LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As @Kim-Kwang-Seok puts so well, they aren't a charity. My guess is this service isn't profitable enough to hire more people.

More cynically, it might be that after buying bricklink, they've lost interest in this service.

Then discontinue it. I don't get the point of 'combining' Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick into a mess of a service. Either improve one, both or get rid of them.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Then discontinue it. I don't get the point of 'combining' Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick into a mess of a service. Either improve one, both or get rid of them.

They may be looking at ways of making it more efficient for them, before they consider scaling it up. Or they may just be looking at how to cut costs and limit the budget of the service, not really caring if it's over capacity.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Oh, no, I totally agree that it's a mess, I just don't think throwing more money into the service would make it sucessful.

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Oh, no, I totally agree that it's a mess, I just don't think throwing more money into the service would make it sucessful.

I just don't get the point of combining the services. What did that do? Just leave Pick a Brick how it was and increase the prices of Bricks and Pieces to a level that cut sales down to a manageable, profitable system.

They need the service to ship broken and missing part to customers that have something wrong with a set they buy. The sale part is just a service on the side for AFOL I think :shrug_oh_well:

And for once I was optimistic when they announced they were merging those 2 services that made no sense to be separated. I was sure they'd screw it up - like everything new online in the past - but I thought they would at least truly merge those services, not keep both behind the scene and render the best one useless.

If at least they had anounced their crap plan back then in February, I would have placed orders when the March parts were still showing up in the old system. But no, I was stupid enough to have faith in Lego & wait for the launch.

Edited by anothergol

5 hours ago, Maple said:

I just don't get the point of combining the services. What did that do? 

It meant they could use one search across both services. The old B+P search was tedious to use.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

It meant they could use one search across both services. The old B+P search was tedious to use.

PAB was pointless anyway, there was no part that was exclusive to it, and most (if not all) were more expensive there. It was only for those who didn't know about B&P, or wanted to wait less.

The new system is technically ok, but I would have preferred a proper Bricklink shop. Nothing can beat BL as for features & efficiency.

I for one am glad the service is still there. I hope TLG gets their act together and we get a better part selection. But for now we can still buy some parts in bulk that you can't on Bricklink because the piece hasn't been out long enough yet. That's reason enough for me to be happy that B&P is still around and not discontinued altogether.

In rather frustrating news, StoneWars had pointed out that the new Forestmen GWP won't count Bricks & Pieces orders towards the $150 threshold.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-40567-forest-hideout-erstes-bild/

However, you can't order from Bricks & Pieces any more, as it's all Pick a Brick. So maybe it will be fine and this is just old T&CS that they've not changed.

Hope so, as I've built up a decent sized order list while it's been offline.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, Roebuck said:

They need the service to ship broken and missing part to customers that have something wrong with a set they buy. The sale part is just a service on the side for AFOL I think :shrug_oh_well:

This here, is spot on.

17 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

In rather frustrating news, StoneWars had pointed out that the new Forestmen GWP won't count Bricks & Pieces orders towards the $150 threshold.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-40567-forest-hideout-erstes-bild/

However, you can't order from Bricks & Pieces any more, as it's all Pick a Brick. So maybe it will be fine and this is just old T&CS that they've not changed.

Hope so, as I've built up a decent sized order list while it's been offline.

When LEGO announced the merger, I’m sure it said the “new” service will count towards GWP’s? I’m hoping it’s just old T&C’s too.

55 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Was anyone having any of the luck ordering any of the new parts over the phone?

Nope, tried and failed :hmpf:

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Well do I have something for you :laugh: 

There’s a Google Chrome plugin called “BrickHunter”, which accepts Bricklink XML files and can automatically add parts to your cart. It will also be able to export the parts you cannot buy on PaB as a Bricklink XML and just order the rest through Bricklink.

Just found this from @LvdH in the Technic forum - General Part Discussion thread and I though it was worth to quote it here

57 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Just found this from @LvdH in the Technic forum - General Part Discussion thread and I though it was worth to quote it here

That sounds amazing! Will have to try it.

