LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Right; we as fans have to make it clear that slow shipping/delayed shipping for backorders are totally fine, so long as we can get our parts eventually. That we prefer waiting a long time to being unable to order that part at all.

6 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I was also told that they got a lot of complaints from people who were promised that parts would be back in stock at a certain time, and it turned out that they had to wait much longer than anticipated. 

A few posts ago, i was talking about how we were fortunate to have such a service. And i also talked about how we must not complain too much about the service...unless a mistake is made of course 

See the passage I am quoting... that was exactly what I was talking about. We are in the middle of a pandemic. For some of us these orders come from across the planet. Complaints, when justified are often listened to even the if we don’t think so. Complaints because we are unhappy that we have to wait for our pieces a few more weeks also get heard. If they can’t change the delays, they just change the service offer. This is what I think happened here. 

this is my view, don’t hate me for it but I think we should complain less and realize that we have a great chance to have this service. 

Cool!! Thanks!

edit: just checked. Still at 0.00 here in Canada

100% agreed regarding the complaints issue. Huge shame that those seem to have actually played a part in back orders getting shut down... it’s a wonder LEGO even runs this service in the first place; I’m just dreading the day they decide to shut it down due to the sheer amount of effort associated to even run it and manually pick everyone’s orders. Let’s be grateful for what we have IMO and hope one of these days LEGO will reverse this new policy on back-orders.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:12 PM, Lord Insanity said:

When it come to "army building" figures I would consider 24 to be the bare minimum to even bother ordering.  Really aside from "just make more" what they need to do is enforce the "not for resale" rule and start banning accounts from Bricks and Pieces when they just turn around and list the parts for sale on Bricklink.  Now that Lego owns Bricklink and can compare addresses there really is no excuse not to do that.  I would put that at the top of the list of things to do, not the last resort.  Punish resellers, not those of us who are actually using the parts we buy.

There is a good reason they cannot. They are different companies for legal purposes and cannot share customers' personal data in that way. They also said they would not do that at the time of the purchase. 

I think you have to be careful when making large number of concerted complaints about the same thing to LEGO, it wouldn't surprise me that if they got a lot of complaints about bricks and pieces then they just close it down or make it purchase limit of 1 or 2 across everything, or however many are in a set, or something restrictive like that.

7 hours ago, MAB said:

There is a good reason they cannot. They are different companies for legal purposes and cannot share customers' personal data in that way. They also said they would not do that at the time of the purchase.

Interesting.  So one of the most useful things they should be able to do (market research) they can't?!

7 hours ago, MAB said:

I think you have to be careful when making large number of concerted complaints about the same thing to LEGO, it wouldn't surprise me that if they got a lot of complaints about bricks and pieces then they just close it down or make it purchase limit of 1 or 2 across everything, or however many are in a set, or something restrictive like that.

Well I wouldn't bother complaining to the customer service reps at all.  They have no real power to affect the necessary changes and any thing they pass up to the people that could would be filtered to uselessness.

Lets be realistic here, the number of third party and bootleg product on Amazon not just Chinese sites like Aliexpress is frankly alarming.  Covid related production problems aside Lego is going to have to step up their game in order to not be seriously knocked down by the competition.  Here on eurobricks we are the die-hard brand loyal fans. (or mostly anyway)  The vast majority of casual fans have no problem buying the alternatives especially since in the last few years the quality gap has become almost non-existent.  In fact many legitimate competitors are approaching or have achieved superior quality levels.  I have had many Lego 1x1 parts hairline crack upon putting them together for the first time in the last 2 years.  I haven't had any of the Mega Construx Masters of the Universe sets I picked up in the last 2 years have that problem.  No lame stickers to apply either, the parts are all printed.  Ignoring the competition and what they are doing better is a very dangerous game to play in the business world.

5 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

Interesting.  So one of the most useful things they should be able to do (market research) they can't?!

Well I wouldn't bother complaining to the customer service reps at all.  They have no real power to affect the necessary changes and any thing they pass up to the people that could would be filtered to uselessness.

