LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

On 12/29/2020 at 11:12 AM, BrickTwo said:

A documentation is available for version 1.1 (current is 1.3) in german. I'm currently working on a update and will then also support english:
Home · BrickTwo/BrickHunter Wiki (github.com)

Let me know if you a question or if are missing a feature.

I looked at the source code out of curiosity. Looks like this app forces the LEGO affiliate to be your company by changing our LEGO store cookies (localStorage).  Does this cause problems if we also use an app like Rakuten to get our own discounts from that affiliate service?  I think we would lose that info.

I want to add that your permission request is very extreme right now: "read and change all your data on the sites you visit". That's a very broad request and can lead to malware or other issues if you abuse this privilege.  Can you please narrow the scope of your permission request for the extension?

On 12/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, BrickTwo said:

The extension works for all countries where you can order bricks and pieces. The availability should be correct for about 99% over all countries! but you will get the 100% correct state when you are loading the prices before sending it to the shopping card in the lego online shop.
the availability are mainly dividable into three regions: 1. germany/irland, 2. usa and 3. rest of the world. so I grab the data for germany, usa and france to show the pieces for each countries. however, there are a few single pieces that are available in i.e. australia or switzerland but not in france and therefor will not be shown in the list. that's the main reason why I still mark this feature as beta until I have a solution for this.

Did you join the forum just to promote your extension? It is actually against the terms and conditions you agreed to when joining. 

6 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I looked at the source code out of curiosity. Looks like this app forces the LEGO affiliate to be your company by changing our LEGO store cookies (localStorage).  Does this cause problems if we also use an app like Rakuten to get our own discounts from that affiliate service?  I think we would lose that info.

I want to add that your permission request is very extreme right now: "read and change all your data on the sites you visit". That's a very broad request and can lead to malware or other issues if you abuse this privilege.  Can you please narrow the scope of your permission request for the extension?

1. No one is forced to use my affiliate links, the user can choose "without Affiliate" before sending the parts to the shopping cart in the LEGO shop.
2. The permission is needed to place send the order in the LEGO Shop. For the Pick a Brick BrickHunter needs to read the gqauth key out of the cookie and for the bricks and pieces BrickHunter has to write into the session storage to prefill the shopping cart.

15 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Did you join the forum just to promote your extension? It is actually against the terms and conditions you agreed to when joining. 

I already joined back in October but sadly find out afterwards that I can't upload pictures of my MOCs here. I hope I find a solution for this that works for me in the near future :)

4 hours ago, BrickTwo said:

I already joined back in October but sadly find out afterwards that I can't upload pictures of my MOCs here. I hope I find a solution for this that works for me in the near future :)

We can recommend many photo hosting sites including Flickr, Instagram, and Bricksafe. If you need more help with that then please reach out to a Moderator like myself or @Peppermint_M. That fact that your only posts advertise your extension does not look good. Right now you are violating the terms of agreement you signed when you made your account.

9 hours ago, BrickTwo said:

1. No one is forced to use my affiliate links, the user can choose "without Affiliate" before sending the parts to the shopping cart in the LEGO shop.
2. The permission is needed to place send the order in the LEGO Shop. For the Pick a Brick BrickHunter needs to read the gqauth key out of the cookie and for the bricks and pieces BrickHunter has to write into the session storage to prefill the shopping cart.

1. I think "without affiliate" will clear the affililate based on your code, still losing the ability to use Rakuten or our normal affiliate.

2. I don't want to give your extension my login credentials just to place an order that way.  I feel like there is probably a way to send browser messages to accomplish all your purposes without us having to reveal all our private info.  I don't personally care to figure it out for myself, but unfortunately I can't use your app in this implementation.

Mods, we've really gotten off topic; I would honestly recommend removing that link to the extension as it's one hidden update away from being malware.

Not all heroes wear capes, your investigative work and interwebz knowledge is appreciated Tusserte.

On topic there's only a few more hours until bricklink resellers swallow up all the brand new pieces within two minutes! Very exciting! :tongue::hmpf_bad:

When I looked at the website I received a message from my browser to make sure I trusted the source because they had no malware monitoring to protect me from anything malicious on the site.  Not saying the site is a problem but I won't download anything that isn't from a trusted & verified safe site.   

3 hours ago, Tusserte said:

1. I think "without affiliate" will clear the affililate based on your code, still losing the ability to use Rakuten or our normal affiliate.

2. I don't want to give your extension my login credentials just to place an order that way.  I feel like there is probably a way to send browser messages to accomplish all your purposes without us having to reveal all our private info.  I don't personally care to figure it out for myself, but unfortunately I can't use your app in this implementation.

Mods, we've really gotten off topic; I would honestly recommend removing that link to the extension as it's one hidden update away from being malware.

1. It's tested, it don't affect any other existing affiliate programs if you use "without affiliate". In this case the lego.com is just opened with the plain link lego.com, no preset cookies or whatever is touched this way.

2. I sadly didn't a way to do it without it. If you know one i would be happy to implement it differently.

I removed the direct links to the store, I hope this is ok for you now.

3 hours ago, karrit said:

When I looked at the website I received a message from my browser to make sure I trusted the source because they had no malware monitoring to protect me from anything malicious on the site.  Not saying the site is a problem but I won't download anything that isn't from a trusted & verified safe site.   

