LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Guys I think I discovered a new function on the updated B&P site.
I was looking for the Pet Shop 10218 but missed on typing the last number so I typed "1021" and pressed enter.
The system now shows every set number starting by 1021. Not extremely useful but good.
Try it yourself 

20 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Is this the main/only B&P thread?

I only learned of B&P properly a week or two ago; wish I'd known years ago that it was separate from online pick-a-brick. Just happened to watch a Jang parts-haul video, and he explained the difference... So I placed an order. But is there a way to go and see what parts are in that order, in a concise visual way? I didn't write everything down; I'm not sure exactly which parts I ordered and which I omitted. When I check the order online, it does tell me the various element numbers, but it doesn't have pictures, so I'd have to go one-by-one, looking up each part on B&P to see what it was.

Also, what's the scheduling usually like, in terms of parts reaching B&P? When I ordered on the 3rd, some but not all of the summer 2020 Ninjago parts were on there, despite the sets not being out yet. But it seemed haphazard; for example the orcs weren't available. For some of the minifigs, you could get a torso but not legs, stuff like that. Do the rest of the parts usually get put up eventually? If a part hasn't been put up after a long while, is it unlikely to ever arrive?

I did notice some REALLY weird omissions, too. For example, the ice samurai armor and helmets are available... The helmets are listed in white, pearl dark gray, and dark red. The armor is listed in white and pearl dark gray... And dark red doesn't have an entry on B&P at all. What's with that? It's not like some other element numbers, which I KNOW haven't been manufactured since 2003 or so, but are on there and display as "out of stock", as you would expect. Dark red ice samurai armor isn't even in the system!

Would something like "Ninjago orcs never arrive on B&P" just be a plausible, usual occurrence?

And, not really important as I can be patient, but are order times affected significantly by just-added parts? My order had some parts in it from 2020 summer sets that aren't out yet in the States; I was surprised those parts were on B&P at all. I guess that might be related to why my order is still "In Warehouse". Whatever; I'll be a good boy and wait. I'm just glad that B&P exists at all! Wish I'd known of it ages ago!

Lego rarely lists licensed parts. So Star Wars torsos, Harry Potter torsos, and other licensed IPs are not something you should hope for. However, we get the occasional drop like fleshie heads or a random torso. B&P is best for new parts and new colors. Especially if you want them in larger quantities or don't want to buy a set just to get 4 of a new part. Instead you can pay a few dollars and get them off B&P. New leaf colors are a great example. For example, instead of buying the $200 Tree House set I bought 20 yellow leaves off B&P instead.

Ninjago is an interesting anomaly on B&P. It will take a few weeks sometimes, but you can almost always buy full figures from the Ninjago sets. You're hitting it at an odd moment so you're running into exceptions. The ice and snake warriors are from the previous theme. Lego is starting to phase out those sets and probably isn't producing any more of the unique elements from the sets. Hence why you're finding some of the armors but not all of them. It's not uncommon for them to completely delete a part too like the Dark Red armor. It's weird and doesn't happen every time. But it's normal for that to happen. The new sets show some pieces now, but as you noted not everything. I suspect this is due to COVID-19 and the staggered release dates. I won't be surprised if the orc and the sorcerer parts show up next month. Other in-house IPs like Nexo Knights and Hidden Side follow the same trend as Ninjago.

As for timing on shipping, B&P seems completely random. Sometimes I'll get an order 1 week after placing it. Sometimes it takes a month. We've speculated about why that is, but it's just best guesses.

Looking forward to seeing your loot shots!

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It does exist on B&P but not in the paid section. If you buy a set and it has a missing piece, every piece is listed in the missing and broken piece sections.

I recommend using this website to find pieces you want to buy:

https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.app/

Because of the new B&P update, the pictures aren’t showing. We will have to wait for it to be fixed but that’s not a problem.

Well I think there is a pretty big problem when there is no pictures and nu search function. Honestly I dont see how this site is giving a better overview then the real B&P site

I ordered on May 24 and just received email that it shipped today. The total is $7 less than what I had originally been quoted. And 7 items aren’t on the list. I’ll wait until I receive it to see what isn’t on the list since visually I’ll find things quicker than looking at a list of item numbers.

