LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

11 minutes ago, Grover said:

I have two orders from Jan 1 that are in warehouse and I'm in the US.  I think they're pretty backed up.  Maybe it mattered how big or how diverse the order was, or even who was picking parts that day?  I wouldn't be too concerned yet.  Once it leaves the warehouse and it takes 2 months to get to you, then yeah, it's a problem!

Interesting, as my US order that was already delivered was placed after Jan 1. I called five days after placing my December 31st order and the customer service rep said it'd already been packed. But the site displays a warning that orders to Australia / NZ are taking even longer than the "regular" 5-7 weeks window. It's all a bit of a mystery isn't it.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Interesting, as my US order that was already delivered was placed after Jan 1. I called five days after placing my December 31st order and the customer service rep said it'd already been packed. But the site displays a warning that orders to Australia / NZ are taking even longer than the "regular" 5-7 weeks window. It's all a bit of a mystery isn't it.

Yeah, my medieval blacksmith says "in warehouse" on the order status online despite having been delivered last week too!

3 hours ago, Grover said:

I have two orders from Jan 1 that are in warehouse and I'm in the US.  I think they're pretty backed up.  Maybe it mattered how big or how diverse the order was, or even who was picking parts that day?  I wouldn't be too concerned yet.  Once it leaves the warehouse and it takes 2 months to get to you, then yeah, it's a problem!

When I ordered mine they said March 3rd, but that was a week or more ago now.

Huh interesting, thanks for the heads up and I've set my calendar!

In other news, Wu's Golden Beard is available for purchase! Part ID 6336258

And with that, every single exclusive part to the Golden Wu minifigure from Ninjago City Gardens can be bought off of BnP; he shares the same legs as all the other golden anniversary ninja and the golden hat is pretty common. Certainly beats paying the crazy $50+ Bricklink price!

10 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Orange space helmet is back!

The orange space helmet was also in the Ninjago City Gardens which would explain it’s re-stock...Oddly enough, when I contacted Customer Service about the rest of the parts for the orange spaceman she said “those pieces are not available for purchase”...

Edited by Nicster2000

2 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

And with that, every single exclusive part to the Golden Wu minifigure from Ninjago City Gardens can be bought off of BnP; he shares the same legs as all the other golden anniversary ninja and the golden hat is pretty common. Certainly beats paying the crazy $50+ Bricklink price!

Very good; hopefully Ronin's parts will be available soon too!

Oh also, unrelated, but I did mention the other day that I successfully ordered the Barracuda Bay sail set on the phone, right? It comes as one prepacked bag, and it cost 17 USD. I ordered two, but given how many ship hulls I have lying around, perhaps I should have ordered ten! (Yes yes, probably subject to CS representative RNG.)

Edited by Flak Maniak

Hey! I was browsing the pieces before going to bed “as usual” and I came across these two pics of what I thought was the same piece: I put it on my IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIt3wgpZey/?igshid=jozjavu139wq

I screenshot both and tried to overlay them on my phone. I can match the base perfectly so I guess they are in the same view angle. 

50932450187_5af6de946b_b.jpg

the newer number seems to have a longer neck here...

Newer

does anyone have both to compare? The blacksmith has the older piece number while the bonsai has the new number. Can’t wait to see if they are the same or not. 

5 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

Thanks! I ordered a few! I am now just missing the printed round tile with the ninjago logo. Hopefully it will restock soon

Edited by Megbricks

38 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

the newer number seems to have a longer neck here...

Very cool. If it's truly different it looks like the newer one has enough space for an actual bar connection near the tip.

10 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Very good; hopefully Ronin's parts will be available soon too!

Oh also, unrelated, but I did mention the other day that I successfully ordered the Barracuda Bay sail set on the phone, right? It comes as one prepacked bag, and it cost 17 USD. I ordered two, but given how many ship hulls I have lying around, perhaps I should have ordered ten! (Yes yes, probably subject to CS representative RNG.)

Dang, I did see that a while back but wasn’t sure if it was before or after the no back orders policy change, nice! Will have to try that and report back haha

Oh, it was a day or two before people in this thread said backorders were gone. So, if it's dependent on backorders, it may no longer be possible (and I should have indeed gotten ten sail sets in that case!).

The dark grey baby carrier from the Ninjago Gardens is available for sale now.

The ice-cream seller torso (the only new minifig part from Ninjago Gardens I want) isn't for sale yet though.

19 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Hey! I was browsing the pieces before going to bed “as usual” and I came across these two pics of what I thought was the same piece: I put it on my IG:

Interesting.

Talking about that part, I recently got it in LBG as a chinese clone. I don't even like those old elephants, but they were only a fraction of the price of the old grey elephant trunk & ears on BL, and here they're LBG instead - pretty useful!

