LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Around 1 week out in next month If you check 7/7 is should be there :wink:

Free, why?!

When you ring up there’s a small chance they’ll give you the piece you want for free, I received two free lemon pieces because they’re not even listed online, I asked for them and the operator said she would give them me :classic:

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Does anyone have any knowledge (e.g. from talking to LEGO on the phone) of when the new eagle is likely to be available for sale?

5 hours ago, froggy95 said:

LEGO told me 6 months but I’ve read it’ll most likely be 1 month. However, LEGO sent me a free mammoth and eagle. 

Didn’t the date July 6th crop up?

16 minutes ago, J4ck said:

When you ring up there’s a small chance they’ll give you the piece you want for free, I received two free lemon pieces because they’re not even listed online, I asked for them and the operator said she would give them me :classic:

Well maybe not a difference to Lego, but to us it is rather a big difference in value from two lemon pieces and a eagle + mammoth :oh: Anyway this has never happened to me, but lucky you :wink: Some people claim they do not understand the difference between buying bricks and replacing missing bricks for free. Maybe they are blind or cannot read, but if enough people abuse this Lego may restrict the service in the future. There is no way a set could be missing the mammoth I think, the quality control in the factory would remove the set because it is to light.. So I was afraid something like that had happened, but if Lego give them to you willingly then it is no problem :grin:

37 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well maybe not a difference to Lego, but to us it is rather a big difference in value from two lemon pieces and a eagle + mammoth :oh: Anyway this has never happened to me, but lucky you :wink:

Once I forgot a part in a PaB or B&P order (a train bogie plate), I noticed it just after validating the order ; I sent an e-mail asking if it was possible to somehow add the missing part to the order, and they sent it for free separately.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:11 AM, MAB said:

Most CMF parts are on there too, just not connected to any particular set.

Really? My attempts at finding CMF parts on UK BAP, get this response: 'We’re sorry, but we can’t offer any parts from the Collectible Minifigure series.'

The parts numbers of CMF exclusive parts on BrickLink do not seem to correspond to anything that BAP recognises. Searching online generally - not just on BL - for LEGO's own parts numbers for those pieces turns up nothing. Even if I could find the part numbers, it is unclear whether they can be bought on BAP. If they can, LEGO is doing a great job of making it as hard as possible to get them.

It may be that, by chance, I am after certain CMF parts that aren't available through BAP while other parts that I am not looking for can be bought through BAP. It may also be that non-exclusive CMF parts are available on BAP, giving the false impression that CMF exclusives are too.

Whatever the situation, I am tired of fighting TLCM (The LEGO Corporate Machine).    

Edited by AmperZand

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Around 1 week out in next month If you check 7/7 is should be there :wink:

Free, why?!

I messaged them and asked when they’d be available and much they’d cost through B&P. The girl I was messaging said she wasn’t sure because it didn’t show in the system yet. A week later I got an email from her apologizing for the delay and had a shipment notification with it. Great service LEGO! I was not expecting that. I was not trying to get anything free and did not lie about any parts missing from the sets. I wanted to pay for the parts. 

Edited by froggy95

19 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

I messaged them and asked when they’d be available and much they’d cost through B&P. The girl I was messaging said she wasn’t sure because it didn’t show in the system yet. A week later I got an email from her apologizing for the delay and had a shipment notification with it. Great service LEGO! I was not expecting that. I was not trying to get anything free and did not lie about any parts missing from the sets. I wanted to pay for the parts. 

Excellent, that is the great service we want from Lego :wub:
I apologize for suspecting you of foul play :blush:

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Well maybe not a difference to Lego, but to us it is rather a big difference in value from two lemon pieces and a eagle + mammoth :oh: Anyway this has never happened to me

I've received numerous parts for free. The thing is that when you phone, you could get parts that don't have a price yet. For some of them, I paid the price when it appeared, while some of them I got for free.
I don't want free parts though, I wanna pay for the most recent ones. Sadly the operators have been told not to sell unpriced parts anymore. While I don't fully understand how hard it is to put a price on a part, I'd say if there's no price, at least temporarily until you give it a price, just bill me the same price as the same/a similar part in another color.

