inverted slope brick as #1, purely because it has "roof tile" in its name. Everyone knows what a "Lego tile" is, and no one is searching for that brick using "tile" as a name.
This thing was clearly not designed to be used (but again, it doesn't matter). For it to be usable, parts would have had to have a second, meaningful name, or be assigned keywords. Searching by their official Lego name is pointless.

https://www.lego.com/nb-no/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6250597+6251070+6378417&amp;page=1&amp;perPage=200&amp;includeOutOfStock=true

@LegoFjotten This is genius!! Many thanks for sharing!

For non-techies. The above selects your full shoping list in the shop, ready for adding to your basket how many of each you want. So by writting something similar and pasting it into your browser's search bar you could have a great shopping experience.

Just change the "/nb-no/" with what you see when accessing to "your" shop and just -manually or using a spreadsheet- write the parts ID you want after "query=" joining each with "+" signs . If you are searching for A LOT you might want as well to change the "perPage=200" by "perPage=400" but I am not sure about the limit of chars when querying (I mean how many consecutive IDs can be written and digested by the page)

@timemail

Sorry for jumping in, and I'm guessing here, but all images probably has the same path regardless of the country:

https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/element.img.lod5photo.192x192/_ELEMENT ID HERE_.jpg

so with IDs listed in a spreashsheet it is quite straightforward to build the link to the .jpg using standard text functions. Depending on the program settings (excel, numbers, spreadsheets...) it will directly display the image.

Back in the discussion, for me:

- the interface is obviously better than before

- the thresholds are worst for my old habits, but I can adapt to the new ones

- the part selection is as good as just before the change (we are in March again!) and I believe in Lego claims about including more and more parts. The long wait doesn't bothers me

I will love when the discussion comes back to normal with everybody sharing interesting parts spotted in the shop

Edited by bitbamboo

42 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:
- the part selection is as good as just before the change (we are in March again!)

One thing that is missing that was there before is all the colours of mid-legs, such as those from the 4+ Spidey sets. I bought all of the colours back before the changeover, but they're not there now, at least not when I search the sets in which they appear.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:54 PM, LegoFjotten said:

There are two big things that are worse - it is easier to search and better advertised. This means people can find it and use it. Which ultimately means that it is not as easy for someone that knows how to use it to buy in-demand parts and charge high prices for them on bricklink! :-)

Hey guys and gals, 

I just experienced the confusing moment today. I just got a package that I didn’t order and it’s the exactly SAME parts I ordered off PAB one month ago (I already got the first package about two weeks ago). Did it happen to you?

Also, interestingly, I noticed the sealed plastic bag instead of  zipzac bag. When I said sealed, I mean NO zipzac. Is it new?

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey guys and gals, 

I just experienced the confusing moment today. I just got a package that I didn’t order and it’s the exactly SAME parts I ordered off PAB one month ago (I already got the first package about two weeks ago). Did it happen to you?

Also, interestingly, I noticed the sealed plastic bag instead of  zipzac bag. When I said sealed, I mean NO zipzac. Is it new?

Free LEGO? It's a blessing, a blessing from our plastic overlord! Praise be to LEGO!

(Now I want free Lego, too...)

3 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:
7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey guys and gals, 

I’m confused by the fact that rather Lego letting us reuse the old school pick a brick bags that re seal we get one time use bags, so much for the environment though.

this happens more often than you think were they send out duplicate orders, if you call in and play the nice customer they will tell you to keep it anyways.  

It’s an honest mistake but luckily for me it has happened on my minifigure orders from pick a brick and huge brick orders in the past.  

All countries that have PaB now have 2022 parts (including Estonia, Hungry, Latvia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Canada)

Austria and Australia now have whatever the latest batch of parts is (March stuff or whatever).

Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, UK, Greece, Netherlands, Poland and Sweden are missing that latest batch of parts.