LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

PM me if this ever doesn't work for you. No need to discuss bugs/issues in the forum thread.

I find the LEGO receipt page for B&P orders really frustrating.  They don't show you the pictures of the elements you bought.  This make things really difficult if I'm placing a new B&P order before my last one has arrived and I don't remember if I bought a piece already.  I wrote a little script that automatically inserts the element ID pictures into the receipt page that I think is worth sharing.  If you go into your browser, add a bookmark, then copy/paste this below line as the URL, clicking on the bookmark when you're on a receipt page will automatically insert all the images where it can.

javascript:var knownBaseUrls = ["https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/element.img.lod5photo.192x192/"]; var itemPrefix = "Item:"; var elementIdMatch = "^" + itemPrefix + "[1-9][0-9]{4,}$"; function addImage(td, elementId, iteration) { var url = knownBaseUrls[iteration] + elementId + '.jpg'; var image = new Image(50, 50); image.addEventListener("load", function() { td.nextSibling.appendChild(image); }); image.addEventListener("error", function() { if (iteration + 1 >= knownBaseUrls.length) { return; } setTimeout(function(){addImage(td, elementId, iteration + 1);}, 200); }); image.src = url; } function addPictures() { var elementIdRegExp = new RegExp(elementIdMatch); var tableCells = document.getElementsByTagName("td"); Array.from(tableCells).forEach(function(td) { var matches = elementIdRegExp.exec(td.textContent); if (matches) { var match = matches[0]; addImage(td, match.substring(itemPrefix.length), 0); } }); } addPictures();

Example result:

screenshot.png.bc3edb88ab4baf6b106358366e83784a.png

Edited by Tusserte
LEGO changed their web site code and it broke the script. I updated with a more robust fix.

5 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I find the LEGO receipt page for B&P orders really frustrating...

You are a saint! Bravo!

2 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

@Tusserte It doesn't work for me :sad:

PM me and I will help.

Edit: my first version had some code that doesn't work on Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge.  I updated my original post with a new version that works for everyone.  You don't have to change anything if you don't use that browser.

Edited by Tusserte

2 hours ago, Tusserte said:

PM me and I will help.

Definitely saved some money in double ordered parts. Thank you so much man, that's a life changer!

I have a few orders (yes, multiple lol) from Jan 12-13 that are “in warehouse” but haven’t shipped yet. Is this normal? The status has said in warehouse for the majority of the time. 

I've waited months before, with 'in warehouse' for most of it.  Wait times for me have varied from 3 weeks (rarely) to 18 (usually between these two).

1 hour ago, BaristaBricks said:

I have a few orders (yes, multiple lol) from Jan 12-13 that are “in warehouse” but haven’t shipped yet. Is this normal? The status has said in warehouse for the majority of the time. 

I have waited also more than a month in the past but that seems to not be the case anymore I usually have them pretty quick. I do have to say that I also have a few order from early January that are in warehouse tho. I have had and still have an issue ( I have to call tomorrow) about B&P orders and PayPal. From what I understand, when you use PayPal for checkout, they (PayPal) authorize the payment for max 5 days. If lego takes more time for orders then payment gets refused and they can’t accept the payment. I spent 1 and a half hour last week on this issue with PayPal and lego reps (lego reps were very helpful, PayPal reps were very unpleasant). Anyways, I had another email from lego yesterday about a part order on which the payment authorization lapsed. I use credit card now to avoid spending long minutes/hours on the phone. 
maybe it is a new thing from PayPal as I never had that problem before even when it took over a month for shipment.  Weird. 

11 hours ago, Tusserte said:

PM me and I will help.

Edit: my first version had some code that doesn't work on Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge.  I updated my original post with a new version that works for everyone.  You don't have to change anything if you don't use that browser.

Is it supposed to work on a Mac as well? Maybe I’m doing it wrong. I created a favorite (bookmark) with the code, then went to my cart in a pending order and clicked on the bookmark and I get an error message on lego page. 

