LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

7 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Come on, B&P is a competitor to BL sellers, the advantage of BL is that not everyone has heard of B&P, other than that, when you need parts for a MOC, you'll generally buy from both, generally one B&P order for the most you can get, and then several BL ones with expensive shipping, for 1 or 2 rare parts that only those sellers have.

And I also really hope that new parts not being listed on B&P anymore, has nothing to do with possible competition with BL. Anyway, these last few months none of them got my money, Ali sellers did, they sold me recent recolors that Lego doesn't want to, and that are still way too rare on BL.

Could Lego be doing the delay of new parts-thing in order to stimulate sales of new sets towards bricklink-stores and AFOLs? 

31 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Come on, B&P is a competitor to BL sellers, the advantage of BL is that not everyone has heard of B&P, other than that, when you need parts for a MOC, you'll generally buy from both, generally one B&P order for the most you can get, and then several BL ones with expensive shipping, for 1 or 2 rare parts that only those sellers have.

Yes, it is a competitor, but not an integrated one on BL. When I buy for a MOC I tend to use just BL, at least if I want to build it in the next month or so.

23 minutes ago, betaplayer said:

Could Lego be doing the delay of new parts-thing in order to stimulate sales of new sets towards bricklink-stores and AFOLs? 

Maybe, if you wear a tin foil hat!  A more likely reason is capacity and servicing missing parts complaints. It does mean MOC builders (and bricklink sellers) cannot buy 100s of items and eliminate stocks like they did with Black Falcon parts.

29 minutes ago, betaplayer said:

I just can't imagine that the numbers involved with this are worth them considering the calculations. It's much more likely to be about logistics, either for main set sales/availability or their ability to not overwhelm the existing service and so generate customer dissatisfaction. New parts not being available is probably a smaller pain point than having to wait two months for your order to arrive.

Hey folks! Do you know if there is a guiding stick for visually impaired / blind minifigure? I remember hearing about it in one set (?) but I could remember which set I should look up. If you know part ID#, that would be GREAT!

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey folks! Do you know if there is a guiding stick for visually impaired / blind minifigure? I remember hearing about it in one set (?) but I could remember which set I should look up. If you know part ID#, that would be GREAT!

Pretty sure I’ve only ever seen a normal stick / lightsaber blade / bar in white 

Element ID  6116602

20 hours ago, williejm said:

Pretty sure I’ve only ever seen a normal stick / lightsaber blade / bar in white 

Element ID  6116602

Ah ok. I thought there was a new mold for guiding stick (bar with a “marshmallow” at tip of it).

But solid white lightsaber will do fine. 

Ok I called the customer service and asked if I can order farm animals. One guy said they are too new to be offered and not available on the website yet. Oh well…

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah ok. I thought there was a new mold for guiding stick (bar with a “marshmallow” at tip of it).

But solid white lightsaber will do fine. 

There's a magic wand (printed bar 3L) but it's sadly the opposite: black with white tips

14 hours ago, anothergol said:

There's a magic wand (printed bar 3L) but it's sadly the opposite: black with white tips

Darn it, ok thanks. 

Another excellent encounter with LEGO customer service. I've been gathering the pieces for the minifigure scale 1989 Batmobile (40433) (along with pieces to make the Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic) and finally placed my order this morning. The Batmobile tail fins (6171909) are no longer available from Bricks & Pieces. So I called, because they used to be. They happily added two to my order, then got an error saying it couldn't be sold. So they're sending me two for free. Thank you LEGO CS. Shame that they've removed the part from the service though.

Seems to be a new update to the site. Either that or I never noticed it before. But now you can look at up to 400 pieces at a time:

image.png.0f3153ab79eec799036fc2e9d0446557.png

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Seems to be a new update to the site. Either that or I never noticed it before. But now you can look at up to 400 pieces at a time:

image.png.0f3153ab79eec799036fc2e9d0446557.png

That's so useful! The previous tiny limit was frustrating. Especially when you search for something and not only that element, but loads of others come up too.

This minor change makes a huge difference in the usability of Bricks & Pieces. This will make it much easier to find certain parts as I navigate through their system of classification.

Good day today, when my Pick a Brick order arrived. Rather fun to get it only ten days after ordering (it was best seller parts - the standard parts are yet to ship). Sadly one piece I ordered was not included, but instead swapped for a husky. Slightly annoyingly, the order paperwork shows a husky and not the part I ordered (6276993), and I have no idea how that would have happened, because it's pretty clear if you're clicking to buy a husky. Oh well. It's not a critical piece. Going to build the Sonic Chemical Plant Zone on Rebrickable to go with Green Hill Zone.