I also remember having bought like 20 minilegs in grey because they were just 5 cents. That's where I realized that 5 cents was Lego's "default price" in their database, and someone forgot to give it the real price. I ended up being charged 6x more. But hey, the free stuff later more than covered that.

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

It may be that, by chance, I am after certain CMF parts that aren't available through BAP while other parts that I am not looking for can be bought through BAP. It may also be that non-exclusive CMF parts are available on BAP, giving the false impression that CMF exclusives are too. 

Whatever the situation, I am tired of fighting TLCM (The LEGO Corporate Machine).   

Well on one hand it makes sense that some parts are really designed as set or CM exclusives, on the other hand it sucks for the common parts that MOCers use, and that happen to be "exclusives" for Lego.

Like, this one in LBG. It's one pretty old & common part, but they added it in LBG as skeleton arms in some Minecraft set. And THUS you can't buy it from Lego. Meanwhile on Bricklink it's treated as the common part that it is, and is cheap.

93061.png

On 6/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, AmperZand said:

Really? My attempts at finding CMF parts on UK BAP, get this response: 'We’re sorry, but we can’t offer any parts from the Collectible Minifigure series.'

The parts numbers of CMF exclusive parts on BrickLink do not seem to correspond to anything that BAP recognises. Searching online generally - not just on BL - for LEGO's own parts numbers for those pieces turns up nothing. Even if I could find the part numbers, it is unclear whether they can be bought on BAP. If they can, LEGO is doing a great job of making it as hard as possible to get them.

Yes, that is right. The parts are on there, but they are not linked to the set numbers. So when you search for the sets, they don't show up. BL uses its own number system which is why they don't tally. Also the parts numbers are not in the LEGO instructions (unlike most sets) so it makes them very hard to find. But they are there. Just look at 88585 and you will see many CMF torsos - all unavailable of course. It used to be that when you searched for the CMF series numbers, they did show you the generic parts that were more generally available, but even that has now been removed.

For example, here are the torsos from Forest Maiden, Elf, Frightening Knight and Pretzel Girl. You cannot see any of these if you search for the set number, but you can if you search for the part number.

goocoUA.png

Never available, but they are listed there.

I think the only CMF parts that were ever available through B+P (as opposed to listed but unavailable) were the double molded legs from the Simpsons, Krusty, Bart and Homer torsos, etc - and these were duplicated by Dimensions which is probably why they were available.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, AmperZand said:

Use Brickset to find the CMF part numbers.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I think the only CMF parts that were ever available through B+P (as opposed to listed but unavailable) were the double molded legs from the Simpsons, Krusty, Bart and Homer torsos, etc - and these were duplicated by Dimensions which is probably why they were available.

Donald Duck’s torso was also available but I bet it was due to the fact it was in the Disney Castle.

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

Use Brickset to find the CMF part numbers.

Oooooh - good tip! Thanks :thumbup:

Some of the parts are still not terribly easy to find because Brickset's search function displays the minifigures without accessories. Once you have identified the minifigure, you can go to 'Appears in', then the complete minifigure and finally through to the parts.   

Successfully placed a nice order yesterday. I got a complete mammoth, a couple sabertooth tigers, a couple eagles, and 24 of these:

Part.jpg

There was no hesitation about getting these in LBG. The guy I talked to sounded like he's been placing orders for a number of AFOLs recently. He had the numbers for the animals already handy and said he had order some for others recently.

I also got the power blasts (35032) in red and the new Ninjago weapons pack (37341). I'll of course post a picture when they arrive.

@Gideon this is the thread I told you about.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

There was no hesitation about getting these in LBG. The guy I talked to sounded like he's been placing orders for a number of AFOLs recently. He had the numbers for the animals already handy and said he had order some for others recently.

Already *huh* What where the prices?

5 hours ago, Galaad said:

How much costs a complete mammoth ?

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Already *huh* What where the prices?

Mammoth was $13.66 for the body parts (head, torso), $1.69 for the trunk, $0.63/larger tusk piece, $0.23 for the smaller tip of the tusk piece. So $17.07 for the whole thing.

