LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

42 minutes ago, MAB said:

Not if they are licensed parts. Most of the licensed prints, or parts made specifically for SW, will not be on there. Sometimes some get through, but most get removed.

Fair play. So I wouldn't find a TIE cockpit for example. But parts like the recently introduced 6x4 wedge plates, which are extortionate on BL, might be there. Its actually cheaper to get them from mainland European sellers than UK. Guess everyone's modding their Falcons these days!

1 minute ago, Redroe said:

Fair play. So I wouldn't find a TIE cockpit for example. But parts like the recently introduced 6x4 wedge plates, which are extortionate on BL, might be there. Its actually cheaper to get them from mainland European sellers than UK. Guess everyone's modding their Falcons these days!

They've been in non-licensed sets, so chances are the part will be on there. However, they might still restrict the colours available. 

3 hours ago, Redroe said:

As a Star Wars collector myself I can tell you that 1 in a 1000 SW specific pieces make their way to B&P. You can find the occasional torso but it's extremely rare. B&P is better for the non-licensed themes like Ninjago, City, and now Monkie Kid. Those wedge plates have been on B&P, but they weren't cheap. Probably cheaper than Bricklink though.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

As a Star Wars collector myself I can tell you that 1 in a 1000 SW specific pieces make their way to B&P. You can find the occasional torso but it's extremely rare. B&P is better for the non-licensed themes like Ninjago, City, and now Monkie Kid. Those wedge plates have been on B&P, but they weren't cheap. Probably cheaper than Bricklink though.

Between 2 and 4 quid on BL, and extremely rare. I will be watching this space for when lockdown lifts.

16 hours ago, Redroe said:

Take the Trans-Yellow 6x6 dish from the new A-wing UCS.  It is on B&P for $0.69, whereas it is $10 on BL. 

Occasionally, B&P is a good place to pick up rare parts.  Take the black roof slope 75 2x2x3 double in the new haunted house set.  The value of that part may take some time to drop on BL.  Meanwhile, B&P had some for quite cheap the other day. 

1 hour ago, BaristaBricks said:

Anyone know if the CMF turtle is on there?

Their page states that they can't offer parts from minifig series.  It gives an error when searching series 20's set #.

1 hour ago, teos said:

Take the Trans-Yellow 6x6 dish from the new A-wing UCS.  It is on B&P for $0.69, whereas it is $10 on BL. 

Occasionally, B&P is a good place to pick up rare parts.  Take the black roof slope 75 2x2x3 double in the new haunted house set.  The value of that part may take some time to drop on BL.  Meanwhile, B&P had some for quite cheap the other day. 

Their page states that they can't offer parts from minifig series.  It gives an error when searching series 20's set #.

You can find some by element ID but I have yet to see the turtles element ID

13 hours ago, BaristaBricks said:

Anyone know if the CMF turtle is on there?

9 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

You can find some by element ID but I have yet to see the turtles element ID

CMF pieces often find their way onto B&P. But you have to know the exact element ID to find them. I did a quick check on Brickset and the only ID they have is 67040pr0001. Any ID with letters isn't going to give you results on B&P. So I clicked on the link for the ID for the turtle on Brickset and it took me to Rebrickable where they had a different ID: 6302284. I tried to look it up on Lego but nothing showed. Just curious if others have used this as a way to get the true, Lego element IDs for certain parts. I've always relied on this topic to help me, but do the rest of you use Rebrickable? And how do they have the element ID and Bricklink and Brickset don't?

On 6/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, Redroe said:

Between 2 and 4 quid on BL, and extremely rare. I will be watching this space for when lockdown lifts.

image.png.2f7c018c8c4bb0523ca878673cdfd09b.png

image.png.090b03c8c7acc38b41b2545c4db15a71.png

I hope things open soon for you!

