LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

2 hours ago, anothergol said:

I noticed my last order had +10% in pretty much all lots, that's cool. Is that a new thing?

How do you mean? As in, for every 10 pieces of the same element you got an 11th for free?

15 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Exactly

Cool. I have an order coming, so let's wait and see if I get anything extra too... :shrug_oh_well:

This thread is so dangerous!! Every time I check in here it ends with a new order of Bricks&Pieces :laugh:. Last order, placed yesterday, I have to blame @Exetrius for, and his LBG "Wheel With Spokes Ø33.8" which startet a new search ending in yet another order, haha... :ugh:

1 hour ago, Chilis said:

This thread is so dangerous!! Every time I check in here it ends with a new order of Bricks&Pieces

Exactly.  In fact even a search on B&P is dangerous.

I've seen some people in this thread mentioning that they were able to get the mid-legs from bricks and pieces. I think they mentioned that they called in the order to get it added but I'm not sure. Is this still possible and how is it done?

75418260-10218705722347011-8266059779747

Don't mind the Disney tile. I just put that as a focal point for the table and forgot to take it off. :iamded_lol:

Edited by Clahador

25 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@Clahador Wow! How many hundreds of dollars did that set you back?

Around $250? I used VIP points for the remaining amount. The order was placed before they started shutting down on early September (hence the random out of stock parts going through with the order; in particular the 2x4 printed tiles next to the teacups were substituted parts).

Took me this long to post it here, sorry for not updating y'all. :)

10 hours ago, Clahador said:

Don't mind the Disney tile. I just put that as a focal point for the table and forgot to take it off. :iamded_lol:

wow, didn't know the disney castle tile is available ... now I need to think should I place another order before end of the year.

17 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

wow, didn't know the disney castle tile is available ... now I need to think should I place another order before end of the year.

I said don't mind it since I didn't get it from B&P.

I was setting up the table to do a parts picture for y'all and placed that as the center where all the elements would start falling into place. They don't sell it available because it's licensed.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

Ok now we have to see this mountain lion versus alligator battle. Make it happen.

I'll try. I wanted the mountain lions to chase after some skiers for the Winter Village Display.... then the alligators looked cool in general (you can never have enough gators).

A really nice lot @Clahador with a lot of animals :sweet:
Interestingly enough I asked Lego about the price for the Pegasus parts from HP earlier, but got the reply that they were licensed and not for sale.
Since you have bought the wings I checked again and now is every part for sale even the horse (,but it is expensive) *huh*

9 hours ago, Clahador said:

They don't sell it available because it's licensed.

That hasn't stopped them in the past! I have bought loads of licensed parts via B+P. Unfortunately they are getting better at keeping licensed parts off there, but some still slip through.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So Lego has just announced it has acquired Bricklink. I wonder what this will mean for B+P?

Bricklink’s customer service seems to be non-existent so this to me a great thing. Maybe Bricklink will be the new B+P? I’m excited to see what this means.

Brickset interviewed an executive from Lego regarding acquiring Bricklink and brickset asked about Bricks and Pieces (of course this could all change):

How might this affect LEGO's existing methods for selling individual parts, such as Bricks and Pieces?

Julia: BrickLink provides an opportunity for us to better understand what needs people have. There are no plans for immediate changes but I think there is potential to evolve and improve that service within LEGO to the AFOL community. At the moment, we have various methods of providing bulk or individual brick purchasing but BrickLink could certainly assist us with continuing development.

Source: https://brickset.com/article/47293/the-lego-group-acquires-bricklink

I see this as a dangerous development. I liked the fact that Bricklink was independent and gave us another option to buy parts. I don't think they'll do much in the first months/years and simply update some things, patch some bugs and integrate links to their website, however in the long run who knows what they will do. They also state that they probably won't allow third party parts like realistic guns (I don't care for these, but there was no problem when Lego wasn't involved). I assume they see Stud.io as a follow up to LDD which could be nice if they keep supporting the application. 

