LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

18 hours ago, MAB said:

I don't think I have ever seen capes in stock at B+P. But if you phone you can normally order them. However, they are expensive. It depends on the cape, but £1+ per cape is normal.

I've never done B&P over the phone; is it a thing where I'd place an online order, then call to add to it? Surely doing the WHOLE B&P order over the phone would be insane. (I mean, what would I do, speak all the design and element IDs? Or try to describe specific parts and then... The Lego employee would have to try to figure out what it is? Sounds nightmarish, for all involved parties.)

In general, what could I get with B&P over the phone that I couldn't get online? Barracuda Bay sails, maybe? (Gonna need a set of them for the Creator pirate ship, obv.)

I guess I'd ask the person on the phone what 6288403 was!

Today maybe I'll put in my second order and then call them and see if they can hook me up with sails and capes and... Whatever else it seems like they ought to have but don't.

Is there an easy way to find the element IDs for all the printed variants of 2587, that traditional body armor piece? Even the design IDs seem to vary with the printed versions, and while BrickLink seems to have the parts together, it doesn't list element IDs. Ideally they'd all share a design ID so I could just type that into B&P and see if any are available.

(Man I would strike a deal with the ABS devil if it meant the Dragon Knight pieces from Kingdoms coming back and getting on B&P. And I'm cursing myself for not learning of it during the Nexo Knights era; I wish I'd gotten way more of the various Nexo Knights visors.)

There are limits to how many parts you can order on the phone, if I remember correct 15-16 at 200 a piece..
There is not much point in calling in to order parts that you can buy online anyway. It is possible to order online and then call in to try and order the parts you did not find online, but you can not wait for hours then the order is in the next step. The shipping is so low so that is not a big problem if you can not combine the 2 orders..

Yeah, I think for the UK they normally limit you to 15 pieces. You just give them the element ID and they will look it up. They might have the cloth sails for Barracuda Bay, although they are likely to sell them as a pack (if that is how they come in the set) and they will not be cheap.

They did used to sell the Dragon Knight torsos on B+P. I doubt they will come back though.

Yeah, they came back yesterday; it's INCREDIBLE what a difference that tool makes. It brings things up to "more-or-less usable"!

On the topic of licensed and/or CMF parts, while trawling I noticed 6253626 Pharah's torso (but not legs), 6080459 Palpatine's legs (but not torso), and 28672 Jafar's staff (which was an old non-licensed CMF staff ages ago). Also that recent 66964 CMF longsword is available, the one with the somewhat triangular blade. If Pharah and Palpatine had both torso + body available I'd probably get some, but with just one half it doesn't really work. I guess Pharah's torso would be almost credible with generic legs. (Or maybe their other parts are on there and I can't find them.) I mean Palpatine's legs + body is just a great generic black robe; can swap out the hands for another color if I really want. But alas. (Pharah's legs + torso would look pretty good as just... Some sci fi figure, too.)

Oh, and the "tricorne with braid" is available in both the Barracuda Bay colors AND the CMF colors.

I can't seem to find it in this thread but I recall a while back a user created a "system" that showed the photo icons of the parts you ordered from LEGO B&P. I had it saved on my computer but lost the link when I did an update. Any have it or tell me what page of this topic that was on?

2 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

On the topic of licensed and/or CMF parts, while trawling I noticed 6253626 Pharah's torso (but not legs), 6080459 Palpatine's legs (but not torso), and 28672 Jafar's staff (which was an old non-licensed CMF staff ages ago). Also that recent 66964 CMF longsword is available, the one with the somewhat triangular blade. If Pharah and Palpatine had both torso + body available I'd probably get some, but with just one half it doesn't really work.

I hate to tell you this, but Palpatine's torso used to be available (about five years ago, though).

EDit: scratch that, it was six years ago that I bought them!

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/107233-future-star-wars-sets/&page=190&tab=comments#comment-1849500

Edited by MAB
link

Palpatine legs must just be random surplus... I mean, it's no great loss. It's a nice torso and legs combination; I'd surely buy some for general purposes if they had both right now. But it's not a must-have. Not like these Kingdoms-era torsos and legs I've been lusting after anew these past few days. (The ones BL calls "scale mail", from the dragon knights, 4586502 and 4586383 , respectively.) I'm not paying $7 per fig on BrickLink! That's highway robbery! (Yes I realize how entitled that sounds, to those who have even a passing interest in figs from licensed themes, but I'm used to cheap Ninjago figs and the like. Used to recoiling at... Jay DX, was it?, being $18 or so some years back. That was a very displeasing price for a fig, even though I knew the licensed people were paying ten times that for some things.)

