LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

I had an order arrive 2 weeks before the shipping notice was sent.

Edited by K_Tiger

15 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I had an order arrive 2 weeks before the shipping notice was sent.

My great detective skills have led me to conclude that there is only 1 explanation for this; your postman is... the Flash.

4 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I never got a shipment order, it simply arrived.

*rubs hands together* hahaha could be arriving any day now then >:)

On 16.7.2017 at 2:43 AM, x105Black said:

I also tried, just out of curiosity, to order the brown bear from 2012 and the goat from 2011, but both are out of production and unavailable.  It's a shame, but oh well.

Interesting to now! At least the bear is back in a few months (in another color if we are lucky), the goat hopefully not far behind :wink:

Just wanted to share my experience:

Called yesterday in UK, got animals and a few other things... noticed that the animals specifically were cheaper over the phone than online, and some animals unavailable online were available over the phone.

I could not get any Nexo parts, including karkenskull helmet and some knight helmet visors even though they were clearly available on the online store. Interestingly she even tried to tell me that the Pearl Dark Grey Bar 1L with Top Stud and 2 Side Studs is licensed because it only came in Ninjago and Super Heroes sets. I eventually convinced her it's a classic part, just in a few new colours and she double checked and agreed to add it to my list.

It's my first bricks and pieces, so many great parts, like nipples and donuts are much cheaper there than bricklink.

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Interesting to now! At least the bear is back in a few months (in another color if we are lucky), the goat hopefully not far behind :wink:

Interesting, where is the info from that the bear will be making a comeback?

4 minutes ago, mishtron said:

It's in a City set in the Winter Wave.

2 minutes ago, mishtron said:

Sir von Lego posted set descriptions over in the City 2018 thread. The highlights were a big cat (presumably a recolor of this years tiger/panther/leopard mold), the bear, a minifigure tree suit and a new bee hive piece.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Sir von Lego posted set descriptions over in the City 2018 thread. The highlights were a big cat (presumably a recolor of this years tiger/panther/leopard mold), the bear, a minifigure tree suit and a new bee hive piece.

Thanks, great to hear, that's very exciting.. if it's different, hopefully the existing bear's prices will go down a bit as well. I was pretty disappointed about the only minifig brown bear being released in my dark age and becoming so expensive so quickly.

One sure way to have to spend a lot of money is to miss the release of a one-and-done LEGO animal. I paid the late-comer tax on the Big Shark, I'll just wait for the new bear.

Edited by K_Tiger

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

One sure way to have to spend a lot of money is to miss the release of a one-and-done LEGO animal. I paid the late-comer tax on the Big Shark, I'll just wait for the new bear.

Definitely an accurate assessment. 

They redesigned the big shark mold for the new Pirates of the Caribbean ship, and I had hope that the regular one would resurface (pun!). Then, when they announced that one of the new themes was Coast Guard, I thought SURELY we would see it there. But, sadly, no. Still stuck paying $25 for it. 

I ended up buying the head and body separately, paid around $18 all told. Wasn't a great deal, but better than what I have seen them go for.

Yeah, that shark was expensive, but it's still one of my favorites.  I'm not too happy about the brown bear's price, and I'm wondering about the new bear.

But I suppose we've gotten off track here.  I didn't order any of Krackenskull's pieces, but I did order some of General Garg's armor (which is black and unavailable online).  I've also been able to order other Nexo Knights pieces.  Not sure why they wouldn't allow it for you.

I think it's because I called in the next day and added it to the order, so it's a tail-end charlie. I don't doubt they're gonna send it. I ordered everything for Reex, Roog and Rogul the other day. Haven't decided who to tackle next, General Garg or Stone Clay. Bring this around to licensed bits, I may attempt Steve Trevor's torso assembly. I really like that print.

12 hours ago, mishtron said:

It's my first bricks and pieces, so many great parts, like nipples and donuts are much cheaper there than bricklink.

Wait, what? Am I missing something? Is this a regional translation thing? What's with the nipples?

13 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'm afraid to click that link.

EDIT: clicked it. Not a virus. Genuine nipples. We're good.

Edited by Actor Builder

I will probably pick up at least one Panther and Leopard (and Tiger if its been added by the time my finances recover to the point I can place this order) in my next Bricks & Pieces order. I have the brown bear, both colors of elephant, quite a few crocodiles, the chimpanzee, the classic monkey, several brown cows, many horses and many smaller animals and I have plans for a zoo MOC in the future and the big cats would be perfect for that :)

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

But I suppose we've gotten off track here.  I didn't order any of Krackenskull's pieces, but I did order some of General Garg's armor (which is black and unavailable online).  I've also been able to order other Nexo Knights pieces.  Not sure why they wouldn't allow it for you.

I think it's just the person who happened to be on the line using her judgement. Since I did convince her on one of the parts, I don't think there is any black and white alert in their system. They are probably trained on a few ways to assess whether it should be considered "licensed" or not. Maybe next time I'll try sweeter talk :pir_laugh2:

Not sure if this is on topic, do you guys see the Nexo line figs going the same route as Chima (as in pretty cheap)? Just trying to assess if it's worth buying the figs from bricks and pieces online (where they are, indeed available) or just waiting.

2 hours ago, mishtron said:

Not sure if this is on topic, do you guys see the Nexo line figs going the same route as Chima (as in pretty cheap)? Just trying to assess if it's worth buying the figs from bricks and pieces online (where they are, indeed available) or just waiting.

That's a pretty good question. The Knights and Season 1's nameless army builders are already there, I think Whiparella is the most expensive of the S1 figures, and she's not very high right now. Season 2's army builders will get there, too. The named characters might be a different story. S.2 Wave 2 hasn't come out here in the States, so there aren't a lot of Krakenskulls, Gargs or Harpies on BL yet, and those that are seem artificially high. Some of them will be cheaper purchased on B&P in the short term, at least.

EDIT:

Aaaand LEGO shipped Krakenskull's helmet. One order, four shipments, two of which are just a single item. C'mon, LEGO. :sceptic:

Edited by K_Tiger

Just stumbled on this thread; really handy for the heads-up on what is currently available from B&P without havlng to do the long trawl through set and element numbers!

One question though: I thought stuff like Nexo Knights wasn't considered licensed as it is an in-house theme. Likewise the new animal moulds; does TLG treat them same as licensed or are they just added here in this thread for convenience?

26 minutes ago, JanetVanD said:

Just stumbled on this thread; really handy for the heads-up on what is currently available from B&P without havlng to do the long trawl through set and element numbers!

One question though: I thought stuff like Nexo Knights wasn't considered licensed as it is an in-house theme. Likewise the new animal moulds; does TLG treat them same as licensed or are they just added here in this thread for convenience?

Added for convenience. :classic:

This thread stopped being about licensed pieces ages ago, now its about all the cool or interesting pieces LEGO happens to make available to buy.