LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The entire existence of the upcoming Winnie the Pooh set goes against LEGO Ideas policy.....

And Tron and Steamboat. Clearly the policy is out dated in terms of IP. But Lego Ideas has never introduced new moulds.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I seriously doubt it has perished :laugh: Just look at the horse, in the -80 and -90 it was all over the place, now we got one HP set with it last year, before that we have to go back to 2015. So no wonder the goat is a no show after only been in 1 set previously :tongue:

I can bet you it was “remade”. Besides, a designer for LEGO confirmed the information I stated above.

My missing order showed up (it was waiting for me when I got home after seeing Sonic) and I just contacted LEGO to let them know (so they can cancel the not-yet-shipped replacement order)

It wouldn't surprise me if all the rain we have had here in Australia recently caused some delays

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I can bet you it was “remade”. Besides, a designer for LEGO confirmed the information I stated above.

Are you sure that the reference wasn't discussing a mold in temporary storage (such as in the second page of the thread below)?

Just checked my order that arrived and they missed a pair of heads (part number 6294697 from the birthday clown) and instead sent me 4 of a completly different head I didn't order (a female head of some kind with a mask covering the eye holes).

So now I need them to cancel one order (the replacement order for the one that came today) and send another order with the 2 heads in question :)

Edited by jonwil

44 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Just checked my order that arrived and they missed a pair of heads (part number 6294697 from the birthday clown) and instead sent me 4 of a completly different head I didn't order (a female head of some kind with a mask covering the eye holes).

So now I need them to cancel one order (the replacement order for the one that came today) and send another order with the 2 heads in question :)

Sounds like the head for Prime Empire Nya from 71711

Found it, its head 6176018 from the 2017 police line.

Somehow I ended up with 4 of those instead of 2 of the birthday clown head I actually ordered (and that is listed on the packing slip)

Loot shot of the haul I got

roahbaa8mF0qw91Wy_NvUuL77VoQyELkCARmsYIN

This is 1 of everything in my order except some parts I used for finishing my Steamboat Willie and some parts I used for finishing my New York Skyline set (I already put them in the sets before I remembered to take a loot shot and I obviously don't want to disassemble those items just to take some photos :). Also I already applied stickers (bought from a Bricklink seller who didn't have the right parts to apply the stickers to in their store) to 3 of the parts (the blue window glass and the 2 tiles below it)

You can see the mask head I referred to in my previous messages just below the vet clinic glass.

Some nice loot in any case (useful torsos and heads and legs, some nice figure accessories and headgear, a couple animals and other things for my zoo and a few other neat things. The head you can't see is the head from the Lester figure)

5 hours ago, Grover said:

Are you sure that the reference wasn't discussing a mold in temporary storage (such as in the second page of the thread below)?

No, a designer told me the information I have posted here on Twitter.

@jonwil I can’t see your image unfortunately, are you able to try reposting it please?

Something interesting: I'm checking B&P a few times a week for the new hood piece introduced for Star Wars last year (59276). You could find the part, but it was always out of stock. Now it has disappeared completely. Have you guys ever noticed this for other parts?

18 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Sorry, forgot to turn on sharing :)

Try this

Q7lGiLbcUGQAP2CvfH2FCKTshftxdT0mxm-y7Pw1

I still can't see it neither.

10 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Something interesting: I'm checking B&P a few times a week for the new hood piece introduced for Star Wars last year (59276). You could find the part, but it was always out of stock. Now it has disappeared completely. Have you guys ever noticed this for other parts?

Yes I have. This means we might neither see it available or it’ll be a while until it’s available.

17 hours ago, toydad2 said:

was able to order blue bird and lioness in US via phone

thanks for the tips

My order shipped yesterday!! Glad you were able to order 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

No, a designer told me the information I have posted here on Twitter.

Which designer? Do you have a link to the twitter post :classic:

Even if that is correct the way I see it that do not fall under the category make a new mould, but it will explain why it takes longer time to make that part than normal. They have already made the mould that is where most of the cost and time goes, if you are right now they just need to make a second one :wink:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Which designer? Do you have a link to the twitter post :classic:

Even if that is correct the way I see it that do not fall under the category make a new mould, but it will explain why it takes longer time to make that part than normal. They have already made the mould that is where most of the cost and time goes, if you are right now they just need to make a second one :wink:

Yes they made the mold but the mold doesn’t exist anymore thus meaning they would have to create a brand new one that looks exactly the same. The designer who made the giant T Rex Jurassic Park set, I believe it was John Mark Stafford.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes they made the mold but the mold doesn’t exist anymore thus meaning they would have to create a brand new one that looks exactly the same. The designer who made the giant T Rex Jurassic Park set, I believe it was John Mark Stafford.