Isn't that the one with privacy issues? I could be getting mixed up but I think that is the one where the guy who made it stopped posting on here after someone (rigthfully so) challenged him over his privacy "policy"? Can anyone remember if I remembering correctly?

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Isn't that the one with privacy issues? I could be getting mixed up but I think that is the one where the guy who made it stopped posting on here after someone (rigthfully so) challenged him over his privacy "policy"? Can anyone remember if I remembering correctly?

yes, it was this one. We also had the discussion here around page 200 - don't know exactly where

11 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I had no idea so I Googled a bit. But apparently it has been discussed here like Mr Ogel (page 162 btw) mentioned. I don’t go much outside the Technic forum. The way I found it was via a German blog post a while ago. I’ve used it a few times and I haven’t noticed anything sketchy myself. But I’ll definitely look more into it later.

On 6/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, anothergol said:

PAB was pointless anyway, there was no part that was exclusive to it, and most (if not all) were more expensive there. It was only for those who didn't know about B&P, or wanted to wait less.

The new system is technically ok, but I would have preferred a proper Bricklink shop. Nothing can beat BL as for features & efficiency.

I remember a few years ago I needed a bunch of studded Technic bricks (long ones), PaB was the cheaper option back then.

Edit: and indeed BL is so much easier to use. One thing I like is the cart that stays there for days/weeks/months (except when the parts are not available anymore), it would be nice if B&P/PaB has such cart system that do not vanish after some time (or maybe now they do?)

Edited by antp

4 hours ago, antp said:

it would be nice if B&P/PaB has such cart system that do not vanish after some time (or maybe now they do?)

It sticks around now but if a part in the cart goes OOS, it disappears from the cart and it doesnt tell you about it. If you have a big cart its hard to tell whats gone so still need to keep a separate list :(

That's already good to know, I don't have to wait to have a lot of time ahead before starting an order then: I could do it in multiple sessions. Indeed the silent disappearance is annoying...

Edited by antp

If I want to be sure of getting my order here in Australia by September (for the show that is happening) how late should I risk leaving it? I do intend to order but I want to wait as long as I can in the hope that some of the parts I want that aren't currently available return to being available (e.g. hair 18227 in black) but I don't want to leave it too late.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:49 AM, anothergol said:

I found PAB to be quite useful for certain parts. There were some on there that were cheap compared to both B+P and BL. Plain minifigure legs in brown and tan for example were a good price. Trans clear glass for 1x4x6 doors was also a very good price on PAB (6p), so much that one order I bought 300 of them to hit a threshold, then sold them all on BL for more than double what I paid.

As to them starting a BL store, they said that they would not interfere with the market when they bought BL. If LEGO became a direct competitor to sellers on BL, then third party sellers might move away to a site where LEGO does not control the market. They would also need to up their game when it comes to turn around time. LEGO are slow compared to BL sellers. It would be rather embarrassing for them if they got negative feedback for being a less than average service. They would also not be able to control order limits like now without changing the way BL works. For example, they cannot impose a limit of a maximum of 200 of one part type in an order unless they manually or automatically have 200 of every part listed and update it to 200 after every order is placed.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:57 AM, Mr Ogel said:

yes, it was this one. We also had the discussion here around page 200 - don't know exactly where

Page 171.

Come on, B&P is a competitor to BL sellers, the advantage of BL is that not everyone has heard of B&P, other than that, when you need parts for a MOC, you'll generally buy from both, generally one B&P order for the most you can get, and then several BL ones with expensive shipping, for 1 or 2 rare parts that only those sellers have.

And I also really hope that new parts not being listed on B&P anymore, has nothing to do with possible competition with BL. Anyway, these last few months none of them got my money, Ali sellers did, they sold me recent recolors that Lego doesn't want to, and that are still way too rare on BL.

Edited by anothergol