LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

41 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

My point is that Lego already have made huge numbers of horses that is at a warehouse somewhere, but that the B&P orders asking for them is too small.

I suspect we were on the same page but moving past each other with our wording! :pir-wench: I completely agree: it's an underestimation somewhere in the supply chain that's leading to there not being the stock that demand dictates. I'm sure Lego will get around to fixing it eventually.

10 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I suspect we were on the same page but moving past each other with our wording! :pir-wench:

Yes :classic:

10 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I completely agree: it's an underestimation somewhere in the supply chain that's leading to there not being the stock that demand dictates. I'm sure Lego will get around to fixing it eventually.

I hope so too :wink:

Hopefully they can make enough Black Falcon torsos to defeat the scalpers... We'll see. Probably they ought to limit that torso and legs to 20/order, too, but, if they can JUST shift production to it until all the demand is met, that'd be even better.

And, well, they could raise the price on it a little too; round it up to 1USD per torso and legs. If a price increase is needed to incentivize Lego to produce enough to meet demand... Then that's fine with me.

Yesterday I had to call Lego, because my two orders sent few weeks ago still didn't arrive. The person who I spoke to, told me that at least here in Europe, once they are sent, should not have a big delay until they arrive, they are only having issues on sorting this orders. She told me this is first because they still have less people sorting this orders due to the COVID, and second that they saw a big increase in orders from Bricks & Pieces since people are at home. She end up sending me another order, as she said that the original one should have arrived days ago.

1 hour ago, Flak Maniak said:

Hopefully they can make enough Black Falcon torsos to defeat the scalpers... We'll see. Probably they ought to limit that torso and legs to 20/order, too, but, if they can JUST shift production to it until all the demand is met, that'd be even better.

And, well, they could raise the price on it a little too; round it up to 1USD per torso and legs. If a price increase is needed to incentivize Lego to produce enough to meet demand... Then that's fine with me.

Raising the price a little won't help. It is still significantly lower than the set price and the BL part out price so buyers will still want them. $10 would stop resellers but then it would stop most buyers too.

B&P should limit torso pieces, all of them, to somewhere between 10-25. 
Which reminds me I recently bought a Power Puff Girls set and the torso was broken. I need to order that piece.

The Tan Horse and Black Falcon bodies have been restocked at least 5 times in the recent weeks. I just check the website a bunch of times through the day/night looking for patterns, horses are up for about 30-45 mins, torsos are up for 1hr-2hr. It's usually the same time at night, eastern US (look at timestamp of my post in previous page). Now torso/legs/shield/helmet seem to be restocked at different times, so I might suggest getting a few pieces here-and-there if you see them in stock. 

Lego doesn't need to change price/production/customer limits. People just have to try to get what they want.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Raising the price a little won't help. It is still significantly lower than the set price and the BL part out price so buyers will still want them. $10 would stop resellers but then it would stop most buyers too.

I'm not saying that raising the price will stop the scalpers; I'm saying that it would make it worth Lego's while to focus on producing this part to sell directly to consumers. If they currently don't want to devote more mold time to these parts, despite them selling like hotcakes, then they should raise the price a little AND devote more mold time, because clearly there's significant demand.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know how to find the element IDs for the new parts in series 21 minifigures? Unlikely that any given part will be on B&P, but I'd like to check anyway.

Edited by Flak Maniak

51 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

does anyone know how to find the element IDs for the new parts in series 21 minifigures?

If you have one copy of a part, the design number will be printed on it somewhere in tiny print.  Then if it is on B&P you can find the element ID by searching the design number.  For example the centaur body is 67638 and is listed, but with a price of 0.00 USD.

35 minutes ago, fastlindyrick said:

If you have one copy of a part, the design number will be printed on it somewhere in tiny print.  Then if it is on B&P you can find the element ID by searching the design number.  For example the centaur body is 67638 and is listed, but with a price of 0.00 USD. 

That doesn't work if the part is printed or dual-molded or otherwise special.

12 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

I'm not saying that raising the price will stop the scalpers; I'm saying that it would make it worth Lego's while to focus on producing this part to sell directly to consumers. If they currently don't want to devote more mold time to these parts, despite them selling like hotcakes, then they should raise the price a little AND devote more mold time, because clearly there's significant demand.

If they do not make money on the horse piece that cost over 5$ a part then they are doing something really wrong! I do not think the price or earning money is the problem, but the limited space and the number of people allowed at work because of the pandemic :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Technically said:

Waiting for orange space torso:pir-oh:

I managed to phone in yesterday and ask a friendly fellow for some parts, he managed to get some on the system but then upon ending the call and placing the order for me it got auto cancelled, with him sending me an email to say so and that “it remains intentionally exclusive and so isn’t available for sale”. :/ 

sad times for classic space fans 

Hmm, when are the flat silver cylindrical helmets from the Blacksmith gonna come back in stock? Forgot to check for those when placing my last few orders; I figure some in that color won't hurt. Not sure what faction uses those, and what faction uses the pearl dark grey ones, but, they're both fine colors.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, Technically said:

People just have to try to get what they want.

The thing is, these parts are often going out of stock within an hour or so of someone reporting them being in stock (and in some places, I'm not sure they're in stock in the first place). People don't have time to check Bricks and Pieces every hour or so just in case, so there's a lot of luck involved in getting on at the right time. Lego really should be adding enough stock to at least last a day or so without running out. 

All the new sets added, parts listed but nothing available.

Funny to see this part resurected, but in DBG

2434.png

Edited by anothergol

2 hours ago, anothergol said:

All the new sets added, parts listed but nothing available.

Funny to see this part resurected, but in DBG

2434.png

Yeah I was building that set a few days ago and had a blast from the past when I saw this. It's something they could recreate with current parts (4 of the 1x2x1 2/3 brick and a 1x4 plate) so the designer must have wanted to bring this back

yeah, definitely can be made in other ways now... so why?

Which set is it in, please?

Edited by badgerboy

Something I’ve just noticed which find quite interesting, is that when you search up the VIDIYO Bandmates number on B&P, it’ll come up with a list of pretty much every fig’s parts and the tiles too - they’re all greyed out at $0.00 but still listed. Kind of strange since when you punch in a CMF number, the set pieces won’t come up because “like [us], [they] don’t know what’s in the bag” ...yet it doesn’t come up for the Bandmates CMF...

On 2/27/2021 at 5:57 AM, Nicster2000 said:

I managed to phone in yesterday and ask a friendly fellow for some parts, he managed to get some on the system but then upon ending the call and placing the order for me it got auto cancelled, with him sending me an email to say so and that “it remains intentionally exclusive and so isn’t available for sale”. :/ 

sad times for classic space fans 

Oh man, those who managed to order the torsos made out like bandits!

5 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Question, has anyone had Lego cancel an order once it's at the warehouse stage? Just curious.

Never had it happen personally but I've seen a fair few people mention it on here. It seems to happen when a set is at the end of its production run or runs out of stock, from what I can see. 

25 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Never had it happen personally but I've seen a fair few people mention it on here. It seems to happen when a set is at the end of its production run or runs out of stock, from what I can see. 

Ok, makes sense.