Edited by Megbricks

24 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

I have waited also more than a month in the past but that seems to not be the case anymore I usually have them pretty quick. I do have to say that I also have a few order from early January that are in warehouse tho. I have had and still have an issue ( I have to call tomorrow) about B&P orders and PayPal. From what I understand, when you use PayPal for checkout, they (PayPal) authorize the payment for max 5 days. If lego takes more time for orders then payment gets refused and they can’t accept the payment. I spent 1 and a half hour last week on this issue with PayPal and lego reps (lego reps were very helpful, PayPal reps were very unpleasant). Anyways, I had another email from lego yesterday about a part order on which the payment authorization lapsed. I use credit card now to avoid spending long minutes/hours on the phone. 
maybe it is a new thing from PayPal as I never had that problem before even when it took over a month for shipment.  Weird. 

Thanks. I don’t use PayPal though. Maybe they are just flooded with orders so I’ll give it some more time.

At least they did not close the shop this year, so it that means we have to wait a little longer for the order's that is fine by me :wink:

Finally have a "wish list" of 183 parts I am potentially interested in (all of which B&P will sell me as of right now).

Need to check Bricklink and make sure none are overpriced on B&P (i.e. where the higher price on B&P is such that it makes no sense to order it there instead of Bricklink) and then actually get my order placed.

Some of the interesting parts on my wish list: (yes many of these have probably been mentioned already in this thread but its still interesting to note that things are available I didn't expect to see :)

White banana

Dark azure mountain bike frame

Moby Brick book cover

New chameleon from the Bookshop

Unprinted bb8 body in white and black (black being used as "bombs" in a Batman/Joker set)

Dark pink electric guitar

1 x 1 zebra crossing tile from the Tokyo skyline

1 x 2 piano keys tile

2 x 2 tile with music notes from the new Arial story book (the one where the notes play the first part of the Disney theme song "When you wish upon a star")

2 x 2 tile with diamond sign (from a police set I think)

2 x 4 tile with men at work hard hat sign

The 1 x 3 x 3 windows from the Knight Bus (in both the purple and the new tan color) plus the trans-clear glass

All 3 colors of Ninjago game controller sword hilt

White hood piece

Dark orange airtanks

Red scarf

New "air mail" postal worker torso

Head and torso for the birthday clown from the new birthday set

The new backwards facing baseball cap + hair piece

The new style motorbike body in red

The new owl in tan

The 6 x 6 radar dish in the new "transparent light blue opal" color

The trans-fluro-orange space visor

The brown dog poop (I am building a zoo so I am going to need a bunch of these :)

Teal/Coral parrot from the special 4-minifig "summer" pack from last year

1 x 2 window print brick from the San Fransisco skyline set

That binoculars piece with the stud and anti-stud

The 2 x 2 tile from Stranger Things with a hand-drawn guy in some water

2 x 2 round Octan sign

2 x 4 "Joe's Garage" sign

1 x 4 x 6 "Dr Jones" glass

1 x 2 x 2 glass with newspaper print in trans-brown and in tan

Black handcuffs from the Disney Train

Both hats from the Steamboat Willie set

The bowl from the Chinese New Year dinner

Skirt and both legs from the Steamboat Willie set

Eleven and Will Byers torsos from Stranger Things

Hair from the little girl in the Chinese New Year dinner

Friends shopping trolley

Pumpkin (the one seen in the newest Hagrids Hut set)

Light Grey slingshot

White basketball net

White tea cup

2 x 2 tile in yellow with electric warning lightning bolt sign

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Finally have a "wish list" of 183 parts I am potentially interested in (all of which B&P will sell me as of right now).

Need to check Bricklink and make sure none are overpriced on B&P (i.e. where the higher price on B&P is such that it makes no sense to order it there instead of Bricklink) and then actually get my order placed.