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I saw this on Instagram earlier, LEGO is listening to us and responding positively:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLHMbR0JyIo/?igshid=1k9vzphrhzbsf

at the same time, the new clear material scratches even more easily - they kinda have to

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I saw this on Instagram earlier, LEGO is listening to us and responding positively:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLHMbR0JyIo/?igshid=1k9vzphrhzbsf

Good to hear about the box, not sure about the windscreens. These are from the more expensive sets, where they also come in zip bags and are probably prepacked that way. Same goes for the UCS A-wing windscreen I ordered back in December. It came in such a bag, but the trans clear Cone 8x4x6 came all scratched with the rest of the pieces ...

I received the new trans-clear glass 6278080 a couple days ago.  It came in a bag with everything else and was scratched.  I guess there are just specific pieces that they protect like that.

I also already received B&P orders packed in boxes, usually when it contained larger pieces. 
Trans-clear parts showed up either in their individual plastic bag (e.g. 66606), or not (e.g. 18990).

On 2/11/2021 at 4:04 AM, Megbricks said:

does anyone have both to compare? The blacksmith has the older piece number while the bonsai has the new number. Can’t wait to see if they are the same or not.

If that's the case then they're interchanging them. I checked for you as I should have both according to the brickset part lists but the ones came in my bonsai set (80479 according to brickset) are molded as 28959 right on the side of the piece, the older one.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, Clone OPatra said:

Very cool. If it's truly different it looks like the newer one has enough space for an actual bar connection near the tip.

Yea that would be cool!!

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

If that's the case then they're interchanging them. I checked for you as I should have both according to the brickset part lists but the ones came in my bonsai set (80479 according to brickset) are molded as 28959 right on the side of the piece, the older one.

Hmmm bricks and pieces also gives the 80479 number. Maybe like you said they are transitioning to the new shape(still not confirmed that they are different but surely looks like it) I’ll keep an eye on it for sure. 

The flat silver "Praetorian" armor from the Blacksmith set (6327807) is back in stock on B&P! (at least here in France)

No tan horse or black falcon parts though.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, Megbricks said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIt3wgpZey/?igshid=jozjavu139wq

How weird. I posted this 3 days ago and now on bricks and pieces the part listed in the bonsai set is no longer 80497 but 28959!?!?

6 hours ago, Aurore said:

The flat silver "Praetorian" armor from the Blacksmith set (6327807) is back in stock on B&P! (at least here in France)

No tan horse or black falcon parts though.

Oh Merci!

Soooo I like investigating:) I am still trying to find out what is that #80497 part coming from. It’s the newer slightly different elephant trunk part. 

three days ago I took this screenshot on bricks and pieces of the elephant trunk piece in the bonsai set:

https://flic.kr/p/2kBvdtE

today I check again on bricks and pieces In the bonsai set and that part number has been replaced by the older number 28959

50941291661_fa2dff9d34_b.jpg

Then I look on brickset to see in which set the 80497 is included and it is in the ox set (gift with purchase). To make sure I check on bricks and pieces a few minutes ago and I screenshot this:

50941355462_93d2d11671_b.jpg

that confirms the 80497 piece is included. I didn’t have the bonsai to check but I do have the ox set:”. So I opened it and the piece included is 28959 NOT 80497:

50940553648_2880b13f91_b.jpg50941248651_f63f0bc126_b.jpg50940553548_05d0dd68fa_b.jpg

so all of this is weird. Why do I bother? Because I love new pieces :) and I really want the one to be available on bricks and pieces. The longer neck part could maybe allow 2 connections instead of one. For trees for example it could be useful. 

Edited by Megbricks

@Megbricks I think it will be a case of LEGO updating a mould/piece that directly replaces another one, and will take time to phase in. So "officially" some new sets will use the updated version but in actuality will have the old one for some time. People better at remembering parts can probably name other examples off the top of their head, but it's something New Elementary has certainly talked about.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

People better at remembering parts can probably name other examples off the top of their head,

The parrot in the brick bank changed mould during the production of the set.
And the shark that consist of 2 moulds had a transition where one of the moulds on the shark was new and one old in some sets :shark:
I assume this is something Lego do when the mould is worn out, they find out if they should update it or make a identical one. If it is updated they probably use up the stock of the old one and then start using the new part in sets:shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

@Megbricks I think it will be a case of LEGO updating a mould/piece that directly replaces another one, and will take time to phase in. So "officially" some new sets will use the updated version but in actuality will have the old one for some time. People better at remembering parts can probably name other examples off the top of their head, but it's something New Elementary has certainly talked about.

Yeah they did it with a certain transparent piece, I forget which one.

Its also possible that the perceived differences in the images for the two elephant trunk piece part numbers are just that, digital rendering differences with the newer part simply having a more accurate render or rendered from a slightly different angle.