LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

44 minutes ago, The Reader said:

I have heard that NINJAGO is a inhouse license. Whatever this does mean ...

It means Ninjago is officially licensed and owned by LEGO and recognised as such by law, inhouse refers to it being created by LEGO themselves. Ninjago being ''upgraded'' to a license unlike something like Hidden Side might have something to do with the tv show.

It seems like the licensing restrictions are rather arbitrary anyway. After all, you can purchase the new Captain Marvel helmet pieces but can't buy a pig as mentioned earlier. Not all of it makes sense, but I suppose we just have to make due with what they decide and be happy with what's available.

It's definitely possible that certain Ninjago parts are considered "licensed" in some way, for some arbitrary reason. But "Ninjago is licensed in general and thus always unavailable" is transparently false. I mean, even the haul shots in this thread disprove it! Lego's fragment of policy up there is clearly not accurate, given all the Ninjago minifig parts available on B&P right now.

Regarding capes, you can actually find various ones listed on B&P as out of stock. (Haven't found one listed as in stock yet.) So, clearly they're theoretically available there. (And, again, the claim was that EVERY POSSIBLE cape is licensed, not just that the specific ones I asked for were. The person told me they couldn't sell me any sort of capes at all, because they're licensed.)

"There are arbitrary rules and these particular parts aren't available because screw you that's why" is fine, but telling me "Ninjago parts can't be sold at all" (as the Lego employee claimed) is clearly false, even if they have a written policy that says or implies it. Again, I want to know what the actual rules and policies are, even if they're "this part is unavailable for unstated reasons". I just don't like being given reasons that are clearly not the real ones.

Will try again tomorrow probably; guess it's down to Employee Roulette. At this point I suppose I'm driven as much by pride/frustration as anything else. Maybe I'll get the British guy again!

7 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

It's definitely possible that certain Ninjago parts are considered "licensed" in some way, for some arbitrary reason. But "Ninjago is licensed in general and thus always unavailable" is transparently false. I mean, even the haul shots in this thread disprove it! Lego's fragment of policy up there is clearly not accurate, given all the Ninjago minifig parts available on B&P right now.

Regarding capes, you can actually find various ones listed on B&P as out of stock. (Haven't found one listed as in stock yet.) So, clearly they're theoretically available there. (And, again, the claim was that EVERY POSSIBLE cape is licensed, not just that the specific ones I asked for were. The person told me they couldn't sell me any sort of capes at all, because they're licensed.)

"There are arbitrary rules and these particular parts aren't available because screw you that's why" is fine, but telling me "Ninjago parts can't be sold at all" (as the Lego employee claimed) is clearly false, even if they have a written policy that says or implies it. Again, I want to know what the actual rules and policies are, even if they're "this part is unavailable for unstated reasons". I just don't like being given reasons that are clearly not the real ones.

Will try again tomorrow probably; guess it's down to Employee Roulette. At this point I suppose I'm driven as much by pride/frustration as anything else. Maybe I'll get the British guy again!

Like most written rules, they are the real rules. It is just that rules are interpreted in different ways by different people.

Being able to prove that some Ninjago parts have been sold doesn't mean that all should be available, and the same happens with licensed parts. In general, they should not be sold. However, some slip through. Unfortunately, nowhere near as many as used to. If you want to know what the actual rules and policies are, then read them. I've posted you some of the rules above, they aren't able to sell minifigures or speciality bricks from Ninjago. They don't apply the rule very well, but that is the actual rule.

Rules are sometimes frustrating, but also generally not made by the people answering phones. I really don’t get the apparent indignation here. It is what it is. We are lucky to be fans of a brand with excellent customer service. Maybe give those guys a break. 

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

All I will say is that I am just very happy to have the B&P service. 

Me too! It's completely changed the way I buy sets to be able to acquire rare parts so easily. :laugh:

On 7/4/2019 at 12:12 AM, typingduck said:

Hey,

I just discovered 'bricks and pieces' last week. It's really strange the way it's a little hidden but much more stuff than pick a brick. This thread was really helpful as well as the excellent Jonas spreadsheet.

But what with the cart timing out and search being a little difficult I just ended up downloading all the bricks I could find (11K) and organizing them myself into web pages. I then added the ability to click on bricks to remember what I wanted. 

In case it helps any of you (as this thread was so helpful), you can find the bricks I organized here https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com/

The prices/what's available are a snapshot for Ireland/euro over the weekend.

I would be interested to know of any bricks I missed. I might deploy the page to a proper home/domain but knowing me I'll never get around to it. But let me know if it's useful for anyone and I'll be more inclined.

I just discovered bricks and pieces, this thread and website are super helpful! Thank you. 

