LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Whenever they do a survey, things tend to get worse when they act on responses. They will probably be even tighter on licensed and minifig parts when people complain about availability.  Get orders in now before they "improve" it.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, bitbamboo said:

Zero 2022 sets here by the parts, I agree with @anothergol but for me it is a matter of space rather than cost. A bag of pieces can go into trays almost unnoticed but new sets would claim some reconfiguration of the play/display area

I think that all conspiranoid theories are wrong and Lego is just optimizing a service that has probably grow beyond than expected. IMHO the heavy users of BnP were bricklink shops and specific MOC-oriented AFOLs (building or designing) which are a minoritary market who do not buy lots of sets anyway, so sales figures of sets should not feel any impact by the BnP activity change

Probably first the availability of parts and second the smoothness of the web impact just in the sales of the BnP service itself, so they are probably seeing a decrease in the total amount of sales after the investment made in usability. So they go ahead and improve the usability further (400 pieces per page! woah!) not seeing the actual reason for the sales decrease. They have lost the big buyers and it could be confirmed by the average value per order before / after the change.

I have a small and insignifigant NGO in which we can easily print out complex statistics in a program (that we use for every service we provide for clients) within minutes. How could TLG not get similar numbers of "this number/percentage of costumers regularly buy pieces for let's say around 50 or 200€"? And: "How many of those costumers also used this chance to get other sets from the shop they maybe would not have purchsed as they could easily get almost any set cheaper in stores?"

Even if we are blinded by how alive this thread was by comments about how many orders folks gave up. And if - due to crisis or independent of it - all this isn't worth the effort of individual orders. Even if - you could simply try to know part of your hardcore community and communicate this to them. Now maybe me and others are just impatient and unreasonable. Quite possible! But it's still not a clever strategy to not communicate with loyal costumers when and why what will happen.

Maybe with CMF's in boxes will be the same. Say "hey it's for the environment. But yeah we don't wanna do codes or anything like that so good luck with guessing".

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

My spend for the rest of 2022 would be a fair bit higher if new parts (esp coaster track) were for sale.

8 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

How could TLG not get similar numbers of "this number/percentage of costumers regularly buy pieces for let's say around 50 or 200€"? And: "How many of those costumers also used this chance to get other sets from the shop they maybe would not have purchsed as they could easily get almost any set cheaper in stores?"

I doubt those statistics are very useful as everyone behaves differently. I buy lots on B+P / PAB, but very rarely buy any sets from lego. Why overpay on a set when you are buying PAB? If I need to hit a threshold then I'll buy more PAB and sell it.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I doubt those statistics are very useful as everyone behaves differently. I buy lots on B+P / PAB, but very rarely buy any sets from lego. Why overpay on a set when you are buying PAB? If I need to hit a threshold then I'll buy more PAB and sell it.

I've myself bought quite some small sets in order to reach the threshold, mostly Brickheadz because I love those (and they're themselves a nice source of small useful parts). But I don't even think in matters anymore with the new shitty system where you have to buy 12 eur more if one of the parts you need happens to be in the other category.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:40 AM, jonwil said:

If I want to be sure of getting my order here in Australia by September (for the show that is happening) how late should I risk leaving it? I do intend to order but I want to wait as long as I can in the hope that some of the parts I want that aren't currently available return to being available (e.g. hair 18227 in black) but I don't want to leave it too late.

It took me 3 weeks for PAB bestseller and BAM. It took 3 weeks and 2 days for PAB standard. This was to South Australia.

Placed my first B&P order since the "improvements." Got my bestseller parts in 2 days shipped in the same box as a small set I ordered. The other parts haven't the warehouse of course, but that seemed insanely fast for bestseller parts to get to me.

I got my bestseller parts after five days (but I ordered during the Forestmen GWP, so probably high order volumes. Standard took about three weeks.

I realized when they arrived that not all the pieces that I thought I ordered has been recognized by the system. It could be that they were just deleted later, or, I think more likely, as the system is a bit slower to recognize adding a part to the basket than the old one, I may have been too quick before searching the next part number, so it didn't take. I also got a husky dog that I definitely didn't order, and have no idea how it could think that I ordered it, as each item has a picture. It was on the order sheet and I paid for it though. And it was at the expense of a part that I did want, but didn't come through. Overall, pretty good, but just a shame about minimum order values, and those minimums being split over two separate baskets. And the lack of parts available (both new, old licensed, and general availability/out of stock). Hopefully it will improve as they work through it.

Sorry for what might be silly questions.  I have not made a PAB order for many years.  

First question I have is what is the difference, if any, between old PAB service and the new Bricks and Pieces.  

