LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

13 hours ago, jonwil said:

Is there any tool out there that can show what's in stock and what's not (something to make it easier than manually plugging in every number from my wish list to figure out just what's available right now?P)

yes... the brickhunter tool that I told you about 3 posts up :rofl:

@koalayummies nice parts! didn't knew they have those brown corner tiles, have them added now to my wanted list, thanks :)

16 hours ago, TWP said:

Btw, for the plethora of people saying they loose their carts on B&P, and those that want BnP to integrate with bricklink:  I would recommend the brickhunter tool. You can then just make a wanted list in bricklink with the pieces and quantities you need, and automatically import it into B&P. If your cart fails, then you can just re-import. I've used this tool twice now, and it is really amazing. BnP used to be a chore, but now I can get my order done in like 30 seconds, instead of 3 hours! It's like magic :laugh:

People really should not be using this tool.  It's basically malware that hooks into your authentication on shop.lego.com, but you have to grant them all your credentials to all websites.  Another downside is it prevents you from using referral discounts like rakuten.com.  I couldn't technically find any current malicious problems with the code when I looked at it, but given that you've already granted them heavy permissions to install the plugin, they could push a silent update later and do whatever they want.

Edited by Tusserte

On 1/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, Megbricks said:

If they get stuck with 1000s of dollars in reindeer, they might reevaluate what they are doing.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, Fuppylodders said:

Would be awesome to have the scalpers with a crap ton of reindeer they can't shift though, and literally, everyone wins. TLG sold loads, we all get ours, and scalpers bought some too :laugh:

Resellers will never be left with reindeer that they cannot sell, unless LEGO produce so many that nobody wants any more, which is unlikely. That would also mean LEGO inevitably get stuck with overproduced stock.

Even if LEGO saturate the market with them, then at worse resellers that have bought 100s would have to offload them at cost price or a little lower. Once they are cheaper than LEGO, they will sell. They may lose a little after fees, but they are not stuck with them. Plus there are many LEGO buyers that do not know about bricks and pieces, or do not have access to it or want the parts reasonably quickly.

The only other way that resellers would make a loss is for LEGO to dramatically reduce the prices of them. Then serious money is lost to match the price. However, to do that they would need to inflate the prices at the start of offering them before cutting them. If LEGO start to do that, it is the casual LEGO fan that wants new pieces that will also lose out, as they will be overpaying for parts when released if LEGO intends to reduce them later.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, anothergol said:

But it's all automated. What's the time of the automated process, especially for the low quantities of reindeers, compared to the design & preparation time before launching the process? It wouldn't double the time/labor to produce 2x more, that's for sure.

While production is automated, the installation of the mould is not automated, it is done manually. So of course LEGO could produce double the number they actually need for sets but that would lead to large numbers needing to be stored even though not needed. To be efficient, they would need to identify what ones they think they are going to sell a lot of outside of the sets process via bricks and pieces. But their primary goal is to sell sets, bricks and pieces is not meant as sales route. What they cannot do is keep going back and producing just another batch of 10000 then another batch of 10000 and so on for bricks and pieces, as that requires one mould to be removed, the next one to be cleaned, installed, tested and got ready for production. That is a lot of time for the moulding machine to be doing nothing. Hence they tend to make the number they need for sets plus some, but that plus some is not an endless supply.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, anothergol said:

I'd rather buy a chinese copy, the only risk is that it'll be badly painted, but it won't be as bad as what many sellers dare to sell. I don't even understand how Lego hasn't seen used parts as a problem. I suppose that Lego assumes that it's purely a market for adults, but parts that have gone through unknown hands/mouthes, that's unsafe for kids.

If you'd prefer to have fake parts rather than genuine used ones, then buy fake. What is wrong with used LEGO? One of LEGO's selling points is that bricks made 10, 20, 50 years ago can still be used with today's bricks. For them to come out and say that used bricks are unsafe completely undermines that. On BL, a lot of used parts are decent quality. A seller is meant to indicate if it has more than expected wear and damaged parts are not meant to be sold.

6 hours ago, TWP said:

nice parts! didn't knew they have those brown corner tiles, have them added now to my wanted list, thanks :)

Glad it could help! I often forget to search out the more mundane pieces like that but recolors are just as important as the new molds!

@koalayummies what is that tan piece that looks like a flower stem/crown in the lower left quadrant near the revolvers? I don't think I've ever seen that piece before (I didn't want to quote the whole picture). Thanks!

Much thanks. I don't own either of those sets, so makes sense. I will have to look into that. Looks interesting. Is there a pin opening on bottom to connect to things. (I'll just go to brickset to look). Thanks again.

