LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Well Watermelon was sold out already for me in the States. But I found these fun pieces:

image.png.d8cb51eda73a5ff7e4554177450c8ac0.png

And the black "shoe" is in stock now: 6328095

The green candle has become unavailable in France just when I placed my previous order...I had one in my basket, but could not order more. Now it's unavailable. :wall:

On 2/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, MKJoshA said:

i bought them sometime last year.

Here's my latest orders:

[image]

The One Ring is normal chrome plated. Not pearl gold for anyone wondering.

You wouldn't happen to have a list of the part numbers for the items you purchased would you? There's a few items in there I'd like to add to my first B&P order.

My December parts order finally shipped though I didn't receive an invoice or notice yet. The order status was changed to "Confirmed/Cancelled" - part of your order has shipped and part has been cancelled. They cancelled just one part: 6270017, Lucy's scarf from The LEGO Movie 2, which is still in stock and purchase-able :rofl:

These are the strange ways of B&P.

Well, it's been a while since I last posted.

I had two orders, two months apart.... yet came two days apart.

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Clahador

Also, forgive me if I'm too lazy to quote the previous posts but I'll be giving my two cents here. I know most of us here have been ordering B&P parts for a while now but seeing as people are asking, we might as well do a refresher:

---------------------------

RE: Delays (US)

Currently they're doing orders placed on from Jan 28, 2021 (I called in today regarding my order for that day as it says it's in the warehouse and they said that it's currently being fulfilled). Generally the larger the order, the longer it takes for things to be shipped out as parts come from different warehouses. You can refer to leftmost column of the final printed receipt that comes with your order.

Smaller orders tends to get get through faster... especially if it's just a bulk of one or two parts. Replacement parts, even if they do technically from Bricks and Pieces, goes through a different route and is fulfilled and shipped faster (it makes sense since broken / defective parts should have more priority).

As for shipment in the US, DHL handles it for the most part until it gets to customs. Most CSTeam members would be able to track it in this manner:

• Date it shipped (DHL, no tracking).
  • The interval in which it arrived in customs (still no tracking).
  • Date it was handed over for domestic shipping (USPS, with tracking).

So if you base it on those variables, you can safely estimate how long it took to get through customs. Most delays happen in the warehouse due to pending orders needing to be fulfilled, but because of the Pandemic, there's the added stretch with customs... Like for instance:

• Date of order: Dec. 26, 2020.
  • Date of shipment from the warehouse: Jan. 20, 2021.
  • Date it got out of customs: Feb. 21, 2021.
  • Date of arrival: Feb. 24, 2021.

RE: Previously "licensed" parts being unavailable initially

A good example was the winged horse from Harry Potter. Technically, they're licensed as "Abraxans" yet when you look at it it's just a horse with wing elements attached. Eventually they made it possible for us to buy them, though they still (regrettably) haven't made Thestrals available. :cry2:

Until now it's still a mystery to me for as to why some licensed parts are being made available-- though I'm not complaining. Hahaha!

RE: Out of stock elements

Typically, an element that's available only to one set is a great indicator for as to if a set would ever be back in stock or the set has come to its eventual retirement. It could technically be used for a new set, but unless it's a particularly versatile piece then stick with my prior premise.

If it's out of stock, you could always ask the CSTeam if ever they'll be producing more and sometimes even inquire for as to the general date in which they may become available as it shows in their system.

A good example of an indicator would be the reindeer element from the Elf Clubhouse. While it's out of stock most of the time, their system indicates that it's still in production (or at the very least its production hasn't ceased). They assured me that currently there's no plans of ceasing production especially since it came from a very recent seasonal set. 

As for ordering, if ever it does show that it's out of stock you could try calling them up to verify.... I remember I had a problem with my previous order starting to give me "limit reached" warnings for the trans light blue slide tubes until I could only get 1. I called and asked if they had 8 and they did say that their system says that it's in stock and they could punch in my desired quantity over the phone. I guess it's just a matter of patience and being lucky that the person on the other line was accommodating.

I hope that clarifies some things. Feel free to add or correct me if ever. I'm just trying to help.  :classic:

I wonder if any of the other parts from the Chinese New Year sets will become available for sale (I am especially interested in that orange smartphone tile).

More generally I wish there was a way to know about parts that have 0.00 price tag and "out of stock" and that will never become available (something I suspect is the case for the short sleeve police torso from last year's Main Square set along with the tram nose from the same set, the LEGO logo tile from the Grand Piano, the $ and police badge tiles from the City Advent Calendar and the cool yellow door from the Diagon Alley set, among other parts)

Edited by jonwil

11 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

My December parts order finally shipped though I didn't receive an invoice or notice yet. The order status was changed to "Confirmed/Cancelled" - part of your order has shipped and part has been cancelled. They cancelled just one part: 6270017, Lucy's scarf from The LEGO Movie 2, which is still in stock and purchase-able :rofl:

These are the strange ways of B&P.

I've bought and received that successfully in the past (over a year ago).  Maybe place another order for it?

12 hours ago, The_Creator said:

You wouldn't happen to have a list of the part numbers for the items you purchased would you? There's a few items in there I'd like to add to my first B&P order.

