LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I sort of asked a similar question in another thread for BaM, but I also wanted to know, for B&P could it possibly be done that if I emailed CS for the parts of the orange spaceman to complete the order there? I’m not from the US so it would be pretty costly for me to try phone in...

7 hours ago, anothergol said:

Let me guess, the operator was new and didn't know what was going on with the system giving him errors, later realizing that it was because some parts didn't have a price yet.
I've been on hold for up to 1h15 like that (to be told that the no-price parts would be free, but of course they never are)

Really? I've gotten a handful of free parts over the years from nice operators. I got some dark brown midi-legs from Stranger Things, the bat-cessories pack, and a Great White Shark. All offered free for one reason or another.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

So when you backorder stuff over the phone, they can't even tell you how much your order will cost? You just place it and they later charge it for whatever?

Also can you place an advance order for both parts that are in stock and parts that aren't? So say I made an order for the orange spacemen that included the tan dog - does that work, and what if the dog went out of stock in the meantime?

I got an exact order total yesterday when I ordered the Black Falcon parts. And I got a receipt via email. And I ordered both in-stock and out-of-stock parts. All will be shipped at the same time when parts go back in stock.

1 hour ago, LettuceBrick said:

Does anyone have approximate pricing (I know it will vary depending on currency) for the Black Falcons Torso, Legs, and Shield?

image.png.2da1a9aeddc1aeb83877d3d516525dc1.pngimage.png.8e803216d7a4876395398e982631edce.pngimage.png.c18f47f836c26e8de1be8478f3e39049.pngimage.png.2238ee110341102e76ebece4dc69e3cd.pngimage.png.9537de8fa15783128ac69e8b46ecb0fa.png

I placed an order late last night after the 3rd time B&P crashed, and it was confirmed. It gave me an order number and everything.

But strangely, the order is not showing up under orders on my account, and I never received an email confirmation. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Also, it's probably already been discussed, but 2021 animals that were previously sold out like the Golden Retriever are back in stock in the US. I was also excited to see the green Mysterio smoke stand piece.

21 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I placed an order late last night after the 3rd time B&P crashed, and it was confirmed. It gave me an order number and everything.

But strangely, the order is not showing up under orders on my account, and I never received an email confirmation. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Lego is a little slow. You should get an email within 24 hours, if not you can always call. I hate calling people but everyone I've met or talked to at LEGO has always been super nice.

13 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

I've been getting mine relatively quickly, but I also agree with @Maple. It probably depends on your country. If you don't hear from them, you can always confirm or check your order status on their website.

Edited by Garmetrowolf

The order I placed over the phone a couple days back now says "Please contact customer service"... Ominous!

Also, sad that Ronin's parts from City Gardens don't seem to be up there.

3 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

The order I placed over the phone a couple days back now says "Please contact customer service"... Ominous!

Also, sad that Ronin's parts from City Gardens don't seem to be up there.

Sometimes that happens if there's an issue with a credit card or especially PayPal.  If you pay with PayPal, they'll authorize the amount for a short time, but if TLG doesn't charge it within that window, they need to reauthorize.  I've had it happen before, it's not a big deal.

16 hours ago, Nicster2000 said:

I sort of asked a similar question in another thread for BaM, but I also wanted to know, for B&P could it possibly be done that if I emailed CS for the parts of the orange spaceman to complete the order there? I’m not from the US so it would be pretty costly for me to try phone in...

I can only speak for europe, but no. They can place an order for you, but you'll still have to phone in order to pay. It doesn't seem to have changed since Paypal, but perhaps now it has.

17 hours ago, Nicster2000 said:

Why do you need to phone the US customer service department? Can't you phone the one for your region (unless you're in a region without one)?

Now ideally you could just backorder parts on the website!

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Sometimes that happens if there's an issue with a credit card or especially PayPal.  If you pay with PayPal, they'll authorize the amount for a short time, but if TLG doesn't charge it within that window, they need to reauthorize.  I've had it happen before, it's not a big deal.

Is there a way to resolve it on the website? Or do they really expect me to call and wait for an age? (And further, shouldn't they tell me on the website what the issue is?) I mean, yeah, I'll call them tomorrow, but man if it's just confirming payment info... They really should be able to just ask for that on the site. You know, as they do when one places an order on the site!

