LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

My worries seem to get reality and all the super good "improvements" LEGO does, is just raising the prices all over the place.

Here are some random samples (with some things that I bought frequently/lately):

91405 All 16x16 plates ~1,80-> 2,50€

6083 DBG LURPS 1,57-> 2,34€

2417 Green 6x5 Leaves (PaB) 0,19->0,26€

87079  LBG Tile 2x4 0,11-> 0,18€

35901 Chemical Suit 1,50-> 3,42€

38029  Erlenmeyer Flask ~1,75-> 2,31€

Many Minifig Heads 0,30-> 0,45 (a few went down 5 cents)

76382 Minifig Torsos prices raised 10-20cents

77589 Lion ~7,50-> 10,92

37364 Medium Legs 1,59-> 1,98€ (instead of going down after a year of the part'S existance!)

etc...

The only positive thing so far is that some legs went down a few cents.

And you can purchase a white textile cloak now... for 7,58€ :laugh:

Bricks and Pieces always have been expensive, but some things really get out of hand.

Edited by wollolo

It’s worth saying that inflation is a thing and - certainly here in the U.K. - prices on everything are rising pretty steeply, with COVID complexities & now energy costs. 

11 minutes ago, williejm said:

It’s worth saying that inflation is a thing and - certainly here in the U.K. - prices on everything are rising pretty steeply, with COVID complexities & now energy costs. 

inflation is always a thing, but happens rather subtile.

Some items I mentioned above have raised up to 40-100%. And it's not like these parts had been cheap before. Some of these prices are not excusable at all, imo. Just plain greedy.

Edited by wollolo

Indeed, but some comments were about a few cents … 

the baby elephant seems to be cheaper at least. And you can always get two tan horses with change, instead of a dark orange one… 

5 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I wonder when my order is shipped out, will they charge me with new price or the price when I ordered .... hmmm

You should already being charged at the order date. They changed something in their system recentely, as last year I was only charged the time the order ships (and in case of BnP it could take several weeks, going to another month cc statement). They already charged all my Dec/Jan orders.

1 minute ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Tan coloured horse is about the same price still whereas the Dark Orange horse is £10!

May those price peaks are errors and would be corrected in a few days? (hopefully)

In US both horses are still within the $5 range.

11 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Tan coloured horse is about the same price still whereas the Dark Orange horse is £10!

Maybe the Dk orange ones are thoroughbred 

10 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

May those price peaks are errors and would be corrected in a few days? (hopefully)

I think you make a valid point 

15 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

I really hope so, too.

But I'm afraid that won't happen. The US prices probably didnt get updated yet. The lion also costs almost 11€ now!

Edited by wollolo

2 minutes ago, wollolo said:

I really hope so, too.

But I'm afraid that won't happen. The US prices probably didnt get updated yet. The lion also costs almost 11€ now!

Yeah the Lion has gone up by about £2.30

The new coloured "Eagle" has gone up by £1

Ice Penguin looks to have disappeared from new version :angry:

And the following Red/Yellow Dual moulded legs, Light Nougat unprinted head, child painting from hospital set, female snowtrooper head, black/dark orange squirrel, missing cat tile print

Edited by upliftingbricks

The "Animals & Nature" section of the updated PAB contains elements I'm very curious about...

The following have an element ID and a design ID that return no result on Brickset, Rebrickable and Bricklink :
- PREPACK, HIPPO, DEC. 6064834 / 70885 (21,54€ *huh*)
- FISH, NO. 1 6259182 / 43850 
- CAT, NO. 18 6374804 / 84309 (searching the element ID on Rebrickable leads to the page of the dark grey kitten from the 2022 Fire Station set, but the element ID indicated on the page itself is different. The design ID returns no result.)

The following have a design ID that is already known, but an element ID that returns no result on the same three websites :
- ANIMAL, NO. 39 6223106 / 37829 - That's the design ID of the baby raptor, the colour is stated as dark orange on the BP site but the element ID is different from the only printed dark orange baby raptor listed on Rebrickable (6225624)
- OWL 6293702 / 92084 - Our familiar owl with closed wings, stated as brick yellow / tan but the element ID is different from the one indicated on Rebrickable for the tan winking owl (6291032)
- OWL 6355010 / 92804 - The same as just above, but sand yellow / dark tan but the element ID is different indicated on Rebrickable for the dark tan owl with white face (6353937)

Could they be animals coming in future sets or am I daydreaming and that's just errors? For the hippo and fish, is there a way of knowing if their part number / element ID refers to a City, Friends or Duplo one (as they have no illustration)?

