LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

They’re from super hero sets.

Arguably they're from the super heroes line in general. 

They were first in the sets celebrating 80 years of batman, then in avengers sets, I think.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I really love the new Captain Marvel mould. I really hope it becomes available on B&P.

What's the new Captain Marvel mould?  I haven't seen it I don't think.

15 minutes ago, Grover said:

What's the new Captain Marvel mould?  I haven't seen it I don't think.

The new red helmet on legoleaks

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They were first in the sets celebrating 80 years of batman, then in avengers sets, I think.

That’s right. I think new pieces are coordinated between the DC and Marvel departments (if they are even separate departments) meaning it’s all under one umbrella.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, BaristaBricks said:

It could very likely take a while to reopen but there is no reason as to why they wouldn’t 

Not a 'reason' so much as an excuse. For as much as I love it, for as long as I've known about it, I've questioned if Bricks and Pieces is profitable. I think it's the best kept secret in Lego, and I don't think that's a coincidence. I don't think Lego ever had any reason to promote it, When it went down, and it often did, nobody seemed in any type of rush to get it back up. Even without the Corona virus I've wondered if it was just a matter of time before they removed the option to buy entirely.

And of course, I have no idea why corona had to shut bricks and pieces down in the first place. Without the benefit of seeing the facility, it doesn't seem like the type of operation where people would be on top of each other. With gloves, I won't expect the virus to spread on the Lego. Seems like 1000% safer than working at any place one is actually dealing with the public. At times like these I think we need to find MORE ways to employ people in internet based retail.

Trust me, I feel bad for putting that question out into the universe. Bricks and pieces is the best.

I believe PAB didn't need to shut down because those are packed by machines in the factory.  B&P is hand-picked by the same people who do customer service shipments, so it makes to limit operations to protect employees.  Their customer service has definitely been reduced as well, so it seems like B&P and customer service operations go hand in hand.

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

And of course, I have no idea why corona had to shut bricks and pieces down in the first place. Without the benefit of seeing the facility, it doesn't seem like the type of operation where people would be on top of each other. With gloves, I won't expect the virus to spread on the Lego. Seems like 1000% safer than working at any place one is actually dealing with the public. At times like these I think we need to find MORE ways to employ people in internet based retail.

There is a lot more contact between workers than you'd think when it comes to picking such orders, even with a small amount of people working. 

2 hours ago, Gomek said:

Not a 'reason' so much as an excuse. For as much as I love it, for as long as I've known about it, I've questioned if Bricks and Pieces is profitable. I think it's the best kept secret in Lego, and I don't think that's a coincidence. I don't think Lego ever had any reason to promote it, When it went down, and it often did, nobody seemed in any type of rush to get it back up. Even without the Corona virus I've wondered if it was just a matter of time before they removed the option to buy entirely.

Trust me, I feel bad for putting that question out into the universe. Bricks and pieces is the best.

Someone here said that many of the people working the Bricks and Pieces orders were retirees that Lego offered jobs. Assuming that's true, it makes perfect sense they would close until the virus threat is lessened. You don't want the highest risk people group to be out working and interacting with others even in a workplace with less human contact.

With B&P temporarily gone, there are a lot less orders going through which means they are able to reduce staff and still fulfil orders (broken and missing piece orders).

11 hours ago, Gomek said:

I’m definitely not sure how it all works but...with stores being closed I would think they decided they needed all their help focusing on processing the massive influx of orders from shop@home, as safely and efficiently as possible. 

18 hours ago, BaristaBricks said:

I’m definitely not sure how it all works but...with stores being closed I would think they decided they needed all their help focusing on processing the massive influx of orders from shop@home, as safely and efficiently as possible. 

They're unrelated services from which they can't shift employees back and forth. USA Shop@Home ships from Illinois (distribution warehouse), some members in Europe report that their S@H orders originate out of Belgium, while Pick A Brick comes from Stykow, Poland and B&P we know comes from Billund, Denmark.

The shutdown of B&P is as others have noted most likely to adhere to social/physical distancing. B&P is all done by human beings. Official sets are largely packaged by machine.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, MKJoshA said:

Someone here said that many of the people working the Bricks and Pieces orders were retirees that Lego offered jobs. Assuming that's true, it makes perfect sense they would close until the virus threat is lessened. You don't want the highest risk people group to be out working and interacting with others even in a workplace with less human contact.

Hadn't heard that, and if true, would make a lot of sense.

On B&P, they’ve completely removed the “Buy” button. I don’t think it’s because they have no intention of bringing it back. I think it’s because some of us figured out loopholes :grin:

On 4/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, koalayummies said:

They're unrelated services from which they can't shift employees back and forth. USA Shop@Home ships from Illinois (distribution warehouse), some members in Europe report that their S@H orders originate out of Belgium, while Pick A Brick comes from Stykow, Poland and B&P we know comes from Billund, Denmark.

The shutdown of B&P is as others have noted most likely to adhere to social/physical distancing. B&P is all done by human beings. Official sets are largely packaged by machine.

To add to this, some of the machines making sets (only a few, don't worry lego's not stopping production) have started making masks instead.

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To add to this, some of the machines making sets (only a few, don't worry lego's not stopping production) have started making masks instead.

That’s right, they have an order of 50,000 when I last heard.

11 minutes ago, toydad2 said:

Bricks and Pieces back open for US at least

YES!!!! There goes my money.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

YES!!!! There goes my money.

I've tried to order twice and says it's not available

Just now, zoth33 said:

I've tried to order twice and says it's not available

I just tried to go to Lego.com and it said they were doing site maintenance. Maybe that's why your order isn't going through. Hopefully they'll be back up shortly.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

I just tried to go to Lego.com and it said they were doing site maintenance. Maybe that's why your order isn't going through. Hopefully they'll be back up shortly.

I tried it last night and the night before but no luck.  I will try again tonight and see what happens.  Thank you.  

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

This is great news! Anyone spot anything cool or new that’s been added?

I imagine more parts will be added soon. But for now the only thing I found was the white pneumatic T piece from the football stadium set.

19 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I tried it last night and the night before but no luck.  I will try again tonight and see what happens.  Thank you.  

I was able to check out with no problem this morning so I think you'll be good to check out with your order now!