LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

57 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

You guys are talking about Chima pieces... I went through like 50+ Chima sets last night in B&P and didn’t find any pieces specific to chima available. Do you guys have a set number/piece number as a reference?

Try searching through minifigure parts on this website:

https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com

19 hours ago, Hive said:

Sweet it worked, thanks!

B+P has been down for about 4 days here in the US. I think I went to the page people are talking about (to circumvent) but the yellow warning is there. If anyone has a link that is working in the US or could point me in a better direction that would be great.

another question, when you call for Ninjago pieces, do they say they are "licensed" and give you an issue? or will they take the order?

7 minutes ago, Gomek said:

B+P has been down for about 4 days here in the US. I think I went to the page people are talking about (to circumvent) but the yellow warning is there. If anyone has a link that is working in the US or could point me in a better direction that would be great.

another question, when you call for Ninjago pieces, do they say they are "licensed" and give you an issue? or will they take the order?

I don't think any of the links are working now. Seems Lego finally realised there was a back door into the system. The link that was working now redirects to 404 Bad Request. Sorry.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think any of the links are working now. Seems Lego finally realised there was a back door into the system. The link that was working now redirects to 404 Bad Request. Sorry.

Figured. Thanks for confirming. I'm bummed I didn't get in on the backdoor when it was working. I was getting ready to order on the day it went down so just missed it.

27 minutes ago, Gomek said:

Figured. Thanks for confirming. I'm bummed I didn't get in on the backdoor when it was working. I was getting ready to order on the day it went down so just missed it.

Same as me. Just hoping all my 250ish different parts cart will be still available when and if the site will be back working.

Update: my cart has just been cleared out (3hrs spent filling it). Holy shit.

Beside of B&P, have you guys been able to buying regular sets from S@H? And parts from Pick a Brick?

Edited by Ponga91

1 minute ago, Ponga91 said:

Same as me. Just hoping all my parts 250ish different parts cart will be still available when and if the site will be back working.

Oh, man I know that pain as I had a 50 part order get wiped out so I can't even imagine a 250 piece order getting wiped.

As I was discussing in another thread, I really don't think Lego makes money on this service or cares about it at all. Even Lego store employees will quietly tell customers to go to Bricklink with particular requests as opposed to sending them to bricks and pieces.

Quite frankly, with the amount of technical issues they seem to have, they'd be better off just opening up a bricklink store, as ridiculous as that would be. (and yes, I realize they would never do that)

I may try to put in an order by phone for a dozen or so Nexo and Ninjago parts today or tomorrow. I'm pretty much expecting them to tell me they are all licensed and refusing to sell me any of it, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

No probs. Me too actually. I was trying to put together an order when it went down. Started putting things back together and then the back door slammed shut. ? I did actually make an order of four small pieces around three weeks ago and they should be with me but are yet to arrive so really not having much luck.

1 hour ago, Ponga91 said:

Same as me. Just hoping all my 250ish different parts cart will be still available when and if the site will be back working.

Beside of B&P, have you guys been able to buying regular sets from S@H? And parts from Pick a Brick?

I finally managed to order the Hogwarts Castle yesterday when the site was working. Also ordered Central Perk, but that's on backorder. Beats me who managed to buy it when it was available before the site went wonky and then the site starts working and it's on backorder. So now I have decided to try and put together a Pick A Brick order of bulk windows, bricks etc whilst the HS promo is running and even that is being annoying. Just had to clear out all my cookies, browsing data etc to get the Pick A Brick page to actually show some bricks. Then bricks which were available yesterday are now nowhere to be found e.g. You can buy 1x4x6 door frames, but the 1x4x6 glass panes have suddenly vanished which is super helpful. Sorry you lost everything - it's super annoying!

EDIT: Added a few pieces to PAB only to then get the Access Denied ... not got permission for this server ... Blah blah blah. So cleared cookies etc again. This happens in both Edge and Chrome BTW. Annoying thing is, the last time I went to buy PAB and a large B+P was during the Rocket Ride promo and guess what, it didn't work then either. What was more annoying, was that CS wouldn't admit anything was wrong with the website on that occasion, just said it was 'slower than normal'. It's that slow it's going backwards.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Hello there to everyone. I've been reading y'all's posts ever since page 84 and figured I'd finally chime in. :snicker:

It's thanks to you guys that I was able to order my first and second B&P items (back when they had that dreadful Easter backlog of 11 days).

I'm currently at the process of ordering and here's what I was able to do (note that one needs to have a pre-existing B&P cart available but only to check prices [you won't really need it as you will find out later as you read further along]):

>Edit cart, use parts sourced from https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com/ (big help to the one who made it) to cross reference prices in USD and check for availability.

>Make a spreadsheet of the items (element description x element number x quantity) and save it as a .pdf file.

>Call and place your order via phone.

>If it's a large order, offer to send a parts list via email. If they agree, they will ask you to send it via csteam@lego.com and opt that they call you back once they have confirmed your order-- which is actually much faster and less cumbersome compared to the bulk orders email form (as that takes a week or so with going back and forth in terms of parts availability).

----------------------------------------

Things I found out:
>Even if you did have an updated B&P cart ready to be checked out, they cannot access it according to the Customer Representative, hence the need for a .pdf file as it makes ordering for them so much easier (they said they can just cut and paste it). 

>Out of the 78 items I ordered, 16 of those are currently not available and are coming off as licensed parts. Do take note that I have used both Nostalgic and LEGO's B&P databases to verify part availability prior to placing my orders. It could mean that they are trying to update their stocks and I guess the main reason they shut it down was because they saw quite a number elements that were not supposed to be for sale was available for purchase.