38 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

Now ideally you could just backorder parts on the website!

And let people backorder new pieces into oblivion so nobody can get them for months? Yeah that's not a good idea.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Why do you need to phone the US customer service department? Can't you phone the one for your region (unless you're in a region without one)?

That’s the case, I don’t live in the US but I managed to find someone who would help me but letting me order parts to their address and then post to me

8 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Is there a way to resolve it on the website? Or do they really expect me to call and wait for an age? (And further, shouldn't they tell me on the website what the issue is?) I mean, yeah, I'll call them tomorrow, but man if it's just confirming payment info... They really should be able to just ask for that on the site. You know, as they do when one places an order on the site!

Not as far as I know.  They really expect you to call.  I've had it happen with PayPal a few times and once with credit card.

Ok so, when I woke up and came down to my computer... A SECOND order (one made on Jan 12!) then said "Please contact customer service". So I called. The Jan 12 order was the thing you said, PayPal didn't work correctly since the wait was too long for backordered parts. That was resolved as you said, by just giving credit card info.

The original "Please contact customer service" order (Feb 2) was something different: It seems like the head from the Cyber-Drone is not allowed to be sold (yet, if at all), and so that one had to be removed. Also apparently despite being in this nothing-yet-done state, that Feb 2 order couldn't be added to? Very strange.

5 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

Also apparently despite being in this nothing-yet-done state, that Feb 2 order couldn't be added to? Very strange.

Not that strange. These orders go through multiple systems before being assembled and packed, as soon as the order has moved on from the initial database they can't change anything about it's contents.

A recent B&P order had a prompt email confirmation with order number, then didn't show up in Order Status weeks later after a subsequent order did show up in Order Status. The first order ended up shipping, but still not in Order Status.

Also, a printed licensed part from a 2012 set was available in B&P in 2020. It was only used once in a licensed themed set and twice in misc parts sets. If a licensed part becomes 8 yrs old, can I have hope to buy it on B&P?

Edited by BubbaFit45531

I don't think anyone outside of LEGO will ever know the criteria for whether parts become available on B&P or not.

Even a fairly basic generic part might be considered "licensed" in a specific color for some reason.

6 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Ok so, when I woke up and came down to my computer... A SECOND order (one made on Jan 12!) then said "Please contact customer service". So I called. The Jan 12 order was the thing you said, PayPal didn't work correctly since the wait was too long for backordered parts. That was resolved as you said, by just giving credit card info.

The original "Please contact customer service" order (Feb 2) was something different: It seems like the head from the Cyber-Drone is not allowed to be sold (yet, if at all), and so that one had to be removed. Also apparently despite being in this nothing-yet-done state, that Feb 2 order couldn't be added to? Very strange.

As soon as it goes to warehouse you can't add to the order.  You have a very short window for that.

As for things coming on B&P, usually if it's labeled 'licensed' it never does, but occasionally it will, such as with the white bird.  It originally came in a disney set, but came last year in a few other unlicensed sets.  It stayed unavailable for a long time but a few months back became available.  It is a rare exception, however.  I am hoping a few things, like the pig, come off the 'licensed' list, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Canticleer blues said:

@Flak Maniak and others: if you want the Cyber Drone head (6329386), you might want to check the site again, because it looks like it just became available.

R-really?! The same day I called in?! So, I shouldn't have called in at all!

I am hoping those awesome escalator pieces from the Ninjago Gardens and the Friends shops become available from B&P as those would be really cool to get hold of a couple dozen of for some future stuff.

Btw for those who were looking for 69066 & 68504, they're available now. Way too expensive for tiny massable parts. Trunc is pretty useful for texturing, but you'd need quite a lot.

69066.png250x250p.jpg?1599485853.4216938

2 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I am hoping those awesome escalator pieces from the Ninjago Gardens and the Friends shops become available from B&P as those would be really cool to get hold of a couple dozen of for some future stuff.

Yeah, but sadly for decoration purposes, the clip part won't have friction

7 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I see I'm not all caught up on new pieces :grin: What escalator pieces?