Lets be realistic here, the number of third party and bootleg product on Amazon not just Chinese sites like Aliexpress is frankly alarming.  Covid related production problems aside Lego is going to have to step up their game in order to not be seriously knocked down by the competition.  Here on eurobricks we are the die-hard brand loyal fans. (or mostly anyway)  The vast majority of casual fans have no problem buying the alternatives especially since in the last few years the quality gap has become almost non-existent.  In fact many legitimate competitors are approaching or have achieved superior quality levels.  I have had many Lego 1x1 parts hairline crack upon putting them together for the first time in the last 2 years.  I haven't had any of the Mega Construx Masters of the Universe sets I picked up in the last 2 years have that problem.  No lame stickers to apply either, the parts are all printed.  Ignoring the competition and what they are doing better is a very dangerous game to play in the business world.

Lego has really laid on their laurels in the last few years, thinking that they would never have a serious competition. Now said competition is catching up fast and they really have to get up and start running to avoid their market share drastically lowering in the next decade. 

53 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

There's plenty of room to have this conversation over in General LEGO Discussion, not here in our Bricks & Pieces topic. Thanks.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/5-general-lego-discussion/

sorry.

On a more relevant topic, 3x3 X-wing intakes and "BRICK 2X2, W/4.85 HOLE, NO. 1" are back in stock, at least here in Italy they've been unavailable for a bit.

7 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

LEGO can do market research about what has sold on BL if they want to change B+P stock levels, they could always do that before the takeover. However B+P customers don't need to worry about their details being shared with bricklink or vice versa.

May I ask if you have ever had to pay import taxes from bricks and pieces? I live in Switzerland and made many others previously without any import taxes on both large and small orders from lego. Today I had to pay 29chf on an order of 118chf value. 

I received three orders from Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 and pretty sure those were complete, no errors, no omissions.

I've never heard of B&P partially completed orders sent, not counting combo PAB and B&P orders where those are sent separately.

I'm itching to place another order if I can get one Black Falcon torso and legs, and am hoping with the big Lego Ideas vote results for Castle theme, maybe these updated Castle prints will be more available soon.

I dug out an old Snowspeeder pilot from one of the very first yellow face Lego Star Wars sets and the helmet is really loose.

Does anyone have a single ID for the Mario stickered action tile pieces? I’ve been looking but I can’t find any. I found on this thread they were available at one point though!

26 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Does anyone have a single ID for the Mario stickered action tile pieces? I’ve been looking but I can’t find any. I found on this thread they were available at one point though!

They might have been removed off of B&P. Did you try looking on brickset?

12 hours ago, Boomz said:

May I ask if you have ever had to pay import taxes from bricks and pieces? I live in Switzerland and made many others previously without any import taxes on both large and small orders from lego. Today I had to pay 29chf on an order of 118chf value. 

No, I hadn't. But I live within the EU ...

13 hours ago, Boomz said:

I have had this problem before for over three months. I received orders 2-3 times a week where I Had to pay those  import fees. I contacted lego and it lasted for at least three month where I had to call them for each order and email a picture of the receipt and they would refund me. No one seemed to know what the problem was but it eventually went away. I am guessing it wasn’t Lego that was the problem but canada post. They were very Nice and never argued. 

23 hours ago, Boomz said:

I also live in Switzerland, and never had this issue before, and I did quite a lot of orders on the last months. What I noticed is, the biggest order I did, they sent it by DHL, the smallest all came by post. Don't know if somehow the rely on DHL to clear the biggest orders in the customs, or if it was only a coincidence.

11 hours ago, The Reader said:

No, I hadn't. But I live within the EU ...

5 minutes ago, Marinho said:

I also live in Switzerland, and never had this issue before, and I did quite a lot of orders on the last months. What I noticed is, the biggest order I did, they sent it by DHL, the smallest all came by post. Don't know if somehow the rely on DHL to clear the biggest orders in the customs, or if it was only a coincidence.

Most of my orders came with DHl with no extra customs, this is the first time it came by regular post and I was slapped with the customs fees.