Some of the interesting parts on my wish list: (yes many of these have probably been mentioned already in this thread but its still interesting to note that things are available I didn't expect to see :)

White banana

Dark azure mountain bike frame

Moby Brick book cover

New chameleon from the Bookshop

Unprinted bb8 body in white and black (black being used as "bombs" in a Batman/Joker set)

Dark pink electric guitar

1 x 1 zebra crossing tile from the Tokyo skyline

1 x 2 piano keys tile

2 x 2 tile with music notes from the new Arial story book (the one where the notes play the first part of the Disney theme song "When you wish upon a star")

2 x 2 tile with diamond sign (from a police set I think)

2 x 4 tile with men at work hard hat sign

The 1 x 3 x 3 windows from the Knight Bus (in both the purple and the new tan color) plus the trans-clear glass

All 3 colors of Ninjago game controller sword hilt

White hood piece

Dark orange airtanks

Red scarf

New "air mail" postal worker torso

Head and torso for the birthday clown from the new birthday set

The new backwards facing baseball cap + hair piece

The new style motorbike body in red

The new owl in tan

The 6 x 6 radar dish in the new "transparent light blue opal" color

The trans-fluro-orange space visor

The brown dog poop (I am building a zoo so I am going to need a bunch of these :)

Teal/Coral parrot from the special 4-minifig "summer" pack from last year

1 x 2 window print brick from the San Fransisco skyline set

That binoculars piece with the stud and anti-stud

The 2 x 2 tile from Stranger Things with a hand-drawn guy in some water

2 x 2 round Octan sign

2 x 4 "Joe's Garage" sign

1 x 4 x 6 "Dr Jones" glass

1 x 2 x 2 glass with newspaper print in trans-brown and in tan

Black handcuffs from the Disney Train

Both hats from the Steamboat Willie set

The bowl from the Chinese New Year dinner

Skirt and both legs from the Steamboat Willie set

Eleven and Will Byers torsos from Stranger Things

Hair from the little girl in the Chinese New Year dinner

Friends shopping trolley

Pumpkin (the one seen in the newest Hagrids Hut set)

Light Grey slingshot

White basketball net

White tea cup

2 x 2 tile in yellow with electric warning lightning bolt sign

Dark orange airtank? From which set?

Finally placed my B&P order.

Some nice bits in there including all the parts I need to complete my Steamboat Willie (although I suspect my "build Steamboat Willie using parts from my collection, parts from B&P, parts from Bricklink and parts from local second hand sales" idea probably cost me more than I expected although probably not as much as just buying the set outright).

I checked my order carefully and the part numbers, prices and quantities match between my own list of what I was ordering, the list you get on the confirmation screen when you exit B&P and the list you get on the order summary screen so in my case I haven't been hit with price increases between B&P and the final order.

Now begins the long wait for the order to actually show up (hopefully it gets here soon so I can actually do the work on my zoo in time for the first show in mid-march)

Although I do have things I can work on in the mean time (like getting the train track ballasted and planning out what's going where)

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

Finally placed my B&P order.

Some nice bits in there including all the parts I need to complete my Steamboat Willie (although I suspect my "build Steamboat Willie using parts from my collection, parts from B&P, parts from Bricklink and parts from local second hand sales" idea probably cost me more than I expected although probably not as much as just buying the set outright).

I checked my order carefully and the part numbers, prices and quantities match between my own list of what I was ordering, the list you get on the confirmation screen when you exit B&P and the list you get on the order summary screen so in my case I haven't been hit with price increases between B&P and the final order.

Now begins the long wait for the order to actually show up (hopefully it gets here soon so I can actually do the work on my zoo in time for the first show in mid-march)

Although I do have things I can work on in the mean time (like getting the train track ballasted and planning out what's going where)

Unfortunately you’ll need to check prices one more time when it actually ships. Prices can magically change any time between now and then.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:59 PM, Tusserte said:

Unfortunately you’ll need to check prices one more time when it actually ships. Prices can magically change any time between now and then.

I’ve called Lego up before and they’ve compensated me. It’s wrong to do it in the first place to be honest but at least they cured situation for me. It would be nice to see this prevented.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Never thought so many people would be excited over poop. :laugh:

Lego poop collectors: third most populous poop-based community after archaeologists and scatologists.