But that stinks. Hopefully none of the things I cared most about were taken. 

I think the idea is that the images on that site will be fixed at some point, in which case it WILL be a much more practical way to search B&P.

I kept thinking "What parts do they have in X color?", and realizing there was no way to search this on B&P itself. So an auxiliary tool that lets me do that is invaluable... Once its images are working.

As for licensed parts, yes, I know those are rarely if ever available on B&P, and I'm fine with that. I'm almost entirely interested in Lego's homegrown IPs anyway. (When I discovered B&P was separate from online pick-a-brick, I did a double take, and asked myself "Wait, why do I hear people complaining about minifigs being exclusive to giant sets in this day and age?", and then I remembered... The minifig-collector types tend to go in mostly for licensed stuff. And even though I hadn't known B&P was separate from online pick-a-brick, I DID remember hearing all the "sell us licensed parts" complaints of years past.) I must say, I feel privileged to not be particularly interested in licensed Lego. Some new Ninjago fig that looks cool holds much more sway over me than something from a movie or TV show could.

Also, thank you for clarifying that they do remove entries sometimes; that demystifies it a little. Still very strange for modern entries to have been removed, but for old grey entries to remain.

Definitely gonna become a B&P addict. BrickLink might be the only source for old parts, but for new parts, B&P is amazing. Sooo many things are just several times cheaper on B&P.

12 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

As for timing on shipping, B&P seems completely random. Sometimes I'll get an order 1 week after placing it. Sometimes it takes a month. We've speculated about why that is, but it's just best guesses.

Looking forward to seeing your loot shots!

Yeah, super random.  I had two orders: both had B&P and PAB.  Order #1 PAB arrived today with Order #2's B&P.  Usually PAB shows up later.  Order #1 B&P is now 19 days and counting from shipping only, so I'm getting a little worried about it.  Too bad there's no tracking on B&P, at least here in the US.

I've got to go through some of my stuff and make sure it's all there, then I'll try and get a loot shot!

8 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

Also, thank you for clarifying that they do remove entries sometimes; that demystifies it a little. Still very strange for modern entries to have been removed, but for old grey entries to remain.

Be aware that if you look in an old set, they might say an old grey part is available, but you will get a new bluish grey. It is a replacement parts service, so they suggest something close if the old part is now defunct.

How often will a part be on B&P, and have an entry, but NOT show up in sets that it's in?

Where you can find it by searching by element number but NOT by set number for a set that it's in. (And where would I find the element numbers for such parts?)

Also man they've GOTTA have a part-synonym dictionary; it's maddening to have so many indistinguishable-to-humans parts that are different mold numbers for whatever reason, and to just HOPE that BrickLink or Brickset will tell you what all the similar parts are so you can search for those. (The "multiple element IDs for the same design ID in the same apparent color" I don't mind so much, because if you search by design ID it just shows them all.)

Also also, is there a way to search for various available capes? Those seem especially egregious in terms of having way too many listings, for all the different... Cloth types, I guess.

And what's with printed parts having seemingly different design IDs from other printed or unprinted parts that use the same mold? Does design ID have something to do with manufacturing steps, where "goes to get X type of printing" counts as a different design ID? So that unprinted would be separate from single printing, which would in turn be separate from some elaborate multi-step printing process.

Still trying to figure out what 6288403 was; I mean maybe it'll show up whenever my order gets here (and on that front I'll be patient; I don't mind if it takes months), but what if, as you guys have alluded to happening, Lego decides not to send that part, because they don't have it?

I know I'm going on and on about the orcs, because let's face it I love orcs, but Brickset doesn't show us the orcs' parts at all yet. What kind of omen is that? I guess they're not on even the replacement parts service yet? (So surely that makes it more ambiguous whether they'll be on B&P later?)

Also, does design ID 73200 cover all non-printed, non-dual-molded legs?

Thank you for all the help; as you can tell I'm really jumping in the deep end and trying to figure things out. (Man I would have ordered SO MANY Nexo Knights parts on here, had I known back then...)

