LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

We can buy pieces from Lego now, but that do not seem to stop people buying from BL sellers..
Lego have a lot of restrictions compared BL sellers (only new pieces in production, not licensed etc). Some part are cheaper on Lego some on BL, but it depends on how many people that shop on BL that know they can buy parts from Lego. If few people do, then a Lego shop on BL would have a bigger effect than if most know about B&P.. Anyway they would definitely be one of the biggest sellers there, probably the biggest, but not sure they will make such a move. Lego B&P are more linked up to where customers get broken or missing parts and they still need to maintain that service.. :shrug_oh_well:

Both services have their pros and cons.

If Lego wanted to, per se, do a limited run of blue clown hair or unprinted beehive hair, Bricklink would make more sense for something like that.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, Clahador said:

Just a head's up: They also said that there's an olive green version of the plant shoot element coming out in 2020 (I ordered the green) and it's currently under production. As for what set, they didn't know but it is in their system.

It's confirmed. Element is arriving as olive green in the 2020 modular. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 16.13.19.png

2 hours ago, Clahador said:

It's confirmed. Element is arriving as olive green in the 2020 modular. 

I noticed it yesterday in the Dubai Skyline too. :)

BnP is on top of their game right meow!
Placed a fairly large order Dec 4th, shipped before dawn on 6th.
Don't think I've ever seen a turnaround that fast before!

Interesting they still haven't closed for holiday yet this year ... I remember they closed pretty early in previous years.

That's so weird. Mine took 5 days processing so far. Just got the notice it shipped today. I ordered it last Saturday. I would say holiday rush, but it seems some are still having speedy service. Oh well.

I ordered a set at Midnight December 1st (I thought it was the 2nd but whatever LEGO), it didn't ship until the 5th and I still have received it. I have no idea what LEGO is doing. They have the worst online experience.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

I ordered a set at Midnight December 1st (I thought it was the 2nd but whatever LEGO), it didn't ship until the 5th and I still have received it. I have no idea what LEGO is doing. They have the worst online experience.

I agree about their website being low-functional. However, your problem lies within the shipping company that are sending it.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I agree about their website being low-functional. However, your problem lies within the shipping company that are sending it.

Oh I know. LEGO should know better and have a better system for delivery. I ordered December 1st (Which once again I think the website is wrong and it was December 2nd.), didn't ship until the 6th. Target, Walmart and Amazon would have had it delivered by then, never minded shipped. Then it takes 8-9 days for delivery from Indiana to Massachusetts? That's not that far. I wonder if I shipped it to Western NY where I live if I would have gotten it sooner. :laugh:

(I ship big LEGO to my mom because the tax rate is 2% cheaper and I'll pick it up at Christmas.)

6 hours ago, Maple said:

Oh I know. LEGO should know better and have a better system for delivery. I ordered December 1st (Which once again I think the website is wrong and it was December 2nd.), didn't ship until the 6th. Target, Walmart and Amazon would have had it delivered by then, never minded shipped. Then it takes 8-9 days for delivery from Indiana to Massachusetts? That's not that far. I wonder if I shipped it to Western NY where I live if I would have gotten it sooner. :laugh:

(I ship big LEGO to my mom because the tax rate is 2% cheaper and I'll pick it up at Christmas.)

Why from Indiana? Surely it’ll be coming from the warehouse in Denmark?

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

Why from Indiana? Surely it’ll be coming from the warehouse in Denmark?

I'm not talking about the B&P parts, I'm talking about the Parisian Restaurant that I bought came from Indiana according to Fedex. Took nearly two weeks to go maybe 1,000 miles.

The B&P took 5-6 weeks last time. I was in no rush.

The PR was backordered, so they're all slow due to the heavy demand from it being on sale.  The B&P usually take weeks since they come from overseas and customs hold them up, particularly at Christmas when there's a lot of parcels.  Additionally, DHL ships from Denmark to the US, and can drop off the parcel with the USPS if they do not service the area, so there can be another delay.  All that said, B&P has been moving very fast recently, so hopefully our orders will be quick!

It was not on backorder. I ordered it at 12:01 Eastern. It still took them 4 days to ship it and another 9-10 days to go less than 1,000 miles. LEGO needs to stop being so darn cheap and fire the horrible shipping company they hire.

I had warped / melted pieces ant they were sent from Denmark in less than a week. However they never did send me an envelope to send the broken ones back.

Edited by Maple

The Lego Shop at Home shipment (Indiana) delay was probably due to a pileup from 'Black Friday' sales. I placed a small order as well on the 29th, shipped on the 5th, arrived the 13th, considering the date the order was placed that's to be expected. It was probably really hectic in that warehouse.

And they've never wanted damaged/defective or broken pieces returned from my experience, they just send the replacement.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

And they've never wanted damaged/defective or broken pieces returned from my experience, they just send the replacement.

LEGO told me they would send me a prepaid envelope because it's odd that two pieces were melted, warped weirdly and wanted to find out why. Then never did. I'd gladly send them back, just wondered what happened to it.

16 hours ago, typingduck said:

No sorry, not automatic yet.

I have just updated it with the current list with the reported prices/availability in Ireland. Happy xmas :)

Thanks man, have a lovely Christmas!

18 hours ago, typingduck said:

No sorry, not automatic yet.

I have just updated it with the current list with the reported prices/availability in Ireland. Happy xmas :)

Thanks for the update! Hopefully you manage to make a new update in the beginning of 2020 with all the new sets..
Have a nice xmas :classic:

It's interesting that it never closed this year. So I'm hoping we get new pieces on Jan 1.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

It's interesting that it never closed this year. So I'm hoping we get new pieces on Jan 1.

I hope too!!!

On 12/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, Gomek said:

Both services have their pros and cons.

If Lego wanted to, per se, do a limited run of blue clown hair or unprinted beehive hair, Bricklink would make more sense for something like that.

You must be purposely mentioning existing parts exclusive to LEGO stores pick-a-minifig? People should have a not-traveling-to-a-lego-store option for those.

I do wonder if that'll trip up the "only real lego, nothing prerelease"

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Found an interesting item available on B&P this afternoon; Kylo Ren's crossed lightsaber blade is available to buy. I don't think it's always been available and I thought it would be classed as a Star Wars piece and be unavailable.