LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I'm confused, weren't they supposed to release parts to the site 3 months after release? Even all the non-licensed stuff from like April is still not there...

6 minutes ago, Chopper Bricks said:

I'm confused, weren't they supposed to release parts to the site 3 months after release? Even all the non-licensed stuff from like April is still not there...

I think that was a rumor not a actual statement from Lego :sceptic:

I sent a mail to CS last week asking for the farm animals in set 60346, they did not know, but noted that the animals were asked after a lot so was sending the request higher up in the system to highlight the demand for them.
So I would recommend everyone to send a mail or make a call to CS asking for animals or other 2022 parts and when they are coming for sale on the Pick a brick siteĀ :devil:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So I would recommend everyone to send a mail or make a call to CS asking for animals or other 2022 parts and when they are coming for sale on the Pick a brick siteĀ :devil:

This might also give them a good indication as to why animals should not be on PAB, or animal prices should be increased further to help set sales.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I sent a mail to CS last week asking for the farm animals in set 60346, they did not know, but noted that the animals were asked after a lot so was sending the request higher up in the system to highlight the demand for them.

Why did you assume itā€™s rumors? I did call the rep from customer service and they said itā€™s 3 months before they can release the parts on the PaB. Ā So it kinda not making sense that they donā€™t know when the parts would be released if they were told it was 3 months to release?

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why did you assume itā€™s rumors? I did call the rep from customer service and they said itā€™s 3 months before they can release the parts on the PaB. Ā So it kinda not making sense that they donā€™t know when the parts would be released if they were told it was 3 months to release?

There have been several reports of people saying CS reps are stating a delay of three months, but very few of the 2022 parts are on the service, and it's August.Ā I can't find it now, but there was an article somewhere saying that LEGO had made a statement though LAN that they hadn't decided on their policy for releasing new parts yet, suggesting that we don't really know when (or even if) new parts will be available. It's all very murky though. No concrete information.

The way I see it, the new parts service of the old B&P is dead, until proven otherwise. Even some stuff from January 2022 still isn't there the last time I checked, and here we are in August. It's sad, but less disappointing to come to terms with it now than keep hanging off of the "rumours" of a three month delay that haven't come to fruition.

LEGO sort of worked on me - I bought the farm set since I didn't want to miss out on all the animals, but I still can't get wooly coats for all my sheeples, and I'm not going to buy ALL the City sets just to get some desirable parts, but oh well.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The way I see it, the new parts service of the old B&P is dead, until proven otherwise. Even some stuff from January 2022 still isn't there the last time I checked, and here we are in August. It's sad, but less disappointing to come to terms with it now than keep hanging off of the "rumours" of a three month delay that haven't come to fruition.

LEGO sort of worked on me - I bought the farm set since I didn't want to miss out on all the animals, but I still can't get wooly coats for all my sheeples, and I'm not going to buy ALL the City sets just to get some desirable parts, but oh well.

I loved the fact that I could buy parts of new sets so I can add on and make more mini modular sets that way, Last time I purchased items was close to before the overhaul but still, I have no clue what they are doing in terms of parts, maybe because of shortages but we will see.Ā Ā 

10 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

There have been several reports of people saying CS reps are stating a delay of three months, but very few of the 2022 parts are on the service, and it's August.Ā I can't find it now, but there was an article somewhere saying that LEGO had made a statement though LAN that they hadn't decided on their policy for releasing new parts yet, suggesting that we don't really know when (or even if) new parts will be available. It's all very murky though. No concrete information.

I remember reading this too

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Ah ok thanks for the update!

By the way, what is LAN?

36 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah ok thanks for the update!

By the way, what is LAN?

LEGO Ambassador Network. The group of LEGO fan media, bloggers, vloggers etc who get sets from LEGO to review and inside news to share with their communities.

I am finding myself saving tons of money since the current pieces are gone. :/

But i notice that its not making me buy more sets. So they lost some 500-600$ a month from me. I must not be the only one.Ā 

i do hope current pieces come to the new system but if they donā€™t well iā€™ll just spend less on lego.Ā 

i mean i miss ordering these parts but i also realise that i kinda moved on.

but i want 1x2 in vibrant yellow to be available again:)

1 minute ago, Megbricks said:

But i notice that its not making me buy more sets. So they lost some 500-600$ a month from me. I must not be the only one.Ā 

i do hope current pieces come to the new system but if they donā€™t well iā€™ll just spend less on lego.Ā 

You are not the only one, Iā€™m shocked at how many VIP points I racked up from buying BaP on impulses buys for my mods, you are right they are losing money on me that way but their loss not mine, they rather raise prices on other stuff šŸ«£

21 hours ago, MAB said:

This might also give them a good indication as to why animals should not be on PAB, or animal prices should be increased further to help set sales.