The download page is the official Chrome Store or Firefox Addon page. I don't know what you are using, but this is clearly a false alarm.

Do we have a dedicated topic or website for all the new parts that will be released hopefully tomorrow?

Like parts code. Or if people would post the codes of the parts they ordered, that would be awesome!

I have no life and I'm checking new sets in B&P, they're there!

(but missing many parts. Usually they're listed but not available, they're just not listed at all)

Edit: not worth it for now, many sets, nothing of what I was waiting for is even listed. Most likely the new parts are flagged to appear at a later date.

Edited by anothergol

31 minutes ago, anothergol said:

I have no life and I'm checking new sets in B&P, they're there!

(but missing many parts. Usually they're listed but not available, they're just not listed at all)

I wouldn't be alarmed, I checked the missing bricks section and none of the new pieces are listed there either. This means they aren't in the system yet. Usually January 3rd at the latest they are added.

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

I wouldn't be alarmed, I checked the missing bricks section and none of the new pieces are listed there either. This means they aren't in the system yet. Usually January 3rd at the latest they are added.

I would suspect everything is in the system way before we're allowed to see it. When placing phone orders, operators see a lot of stuff we're not seeing, they can even tell that a recolor is gonna be released months later & in which sets.

The new sets are on B&P but sadly Big disappointment Almost all new pieces are labeled as 0.00$ and not available. Last time they did this most of the 0,00$ never became available. Very disappointed.

I woke up rather early this morning, grabbed a cup of coffee, and expected to place a nice order. Just like @Megbricks, almost no new part was available. And when I tried to checkout (a few B&P parts and two sets), I got an error... :hmpf_bad: Anyone been able to order from France?

EDIT : I had to log out, recreate my cart without being logged in, initialise the checkout process and log in afterwards, and it worked. Cache issues, I guess. Phew!

Edited by Aurore

15 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

The only new pieces I see available so far are the ones from the three delayed DOTs bracelets. :P

I spotted (and ordered) the following new parts :
- printed tiles from the DOTS Mermaid & Ice Cream bracelets (but they don't seem to be delayed? I may have missed something) ;
- the dark blue sweater from the Spring Lantern Festival (that looks like one that was recently available at BAM, but with a back print) ;
- the Ring part, listed as pearl gold while it was ony chrome gold until now.

And that's all...:sceptic:

Edited by Aurore

Just now, Aurore said:

printed tiles from the DOTS Siren & Ice Cream bracelet (but they don't seem to be delayed? I may have missed something) 

The Mermaid, Ice Cream (and Adventure) bracelets were all supposed to release last summer, but we’re delayed until today. Oddly the 1x1 printed rounds of the Adventure set aren’t available. XP   

Speaking of DOTs I wonder why the printed 1x1 quarter tile pieces are so much more expensive than other printed 1x1s on Bricks and Pieces? 

Edited by Soupperson1

7 hours ago, Aurore said:

I woke up rather early this morning, grabbed a cup of coffee, and expected to place a nice order. Just like @Megbricks, almost no new part was available. And when I tried to checkout (a few B&P parts and two sets), I got an error... :hmpf_bad: Anyone been able to order from France?

EDIT : I had to log out, recreate my cart without being logged in, initialise the checkout process and log in afterwards, and it worked. Cache issues, I guess. Phew!

I was able to finally place my order. Of course I tried so many times that I ended up making a mistake and order twice the same product. But it is all so complicated that I leave it like that. Now I am trying to place another order and I get this COMMON.checkout.ERROR message everytime. I got tons of charges on my PayPal and the orders didn’t go through on the website so I will have to wait 5-10 days for these to be cancelled. It is really a pain. 
as far as the bricks goes I will wait a few days and check again. 

41 minutes ago, BrickWorld_PL said:

With this beautiful list it will be easier to make my list :)

48 minutes ago, BrickWorld_PL said:

Thanks! I think the way to read the list is anything with a non-zero price is actually for sale (ctrl-f "PLN" to find them).  Anything with price 0 is not for sale but could potentially be for sale later.  In 2020 those types of items did not have a good track record of  becoming for sale later, though.  Anything with licensed "true" is never going to be for sale unless that status changes (happens very rarely in both directions).

8 hours ago, Aurore said:

- printed tiles from the DOTS Mermaid & Ice Cream bracelets (but they don't seem to be delayed? I may have missed something) ;
- the dark blue sweater from the Spring Lantern Festival (that looks like one that was recently available at BAM, but with a back print) ;

Nice haul, but I agree, this is so disappointing!

Edited by Garmetrowolf

10 hours ago, Aurore said:

I can't even check out until recently, and that not even on a computer.  Their website needs some serious work.  I'm hopeful it gets back working before all the pieces drop.

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If I remember correctly this scenario happened before and the pieces eventually were sold. Take with a grain of salt though.

Yeah, aside from the printed Mario tiles, they will all eventually be sold.. but it could be tomorrow or in 3 months..

I'm glad I "went chinese" for some of those I was interested in, I for ex already own 1x1 upwards brackets in LBG & bricks with studs on 2 sides in DBG, I don't need to wait for Lego who doesn't want my money. (and as an added bonus, the clone brick with studs on 2 sides has a hollow stud on top, the way Lego should have done it)