They probably bought it for all the data BL provides. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

On 11/26/2019 at 3:18 PM, Roebuck said:

A really nice lot @Clahador with a lot of animals :sweet:
Interestingly enough I asked Lego about the price for the Pegasus parts from HP earlier, but got the reply that they were licensed and not for sale.
Since you have bought the wings I checked again and now is every part for sale even the horse (,but it is expensive) *huh*

Thank you. Glad to see another HP fan, I actually just finished completing mine (didn't get the microbuild Hogwarts set though since it's not to scale but I do have both of the recent waves).   :pir-laugh:

And yes, I had the same response from LEGO CSTeam regarding the Pegasus wings prior and I remember reasoning out that the wings and horse shouldn't necessarily be licensed as it's not a specific mold / print-- as I wanted to order a few of them for it to be closer to the movies (I currently have 4 Pegasi pulling the carriage but I may want to source out the Winter Village Marketplace horse if I'd want to go all out though those costs alot so I only got the wings).

Most likely the wings and horse would reappear in another set for 2020. The pieces seem to be generic enough for it to happen.

Just a head's up: They also said that there's an olive green version of the plant shoot element coming out in 2020 (I ordered the green) and it's currently under production. As for what set, they didn't know but it is in their system.

P.S.
It's still too early to say what's in store for BrickLink. The following is purely speculation on my part, but I do believe that all the interviews glossed over asking Julia Goldin that one other function BrickLink is known for: selling discontinued sets and themes (which is so weird as they asked about parts, Stud.io, and MOC sets but not this).

Conservatively and optimistically speaking, they might just want to study trends... such as what's the market profitability for old sets and parts as well as community spending habits.

For all we know they might use BrickLink as a gage for:

• Which retired sets would be good to re-produce (like what they did for Winter Village Marketplace and Taj Mahal).
  • Which classic lines to resurrect (Castle / Pirates / Space / Galidor [:iamded_lol:]).
  • The impact of region-specific releases (CNY / SW Target) as well as SDCC exclusives (maybe they might want to do a limited release).

BrickLink has been the biggest online marketplace for the aforementioned points, thus they have the trends and data for LEGO to learn from.

Sure, it might be to help improve B&P and LDD, but I do believe that they did this buy out for this purpose. If you reread the interviews again with this in mind it does seem very plausible so that they can "respond DIRECTLY to what the fans really want from LEGO."

They already did it with Harry Potter be re-releasing such a beloved (and expensive second market) theme so this theory of mine seems to check out for the time being. :purrr:

Edited by Clahador

2 hours ago, Clahador said:

Thank you. Glad to see another HP fan, I actually just finished completing mine (didn't get the microbuild Hogwarts set though since it's not to scale but I do have both of the recent waves).   :pir-laugh:

And yes, I had the same response from LEGO CSTeam regarding the Pegasus wings prior and I remember reasoning out that the wings and horse shouldn't necessarily be licensed as it's not a specific mold / print-- as I wanted to order a few of them for it to be closer to the movies (I currently have 4 Pegasi pulling the carriage but I may want to source out the Winter Village Marketplace horse if I'd want to go all out though those costs alot so I only got the wings).

Most likely the wings and horse would reappear in another set for 2020. The pieces seem to be generic enough for it to happen.

I agree and my plan is to buy the wings of B&P and the horses on BL when I find a good deal there..
I find it a little frustrating that the horse which is the first Lego animal mould made back in the day is so expensive and rare now a days since there is several years between every set that has one :hmpf:

Do not this page update, since the mention parts are not in there?
https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com/index.html

On 12/1/2019 at 4:48 AM, Clahador said:

For all we know they might use BrickLink as a gage for:

• Which retired sets would be good to re-produce (like what they did for Winter Village Marketplace and Taj Mahal).
  • Which classic lines to resurrect (Castle / Pirates / Space / Galidor [:iamded_lol:]).
  • The impact of region-specific releases (CNY / SW Target) as well as SDCC exclusives (maybe they might want to do a limited release).

They could have done all that without buying BL.

I imagine they bought it to expand the AFOL-designed sets program, which they collaborated with BL on. It was that program that got them working with BL closer than they had ever done in the past.

Here is the real question: What happens when Lego opens a store on Bricklink.

They could conceivably put things on there that would make me very broke, but also tick off a lot of Bricklink sellers.

Would they be under any obligation to reveal who they were?