@typingduck - how do you export the items from the bricks and pieces page? One minor suggestion would be to have a date last updated. Thank you again, it’s a super helpful site! 

5 hours ago, Megbricks said:

All I will say is that I am just very happy to have the B&P service. 

Yes I'm pretty sure your love for B&P is reflected in TLG's annual revenue reports. :tongue:

4 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Me too! It's completely changed the way I buy sets to be able to acquire rare parts so easily. :laugh:

Yeah we should just be happy that we can order individual parts this way.

Too many novel-length complaints about orcs and capes and TLG could just decide: "You know what? Its closed. It didn't bring us that much in revenue (except for Megbricks :tongue:) and it required a lot of human labor to pick out all these crazy orders and to top it off half of them were just being resold by slimeballs on Bricklink for massive profits anyway so it's done, finished".

My second order got here; finished counting it and yeah it's all there. (In fact they gave me four of one minifig head I ordered two of; everything else was exactly as many as I ordered.) Good stuff!

Probably I should have ordered less; who knows when I'll use the extra set of summer 2019 spin energy effects. Hopefully I'll find good figure parts to pair with all the helmets that I ordered. We'll see! (And yeah you can call me impulsive for ordering more summer 2019 forbidden spinjitzu cowls; I'll cop to that. I see cool parts, even ones I have, and I order them!)

I really appreciate B&P and make sure to tell the sales reps on the phone every time I order.  For MOCing, especially if you live far away from Lego stores and LUGs, it's essential.

That being said, I would recommend everyone count their pieces, since they seem to be having some trouble with orders at the moment (probably from overload).  2 of my last 3 orders came in missing 18 pieces each.  One of the orders only had 100 pieces in it, so that was significant, and missed one element entirely (both of the missing element types were expensive).  The other order had many more pieces, but many of the missing elements were expensive ones, so I had to call in replacements for both.  I have a 4th order in that keeps sending me e-mail updates on shipment, but does not show up on my account when I log in, which is also unusual.

I would recommend more smaller orders right now not only because of the parts issue but also because of shipping.  My first order was lost in the mail (shipped May 27th and still not here), so TLG reshipped it (awesome customer service!), but when they did, they had run out of stock on one element, so they had to cancel it, and thus the post office robbed me of bricks. :damn:  I will try and get a loot shot together here shortly.

As for the reps, you get good and bad.  I've had some reps that are on the ball and others that I don't know what they were thinking.  I had one element that was broken into two orders that added together to the total that I wanted for some reason, and that same rep shipped me one element free as a replacement despite me ordering it and trying to pay for it.  Others are super fast, get everything the first time and it's perfect.  Regardless, they're all trying to do their jobs and I have always had nice people, so I try to be kind to them as well.  Lego's rules are not in their control, so arguing with them about intricacies of 'licensed' or not is, in my opinion, pointless.

The 'licensed' tag seems to be their way of embargoing pieces.  They will use this on certain items they do not want to sell because they are too new or too low on stock, and other items that they do not want to sell because they are truly licensed.  A few, like the white dove and the pig from the pirate ship, originally appeared in licensed sets (Aladdin and Angry Birds, respectively), and despite being put in non-licensed sets (like the mail plane), they remain licensed for a while, sometimes forever.  Usually toward the end of a run for a particular piece (especially with Ninjago and Nexo), these pieces will be released, so just keep checking back.

Edited by Grover

My first order had significant missing pieces, so I resolved to carefully count each order as it arrives. It's just good practice, I think. The second order had zero missing pieces but actually some extras, leaving me pleasantly surprised. Honestly, even though it takes a while, carefully counting each order is kinda fun, and recaptures some of the excitement of buying those parts in the first place.

I'd do a loot shot of my second order except without thinking I already started putting the parts in their places in the shelves. Maybe I'll photo the snake army (snarmy), newly large from this order.

Even if you only take one element of each type (all I ever do), a loot shot is helpful for everyone in the case that we may have missed pieces that are available.  I think about half my orders come from elements I see on here!

20 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Yes I'm pretty sure your love for B&P is reflected in TLG's annual revenue reports. 

"You know what? Its closed. It didn't bring us that much in revenue (except for Megbricks :tongue:)

Hahahahaha well... :)

For the first time ever I got a piece cancelled from my order

because it is unavailable...now gotta go check what it is

Edited by Megbricks

I wouldn't recommend abusing this whatsoever, but I called in to order a ton of pieces and it turns out that the new City sharks (6297063/6307101 body and head) are listed as $0.00. I didn't realize this until after I received an invoice, but it seems like they just included the two sharks I ordered for free, which is a pleasant surprise. Granted, the rest of my order was rather expensive (upwards of $400) so they may have just let it slide due to the order amount, but it's worth a try for anyone looking to get them alongside other parts.