...Wait, 32x32 baseplates are available, including in green?! I thought those were discontinued, and we had to live with awful bright green! And I certainly never expected to see 32x32 baseplates in white!

2 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

I know I'm going on and on about the orcs, because let's face it I love orcs, but Brickset doesn't show us the orcs' parts at all yet. What kind of omen is that? I guess they're not on even the replacement parts service yet? (So surely that makes it more ambiguous whether they'll be on B&P later?)

Also, does design ID 73200 cover all non-printed, non-dual-molded legs?

Thank you for all the help; as you can tell I'm really jumping in the deep end and trying to figure things out. (Man I would have ordered SO MANY Nexo Knights parts on here, had I known back then...)

...Wait, 32x32 baseplates are available, including in green?! I thought those were discontinued, and we had to live with awful bright green! And I certainly never expected to see 32x32 baseplates in white!

Your joy is infectious :classic: Glad you found this thread!

I can't answer all your questions right now, but Brickset and Bricklink sometimes take more time to get specific parts and numbers updated. Not an omen, just part of the oddly slow process.

73200 does cover all non-printed, non-dual-molded legs. Each printed leg has a different ID. And 21019 covers all non-printed, dual-molded legs.

16360 used to cover all dual molded arms. But they are all listed as out-of-stock now so I wonder if Lego has moved to a different ID for those. Anyone else have that info?

The white baseplates just came out at the end of last year as a single item. I'm guessing the green are available because of the Assembly Square set and will be out of production soon. Get them now while you can!

Ok, some extra questions, first a technical one: For the past couple days I was fiddling with a second order, because I have poor self-control. Putting various things in. Last night (or I guess this morning in clock-time, though not in having-gone-to-sleep time), I was paranoid I'd lose my cart, so I DID screenshot it (my order was seven screens tall!). Then I clicked "confirm order" and it took me to the cart. (Once it's in the cart as "parts ordering", it's usually supposed to be a little safer from the ravages of timeouts, right?) Then I clicked "edit" to go back to editing it, and it said "Something went wrong." It always says that when I try to edit the "parts ordering" item.

So, is there a way to get that error to stop, or will I have to consult my screenshots and retype all the element IDs? And what causes this kind of malfunction in the first place? Does it happen when the old interface WOULD have timed you out?

Also, parts recommendation solicitation: I saw short legs on B&P, and given I'm already ordering or have ordered various things like skeletons, or Ninjago snakes/ice samurai, I'm basically already in the "bunch of fantasy factions" realm. So... Dwarves would really make sense as an addition, powered by short legs. The question is: What beard pieces does B&P have? Do they have a decent selection of dwarf-ish parts these days? I'm assuming the old fantasy era-style dwarf helmets can't be had, but what kinds of beard-compatible helmets are currently in production? Or are there any notable current-production hairpieces that strike you as especially dwarfish? And related, are there some currently-produced medieval/fantasy torsos? It's just... It's just so hard to search for minifig parts on B&P itself, due to printed parts having their own design IDs. Not sure I can ask BL for "only torsos that are in production", to check on there.

I gotta say, it is sooo sick that we can just order minifig parts on B&P; can have armies of whatever we want. (Well, except licensed figs, which I don't want.) I think that for each new release wave I'm shifting to buying lots of B&P, and fewer sets. Not sure if that results in me buying more or less Lego, but certainly, results in getting a more concentrated selection of the parts I want. The part of me that says "Wow, those are some cool new Ninjago figs, gotta have 'em" can be appeased way more cheaply via B&P... But the part of me that says "Man I want fifty of this part to use in castle-building" is also quite pleased. I mean don't get me wrong; I'm a BrickLink addict like the rest of us, and will remain so no doubt. But the extra option of B&P, with basically-unlimited quantities, not at the mercy of an individual store's having only 3 of this part in that color...

@Flak Maniak If you're into medieval-fantasy, I would recommend you the topic below in the Historic forum . There we discuss the parts from the newer sets that could be useful for medieval-fantasy setting. We also more than often talk about their availability through B&P!

