LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Site is just no longer working at all here. Just a disassembled landing page. No menus or buttons working

serioulsy they have to do something. I mean it’s a ignore company. When I called for orders, one the rep said that for a lot a people they couldn’t even order sets. (Which I was bailable to do until today). They must loose lots of money. I know the problème might be very complicated but almost 2 months without Bricks and Pieces and now the whole site looks like crap on mobile. 

Edited by Megbricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's offline, but you can still place orders by phone, time consuming as that may be so my guess is technical problems. I mean when isn't it!

It was still working for me until about five minutes ago and now the whole website seems to have given up. Really frustrating considering that I want to spend a decent amount of money tomorrow when the HS promo goes live. ?

And I haven't even tried using my VIP vouchers yet ... this is going to be fun! :sarcasm_hmpf:

Nope totally not alone. I've completely given up on my parts order, but now it looks like I may not even be able to buy the sets I want. I'm talking Hogwarts Microscale Castle and Central Perk so a decent order I've been saving for. Perhaps to Lego this is all small change compared to what they sell in stores, what's a few online orders. At least, that's what I have to tell myself because I can't see why a company would keep running such a dysfunctional website otherwise. Wish I could just walk into a store, but I have no Lego store for 200 + miles. Oh and I've just redeemed my VIP points for 'Online' vouchers ...

I'm so sorry you've gone through all that.

This is all so ironic considering their slogan :sadnew:

29 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I'm so sorry you've gone through all that.

This is all so ironic considering their slogan :sadnew:

Thank you :) It's first world problems though so it could be worse!

One of my bricks and pieces orders just came in, and one really strange thing is I noticed a lot of the parts had a lot of visible dust on them. It was nothing I couldn’t wash off, but I had the impression they’ve been sitting in a warehouse for years. I mostly ordered parts from 2015-2017 that were seemingly accidentally added to the site, but the most dusty ones were some that last appeared in 2012 sets (like a trans purple Ninjago snake, for example). Just really interesting seeing how this whole system operates...

I was able to place my sets order (PU motor and the purple Metalbeard mech) yesterday so that's working for me at least.

Ok Bricks & Pieces is still out but now I can edit the Bricks & Pieces cart successfully.

Edited by J4ck
Added Clarity

Even if I couldn't actually place an order right now, being able to see what price things are on Bricks & Pieces (for the Australian store and in Australian Dollars) would help me figure out what to order from BrickLink and what's so expensive on BrickLink that waiting for B&P to open up for orders again makes more sense...

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

One of my bricks and pieces orders just came in, and one really strange thing is I noticed a lot of the parts had a lot of visible dust on them. It was nothing I couldn’t wash off, but I had the impression they’ve been sitting in a warehouse for years. I mostly ordered parts from 2015-2017 that were seemingly accidentally added to the site, but the most dusty ones were some that last appeared in 2012 sets (like a trans purple Ninjago snake, for example). Just really interesting seeing how this whole system operates...

That's very interesting. On searching through I noticed a few printed pieces from the 2013/ 2014 Star Wars UCS Sandcrawler and Ewok Village sets have become available. One might then assume that this is a sign that those pieces are going to be used again in some upcoming sets, but going on what you found it seems they may have just found and catalogued a bunch of old parts from a warehouse.

I notice that CMF torsos are starting to appear under the 76382 torso listing:

Although obviously don't get your hopes up that they will ever be available based on past ones. It is interesting though that they are appearing as 76382 (and have the neck print) and not 88585 (without neck print) which is where most CMF torsos appear. I wonder if this is an indication that these ones are printed in a different factory.

In terms of neck print vs no neck print, from the 16 I bought (some of which are duplicates) the shower guy, gamer, explorer, space guy, bear suit guy and firefighter have neck prints. The coder, rugby player, gardener, dog walker, mountain biker and pizza suit guy have no neck print (although plain torsos dont have neck prints in general AFAIK)

I did not buy the knight, monkey guy, mummy, or fox costume so I can't comment on whether those have neck prints or not (although the above image suggests the actual parts for both the fox and mummy do have the neck prints)

Hi guys! After spending more than 2 hours late night yesterday trying to order a single set (not even a P&B order) and getting the same payment error at checkout (“cannot process your payment at this time, please contact service support”) that I was having since the july system update of S@H, I finally made my order went through and I discovered what was causing the error (at least for me, please test this and see if it will help you too).