Speaking of orders getting lost, I've placed over seven bricks and pieces orders since June (some of them for new parts, others realizing I could get a very close approximation of discontinued sets if not the entire set completely for far cheaper than Bricklink) and not a single one of them has arrived yet, although I guess this is on par for everyone from what I've heard. 

Edited by legozebra

My second order was made on June 20 and got here yesterday. So yeah, it can take a while. Honestly given the very low shipping cost I've got no problems with the slow shipping time. I'm patient about shipping in general; that's one thing I won't often complain about. 20+ days from order placed to parts received is more than fine with me, if everything is there. And so it was, so I'm very satisfied with my second order.

My lost order that was then canceled and reshipped and missing pieces?  They shipped the missing pieces today, but shipped the wrong pieces. :hmpf_bad:  Yeah.  I called to see if it was too late to stop the order, but it had been shipped.  He asked if I wanted them to ship the right pieces.  I told him no, I'd already spent 5.5 hours on hold on the 6 calls that I had in about this order and that the now 11 missing pieces were definitely not worth it.  So yeah, sometimes the perfect storm happens, but beware that they are having some troubles at the moment.

3 hours ago, Grover said:

My lost order that was then canceled and reshipped and missing pieces?  They shipped the missing pieces today, but shipped the wrong pieces. :hmpf_bad:  Yeah.  I called to see if it was too late to stop the order, but it had been shipped.  He asked if I wanted them to ship the right pieces.  I told him no, I'd already spent 5.5 hours on hold on the 6 calls that I had in about this order and that the now 11 missing pieces were definitely not worth it.  So yeah, sometimes the perfect storm happens, but beware that they are having some troubles at the moment.

Yeah, the hold times are really rough - what especially sucks is when you have an order completed and think of a few more parts to add after hitting confirm, but the edit button has literally never worked for me so I always have to end up calling service and placing the order with them should I have confirmed it and forgotten some parts. Sorry to hear about your issues; I think the whole COVID situation has really bogged down calls.

8 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

My second order was made on June 20 and got here yesterday. So yeah, it can take a while. Honestly given the very low shipping cost I've got no problems with the slow shipping time. I'm patient about shipping in general; that's one thing I won't often complain about. 20+ days from order placed to parts received is more than fine with me, if everything is there. And so it was, so I'm very satisfied with my second order.

Yup, I ordered around that time and still waiting so it makes sense. Not a huge deal given the $3 international shipping which is very nice.

Didn't have time to unload the order and take a fancy photo, but here's my latest haul:

800x1084.jpg

Lots of trees planned :grin:

And I think we are all addicts here. Here's most of my hauls from the past 3 months alone in one place:

800x651.jpg

Made an order a week or so ago and missed out on much of the gold pieces. Was about to make a second one and they are all OOS again! I wonder if they'll still be worth a couple cents on the aftermarket considering everyone has tons. Knowing the resellers that probably won't be the case... 

3 minutes ago, thethreeholyspills said:

Made an order a week or so ago and missed out on much of the gold pieces. Was about to make a second one and they are all OOS again! I wonder if they'll still be worth a couple cents on the aftermarket considering everyone has tons. Knowing the resellers that probably won't be the case... 

There are Bricklink stores with hundreds of those bananas selling them off for ~40 cents, that's a 38+ cent increase

5 hours ago, thethreeholyspills said:

The gold pieces have been going in and out of stock for weeks. Just keep checking back and you'll find them.

One thing I found was that if I put the gold parts in my cart, even if they were displayed as out of stock later, they were still in my cart. So I accumulated all the interestingly-priced ones into one cart over time. Didn't even order max quantity; not sure why.

My latest order showed up yesterday! A mix of very colorful parts…

50115730438_bd70d30daf_c.jpg

… and more subdued ones for my Guilds of Historica builds. I lamented that the 1x3 curved arch, wedge with stud notch and tile with cut corner did not exist in reddish brown when I began my mead hall, I'm so glad they are available now!

50115716738_68b23b273e_c.jpg

@MKJoshA Many colorful trees indeed seem to be coming! :laugh: May I ask what the pink part at the bottom left of your first photo is (the one with a weird shape and a stud)?

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are Bricklink stores with hundreds of those bananas selling them off for ~40 cents, that's a 38+ cent increase

They aren't really selling at those prices though. To date, just 39 new golden bananas (in 14 transactions) have been sold worldwide on bricklink. One US store has them at $0.15. I expect to see the price come under 10c during the next six months.