(you would probably want to jump directly to the newer posts though, somewhere around page 25)

Concerning beards, I recently found the following on B&P :
- The Viking/Santa beard in white, dark orange, orange and light bley (Design ID 93223) 93223.t1.png 
- The knotted beard in light bley (Design ID 37696) 37696.t1.png
- The pointed beard in white (Design ID 65432) 65432.t1.png
- The mage beard in white (Design ID 93069)93069.t1.png
- The ghost beard in yellowish green Design ID 53821) 53821.t1.png
- And this one in dark bley (Design ID 6132)
6132.png

The Series 20 Viking helmet looks great with a beard, but I don't know its Design ID...

Thank you for the information! I will certainly keep that thread in mind. (To clarify, when people in that thread mention CMF-only parts, those are of no use on B&P, right? Since they're from the Chinese factory and all.)

Wish there were a reddish brown dorf beard currently in production... It'll happen again eventually no doubt.

Still no idea what element ID 6288403 was; pretty maddening I gotta say.

Also, if the site is constantly giving me "Something went wrong." (What a useless error message!) when I try to edit the "Parts ordering online" entry in my cart, should I just give up and delete it and re-enter everything from my screenshots? Or is there some way to recover it?

As for interesting parts I discovered while trawling (well, parts I knew about but didn't particularly expect to find on there now), both 18031 and 98370 (the two slight variants of that pointed straight sword part) were on there! Not quite as exciting as Nexo Knights double-injected swords, but still, very nice!

The long lightsaber hilt (that is what we're all calling it, right?) from the Monkie Kid theme is also on there. 66909 is the design ID for the normal version, and 67131 for the painted version.

In the order I actually placed, on the 2nd or 3rd of this month, I had the stand for the big Hidden Side villain. Design ID 65227, element ID 6317556. I ordered one but will probably get some more; I feel like a LOT of imposing villains should stand atop it. Black + trans-light blue is just such a clean color scheme; I love it. I hope they get much use out of that mold with other colors in the future! (Actually wait... Is that stand swirled, and not straight double injected? Disappointing if so, but still good.)

When I saw that black skeleton parts from the new Ninjago sets were available, I got to thinking, because I don't really like the heads for them. The shape is just... Too silly. Anyway I thought and thought, and wondered if there were black skeleton heads with white printing from history (there are, available on BL decently), but then I realized... The heads for the new Hidden Side goons (Element ID 6303504) are the answer! Should look great in helmets, at least. That head is going to be a classic I bet; gonna be great for all sorts of ghost characters.

I guess the HP centaur torsos are considered licensed; they're not on there so far as I can tell. Not that I was looking for centaurs, but I had to check at least. How often do parts get first used in a licensed theme, and then "demoted" to unlicensed status later?

11 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

To clarify, when people in that thread mention CMF-only parts, those are of no use on B&P, right? Since they're from the Chinese factory and all.

This is something I'm still confused with : some CMF-only parts do end up being available on B&P. My latest order includes such parts from Series 20 : Pirate Girl's hair, Drone Boy's cap, Viking's beard (all exclusive to CMF in their respective colors), and the quadcopter body (mould currently exclusive to CMF).
Just like some parts that would have no reason to be considered less licensed than others show up as well (e.g. HP minifig parts, Wonder Woman's golden wings). :def_shrug:

Concerning the error message, I've had it everytime I tried to edit a B&P basket since the re-opening. Wild guess : they updated the server side and this is a regression.

So if I were to try to place an order with that un-editable B&P parcel in it, you reckon that would go through? And would anything go wrong if I had multiple B&P entries in my cart? Trying to figure out how to actually order efficiently.

The other question is, if I'm just starting over and re-typing things from my screenshots, what do I need to be aware of? When I first ordered, a couple weeks ago, before this seemingly-major update, B&P loved to time me out and delete what was in my cart. So I was frantically editing, trying to make sure I didn't let too much time pass between edits. Is that still a concern on the new interface? It doesn't seem to be, but I'm not sure if there's something like that under the hood (that may be causing the un-editable B&P chunks problem, and might cause other issues if I tried to order).