Second question is I can look online and see which pieces are available, but as I understand it there are many pieces not listed on the site.  If this is accurate, how is the best way to determine which pieces are available and which are not?  And what is the distinction, because virtually everything is available if one calls and reports a piece not included in a set, so, if it is available as a replacement why not through PAB/Bricks and Pieces?  

Thanks in advance for any responses... 

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Sorry for what might be silly questions.  I have not made a PAB order for many years.  

First question I have is what is the difference, if any, between old PAB service and the new Bricks and Pieces.  

Second question is I can look online and see which pieces are available, but as I understand it there are many pieces not listed on the site.  If this is accurate, how is the best way to determine which pieces are available and which are not?  And what is the distinction, because virtually everything is available if one calls and reports a piece not included in a set, so, if it is available as a replacement why not through PAB/Bricks and Pieces?  

Thanks in advance for any responses... 

The old Pick a Brick and Bricks and Pieces have merged into a single thing now, called Pick a Brick. Although it's a single interface, behind the scenes it's still two systems. The Bestseller parts are shipped from one location. The standard pieces from another. Bestseller pieces will likely arrive within a few days. Standard with a few weeks.

There is now a minimum spend threshold of $14, under which you get charged a relatively high processing fee. Both Bestseller and Standard pieces have their own thresholds, so you'll need to get at least $14 from each to avoid the fee.

Piece availability is fairly clear on the site. The search is better, and the browsing much better. You get visuals of pretty much all parts, can filter by several categories, and scroll through the options. You can also search for keywords, as well as part numbers.

There is a filter to show out of stock items, so at least you know if the piece is likely going to be available in the future, but that won't be guaranteed.

If a piece doesn't come up in search by part number, then it's probably not available at all, but you can try calling in to see if they can add it.

There could be several reasons why not all parts are available in Bricks and Pieces. They could be licensed, so generally aren't sold, but LEGO offers replacements. They could be low on stock, so reserving the last few for replacements. Or they could just decide not to sell that part, for whatever reason. None of the 2022 parts are available, for example.

Edited by RichardGoring

54 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

very comprehensive answer.  Thank you.  

With only minor spelling mistakes through typing on a phone! Ha ha!

Hope you have fun with it.

Its been 3 months since the Jurassic World sets and the new interesting pieces/recoloured pieces have not been added. Might give Customer Service a call later.

38 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Its been 3 months since the Jurassic World sets and the new interesting pieces/recoloured pieces have not been added. Might give Customer Service a call later.

Are you aware none of the 2022 pieces have showed up yet?

3 hours ago, betaplayer said:

Are you aware none of the 2022 pieces have showed up yet?

I thought some of the January pieces were on there, perhaps I am mistaken. If so, this is quite alarming.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I thought some of the January pieces were on there, perhaps I am mistaken. If so, this is quite alarming.

There are one or two exceptions I think. But for the most part all new 2022 parts and recolors have not shown up on the site yet. They took down all the 2022 pieces that had existed during the Jan and Feb interim. 

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

You ae not mistaken - I remember i ordered squirrels and kittens off B&P back in January 2022. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You ae not mistaken - I remember i ordered squirrels and kittens off B&P back in January 2022. 

This isn't bricks and pieces.

The 2022 parts were available in 2022 in the old Bricks and Pieces system. When they opened the updated, merged Pick a Brick service, none of the 2022 pieces were listed.

There were stories of LEGO waiting the months before new pieces came into the service, but they were attributed to a well meaning CS rep, and not official policy. I don't believe we've heard anything concrete about it yet.

12 hours ago, Maple said:

It WAS on B&P before it was taken down….

14 hours ago, Maple said:

Here he is: Mr Pedantic. Didn't you used to be Mr Pessimistic?

If you're not going to comment anything of value, don't comment.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Here he is: Mr Pedantic. Didn't you used to be Mr Pessimistic?

If you're not going to comment anything of value, don't comment.

I'm a realist. You should be too. 

People here are talking about how the new pieces were on the new system. They were never on the new system, they will probably never be added to the new system.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

People here are talking about how the new pieces were on the new system. They were never on the new system, they will probably never be added to the new system.

Depending how you define new pieces and new system, you might be wrong or might be right but context is missing from the discussion.

There were 2022 pieces including things like squirrels that were on the new system but when the new system was introduced to America, they were removed globally and haven't been back since.

Anyone else run into this issue recently?

I placed a B&P order back on 6/15 and it’s been stuck in “backordered limbo” for the last month and half. I’ve spoken with LEGO employees twice now over the phone and they said the order passed their internal review (to make sure I’m not a reseller?) and don’t know why it’s taking so long. 

All the pieces are in stock and consist of pieces from the Blacksmith set, so they’ve been available for some time now. 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Maple said:

I'm a realist. You should be too. 

Here he goes again….