PS : alas, the kittens are not listed anymore in the new version...

4 minutes ago, Aurore said:

The "Animals & Nature" section of the updated PAB contains elements I'm very curious about...

The following have an element ID and a design ID that return no result on Brickset, Rebrickable and Bricklink :
- PREPACK, HIPPO, DEC. 6064834 / 70885 (21,54€ *huh*)
- FISH, NO. 1 6259182 / 43850 
- CAT, NO. 18 6374804 / 84309 (searching the element ID on Rebrickable leads to the page of the dark grey kitten from the 2022 Fire Station set, but the element ID indicated on the page itself is different. The design ID returns no result.)

The following have a design ID that is already known, but an element ID that returns no result on the same three websites :
- ANIMAL, NO. 39 6223106 / 37829 - That's the design ID of the baby raptor, the colour is stated as dark orange on the BP site but the element ID is different from the only printed dark orange baby raptor listed on Rebrickable (6225624)
- OWL 6293702 / 92084 - Our familiar owl with closed wings, stated as brick yellow / tan but the element ID is different from the one indicated on Rebrickable for the tan winking owl (6291032)
- OWL 6355010 / 92804 - The same as just above, but sand yellow / dark tan but the element ID is different indicated on Rebrickable for the dark tan owl with white face (6353937)

Could they be animals coming in future sets or am I daydreaming and that's just errors? For the hippo and fish, is there a way of knowing if their part number / element ID refers to a City, Friends or Duplo one (as they have no illustration)?

PS : alas, the kittens are not listed anymore in the new version...

Isn´t the hippo a Duplo animal?

I also assumed it was a duplo  hippo 

Tan owl will be the unprinted one coming in the new HP set maybe?

5 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Should be this one:

Could be...But the IDs associated with this one are 6064832 on Rebrickable (vs 6018870 for the same one on Brickset and 6064834 for the one on PAB) and 98201 on Rebrickable and Brickset (vs 70885 on PAB)...hence my last question...

Edited by Aurore

1 minute ago, Aurore said:

Could be...But the IDs associated with this one are 6064832 on Rebrickable (vs 6018870 for the same one on Brickset and 6064834 for the one on PAB) and 98201 on Rebrickable and Brickset (vs 70885 on PAB)...hence my last question...

When you order by phone they have a completely different number for animal parts (I think they use a different system for operators), so there could be some misplaced numbering here.

36 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Ice Penguin looks to have disappeared from new version :angry:

And the following Red/Yellow Dual moulded legs, Light Nougat unprinted head, child painting from hospital set, female snowtrooper head, black/dark orange squirrel, missing cat tile print

Anything that's out if stick isn't listed at all. They are still listed on B&P.

14 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Anything that's out if stick isn't listed at all. They are still listed on B&P.

Ah thanks for sharing, makes sense. I added them to B&P basket about a week ago so probably gone out of stock since last looked them up. Hopefully they come back.

44 minutes ago, williejm said:

Tan owl will be the unprinted one coming in the new HP set maybe?

Seems to be, indeed! When I search the set number of that set, the above-mentioned owl shows up among the available parts. Either it's an error, or it's good news! :sweet: I'm really tempted to order all those animals just out of curiosity (except from the too-expensive-and-probably-Duplo hippo).

EDIT : indeed, @Chiaroscuro the hippo is the Duplo one...the search result for the Duplo set number includes it. :hmpf_bad:

EDIT2 : the fish is most probably a Duplo clown fish (the ID returns something on Rebrickable after all) even if there is another one listed on PAB. Three cases solved!

Edited by Aurore
Hippo! Fish!

I'm even more disappointed I forgot to order 40-50 legs before PaB removed them. What a surprise, LEGO screws up the system, raises the prices as the quality has gone down the gutter.