Nah there's no pin opening on the bottom, I wished it did as well. But its still pretty versatile. You can't connect the bracelet-style flowers (like the modular building flowers) to all three stems as one is too short but you can with the newer flowers and the three-leaf plants.

@TheLegoDr

50862987903_e9a9c4407a_c.jpg

4 hours ago, MAB said:

To be efficient, they would need to identify what ones they think they are going to sell a lot of outside of the sets process via bricks and pieces. But their primary goal is to sell sets, bricks and pieces is not meant as sales route

By now Lego certainly well knows the demand for animals.
And yes they totally shouldn't focus on that, B&P is most likely only responsible for an insignificant fraction of their income. But that was my point, it's Lego who's to blame here, they're responsible for shortages of parts & it's fully understandable why.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

One of LEGO's selling points is that bricks made 10, 20, 50 years ago can still be used with today's bricks.

I happen to still have mine from the 80's - they're still "usable" but so beat up that none of them should ever end up on BL.
Perhaps today's parts will survive 50 years because kids don't unassemble stuff anymore, but I see at least 4 reasons for used parts to be bought with care (color incompatibility, yellowing, scratches/defects, and salmonella :) )

Edited by anothergol

36 minutes ago, anothergol said:

BL.... and salmonella :) )

Scalpers and bacteria! The two viruses have combined, this is antigenic shift.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, koalayummies said:

Mid Dec order. Predominantly small parts, mostly 4070 headlight bricks and the rounded tiles. Threw in a stingray like everyone else :tongue:

Nice haul. Where is the dark brown dress piece from?

On 1/21/2021 at 10:20 PM, mscott71 said:

The funniest part of the whole conversation was when he said "You have to understand that we're not a huge company like Amazon. We're just a family owned business." Sure they're not the size of Amazon but I'm pretty sure they've reached the size to be able to have a working ecommerce system.

Technically, I work for a 'family-owned company' as well. But it is in the top-3 of (private/semi-private) companies with the most employees in my country. And in Belgium alone they employ roughly twice the number of employees as Lego does worldwide.

5 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Technically, I work for a 'family-owned company' as well. But it is in the top-3 of (private/semi-private) companies with the most employees in my country. And in Belgium alone they employ roughly twice the number of employees as Lego does worldwide.

Walmart is family owned... even though it's publicly traded. :laugh:

On 1/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, koalayummies said:

Nah there's no pin opening on the bottom, I wished it did as well. But its still pretty versatile. You can't connect the bracelet-style flowers (like the modular building flowers) to all three stems as one is too short but you can with the newer flowers and the three-leaf plants.

@TheLegoDr

I'm quite late to the party, but it's possible to connect three flowers of the round-plate-with-5-petals kind (24866) on that part if you put them upside down. You would have to put the one on the shorter stem first, then the middle-sized one, then the taller one.
That's what I did here (with the black stem version), to represent a mandrake on the GoH forum 

50019972506_fd7867fe6b.jpg

32 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I'm quite late to the party, but it's possible to connect three flowers of the round-plate-with-5-petals kind (24866) on that part if you put them upside down. You would have to put the one on the shorter stem first, then the middle-sized one, then the taller one.
That's what I did here (with the black stem version), to represent a mandrake on the GoH forum :

Never too late! Excellent info. I did try upside down but didn't want to force all three as it looked very tight, great to know it works though thanks!

The tan dog is back for those waiting. Hilarious that the dog costs less than the dog harness.

Not much else new added recently; at least not the stuff on my wanted list.

Got a nice order in finally!  A few dogs, some torsos and Mysterio's green "smoke".  Let's see how long it takes to arrive...

What's the Design ID of that long pole/shaft/axle with ribs in that pic of the various parts from an order? How is that used? Seems like something that might come in handy. Is it flexible?

I don't have the exact design number for that one part in the image but all the various lengths and colors of that part can be found here https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=527 (you should be able to find design IDs and element IDs there as well for B&P searches) and they are most definitely flexible (I own a bunch of them myself and can confirm)

On 1/25/2021 at 1:01 AM, BubbaFit45531 said:

What's the Design ID of that long pole/shaft/axle with ribs in that pic of the various parts from an order? How is that used? Seems like something that might come in handy. Is it flexible?

57 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I don't have the exact design number for that one part in the image but all the various lengths and colors of that part can be found here https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=527 (you should be able to find design IDs and element IDs there as well for B&P searches) and they are most definitely flexible (I own a bunch of them myself and can confirm)

Good looking out Johnwil. :thumbup:

The one in my picture is the "7M" length. 32580 Flex Rod 7M

Good example of that part type usage on Pirates of Barracuda bay, front of the ship in yellow. Flexy.

21322_Back_06_01.jpg

That's 32200 Flex Rod 12M