$6.70 for the Saber-tooth.

$3.47 for the eagle.

$0.16/piece for the LBG modified plate.

image.png.ae5e7e77b34af0bcd14eb87a3ea6118d.png

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Mammoth was $13.66 for the body parts (head, torso), $1.69 for the trunk, $0.63/larger tusk piece, $0.23 for the smaller tip of the tusk piece. So $17.07 for the whole thing.

$3.47 for the eagle.

$0.16/piece for the LBG modified plate.

Mammoth is quite expensive for one, but worth it given the price of the set it comes in, hope to get the mammoth. I wonder if the price of the saber-tooth is higher due to the new head mold plus being new?

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I’m confused about the mammoth.  Elsewhere the head and body are listed separately (6227893 and 6224747) and I even ordered two heads by phone a few weeks ago.  It seems odd that they would be available individually as well as in a set with the body.  Also the part numbers I have for some of these don’t match up (e.g. eagle: 6232185, which is def correct as my order has shipped).  I’m not questioning your accuracy, just noting that TLG is making this more painful than it needs to be.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote pictures

Just now, fastlindyrick said:

I’m confused about the mammoth.  Elsewhere the head and body are listed separately (6227893 and 6224747) and I even ordered two heads by phone a few weeks ago.  It seems odd that they would be available individually as well as in a set with the body.  Also the part numbers I have for some of these don’t match up (e.g. eagle: 6232185, which is def correct as my order has shipped).  I’m not questioning your accuracy, just noting that TLG is making this more painful than it needs to be.

The guy I talked to said he had to use different numbers for the bagged animals than the ones I gave him. He was able to find them and add them so I didn't have an issue, but that's probably why they look different.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

$3.47 for the eagle.

I think I'd rather just buy the whole set!

Thanks for the tip about the thread! 

Did you have to call to get the mammoth parts or are they also listed online?

2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Thanks for the tip about the thread! 

Did you have to call to get the mammoth parts or are they also listed online?

I had to call. If it follows the trend of the other animals it'll be available in a month or so online. But it's easy enough to call in your order, so why wait?

Those green super power pieces from Krypto team up thingy set, (using this as an example), I bought that piece pack and Lego charged me an extra £0.16 just the protective bag. Lego uses different ID numbers for bagged pieces but I got charged extra so please be aware!

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I also got the power blasts (35032) in red and the new Ninjago weapons pack (37341). I'll of course post a picture when they arrive.@Gideon

I’m waiting for the red utility belt :laugh:! Thanks for reporting back to us :wink:!

I feel like those power blasts have a better value on Bricklink, where you can buy them separately. IMHO they're not all very useful, & for the largest one it's really a missed opportunity, nothing can be attached on the other end, where it could have had a stud, an antistud, or just a bar hole, to be usable as rocket blasts.

A nice shoulder pad here, but pretty expensive. There's a saber hilt with a similar dragon, but it's not listed.

Edited by anothergol

EDIT: just got phone confirmation that this part just can't be ordered. And with this set on Ebay for 10k usd (no joke), if this part ever appears on Bricklink, I estimate its price around 4 trillions.

That exclusive tractor normally has this part in LBG for the seat, maybe someone will have luck ordering it by phone. I doubt it, or the set, is ever gonna appear on B&P.

banner-4000025.jpg

& as a matter of fact, this one has never existed in LBG either, only in old grey:

Someone also said the same for the rims, but I'm no expert in rims

Edited by anothergol

4 hours ago, anothergol said:

That exclusive tractor normally has this part in LBG for the seat, maybe someone will have luck ordering it by phone. I doubt it, or the set, is ever gonna appear on B&P.

I had wondered what that seat was. If you are building that tractor, silver or tan or even black would probably work fine. In fact, the all grey is a bit drab, and most colours would give the saddle a nice pop.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I had wondered what that seat was. If you are building that tractor, silver or tan or even black would probably work fine. In fact, the all grey is a bit drab, and most colours would give the saddle a nice pop.

Depends whether the seat was apart of the framework and contained no upholstery.