LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Just got an e-mail that one of the parts I ordered (a limb in dark red) was canceled from my order.  Really?  None of the stuff that I ordered was licensed at all.  I'm going to call and complain tomorrow.  They need to get it together.  Canceling all these pieces is really frustrating.

3 hours ago, Gomek said:

This is the part that makes me think they are losing money on Bricks and Pieces and it wouldn't surprise me if they are seriously reviewing financials while stopping the bleeding.

It's even (way) more time wasted by an operator when you place a phone order, and that's exactly what they're getting by closing B&P.

I consider the handling price included in the part's price, which isn't exactly cheap compared to:
-(often) Bricklink
-Lego's own Brick walls
-sets, where a massive chunk goes to the reseller, then the box/manual/R&D/ads, etc

I'm pretty sure Lego doesn't care not because they're losing money, but because it's bringing peanuts compared to sets bought for kids.

Just called.  I got an erroneous e-mail.  They didn't cancel my part because it was licensed, but rather because they were very low on stock and the part quit being made in 2016, so they're holding onto the stock for replacement parts.  I'm OK with that.  I'd rather have kids get replacement parts.

As for making money, a tiny order wouldn't, but if you spend a few hundred dollars on just a couple elements, they definitely make money.  Even if you assume USD $10/hr for their operators (which is probably high), they still make money on most of it.  If they are worried about making money, they just need to introduce a monetary minimum and/or a maximum number of different elements per dollar amount.  Problem solved.

Lots of complaints, that is what is needed... if you want B&P to go away forever that is. What about cutting LEGO some slack? 

I love B&P because of the low shipping costs and wide selection of parts. It would be a huge loss if it was closed. Most of the time B&P turns out cheaper than Bricklink for me since I'm not ordering huge quantities of parts.

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Lots of complaints, that is what is needed... if you want B&P to go away forever that is. What about cutting LEGO some slack? 

Even without the licensed pieces, B&P is a wonderful service with a plentiful range of pieces. It has its flaws, we all do. @typingduck made an awesome website to help us out loads.

16 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I love B&P because of the low shipping costs and wide selection of parts. It would be a huge loss if it was closed. Most of the time B&P turns out cheaper than Bricklink for me since I'm not ordering huge quantities of parts.

I could not said it better myself :thumbup:

20 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

+1 :thumbup:

I love B&P because it lets me get parts that would otherwise only be available by buying expensive sets.

For example I picked up the 2x2 tile with space shuttle blueprints from the 2015 City Space Shuttle set without having to buy the entire expensive set (most of which I had no interest in). And I was able to buy the teapot without having to buy one of the expensive sets that contained it (at that point it was only in expensive sets).

Its also good for getting more of a part where I don't want to have to buy a second copy of the set (one example being the lifeguard torso from the Fun at the Beach set).

Or for getting parts in bigger quantities than would be easy via any other methods (as I did with 1 x 1 tiles in trans-orange and 1 x 1 bricks in trans-brown, both of which I wanted in quantity for my bus and other vehicle MOCs)

I hope they dont close B&P and that they can sort out whatever problems exist (stock being offered for sale when they can't sell it due to licensing, stock being offered for sale when they have no stock, stock being offered for sale when they have low stock and need to retain what they have left for "replacement parts" requests or whatever other things are going on) and bring the site back up so I can actually order some of the neat parts on my wish list this side of the xmas shutdown.

EDIT: At least I have a somewhat working backdoor way to see prices in AUD (to make sure I don't order anything on Bricklink that is cheaper on B&P by any meaningful amount)

Edited by jonwil

On 8/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

Hidden Side parts seem to count as licensed.

Is there even a single unlicensed theme left, or did Lego become wise to people just ordering the special parts separately instead of buying entire sets just for one piece?

I am especially anxious about the light grey barrel from the Harley Davidson. That's such a generic piece that could finally get a price decrease on Bricklink from its regular ~5€ per part but they just don't make it available.

I have to apologize to single out this one post from over a month ago, but it engulfs me with anger. I'm sorry, but I refuse to to agree with your statement.

First of all, the light grey barrel pieces from Harley Davidson are absolutely not going to be decreased in price. I see no reason for it to happen anytime soon, regardless of how fabulous that would be for the AFOL community as a whole.
I do not see why you would need to be anxious particularly about this, as other parts have become much rarer in quantity as well as quality.

Second of all, LEGO is wise. How else could they build this billion dollar empire that is richer than the country it is  residing in. I understand your logic, yes, but I don't understand how you came to that thought in the first place.
Has become LEGO wise? Did become LEGO wise? Which is it? Ordering special parts and the recognition of doing so is exactly what LEGO has been doing since the 1990s when the LEGO catalogue was invented to let people order special parts.
However, isn't it much better to buy entire sets instead of a single piece? Especially if it''s the same price? I get that you may have the same fun playing with one brick as opposed to an official MOC, but the majority of AFOLs do not.
Regardless, I hope this clarifies it all.

Edited by Tartrank
Mistakes were made, I apologize, I didn't mean to write "single" two times in the same sentence

6 hours ago, Tartrank said:

I have to apologize to single out this one post from over a month ago, but it engulfs me with anger. I'm sorry, but I refuse to to agree with your statement.

First of all, the light grey barrel pieces from Harley Davidson are absolutely not going to be decreased in price. I see no reason for it to happen anytime soon, regardless of how fabulous that would be for the AFOL community as a whole.
I do not see why you would need to be anxious particularly about this, as other parts have become much rarer in quantity as well as quality.

