LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

15 hours ago, williejm said:

Sheep seems to be lingering in stock more than usual … which is nice. 

Curses! I started doing a large order this afternoon and the sheep were in stock, but the website crashed. Did it again this evening and no more sheep. Sigh.

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Curses! I started doing a large order this afternoon and the sheep were in stock, but the website crashed. Did it again this evening and no more sheep. Sigh.

You got complacent! I’m at the stage that I’d rather do a few smaller orders for my sanity in catching some missable parts. 

Edited by williejm

2 hours ago, williejm said:

You got complacent! I’m at the stage that I’d rather do a few smaller orders for my sanity in catching some estimable parts. 

Yes, sadly. I just don't like placing small orders because it seems so silly to get them to pack just a few pieces and ship them. However, given that they can't keep things in stock, maybe I shouldn't consider trying to be helpful like that! Will jump on it next time.

I always do smaller orders whenever something comes in stock. Yes, it sucks having to pay multiple shipping fees, but at least you get what you need without worry of it going out of stock later. The problem, a lot of small orders add up to a lot of money spent still. I've spent more on BnP this year than ever before and I've been buying from them for at least 8 years.

If you have two or more orders you can also call them and they will combine the orders to minimize shipping costs. The order will be delayed until last part has been treated.

At least shipping is very inexpensive compared to what we're used to, that makes placing several small orders a lot easier to swallow.

The crazy thing (for LEGO) is that in the US (where I am) they don't charge shipping if you buy over $35. Of anything. So as long as there is a small-ish set you want, the cost doesn't factor into it. I now have a list of things that I'd like but aren't urgent, and will check stock levels when I do a standard order as well.

Good point about the $35 and up costs... and good idea about calling the Customer Reps. At least right now, its double points...

I get paranoid about missing out on pieces (to this day I only have the torso of the Skull Sorcerer), so I'm fine with ordering smaller orders.

Edited by Dadster

I finally managed to get a couple of sheep (yes, only two - I'm modest) yesterday, along with some new parts (mostly from the Stuntz line, which I'm not going to buy any sets from).

11 minutes ago, Hive said:

I finally managed to get a couple of sheep (yes, only two - I'm modest) yesterday, along with some new parts (mostly from the Stuntz line, which I'm not going to buy any sets from).

Same here. I got myself the pieces for the chicken guy. Seems quite funny!

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The crazy thing (for LEGO) is that in the US (where I am) they don't charge shipping if you buy over $35. Of anything. So as long as there is a small-ish set you want, the cost doesn't factor into it. I now have a list of things that I'd like but aren't urgent, and will check stock levels when I do a standard order as well.

The exception to that is spending $35+ in just B&P.

On the time or so I've found myself in that situation, I was able to add "Pick a Brick" piece(s) to trigger the Free Shipping.

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

The exception to that is spending $35+ in just B&P.

On the time or so I've found myself in that situation, I was able to add "Pick a Brick" piece(s) to trigger the Free Shipping.

Oh really? That's interesting, I didn't realize.

17 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

At least shipping is very inexpensive compared to what we're used to, that makes placing several small orders a lot easier to swallow.

We pay $15 AU (9.60 Euro) for delivery, or else $149 AU (95.37 Euro) for free delivery. Kind of expensive to do multiple small orders, but kind of expensive to do one big order.

One of the downsides of living on the big behind end of the world.

I just got an order in the U.S. after waiting for about a month. I had ordered a large number of sheep and was surprised to find a large percentage of them were deeply scratched from all being shipped in one bag together. It's not just normal scuffing like you see when they ship transparent pieces; the black plastic seems to have come off on the white plastic and it doesn't rub off.  Here's the picture of what they look like, is anyone else running into this quality issue?

UgnvY1B.jpg

1 hour ago, Tusserte said:

I just got an order in the U.S. after waiting for about a month. I had ordered a large number of sheep and was surprised to find a large percentage of them were deeply scratched from all being shipped in one bag together. It's not just normal scuffing like you see when they ship transparent pieces; the black plastic seems to have come off on the white plastic and it doesn't rub off.  Here's the picture of what they look like, is anyone else running into this quality issue?

UgnvY1B.jpg

I mean, it gives them uniqueness I suppose, but very annoying I'm sure. I did have this recently with an actual set where the colour of one piece had scratched off onto another in bag. Can't remember which one, just know it surprised me at the time. Not much you can do really to stop it though I suppose. Were they packed tightly or loose? IOW was the dye forced of the black onto the white due to sheer force or is this a print quality degradation issue?