I guess I should tune some things up and actually place my second order. Probably should prune various things from it. I think getting extra green 32x32s is prudent; not sure I want a second set of the 2019 snake/samurai wave spinner effects. They look so good, though! And of course I tossed in a billion random minifig parts... Gotta have my fig-building bucket full of amazing faces etc. to choose from.

Once more I'll bemoan the lack of good medieval/fantasy minifig parts available right now. Ninjago stuff, though I love it, isn't really suited to the castle aesthetic. Man I hope they come out with some, you know, proper medieval or fantasy themes again sometime soon. It's long past time! LotR shouldn't be cockblocking castle in 2020! Do children not like knights and dragons in this day and age?!

Oh and my first order arrived suddenly yesterday after being "In Warehouse" for ages; I was prepared to wait a while longer! The upshot is I now know what 6288403 was: The Ninjago Hunted weapon multipack, in trans-neon green. Very frosted trans-neon green! Is that the change from polycarbonate? (Perhaps that particular weapon multipack was never made in polycarbonate?) At any rate, once I sort it and check everything's there, I'll post a haul shot.

29 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

Oh and my first order arrived suddenly yesterday after being "In Warehouse" for ages; I was prepared to wait a while longer! The upshot is I now know what 6288403 was: The Ninjago Hunted weapon multipack, in trans-neon green. Very frosted trans-neon green! Is that the change from polycarbonate? (Perhaps that particular weapon multipack was never made in polycarbonate?) At any rate, once I sort it and check everything's there, I'll post a haul shot.

Oh my, do you have pics? There was reports that the new Hidden Side multipack was Spring Yellowish instead of neon green but as far as we know it only happened in North America. It sounds like this happened to Ninjago too now.

Turns out this B&P order was missing several things; I was gonna email but they say calling is faster so I'll do that tomorrow. Very disappointing! I hope to have it resolved smoothly (as opposed to quickly; I'll be patient in this age of plague).

Spent a long time tonight laying everything out and meticulously counting! Gonna be even more annoying on the next order!

Not looking forward to speaking seven-digit element IDs into the phone, but what can you do.

10 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

The upshot is I now know what 6288403 was: The Ninjago Hunted weapon multipack, in trans-neon green. Very frosted trans-neon green! Is that the change from polycarbonate? (Perhaps that particular weapon multipack was never made in polycarbonate?

Those packs are never the clear polycarbonate, always frosted. Nothing wrong with what you got, but the renders they have of those parts (the official images) can be misleading.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:11 AM, MKJoshA said:

I'd call and ask them to re-ship it. After almost a month of waiting it might have gotten lost. Best case scenario for you it shows up next week and you get the replaced order in a month. But if you call you are at least guaranteed it'll come, albeit much later than it should have.

I did Friday.  Hopefully this shipment won't be problematic.  I understand about the virus, but when I have already received my B&P order that I made a week after that first one... probably lost in shipping.

One good piece of news: according to the rep I spoke to on the phone, all new B&P orders now have tracking!

After all the ordering I have done over B&P over the years, I have only had one element missing from any of my orders.  I have had a box crushed and a few elements destroyed, which TLG promptly replaced, and I may now have my first lost package, but I have been very impressed overall.  I also usually receive some free pieces (this happens most often when you purchase 200 of a given element).

Calling vs. online ordering: Calling has a limit of 15 element types here in the US.  However, if you call in, you can order pieces that are currently out of stock.  It essentially puts your entire order on backorder until all of the elements are back in stock, but, if you're like me and have little time coinciding with the hours that TLG is open, it's easier to backorder and wait than it is to keep placing multiple orders.  If you order elements this way, you won't get a screen shot, and the prices can change, so be careful.

Well, I spoke to a guy on the phone, and supposedly replacements for the missing parts from my order will be on the way soon. Here are my poorly-lit haul shots for the parts that did arrive:

NWXF1gD.jpg

Minifig parts and large stuff. They didn't have Red Son's butt-cape, but I didn't care all that much. Four things were missing from my order. You can probably deduce two of them looking at this image. The other two missing things were "one cloak hood in dark bluish grey" and "eight of those spoiler-with-bar parts in black". One of the white curved bricks was noticeably discolored on the exterior; a pale reddish streak and a pale blackish streak. Another, I noticed later, had a small reddish blotch, thankfully on the interior curve. Not sure what's up with that. But, as I said, this should all be resolved by customer service soon. I might bash on Lego's website design, but I have never had cause to complain about their customer service. Oh, and in the top left, other than cloak hoods and the Generic Bad Guy Helmet in gold, that's Mei's and the Monkie Kid's hair pieces. (The one with the rune on the headband, not the unprinted one. Not sure why there's two versions.)

zlyxKen.jpg

The minifig heads that you couldn't really see above. Some Monkie Kid faces (man that cocky open-mouth, closed-eyes head is so good), another Red Son face, some of the woman-with-dirt-on-her-face... Also man the yellow printing on those green torsos is abysmal. I might just have to put some paint on them myself, with a brush. I think I've got yellow paint that is reasonably close to minifig shade. Far closer than that printing, at any rate!