Question: How many people here have bought sets in 2022 where they wouldn't have bought that set if some or all of the parts were available on B&P?

I am wondering how much (if any) extra set sales LEGO are getting because 2022 parts aren't on B&P...

I for one haven't bought any set in 2022 that I would have not bought if parts in it were available on B&P. (and conversely there is no recent situation where parts from a set being available on B&P mean I didn't or wont buy a set)

Before knowing B&P I did sometimes get an extra set mostly for the parts. But only if it was cheap, on sale and had many other functions. I got a friends set for a hair piece to use for a Shingeki no Kyojin Mikasa figure. 15€ instead of 0,40 cent on B&P. But I also made a cool boat and submarine out of the rest and there was a bunch of other cool stuff. So I get Lego not putting figure pieces and rare parts into B&P.

After discovering B&P I started taking all my favourite sets and making them as studless as possible - underside included. I could have never managed this just by buying some extra sets for parts. Maybe the required parts would have been included 4x in a set for 60€ but I needed like 45x for one MOD/MOC! My Razor Crest has like 2 exposed studs. I would have had to spend like 1500€ for sets to get the specific parts needed.

In 2022 I only got one set as a present. When they are allowed to, designs by Lego are just top. But other brands are miles ahead in terms of matching colours, more realistic colours, smooth and curved parts. As it's the same system you can just take what you want from those brands - much cheaper.

Lego sets are designed for kids: stability > interesting colours > functions > design. That's absolutely fine. But as I can't afford or store a single UCS style set, Lego has nothing to offer me that wouldn't need heavy modification. The limitations of the new B&P system instead of improvements took away any motivation to get new sets. Not that it's the only factor but I don't see myself getting anything other than CMF's (oh wait, blind boxes..).

I think with a few new parts and devotion Lego designers could do a perfect small Snowspeeder. They are the best of the best. But it's not their job to make our model snowspeeder.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Question: How many people here have bought sets in 2022 where they wouldn't have bought that set if some or all of the parts were available on B&P?

I am wondering how much (if any) extra set sales LEGO are getting because 2022 parts aren't on B&P...

I for one haven't bought any set in 2022 that I would have not bought if parts in it were available on B&P. (and conversely there is no recent situation where parts from a set being available on B&P mean I didn't or wont buy a set)

While I've bought sets for the sets themselves and not the parts, I rarely buy sets for parts anymore, because I quickly learnt that even at half price, I would still only use so little of a set's parts that it was never worth it for me.

But I've also never bought a set for a few specific parts because I more than often need way more than what's in a set. That doesn't mean it's not gonna generate new sales because I'll be buying those parts from somewhere else, and when it's Bricklink it means someone has bought the sets. However it's not Bricklink anymore for me, I buy more & more on Ali, especially new recolors that Lego just doesn't wanna sell separately. And they're not even cheaper - I've bought Gobricks parts for more than what genuine parts run for on B&P. And while I'm there to buy parts that Lego doesn't wanna sell me, I buy stuff that Lego does sell while I'm at it. So Lego, take my money, if you don't then someone else is gonna.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Opposite for me. I usually add on the smaller exclusive sets (which don't reach free delivery mark by themselves) when I do parts orders but as Ive done less part orders Ive bought less sets so far

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

None, but I will probably buy a lot e.g. of the farm set instead of just 1 if the animals do not show up in B&P. Just the cow and calf cost around 20$ on BL so it is better to buy the set once it go on sale at a decent discount. Are we sure the parts are not there because it is affecting set sales in a bad way or has it something to do with the fact that they did get so many orders that they where overwhelmed :sceptic:

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

I bought a couple of the barn set for the animals when I saw them at more than 30% off. Depending on what they came out on PAB I potentially wouldn't have bought the sets. Although with animal prices at the moment I think to get the same quantity of animals from BAP I may have got the set anyway.

12 hours ago, jonwil said:

Zero 2022 sets here by the parts, I agree with @anothergol but for me it is a matter of space rather than cost. A bag of pieces can go into trays almost unnoticed but new sets would claim some reconfiguration of the play/display area

I think that all conspiranoid theories are wrong and Lego is just optimizing a service that has probably grow beyond than expected. IMHO the heavy users of BnP were bricklink shops and specific MOC-oriented AFOLs (building or designing) which are a minoritary market who do not buy lots of sets anyway, so sales figures of sets should not feel any impact by the BnP activity change

Probably first the availability of parts and second the smoothness of the web impact just in the sales of the BnP service itself, so they are probably seeing a decrease in the total amount of sales after the investment made in usability. So they go ahead and improve the usability further (400 pieces per page! woah!) not seeing the actual reason for the sales decrease. They have lost the big buyers and it could be confirmed by the average value per order before / after the change.