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I have had this problem before for over three months. I received orders 2-3 times a week where I Had to pay those  import fees. I contacted lego and it lasted for at least three month where I had to call them for each order and email a picture of the receipt and they would refund me. No one seemed to know what the problem was but it eventually went away. I am guessing it wasn’t Lego that was the problem but canada post. They were very Nice and never argued. 

Thank you, I will give them a call to see if they can refund me the customs fees. 

4 minutes ago, Boomz said:

Most of my orders came with DHl with no extra customs, this is the first time it came by regular post and I was slapped with the customs fees.

It can be that then, because all the orders I received by post, are under our allowed customs limit. Probably when it's more than the allowed amount, they send with DHL for customs clearance, and by some error they did a mistake with your order.

1 minute ago, Marinho said:

It can be that then, because all the orders I received by post, are under our allowed customs limit. Probably when it's more than the allowed amount, they send with DHL for customs clearance, and by some error they did a mistake with your order.

I think that is a likely explanation, the customs declaration was written by hand and it's above the limits for VAT here which is about 65 CHF including postage. Mine was 147 just for the parts alone.

23 hours ago, Boomz said:

When I check out it is clear VAT has been paid (UK), so any second charge can be refused or charged back to lego.

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

When I check out it is clear VAT has been paid (UK), so any second charge can be refused or charged back to lego.

Ah yes indeed, I checked my invoice and VAT is already included. 

On 2/9/2021 at 1:03 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

I received three orders from Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 and pretty sure those were complete, no errors, no omissions.

I've never heard of B&P partially completed orders sent, not counting combo PAB and B&P orders where those are sent separately.

Just got an order yesterday placed at the beginning of January 2021. I checked it, no missing parts, errors or omissions as far as I could tell there. But I've had a few cases where a part or two was missing. I heard they're so overwhelmed right now that I could see it happening.

9 hours ago, Boomz said:

Ah yes indeed, I checked my invoice and VAT is already included. 

I don't know how it works for you, but here we can get any added VAT and processing fee from the mail company reversed if you can prove you have already paid the local VAT. That is, not if you paid a foreign country's VAT, as you are meant to claim that back and pay your own. But LEGO should be collecting VAT at your correct local rate so you should be fine.

I placed an order on the 31st of December. Still in warehouse (that's a full six weeks later for those keeping score). Any other Aussies or New Zealanders in this thread experience something similar recently?

Now that I know there are those potential payment holdups (though my order doesn't say anything about that), I'm wondering if I should call up, but at the same time I don't want to hassle them and make it seem like I'm really bothered when I'm not!

In the meantime an order I placed in early Jan to my US relatives shipped and arrived all within about five weeks.

Does anyone know/has anyone been told when the Black Falcon figure parts/horse will come back in stock? Unfortunately the LEGO rep I talked to today said they're no longer giving out stock estimates because they're relatively inaccurate and they don't want to disappoint people, so hoping someone may have heard of it before this apparent further policy change. 

BF torso: 6335192

BF Legs: 6335666

BF Shield: 6335631

BF Armor: 6327807

BF Helmet: 6327809 

Tan Horse: 6343565 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I placed an order on the 31st of December. Still in warehouse (that's a full six weeks later for those keeping score). Any other Aussies or New Zealanders in this thread experience something similar recently?

Now that I know there are those potential payment holdups (though my order doesn't say anything about that), I'm wondering if I should call up, but at the same time I don't want to hassle them and make it seem like I'm really bothered when I'm not!

In the meantime an order I placed in early Jan to my US relatives shipped and arrived all within about five weeks.

I have two orders from Jan 1 that are in warehouse and I'm in the US.  I think they're pretty backed up.  Maybe it mattered how big or how diverse the order was, or even who was picking parts that day?  I wouldn't be too concerned yet.  Once it leaves the warehouse and it takes 2 months to get to you, then yeah, it's a problem!

25 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

Does anyone know/has anyone been told when the Black Falcon figure parts/horse will come back in stock? Unfortunately the LEGO rep I talked to today said they're no longer giving out stock estimates because they're relatively inaccurate and they don't want to disappoint people, so hoping someone may have heard of it before this apparent further policy change.

When I ordered mine they said March 3rd, but that was a week or more ago now.

Edited by Grover