The error happened at parsing the billing address to start the charge. The charge did not start yet, the system was preparing the fields to start the process. After messing with the billing address a lot of times I discovered that the update messed with some fields lengths. 

My country use a 5+3 ZIP code. That was the address stored in my profile that the system was trying to use (and also it was the shipping address). However, when trying to enter a new billing address I found out that the system only allows 4 digits ZIP codes tom y country now (!). The number of digits is specifically for each country, but my country was set wrong. I could not fill a 5 digits ZIP in a new billing address without the system returning an error in the field.

So what I did was to create a new billing address with a ZIP code made of only the first 4 digits of my address. Attention, I did not change the shipping address, just the billing address. After that there was an error when the total of the basket was 0 and checkout wasn´t available. I just emptied the basket and put everything again on it. The order went fine and I was charged in my Credit Card.

Hope this trick may help some of you guys with problems at checkout.

But as a last note, if that works for you too, it shows that Lego TI doesn´t care. Simple as that. They were not working on a solution, because a simple checkout debug would show where the erro ris (parsing a field). Such a great TI support for a large company!

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That's very interesting. On searching through I noticed a few printed pieces from the 2013/ 2014 Star Wars UCS Sandcrawler and Ewok Village sets have become available. One might then assume that this is a sign that those pieces are going to be used again in some upcoming sets, but going on what you found it seems they may have just found and catalogued a bunch of old parts from a warehouse.

Or Lego is tired of having them doing nothing in their warehouse(s) and decided to sell them to get rid of them.

Just now, J4ck said:

Or Lego is tired of having them doing nothing in their warehouse(s) and decided to sell them to get rid of them.

I suppose. They can only offer parts replacement for so long. To think that those parts are around 6 years old now!

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I suppose. They can only offer parts replacement for so long. To think that those parts are around 6 years old now!

They have extra pieces for sets in case you have a broken or missing piece. Well those sets haven't been sold for quite some time so Lego has probably decided to start clearing out older pieces.

Hence why some Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Chima pieces are available again.

Just now, J4ck said:

They have extra pieces for sets in case you have a broken or missing piece. Well those sets haven't been sold for quite some time so Lego has probably decided to start clearing out older pieces.

Hence why some Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Chima pieces are available again.

Really hope you're right. This means some interesting purchases if they would ever become available.

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

What were they? I only noticed a droid head, still quite expensive too!

Just now, MAB said:

What were they? I only noticed a droid head, still quite expensive too!

The dark tan disk with the mushroom print, Leia's hair, her legs (now OOS) and the droid head as you said.

How do some of you guys even access Bricks & Pieces right now?

12 minutes ago, Hive said:

If you have an existing B+P cart you can click the in-cart link in the store and it avoids the yellowed out "buy replacement parts" links on their site.

40 minutes ago, Hive said:

Click on the link on the page before this where I quoted J4ck. :) 

1 hour ago, Ponga91 said:

Really hope you're right. This means some interesting purchases if they would ever become available.

The Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Chima pieces went out of stock like last year or year before and they’ve made available again so I’m thinking it’s gotta be clearing out old pieces! Let’s hope they last long enough for you to buy them eh? :wink:

I’m not sure the Bricks and Pieces inventory on their web site is reliable right now with all their technical issues. I used that B&P searching tool linked earlier in this thread to order a ton of interesting parts that were available. After my order sat “processing” for about 2 weeks they finally canceled most of the interesting parts. Customer service also sent me an email saying the parts were only available because of a technical glitch.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Click on the link on the page before this where I quoted J4ck. :) 

Sweet it worked, thanks!

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

The Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Chima pieces went out of stock like last year or year before and they’ve made available again so I’m thinking it’s gotta be clearing out old pieces! Let’s hope they last long enough for you to buy them eh? :wink:

I'm not looking for a specific ones, just chasing something special so now it's a hunting to find them in old sets :laugh:
Hope site will get back to order before they disappear again...

You guys are talking about Chima pieces... I went through like 50+ Chima sets last night in B&P and didn’t find any pieces specific to chima available. Do you guys have a set number/piece number as a reference?