>They were also nice that they send over the "out of stock" items due to the file I sent-- or maybe the bulk order gave. So my total went from $409 it went down to $360.

>If you have already redeemed your VIP points as online order vouchers, they can still take it via phone. My total further went down to $310.

>They waived the shipping since the Customer Representative saw that I added the Botanical Accessories (40310) pack to bypass the "$35 and over" orders clause.

----------------------------------------

Pros:
>My order went through. LEGO subtracted the amount from my bank account.

Cons:
>My current order says "Please contact Customer Service" so maybe I broke the system further.

>The amount that was taken was $360... when it should have been $310 (so maybe the vouchers were plugged in late)... BUT my grand total as per their official receipt was at $260 (so maybe I broke the system even further).

Yay~?

P.S.
This is the only element from the new sets that looked promising from the Friends Ideas set (well, Monica's head was available too):

2053564696_ScreenShot2019-09-04at02_18_31.png.033d03bb806c1c13f630f09e2ee467bd.png

If there was a way I could see prices in $A for parts (to avoid buying parts that cost too much or that are way cheaper on Bricklink and to see what's in stock vs not in stock) I would definitely try a phone order.

6 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

I always take screen caps in case the site flips on me. 

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

Try searching through minifigure parts on this website:

https://nostalgic-wilson-b2026b.netlify.com

Thanks. I just did following your instructions but didn’t find much. I was hoping for head masks from Chima. :)

btw just got this for crocodile pieces (the green one)

48674008117_6abb8caed3_b.jpg

in the same order (by phone) I ordered the albino crocodile from hidden side and these were available.

7 hours ago, Gomek said:

Oh, man I know that pain as I had a 50 part order get wiped out so I can't even imagine a 250 piece order getting wiped.

As I was discussing in another thread, I really don't think Lego makes money on this service or cares about it at all. Even Lego store employees will quietly tell customers to go to Bricklink with particular requests as opposed to sending them to bricks and pieces.

I think that’s because not many people know about Bricks & Pieces not because they are admitting it’s a bad service.

The back door is still working for me. However, when I pressed “edit” and I am redirected to Bricks & Pieces, I find none of my pieces I previously selected are there and I have a random selection of pieces. So strange! This last time I tried it, I had a bunch of Nexo Knight pieces totalling £80! :laugh: A Nexo Knights themed MegBricks order it seems :laugh_hard:

8 hours ago, Gomek said:

Quite frankly, with the amount of technical issues they seem to have, they'd be better off just opening up a bricklink store, as ridiculous as that would be. (and yes, I realize they would never do that)

I may try to put in an order by phone for a dozen or so Nexo and Ninjago parts today or tomorrow. I'm pretty much expecting them to tell me they are all licensed and refusing to sell me any of it, but we'll see.

They actually sent me all of my Nexo and Ninjago parts from 2015-2017 (even some from 2012) as well as Bionicle CCBS parts, so it's worth a shot. They even gave it to me for free for all the trouble with the site, but I may have just gotten lucky...

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

The back door is still working for me.

It's working for me again now. In fact, I can even add to basket. I wonder if it's worth trying to check out?

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

48674008117_6abb8caed3_b.jpg

Wait wait, isn't that the EXACT and ONLY reason the thing appears broken for everyone?

Let me explain, my last B&P order was done by email & then phone to pay for my order. Dude prepares my order, I phone to pay through VISA, and he says the payment doesn't work. He then goes to check why, doesn't know what's happening, comes back 15min later and says that the problem was the few parts that didn't have a price yet. He removed them, and the payment went on.

So if it's really the case that some parts are not really available but still listed on B&P, I can imagine payment going wrong for many orders, and Lego not knowing what's going on because they're provided no clue of the problem.

Let's remember that in the past, you could often place orders for parts that didn't have a price yet (& Lego was giving them for free, or not), and operators were told "to stop doing that". Looks like at one end they simply decided to refuse such orders, but because they're incompetent they don't provide any information on the reason why the payment is rejected.
That reminds me that one time another shop had made my VISA blocked (without telling me), and when I was trying to pay on the Lego shop, I was getting a generic error (while I'm sure that Lego was provided a more accurate error from VISA).

I just checked out an order fine, £45+ of regular items plus a similar amount of B+P.

It is worth keeping two windows of your cart open. Once you place the order, use the other window to click edit on the B+P selection, then add the same order or a few pieces again. That way, you retain a B+P line in the cart so you can enter via the backdoor again.

Looks like my only hope is if LEGO fixes the site or if someone out there has a backdoor into a working Australian B&P cart item.

On 9/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Click on the link on the page before this where I quoted J4ck. :) 

can you change the region, I need US not GB

After changing browser 3 times, cleared cookies several times, removed B&P cart and a thousand of attempt, I managed to check out correctly an order of just sets and Pick a Brick parts. Now I'm trying to order B&P by mail, will see in the following week how it goes.
Big issues on the S@H site itself in my country, not just B&P ones.

4 hours ago, Ponga91 said:

After changing browser 3 times, cleared cookies several times, removed B&P cart and a thousand of attempt, I managed to check out correctly an order of just sets and Pick a Brick parts. Now I'm trying to order B&P by mail, will see in the following week how it goes.
Big issues on the S@H site itself in my country, not just B&P ones.

Oof. Good luck my dude.

Edited by J4ck

I have had no issues with the site generally although they still haven't shipped the order I placed on Sunday (or given any indication its being processed)

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

I have had no issues with the site generally although they still haven't shipped the order I placed on Sunday (or given any indication its being processed)

Does it say “In Warehouse”?

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

It has now shipped :)

Ahhh brill! FYI when it says “In Warehouse” it means the order has been processed and is ready to be collected by the shipping company.