VcwYIbG.jpg

Other stuff. Above the dragon-sword-handles are those Overwatch gun bases, in black. Ingots are in black, pearl dark grey, flat silver, bright light orange, pearl gold. The black splotch next to the grey skeleton arms is 1x1 round plates with bars sticking up. I hardly had any of those, and they seem versatile. The thing next to the black skeleton arms is 23443, bar holder with handle. Those seemed like a really useful part when they came out a few years back, but the BrickLink prices were always high and the quantities small, back then. I never happened to see them for a good price in a BrickLink store I was already ordering from, and I didn't want to make an order just for them. But the magic of Bricks & Pieces is that they have tons of everything, at mostly-palatable prices.

You can see that the trans-bright green blade pieces are fairly frosted, but I think the trans-dark blue versions from Nexo Knights were as well, so that's not surprising. I still want to know what this notion is, of parts actually being more-frosted in the States than in Europe. Is it actually the switch from polycarbonate? What's the new plastic like, anyway? I presume it's not as hard as polycarbonate; it might be good in some ways, because polycarbonate pieces can develop fissures and crack fairly easily.

The joint parts, alongside the battle suit chestpieces in the first photo, show you that I will have to go to BrickLink for some battle suit cockpits, as those are not being made by Lego at the moment! You'd think they'd have a) kept them in production together or retired them together and b) gotten tons of use out of the cockpit part! Back when that pair of parts came out I thought it was an excellent design and surely destined to be all over the place, but apparently Lego disagrees.

Sorting and counting this would have taken a while even if I didn't meticulously double-check everything upon realizing some parts were missing. (Again, the customer service guy I chatted with promised to make it right and the part numbers he wrote down are correct, as evidenced by the new "under review" non-charged order I now see in my order history. So I have every confidence the missing parts will get to me in due time.)

My second order, whenever it arrives, is embarrassingly large; it will take an age to sort and confirm. And I will do so carefully! Sorry to put the part-pickers at the warehouse through hell; definitely too many 1-of parts in that next order. I wish I could have checked a box saying "take your time"; I am not fussed about when it will arrive. Just, take your time, be accurate, and do it right. I know everything's harder because of COVID; I will easily accept significant delays for that reason.

Now I'm off to BrickLink both for battle suit cockpits and to stare at Kingdoms scale male knights and perhaps even buy some, if the prices aren't too outrageous.

Mantas and anglerfishes... Very Nice.

And now I feel dumb for not looking for cannon/cannon bases! But oh well, I probably have a decent number of them.

As Donkey Kong would say... Oohhh... Banana...

19 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

a pale reddish streak and a pale blackish streak. Another, I noticed later, had a small reddish blotch, thankfully on the interior curve. Not sure what's up with that.

Oh neat, molding accidents. Reddish streaks are very useful.  You might offer them up on Bricklink in the forums for store credit, some folks collect those.

Hi everyone, I forgot to take the magical screenshot, do you know if there's a way to know what pieces you ordered after placing said order? (by calling customer support or other methods).

On 6/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, Grover said:

One good piece of news: according to the rep I spoke to on the phone, all new B&P orders now have tracking!

Are you sure? The Italian site still says that B&P isn't trackable.

I placed a B&P order this morning, so it's still in warehouse of course, but maybe they just haven't updated the website and the tracking info might be in the shipping confirmation email.

14 minutes ago, CaptainSerMig said:

Are you sure? The Italian site still says that B&P isn't trackable.

I placed a B&P order this morning, so it's still in warehouse of course, but maybe they just haven't updated the website and the tracking info might be in the shipping confirmation email.

I think he's referring to LEGO themselves being able to track orders, not us

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think he's referring to LEGO themselves being able to track orders, not us

Well, it's kind of weird that they don't share tracking info as they do with every other type of order... oh well, we'll see, might contact customer service later to ask

1 hour ago, CaptainSerMig said:

Hi everyone, I forgot to take the magical screenshot, do you know if there's a way to know what pieces you ordered after placing said order? (by calling customer support or other methods).

If you go into your order history and click on that particular order, it will show you the element IDs of the parts you ordered. This is, as you can imagine, not very convenient, especially if you ordered a lot of parts. But if you paste those element IDs into B&P or into Brickset's search, you should be able to see what's in there, slowly, one part at a time.

Here's my loot shot:

800x607.jpg

800x427.jpg

And all my Dots pieces in a separate shot:

800x691.jpg

38 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Here's my loot shot

When did you order this? I'm beginning to think mine is lost in the mail (shipped 12 days ago).