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I mean, it gives them uniqueness I suppose, but very annoying I'm sure. I did have this recently with an actual set where the colour of one piece had scratched off onto another in bag. Can't remember which one, just know it surprised me at the time. Not much you can do really to stop it though I suppose. Were they packed tightly or loose? IOW was the dye forced of the black onto the white due to sheer force or is this a print quality degradation issue?

Relatively tightly packed in a bag, but then that was shipped in a box. not a bubble mailer. Might be wrong, but I don't think the black head/legs or white wool are painted though; they are dual molded and the white eyes are the only printing.

3 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I'm curious if you have any plans for so many sheep? Or do you think they'll be like goats and you're saving them for your pension? :wink:

24 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm curious if you have any plans for so many sheep? Or do you think they'll be like goats and you're saving them for your pension? :wink:

I mean, sheep tend to come in flocks 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

I mean, sheep tend to come in flocks 

Yes, I realize. But (and please forgive me the presumption) a flock of sheep on their own isn't that interesting. But you could do cool stuff with flowing green hills, or a busy farm yard, or sheep dog trials. And I was curious if there was a specific scenario for the flock to be in. Basically looking to see some cool MOC.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I go *big* with my MOCs. I want to do a medieval scene some day and want to make sure I have enough sheep for a big flock when the time comes. Sadly I only have 2 goats and spotted cows since I only came out of my dark age in 2015. I have serious FOMO when good stuff shows up on B&P!

8 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I go *big* with my MOCs. I want to do a medieval scene some day and want to make sure I have enough sheep for a big flock when the time comes. Sadly I only have 2 goats and spotted cows since I only came out of my dark age in 2015. I have serious FOMO when good stuff shows up on B&P!

I hope to see it one day !

18 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I just checked my sheep (for same reason - future castle build) - I have 20 loose in a plastic bag which were with a heap of other pieces. Not tightly packed but loose. None of mine have any blemishes on them. They have been sitting in the bag since the sheep were first available, and I have been taking things out of the bag every now and then so they do get stirred around a bit, but there has been no transfer of any kind.

I must say that I have recently started using replacement parts to get any of my damaged parts (and bent sticker sheets) replaced. We pay a premium for Lego so we might as well ensure we get a premium product. I have never had any issue with getting the damaged stuff replaced. The main culprit for me is trans windshield type pieces which are easily scratched and harder to replace from my meagre collection. If it is a common brick I tend to ignore it, however if I have one damaged part in a set that needs replacing I tend to get all the damaged pieces in that set replaced. So yeah, I would consider contacting customer service about it.

3 hours ago, timemail said:

I must say that I have recently started using replacement parts to get any of my damaged parts (and bent sticker sheets) replaced. We pay a premium for Lego so we might as well ensure we get a premium product. I have never had any issue with getting the damaged stuff replaced. The main culprit for me is trans windshield type pieces which are easily scratched and harder to replace from my meagre collection. If it is a common brick I tend to ignore it, however if I have one damaged part in a set that needs replacing I tend to get all the damaged pieces in that set replaced. So yeah, I would consider contacting customer service about it.

I've had two unlucky sets in a row; my Hagrid in the Beauxbatons Carriage came with two left arms which was odd as the body, left and right arm are all factory packed into a bag, so a very specific machine error, then I've just had Diagon Alley come with a 1x1 Trans bright orange brick (not in the set) instead of an orange 2x2 jumper and a sticker sheet where the top thin layer is peeling on the stickers.

I put in a parts request for Hagrid's arm, then got an email a day or so later from a named CS rep saying the part was OOS and would be delayed until November, but then a day or so later got the dispatch email and received the part a couple of days ago. Very good service.

I've just put in the request for the DA pieces so I'll se how that goes. I used another jumper plate to complete the build and I would normally have just order the missing piece from BL or B&P next time I was making an order, but as the sticker sheet was also faulty I put in the parts request. I'm not paying for that on the secondary market for such an expensive set.

I wonder if I've just been unlucky with two in a row. 🤔

I had a spate of bigger sets with parts errors - a missing 1x4 plate in the Police Station, a 1x1 DBlue brick instead of a 1x1 TransClear in 60197, missing 1x2 plate in the Harley... It was getting to the point where I was dreading building new sets wondering what the mistake was going to be that time.

The sheep I had a bag arrive a few months ago, loose packed in a jiffy style bag and a couple had marks from legs on the body. I found a thin damp cloth over my fingernail and scratch firmly cleared it eventually.