Would make sense since he said in a interview that he wanted to include the goat in the set, but there was not enough time to make it.. I understand that, but most likely they have the blueprint for it on a computer etc so Lego do not have to "create" the mould just push enter :wink: Off course it is a little more complicated than that, but nowhere near as complicated as designing a bran new piece from scratch :classic: I am sure they have to make new moulds for the most common pieces all the time due to wear and tear. The goat mould could not have been worn out after only one set, maybe it was a accident and it broke :def_shrug: Off course that reduces the chances that there will be a goat in the set, but it is not impossible sometime they "must" make a new mould for the part right :tongue:

On 2/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, Pchan1983 said:

It's from Denmark given I got previous order from Denmark and I'm in NZ.  The latest order however, was from Germany.

All B&P orders are handled from Billund. If a postage stamp (I'm guessing it's printed, right?) says Germany then it is probably due to some practicality with logistics. Maybe the B&P orders are delivered in bulk by pallet to some HUB in Germany before it is split into shipments to different countries. The orders are definitely hand picked in Billund.

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

All B&P orders are handled from Billund. If a postage stamp (I'm guessing it's printed, right?) says Germany then it is probably due to some practicality with logistics. Maybe the B&P orders are delivered in bulk by pallet to some HUB in Germany before it is split into shipments to different countries. The orders are definitely hand picked in Billund.

Really? I receive a lot of them from NewJersey Post. (US). I figured they had more than one warehouse

Its entirely possible they ship them in bulk to different destinations (e.g. a bulk lot shipped to Australia) and then get processed and shipped off with the local post.

Would make sense and would save LEGO some money in shipping.

In other news, the order that was placed by LEGO to replace the order that went missing (but actually showed up yesterday) has now shipped. (obviously it shipped before LEGO customer service was able to see the message that the first order showed up) What do I do if/when that second order arrives?

Ok checking that order online it says "shipped/canceled", not sure what that means.

Edited by jonwil

9 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Really? I receive a lot of them from NewJersey Post. (US). I figured they had more than one warehouse

I asked Jan Beyer & Jamie Berard about this at a questions & answers session at Skærbæk last year. They said all B&P orders are handled by the consumer something department in Billund.

5 minutes ago, jonwil said:

In other news, the order that was placed by LEGO to replace the order that went missing (but actually showed up yesterday) has now shipped. (obviously it shipped before LEGO customer service was able to see the message that the first order showed up) What do I do if/when that second order arrives?

Keep the pieces with a clean conscience. I've seen multiple people this has happened to that has contacted LEGO and been told to just keep the pieces. If you want you can always send them an e-mail or call when you get the second order, but I'm pretty sure they will tell you just to keep it. 

Ok so I have contacted LEGO customer service via chat about the 2 missing birthday clown heads which they will reship.

And they advised me that I can keep the replacement order should it show up (they did say the parts had been shipped)

So its all good. I have the LEGO I need to continue working on my project for the next show, I will be getting the birthday clown heads comming my way shortly and I also have a second complete set of parts that is likely to come to me and that I get to keep if it does.

Edited by jonwil

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

I asked Jan Beyer & Jamie Berard about this at a questions & answers session at Skærbæk last year. They said all B&P orders are handled by the consumer something department in Billund.

Keep the pieces with a clean conscience. I've seen multiple people this has happened to that has contacted LEGO and been told to just keep the pieces. If you want you can always send them an e-mail or call when you get the second order, but I'm pretty sure they will tell you just to keep it. 

This makes me wonder if TLG makes profit with B&P? It's a very good service which I appreciate very much but I am lacking the imagination how to make profit with this very special service. The costs must be very high (e.g. employees for service and handling, packing all this little orders).

@The Reader I've wondered about this too.

My best guess would be that they need to provide the regular replacement parts service anyway, and by offering the B&P service they can keep the department running year round and offset some of the costs. 

7 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

and by offering the B&P service they can keep the department running year round and offset some of the costs. 

That might be a good point!

Edited by The Reader
typo