I think they have clear numbers of which pars sell the most anyway :hmpf:

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

CS employees are hired because they can handle customers in a nice way not because they are Lego experts, so everything they say must be taken with a pinch of salt and nothing close to a official TLG statement. Maybe they got the preliminary massage that it would take 3 months or maybe it said 3 months when they checked the program they are using for ordering parts. Anyway it did not happen after 3 months or even 6 months so clearly the info was not correct or something altered the initial plan :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hope this is not correct, but it could be :wacko: Maybe when they finally add some 2022 parts it is only the basic boring ones *huh* Maybe it was not worth all the hassle of people calling in ordering parts, asking for parts, asking for old orders that took forever to ship so both the CS and the B&P was overloaded. What is still giving me hope is that "none-bestsellers parts" are still possible to buy, if they wanted to shut the old B&P down they could only sell the old PAB aka "bestseller parts" in the new PAB system. In addition they have started to offer BAM and factory minifigs online, a move that will give them more to do not less :shrug_confused:

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

But i notice that its not making me buy more sets. So they lost some 500-600$ a month from me.

it did make me buy more City and Ninjago sets that I usually wouldn't XD

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What is still giving me hope is that "none-bestsellers parts" are still possible to buy, if they wanted to shut the old B&P down they could only sell the old PAB aka "bestseller parts" in the new PAB system.

That is true, and intriguing, but the fact that they haven't added the 2022 parts (or added them back) is still enough to make me write off the service for the time being.

I personally don't fully know how LEGO's production and warehousing in Billund works. I know they don't produce just enough of a part for a run of sets, but instead have bins full of everything, which is where B&P traditionally came from. What I don't know is what they ultimately do with all the parts in those bins that don't get used, because surely they don't all get used in production or as replacements or (historically) sold on B&P. Plus there were always parts in production not sold on B&P as well. Perhaps they're waiting for a certain point, and then at that point they'll release all the parts as non-bestsellers and sell them off?

As for the other services they've launched with BAM online and Minifigure factory, those are sexy services with mass appeal. Being able to buy interesting prints and hairpieces and recolours and the like as we used to be able to on B&P is still niche and really only for true AFOLs, minifigure customises and part collectors at the end of the day.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, Roebuck said:

You got it chief :devil:

14 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I am the same (not the $500-$600 a month part :laugh:, just the "I've stopped buying from B&P" part), I used B&P to build my projects and builds but I haven't bought anything from it in ages.

The fact that everyone is clamoring for 2022 parts and that if they appeared everyone would immediately jump on and order up big is exactly the problem, they don't have the warehouse ability to handle the orders.

Ā 

28 minutes ago, jonwil said:

The fact that everyone is clamoring for 2022 parts and that if they appeared everyone would immediately jump on and order up big is exactly the problem, they don't have the warehouse ability to handle the orders.

Ā 

Indeed. At this stage they might be better doing something like a quarterly ā€˜regularā€™ update on including new parts, to stop everyone asking and so they can plan around demand.Ā 

19 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

You got it chief :devil:

I am the same (not the $500-$600 a month part :laugh:, just the "I've stopped buying from B&P" part), I used B&P to build my projects and builds but I haven't bought anything from it in ages.

If they come back iā€™ll be very happy. If not then iā€™ll save money and spend it on something else.Ā 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Indeed. At this stage they might be better doing something like a quarterly ā€˜regularā€™ update on including new parts, to stop everyone asking and so they can plan around demand.Ā 

Maybe but dont you think itĀ would end up beeing the same? Ā We would know when these would happen and jump on it. Maybe they should release in small batches, ok this month we open orders for all the new tiles, then next month the newĀ bricks etcā€¦ i mean I for sure would like to have some planned releases but if that is indeed their problem they need a granular release of the new stuff. I mean this service cannot be Ā»stuckĀ in 2021 Ā» with newer piĆØces never coming out. :/

They are literally building a new warehouse just for BAP on the east coast of the USA, it was supposed to be done any time soon so itā€™s just a matter of time šŸ˜’

38 minutes ago, eldiano said:

They are literally building a new warehouse just for BAP on the east coast of the USA, it was supposed to be done any time soon so itā€™s just a matter of time šŸ˜’

Where are you getting this new warehouse info from?Ā  Only thing I've heard about is a Factory in VA that won't be fully operational until sometime in 2025.

22 minutes ago, karrit said:

Where are you getting this new warehouse info from?Ā  Only thing I've heard about is a Factory in VA that won't be fully operational until sometime in 2025.

Exactly, I second this. I also didn't see anyone say the new factory was just for B&P.

27 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Exactly, I second this. I also didn't see anyone say the new factory was just for B&P.

I have gotten invites and news about a new factory meant to handle increased Ā  BAP

32 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I have gotten invites and news about a new factory meant to handle increased Ā  BAP

Invites from who?Ā  What are your news sources?Ā  Where exactly is this new factory located since you claim to have been invited?