3 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

The other question is, if I'm just starting over and re-typing things from my screenshots, what do I need to be aware of? When I first ordered, a couple weeks ago, before this seemingly-major update, B&P loved to time me out and delete what was in my cart. So I was frantically editing, trying to make sure I didn't let too much time pass between edits. Is that still a concern on the new interface? It doesn't seem to be, but I'm not sure if there's something like that under the hood (that may be causing the un-editable B&P chunks problem, and might cause other issues if I tried to order).

Time-outs seem to be gone. I was assembling an order monday night but I was too tired to finish it so I took screenshots and closed the laptop (site still open ofc). About an hour or 12 later the order was still there and I had no trouble adding to it and eventually ordering it.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Time-outs seem to be gone. I was assembling an order monday night but I was too tired to finish it so I took screenshots and closed the laptop (site still open ofc). About an hour or 12 later the order was still there and I had no trouble adding to it and eventually ordering it.

I’ve noticed this too. 

If you type in both a piece number and a set number and hit search on either both numbers are saved instead of the one you search with. A small but great change. This also shows me that they do review the service and how it operates.

It's agonizing to try to find capes on B&P. So many different potential IDs to look at, and it's hard to find them on Brickset/BrickLink, for different reasons on each site, let alone to find one on B&P that's not marked out of stock. Does one just give up entirely on capes here? I mean, I'll crawl off to BrickLink if I have to, but I'd rather buy conveniently from the source if I can.

Also, if I'm trying to find CMF parts on B&P, which I realize is unlikely to work, how do I even find their element IDs? Brickset doesn't seem to list parts for CMFs very well, and BrickLink doesn't give element IDs at all, so I dunno how to find printed stuff on B&P using BrickLink.

Chastise me if there's a rule against wishlisting, but... Man I hope the 3x2 clip tile with Bowser's logo makes it onto B&P. Super unlikely, yes, but if it makes it on, I'll take twenty!

Edited by Flak Maniak

Just now, BaristaBricks said:

Orders seem to be shipping very slowly. Anyone else having this issue in the Us?

Yep. I ordered on May 30th. Shipped June 10 and still hasn't arrived. 

I can't even order, it has been down for 24 hours for me. I continually get the "something went wrong at our end" message.

4 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

It's agonizing to try to find capes on B&P. So many different potential IDs to look at, and it's hard to find them on Brickset/BrickLink, for different reasons on each site, let alone to find one on B&P that's not marked out of stock. Does one just give up entirely on capes here? I mean, I'll crawl off to BrickLink if I have to, but I'd rather buy conveniently from the source if I can.

I don't think I have ever seen capes in stock at B+P. But if you phone you can normally order them. However, they are expensive. It depends on the cape, but ÂŁ1+ per cape is normal.

Edited by MAB

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Yep. I ordered on May 30th. Shipped June 10 and still hasn't arrived. 

Oh wow. I have 4 orders, the earliest being June 9, and it has just been sitting “in warehouse” for the majority of that time

Stop meeeeeeeeee hahaha i have to stop seeing stuff. And stop ordering!! But yeah I have not receive a single order yet. 

8 hours ago, BaristaBricks said:

Orders seem to be shipping very slowly. Anyone else having this issue in the Us?

Ordered May 20th.  Shipped May 27th.  Still not here.

As long as they keep the shop open, they can use the all the time they need to ship the orders:tongue: I am just happy it is open again :grin:

I placed 1 order on May 30th that showed up yesterday. Placed another on May 31st (yes, I know, two orders in two days) that shipped 2 days after the May 30th one so I expect it Sat or Mon. There has been only a slight delay for my orders. Nothing crazy.

9 hours ago, Grover said:

Ordered May 20th.  Shipped May 27th.  Still not here.

I'd call and ask them to re-ship it. After almost a month of waiting it might have gotten lost. Best case scenario for you it shows up next week and you get the replaced order in a month. But if you call you are at least guaranteed it'll come, albeit much later than it should have.