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

CMF pieces often find their way onto B&P. But you have to know the exact element ID to find them. I did a quick check on Brickset and the only ID they have is 67040pr0001. Any ID with letters isn't going to give you results on B&P. So I clicked on the link for the ID for the turtle on Brickset and it took me to Rebrickable where they had a different ID: 6302284. I tried to look it up on Lego but nothing showed. Just curious if others have used this as a way to get the true, Lego element IDs for certain parts. I've always relied on this topic to help me, but do the rest of you use Rebrickable? And how do they have the element ID and Bricklink and Brickset don't?

image.png.2f7c018c8c4bb0523ca878673cdfd09b.png

image.png.090b03c8c7acc38b41b2545c4db15a71.png

Outstanding! You're a gent sir. My Falcon won't know what hit it.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Have you just tried just searching the base # for decorated parts on B&P?  So the turtle's mold # would likely be 67040*.  The other identifiers are likely Brickset (or BrickLink) specific for how they designate printed pieces.  

The "different ID" that you found is what BrickLink calls the color code.  These are typically found in the back of the instructions for sets.  I've never tried searching with these on B&P to see if they work, as I generally just use the set or mold #'s. 

*I don't know where my turtle is at the moment to double check

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I've always relied on this topic to help me, but do the rest of you use Rebrickable? And how do they have the element ID and Bricklink and Brickset don't?

I only use bricklink. It generally has better selections. Used brickowl once, but the item never arrived so that was enough to put me off. Bricklink's search tool is also really good, so I don't generally need to get element ID's. Tend to use google to find out if I need to.

3 hours ago, teos said:

Have you just tried just searching the base # for decorated parts on B&P?  So the turtle's mold # would likely be 67040*.  The other identifiers are likely Brickset (or BrickLink) specific for how they designate printed pieces.  

The "different ID" that you found is what BrickLink calls the color code.  These are typically found in the back of the instructions for sets.  I've never tried searching with these on B&P to see if they work, as I generally just use the set or mold #'s. 

*I don't know where my turtle is at the moment to double check

LEGO’s Design ID for the Turtle is 68135. Unfortunately, it’s been classed as a licensed piece so it’s not even listed let alone “Out of Stock”.

New nunchuck is licensed too.

Keytar too.

And Rabbit-Bear.

Drone Guy’s remote control also licensed. Drone Body and Propellers listed and available.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 6/5/2020 at 1:01 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Damn that's really cheap

Thanks i knew i ordered a couple but obviously messed up the price

Interesting, it seems like just a visual style change.  I don't think it has impacted any prices/part availability.

One thing Ive noticed is that the price is now shown for out of stock items. Some show as 0.00 which might indicate it hasnt been available to buy yet but others show the price which might indicate it'll be in stock at some point

36 minutes ago, MAB said:

B+P is available again for UK.

And it's available again in France! I hope it's now open for all countries... :excited:

Got my first order in, anybody want to recap some of the good stuff that has been made available the last few months? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Interesting, it seems like just a visual style change.  I don't think it has impacted any prices/part availability.

Some of the heads from the new Burrow (75980) were available but are not there anymore

Veeeery buggy at the moment, with 3/4 of the thumbnails missing. I would wait until tomorrow, but nah, of course that nasty time-out is still there and I will lose everything (even though I'm taking screen captures every minute).

It's also still as scary as before, especially with that NASTY top bar that pops up all the time, trying to lure you into clicking it by mistake and losing your cart. Lego bought Bricklink and instead of a nice, working, rock-solid official BL shop, we got this :(

(but hey, I'm glad it's back. I thought Lego really didn't want our money)

Edit: ah, what was I thinking? Access denied when trying to order. 90+ lots to re-type tomorrow :(

Edited by anothergol

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

Edit: ah, what was I thinking? Access denied when trying to order. 90+ lots to re-type tomorrow :(

I don't know the actual limits in place but there's a statement from them somewhere that the number of lots is limited and even if you call in they will only let you order a certain (not sure it's written down where we can see it) amount. I was able to order roughly 30 lots and just over 1200 parts today but when i tried to add more lots it wouldn't work, it would just spin and spin and I knew eventually it would crash.

I think the lot limit is when you call, and there's also a limit of parts per lot, but no real limit in practice - this is certainly not my biggest order (if it ever passes. And it sucks that I'm watching some parts going out of stock as time passes)