I don't see your point. The light grey barrel is a fairly generic part and is unquestionably non-licensed by nature, which means that it should become available through B&P. From LEGO's perspective it would only make sense to try to take a piece of the pie that would otherwise stay in the secondary market, by offering the grey barrel through B&P.

6 hours ago, Tartrank said:

However, isn't it much better to buy entire sets instead of a single piece? Especially if it''s the same price? I get that you may have the same fun playing with one brick as opposed to an official MOC, but the majority of AFOLs do not.

This isn't about play, you know? A lot of AFOLs build MOCs, who sometimes find themselves requiring some specific parts to start, improve, or finish a MOC with. And I'm not going to buy the Harley Davidson if I were to only need the light grey barrel from that set.

I am looking at B&P right now (via the AUD backdoor link I posted previously) and the light grey barrel (element 6278993) is showing up as "in stock" with a price of 0.94AUD (not sure if its "in stock" online but will be rejected if you actually try to order it)

EDIT: The barrel also appears in the Hidden Side bus.

Edited by jonwil

Is there a working backdoor outside Australia?

I just placed a phone order, I can confirm that the LBG barrel, LBG fez & LBG 1x1x2/3 rounded can be ordered.
The full-LBG mini-lever and the LBG BB8 head can't be ordered yet, though.

Just now, BaristaBricks said:

What the heck. It was open for a couple hours today and now it’s CLOSED again. So over this. 

Just as I was starting to look for interesting parts they pull this s***t again. I'm getting incredibly tired of Bricks and Pieces, it hasn't worked properly for months now

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

What's with all this backdoor talk? Shouldn't there... wasn't there a front door?

When it’s closed down, you can’t click the front door but I found a back door entrance.

Anyone having issue with shipping time?  I've got an order went through on the phone and shipped out 5th Sept, still not receiving it yet.  That's a long time considering the shipping speed usually take less than 10 business days for NZ.

1 hour ago, Pchan1983 said:

Anyone having issue with shipping time?  I've got an order went through on the phone and shipped out 5th Sept, still not receiving it yet.  That's a long time considering the shipping speed usually take less than 10 business days for NZ.

Same with me - ordered over a week ago and still nothing. Contacted customer service again today and apparently it's on the way, so I don't know. I assume there's a bit of a re-org going on with all the changes and supposed improvements they are making to the platform...

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Same with me - ordered over a week ago and still nothing. Contacted customer service again today and apparently it's on the way, so I don't know. I assume there's a bit of a re-org going on with all the changes and supposed improvements they are making to the platform...

Is your order still In Warehouse?   I'll probably chase up the Customer Service again tomorrow and hopefully have some answer but I don't know how they can track it since the order shipped out with no tracking.

My shipping time was the fastest I've ever had from B&P.  I ordered a set and B&P on the same order.  B&P showed up today, order placed September 16th.  The set still hasn't shown up, and it wasn't backordered! 

I love B&P like the rest of folks on here.  For me, it's one of the only ways to get pieces for MOCing since I typically get to a Lego store about once a year (this year being a weird exception with all my travel).  I love that I can buy a certain piece in greater quantity than buying a set would allow.  Sure, I could buy 10 copies of a set, sell off the excess pieces, but that's not worth my time.  I'd have to deal with selling, shipping, customers, taxes... what a waste.  I don't really care that B&P doesn't allow licensed themes, as it's not my main mode of MOCing.  It's interesting to get some new prints here and there, but other than that, I'm quite happy with B&P.  I only wish that their system would run better.  The up and down of the system and mismarking of pieces is frustrating.  All in all, though, I'll deal with that over not having B&P.

11 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Is your order still In Warehouse?   I'll probably chase up the Customer Service again tomorrow and hopefully have some answer but I don't know how they can track it since the order shipped out with no tracking.

They claim it was shipped over a week ago, but I can't imagine why it's taken so long...

In other news, B&P seems to be back up!

2 hours ago, Grover said:

My shipping time was the fastest I've ever had from B&P.  I ordered a set and B&P on the same order.  B&P showed up today, order placed September 16th.  The set still hasn't shown up, and it wasn't backordered! 

I love B&P like the rest of folks on here.  For me, it's one of the only ways to get pieces for MOCing since I typically get to a Lego store about once a year (this year being a weird exception with all my travel).  I love that I can buy a certain piece in greater quantity than buying a set would allow.  Sure, I could buy 10 copies of a set, sell off the excess pieces, but that's not worth my time.  I'd have to deal with selling, shipping, customers, taxes... what a waste.  I don't really care that B&P doesn't allow licensed themes, as it's not my main mode of MOCing.  It's interesting to get some new prints here and there, but other than that, I'm quite happy with B&P.  I only wish that their system would run better.  The up and down of the system and mismarking of pieces is frustrating.  All in all, though, I'll deal with that over not having B&P.

I’ve a number of Mocs now, so useful! It’s expensive indeed but better than buying sets and selling off excess like you said.

2 minutes ago, legozebra said:

They claim it was shipped over a week ago, but I can't imagine why it's taken so long...

In other news, B&P seems to be back up!

HOORAY!

Yikes my B&P bag in my cart got wiped! Luckily I was just using it for a backdoor but I’ve never had this issue before!

Back up in the US.

Cart problems persist. I've gotten my cart whipped a couple times and that hurts, but if I can get my order in all will be forgiven.

I'm able to access B&P through the normal page today, add parts, and go to checkout.  But when I click the Place Order button, it says 'Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please contact customer service.'.  Anyone else having this problem, or have you been able to place an order today?