LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I visited Bricks & Pieces just now via https://www.lego.com/en-au/service/replacementparts?chosenflow=3 and it asked me for my age and country (I selected Australia obviously). Then I added some random parts to my cart to test and it let me check out to the main shop with the LEGO® Bricks & Pieces showing up in the cart.

I can then go as far as the "enter your credit card number" screen. So for me at least it seems to be working unless the error only appears after you plug in the credit card details.

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

I visited Bricks & Pieces just now via https://www.lego.com/en-au/service/replacementparts?chosenflow=3 and it asked me for my age and country (I selected Australia obviously). Then I added some random parts to my cart to test and it let me check out to the main shop with the LEGO® Bricks & Pieces showing up in the cart.

I can then go as far as the "enter your credit card number" screen. So for me at least it seems to be working unless the error only appears after you plug in the credit card details.

This happens after you enter your card info and press submit :/

Hopefully they fix it soon, I have an order I want to make (and there will be parts in it that I would like to use for the show we are doing on the 5th of October).

Well, it is their loss. I was trying to place a + US$150 order for a month. Now I have spend the money elsewhere and serious consider to not use their service anymore. It is not possible for a large company like Lego to have such an e-commerce service these days. It would not be acceptable 15 years algo either. I can’t understand why they do not invest in a better system.

10 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Well, it is their loss. I was trying to place a + US$150 order for a month. Now I have spend the money elsewhere and serious consider to not use their service anymore. It is not possible for a large company like Lego to have such an e-commerce service these days. It would not be acceptable 15 years algo either. I can’t understand why they do not invest in a better system.

Maybe that’s what the update is for.

Has anyone actually talked to LEGO customer service on the phone about the errors when trying to pay and if so what did they say about it?

WT* LEGO!!!

"Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please try again"

And when I do try again, my voucher code discount has disappeared and when typing the code again it has expired/already been used!

They have REALLY messed it up.
Edited by Chilis

6 minutes ago, Chilis said:

"Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please try again"

And when I do try again, my voucher code discount has disappeared and when typing the code again it has expired/already been used!

Last week I have experienced the same. After contacting LEGO online they restored my VIP points.

They thought they solved the problem while B&P was offline, but it seems they were wrong. They advise to wait a bit longer to make a large order, but small orders can be made on telephone.

1 minute ago, Wesley D said:

Last week I have experienced the same. After contacting LEGO online they restored my VIP points.

They thought they solved the problem while B&P was offline, but it seems they were wrong. They advise to wait a bit longer to make a large order, but small orders can be made on telephone.

Thanks. First time I used the points, I got a message saying they`re invalid/expired. That was not true. I contacted them and they restored the points. I tried once again and the VIP/discount code was accepted this time. Happy I went further and confirmed my CVVcode and pushed "SUBMIT", after a few seconds the mentioned error was displayed again. I tried again as "they told me" but the discount code again went invalid/expired... Arrrgh!

Just in case, I tried to order without the discount but with the same result, "Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time. Please try again".

Sooooo.......I wrote them a new email.

Was looking for the boat hull pieces and ran across Maria Hill's torso:

MINI UPPER PART NO. 3003
Element 6112612
Design number 88585
Unit Price USD 2.44

I know it was available before, but found it interesting that it still is.

Its ridiculous that the world's largest toy company can't get a simple e-commerce operation working right in 2019.

Maybe they should stop putting so much effort into "site improvements" (like the recent one that did away with shop.lego.com and changed up the whole LEGO site) and instead just focus on getting things to actually WORK...

Edited by jonwil

I might be lucky, but I placed 2 orders in early August here in Germany and it worked totally fine. Both orders arrived in the regular timespan. 

Edited by julesvincent

Placed an order recently and it came a lot quick than previous orders.

edit: US/east coast

Edited by Gomek

Same here for a UK order. I guess they are fast as no-one else can order!

I always wonder if Bricks and Pieces makes money for Lego, or if they operate it out of a courtesy. I know there are a bunch of people making a living on Bricklink, many who even have employees, so there has to be money in it.

While bricks and pieces can't replace bricklink (because of retired pieces, and licensed stuff) Bricks and Pieces could put a major dent in my bricklink orders if it was just a little more user friendly. Again, not sure if that's their goal.

1 hour ago, Gomek said:

I always wonder if Bricks and Pieces makes money for Lego, or if they operate it out of a courtesy. I know there are a bunch of people making a living on Bricklink, many who even have employees, so there has to be money in it.

While bricks and pieces can't replace bricklink (because of retired pieces, and licensed stuff) Bricks and Pieces could put a major dent in my bricklink orders if it was just a little more user friendly. Again, not sure if that's their goal.

They do make money.

16 hours ago, J4ck said:

They do make money.

If it is an integral part of their business they were losing a lot of money in the past months due to the non-working website. I hope this get noticed by some management level that actually has a say on the e-commerce presence of Lego. Because the way Lego does business with their clients is unacceptable. But again, a lot of problems in the website usually  happens around a new product launch and nothing was ever done, I guess they just don’t care.

Edited by Chiaroscuro

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

They do make money.

yeah, but it must be peanuts compared to sets.  They're not even LISTING Bricks&Pieces anymore. In the past, it was well hidden, but you could still find it in the "bricks" category, but it's not even listed anymore. Now you've got to use the "missing any pieces or instructions?" link.

In short, only Lego nerds like us even know about B&P.
If it's like 0.2% of their income, it'd still be a large amount for a Bricklink seller, but should Lego care?

But obviously B&P has to be there, since it's just an extension of the missing parts support that they have to offer, anyway.

20 hours ago, MAB said:

Same here for a UK order. I guess they are fast as no-one else can order!

UK here too. I placed an order on 17th August for like four pieces, but it's not dispatched yet. Still says In Warehouse. Going on the 7-10 working days shipping it should be here by 30th so there's plenty of time, but I guess I'm just getting jumpy because of all the issues. How quick did yours ship?

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

yeah, but it must be peanuts compared to sets.  They're not even LISTING Bricks&Pieces anymore. In the past, it was well hidden, but you could still find it in the "bricks" category, but it's not even listed anymore. Now you've got to use the "missing any pieces or instructions?" link.

(snip)

But obviously B&P has to be there, since it's just an extension of the missing parts support that they have to offer, anyway.

You can still find it in the menu under Support -> Replacement parts, but I agree it is rather well hidden - unless you know what you are looking for you probably won't find it.

I am not at all convinced they turn a profit on B&P. As you say they have to have the missing parts service, and B&P probably just offset the cost of keeping that running. From what I've been told in Billund they have retirees hand picking the orders, so part courtesy to us AFOLs and part community service. How it is now with people reporting they are shipping B&P orders from more locations than Billund I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, casper0611 said:

I live near Billund but they are always shipped from the Frankfurt area. Never shipped from Denmark

Ahhhh! I knew they came from Germany delivery services, I assumed the warehouse was Denmark. Thanks for confirming!

Edited by J4ck