Luckly I always take screenshots before I place my order now. It's a lot of photos so I'll put it behind the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

image.png.c1abd202038e7c88e310a62d932e9b41.pngimage.png.75833ea11a4a7bec6103297ff65d2e68.pngimage.png.6316e4673fcf68b1d314797d50c804f6.pngimage.png.a9fa44edc76e05ce742377180762b83e.pngimage.png.49e9f9893e4c82b1e7727fb6a3aecb73.pngimage.png.a3467aa096d34cbe1366748b8241010f.pngimage.png.650ef11955e75f6b422748f732e00e31.pngimage.png.2eb1842efe48ce822ee8822f29e9f7c1.png

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Luckly I always take screenshots before I place my order now. It's a lot of photos so I'll put it behind the spoiler tag:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c1abd202038e7c88e310a62d932e9b41.pngimage.png.75833ea11a4a7bec6103297ff65d2e68.pngimage.png.6316e4673fcf68b1d314797d50c804f6.pngimage.png.a9fa44edc76e05ce742377180762b83e.pngimage.png.49e9f9893e4c82b1e7727fb6a3aecb73.pngimage.png.a3467aa096d34cbe1366748b8241010f.pngimage.png.650ef11955e75f6b422748f732e00e31.pngimage.png.2eb1842efe48ce822ee8822f29e9f7c1.png

Thanks so much! I'm going to print to PDF every order before I make it I think. lol

Finally got my order from early January in the mail. They're experiencing significant delays in the States due to the blizzard. Hoping everyone else waiting will get theirs soon!

Tan horse is gone, and I didn't see the reindeer because the element number crashes my B&P page. I can't bring myself to buy any now.

9 hours ago, Technically said:

White Horse and Black Falcon bodies are in stock for US people

Still nothing for us Europeans... :pir-cry_sad:

33 minutes ago, Hive said:

Still nothing for us Europeans... :pir-cry_sad:

I think it's not "still nothing" but "already gone".  Even 30min after someone reports them, these things are already gone..

The speed at which it seems to be disappearing from stock must be showing Lego that there's demand for this particular torso. I'd hope it's not going to be a one-shot confined to an expensive set, but will be used in Castle-esque sets for the next few years.

9 hours ago, Technically said:

Tan horse is gone, and I didn't see the reindeer because the element number crashes my B&P page. I can't bring myself to buy any now.

all I want is the horse, asleep in the US and loaded overnight and gone when I woke up

I'm always just a little behind whenever those torsos come available...grr

One day I'll grab some. Or to the expensive aftermarket!

Missed the horse again also :hmpf:

To me it only makes sense that they get very few in at the time. My guess is that they some time ago made the horse in one factory for a few hours or a couple of days until they had enough for the Blacksmith set and in stock at the warehouse. Then the horse arrives at B&P with a limited number say a bag of 200,500 or 1000. After all it is a big part that in theory should not be missing from the set very often. It is instantly sold out or they probably stop the sale so they have a minimum number left for missing or broken parts. Then the horse gets on the list with the other parts that are sold out or getting low in stock, then maybe once a week the order is sent to the warehouse. The parts are packed and shipped for B&P HQ and after some time the horse arrives and the same things happens again. Until someone realises that they must order 10x or 100x times the number of horses to stop the flow of orders :shrug_oh_well:

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is instantly sold out or they probably stop the sale so they have a minimum number left for missing or broken parts.

This is surely done automatically, or at least flagged. Nobody at Lego or elsewhere can be reasonably expected to keep an eye on the stock levels and rate of sale of every part in production, but can you imagine if a little kid spent all her pocket money on the blacksmith set, found out her box didn't have the horse in it, and then Lego couldn't even send her a replacement for ages because they'd sold them all to the AFOLs online.

And Lego can't have been expecting it to be such a huge seller (for some reason) or they'd have produced far more from the get-go - so it's not like somebody would have been watching the stock levels go down, anticipating the need to pull the trigger and shut down sales.

I remember how, when the first Benny astronaut packs came out, they were pretty difficult to get a hold of. I suspect the same is happening here. There is a group of AFOLs that really want these minifigs. I suspect supply will catch up eventually. If these are being bought by resellers in bulk, then expect the aftermarket price to drop down when they flood it.

Personally, I can't afford to place BAP orders frequently. I try to place 1-3 orders in a year, so I try to group my pieces. I probably will not bother with pieces that go this fast, because then I don't have the time to carefully pick my order.

26 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

This is surely done automatically, or at least flagged. Nobody at Lego or elsewhere can be reasonably expected to keep an eye on the stock levels and rate of sale of every part in production, but can you imagine if a little kid spent all her pocket money on the blacksmith set, found out her box didn't have the horse in it, and then Lego couldn't even send her a replacement for ages because they'd sold them all to the AFOLs online.

Most likely done automatically and that is the problem if they just keep on ordering 200 every week, if someone with a brain sees it they probably order 20 000 instead :tongue: I am not saying the little kid should not get her replacement horse if it is missing and of course that has a higher priority with Lego than I wanting to buy a herd, that is why they probably stop selling them before they run out completely..

36 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

And Lego can't have been expecting it to be such a huge seller (for some reason) or they'd have produced far more from the get-go - so it's not like somebody would have been watching the stock levels go down, anticipating the need to pull the trigger and shut down sales.

My point is that Lego already have made huge numbers of horses that is at a warehouse somewhere, but that the B&P orders asking for them is too small. It is not like they start up the machines in the factory to make 200 horses for B&P or that a employee can go back on the store room and pick up a box of them, his is a huge company with factories and warehouses "all over the world". I was just trying to exsplain why they sell out after 30 min every time :shrug_oh_well: