LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

That's a very small order compare to your previous ones =D

Hahaha i have placed 10 Or 11 orders like this:). You should know me by now:)

How has Bricks & Pieces been lately in terms of issues or problems? Has anyone from Australia ordered anything recently?

Thinking of placing an order to pick up some of the interesting parts from the newer sets but I dont want to do it until I can be sure everything is going to go smoothly in terms of ordering, delivery etc.

51 minutes ago, jonwil said:

How has Bricks & Pieces been lately in terms of issues or problems? Has anyone from Australia ordered anything recently?

Thinking of placing an order to pick up some of the interesting parts from the newer sets but I dont want to do it until I can be sure everything is going to go smoothly in terms of ordering, delivery etc.

I did an order about a month ago without any issues.  Delivery was actually quicker than normal.

18 hours ago, anothergol said:

This is the first time I'm seeing those last three parts. That's amazing I want a lot and I want bricklink resellers to get none. Zero. Zip. Nada.
But with the way things go we'll probably get those for ourselves at around this time next year after they've bought out all 13,894.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This is the first time I'm seeing those last three parts. That's amazing I want a lot and I want bricklink resellers to get none. Zero. Zip. Nada.
But with the way things go we'll probably get those for ourselves at around this time next year after they've bought out all 13,894.

I doubt it, no BL shop would be able to resell these that already cost too much. These initial prices are for collectors, those who will only add one to their order, just to have one. Which makes sense for licensed stuff, but not these utility parts.

You also haven't seen the first 3, they're new recolors.

12 hours ago, koalayummies said:

More likely that LEGO will remove them when they realize they have let some licensed parts though and people start buying them.

Wait, has Lego made an error in pricing the golden bananas? 2 cents each; surely that's off by 10x at least. But, if that's the price... Guess I'm buying a lot. Element ID 6294545. I checked on Brickset; pretty sure that's the painted gold ones. All the other parts listed in that color on nostalgic-wilson have normal prices for painted metallic gold parts. You know I'm tempted to order exactly 201 of them, and can no doubt figure out why. Probably will order significantly fewer than that, though.

1 hour ago, Flak Maniak said:

Wait, has Lego made an error in pricing the golden bananas? 2 cents each; surely that's off by 10x at least. But, if that's the price... Guess I'm buying a lot. Element ID 6294545. I checked on Brickset; pretty sure that's the painted gold ones. All the other parts listed in that color on nostalgic-wilson have normal prices for painted metallic gold parts. You know I'm tempted to order exactly 201 of them, and can no doubt figure out why. Probably will order significantly fewer than that, though.

5 elements in lacquered gold from the 80012 set have been selling for $0.02. The shield tiles, bananas, wheel bases, 1x2 slope and 1x4 curved slope. They've been going in and out of stock for a month now. So Lego has either not realized there is a mistake, decided to leave the price even though it's wrong, or they have some other reason for allowing the piece to sell so cheaply. You're not cheating the system if you buy 200. Myself and a bunch of others on this site have done just that.

9 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

You won't be allowed to buy 201 of them. Maximum is 200.

If you buy too obviously wrongly priced parts, make sure you pay with Paypal. Through VISA they will definitely make you pay the fixed price. Paypal I don't know, I would assume the checkout price is reserved and they can't make you pay more.

Even at 2 cents (all the other golden parts had already been fixed) I only got 4 of the golden bananas because.. what do you even do with that? (plus it's a dark, not very shiny gold, it feels weird. Better than plastic gold, but still..)

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You're not cheating the system if you buy 200

How are you not? You obviously are. And obviously it's not gonna affect Lego in any significant way, but it's still cheating the system.

17 minutes ago, anothergol said:

If you buy too obviously wrongly priced parts, make sure you pay with Paypal. Through VISA they will definitely make you pay the fixed price. Paypal I don't know, I would assume the checkout price is reserved and they can't make you pay more.

Even at 2 cents (all the other golden parts had already been fixed) I only got 4 of the golden bananas because.. what do you even do with that? (plus it's a dark, not very shiny gold, it feels weird. Better than plastic gold, but still..)

How are you not? You obviously are. And obviously it's not gonna affect Lego in any significant way, but it's still cheating the system.

With paypal they can also change the amount. LEGO pre-authorises with one charge, then charges again for the order at the time of dispatch, then refunds the original pre-authorisation. So if you place an order for £50, you have to make sure you have £100 (or some other form of payment) as otherwise the second charge can fail before they refund the pre-authorisation.

As to the gold parts, same here. I got 10 of the bananas as they might be useful for decorative items on the ridges of a roof. Whereas the tiles, I got 200 as I have a specific use for them now.

Has Lego actually changed prices on these parts post-order, pre-shipping? If the price is still listed the same on the website, I doubt they've actually charged people more.

Regardless, it's definitely not "cheating" to buy things at the listed price. Lego has every ability and opportunity to set the listed price. If things stay up at an "incorrect" price for a long time, that's Lego's fault, not ours. If they want to change the listed price, or cancel people's orders, or charge them more (with the option to skip those parts), then that's fine. They have plenty of recourse here. But if they're actually selling those parts at that price, then so be it; so much the better for us.

1 hour ago, Flak Maniak said:

Has Lego actually changed prices on these parts post-order, pre-shipping? If the price is still listed the same on the website, I doubt they've actually charged people more.

The only time I ordered a part that had the wrong price, it was mini-legs and they were like 5 cents, which wasn't so unrealistic (could have been seen as a bargain), they definitely charged me the full fixed price.
Lego just has to make the default price 0 cents, so that their shop can spot that & simply not display parts with no price.

Regardless, it's definitely not "cheating" to buy things at the listed price.

It's cheating when you know it's the wrong price (& you do). It's of course not illegal, but still cheating the system. And yes, Lego definitely shouldn't charge more behind your back without warning - both sides are guilty here.

Just to let you know. In Canada it is against the law to increase the price after the purchase is made. 
That being said I have order these parts in a few orders and I got them at advertised price. 
I doubt lego would Make that mistake for so long. My guess is maybe they developed something (a set?/theme?) that need all of these but cancelled it? Maybe someone slept on the job and the machines produced these for the whole night?;) now they have to get rid of it?:)

oh and I believe it is also against the law to cancel an order of a customer because the price was wrong. 

Which I don’t think lego would do. I believe a price change has only happened once for me in the tons of orders I made. That change was to lower the price for some reason. Can’t wait to make a big project with those gold pieces. We need Indiana Jones sets so I can make a cave full of gold:)

11 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Has Lego actually changed prices on these parts post-order, pre-shipping? If the price is still listed the same on the website,

I received already 2 orders with these. The price stayed the same. I also have 7 more order on the way and some of them have some of these pieces and the price is still as advertised. I think maybe they have too much inventory. I take it like a sale! It’s a good price!

Edited by Megbricks

Forgot to mention. If you guys need windows “glass” for 1x4x6 frames, they are 0,08CAD on pick a brick (not bricks and pieces) in both transparent and transparent light blue. They have been at that price for quite a while. 

50075176341_d5ceb9d55a_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Forgot to mention. If you guys need windows “glass” for 1x4x6 frames, they are 0,08CAD on pick a brick (not bricks and pieces) in both transparent and transparent light blue. They have been at that price for quite a while. 

50075176341_d5ceb9d55a_b.jpg

Unfortunately, shipping these glasses is not careful. The warehouse will place them with all parts from the order in one plastic bag. Glasses come to you without any security.

When you order only these glass elements, you will receive them with many scratches. In my case, about 50% of the parts have significant scratches :( 

17 minutes ago, BrickWorld_PL said:

Unfortunately, shipping these glasses is not careful. The warehouse will place them with all parts from the order in one plastic bag. Glasses come to you without any security.

When you order only these glass elements, you will receive them with many scratches. In my case, about 50% of the parts have significant scratches :( 

I know but now when I order these or any transparent pieces a place a separate order. Example for these I only order like a bunch of them (100-200) and they usually aren’t that bad because yes, In the past, I had to ask Lego to resend large transparent pieces because each time they were very badly scratched and I remember one time last year where they resent them 3 times and I gave up in the end. :(

They really have a big problem with Shipping  transparent pieces indeed

8 hours ago, steveholt said:

Maybe it's time to MOC an Avengers Tower now with those glass pieces 

Great idea. There are often (used to be) door frames in the PAB wall but never the windows for it. I might build a skyscraper or two using them

On 7/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, anothergol said:

You also haven't seen the first 3, they're new recolors.

Ok. What was being referred to was the designs, as in the three brand new 2020 designs vs those three 2012-2019 designs (recolors).

After 3 weeks, my B&P order arrived ! After you listed all you parts on the B&P website, a message appears "B&P is currently unavailable" but all you have to do is refresh the page and your B&P order will appear in the cart...

Anyways this is all the different parts I received :

Order #18 : Biggest B&P order ever?

Overall I'm very happy because the order is complete and all the parts are brand new !

Edited by Alex THELEGOFAN

Golden bananas and shield tiles are out of stock again. And owls no longer for sale.